• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

legend166

Fredescu said:
We don't vote for any law, we vote for representatives to make those decisions for us. It could be argued that Rudd won his election partly on the basis that he was going to do more for the environment than Howard was. Arguably, backing down on that was one of the things that caused his approval to tank. Gillard getting back in does suggest doing something about the environment, hence carbon tax.

Well, to be fair, Gillard basically said 'no carbon tax' in those pretty much those exact words, so whether or not you agree with that policy, it's obviously a back flip.

jambo

reptilescorpio said:

Don't you mean $67 AUD?

At least we're in the right region for Amazon.co.uk Blu-rays

G9ynw.png

Fredescu

Choc said:
The point is Labor were hammering him on hte GST 'it will ruin the economy' 'people didnt vote for this' etc etc

so he said fuck it, and took it to an election to prove them wrong.
He took it to an election a second time, after Hewson lost doing it the first time, after which Howard said there would "Never ever be a GST". It's only a "carbon tax" because Gillard couldn't get her "trading scheme" past the Greens and the unions at the same time. So, should she do nothing? That's why Howard lost in 07. She was voted in, presumably to do "something". Abbott is running a campaign on semantics, and it's working pretty well, because people are pretty fucking stupid for the most part.

Fusebox said:
I can't see Australia in the drop-down address list. UK only?
Did you make an account? I just placed my order and they are being posted to my house in Lara. Been using Zavvi for about 12 months now with no problems. They are owned by the same parent company as The Hut.

legend166

My three policies:

1) Heavy investment in nuclear power stations.
2) High speed rail connecting the eastern seaboard cities (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane).
3) Abolish negative gearing

AKA utopian society

Bought the action pack. Damn that's cheap. I'm not enough of a fan of LOTR to pay 60 bucks.

Fusebox said:
I can't see Australia in the drop-down address list. UK only?

Are you trying to pay with Paypal or credit card?

Shaneus

That 10-pack is kind of ridiculous. I'll be able to sell off my existing Bourne trilogy on HD-DVD (for maybe $5 lulz) and I already own BttF. Maybe sell that to someone who doesn't know about the deal (or on eBay). If I could even get $20 for it, I'd break even. Woo!

Fusebox

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Did you make an account? I just placed my order and they are being posted to my house in Lara. Been using Zavvi for about 12 months now with no problems. They are owned by the same parent company as The Hut.

Just made an account then, still no Australia in the drop-down box. Tried both Paypal and CC as payment options, still no Australia.

jambo

reptilescorpio said:
No. Need to remove VAT since we aren't in the UK. And yes the UK are in our region for games and blu rays.

Wow, just went through to the ordering page and there it is, $58.49.

Might have to nab one when I get paid on Thursday!

Fusebox said:
Just made an account then, still no Australia in the drop-down box. Tried both Paypal and CC as payment options, still no Australia.

I've had that happen before. But it just worked for me. I don't know how to fix it. :/
I'm so helpful.

Fredescu

legend166 said:
Well, to be fair, Gillard basically said 'no carbon tax' in those pretty much those exact words, so whether or not you agree with that policy, it's obviously a back flip.
Then she got stuck with a minority government. Oh well.

legend166 said:
My three policies:

1) Heavy investment in nuclear power stations.
2) High speed rail connecting the eastern seaboard cities (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane).
3) Abolish negative gearing

AKA utopian society
Also
4) Abortions for some
5) Miniature American flags for others

Also the DVD extras won't work on a region locked player. Most DVD players should be region free though. If not pick one up for like $30 or run them through your PC. Piece of cake.

Fusebox

Banned
@#$%, it's a Firefox/Chrome issue. Are you people actually using IE or did you create Zavvi accounts before this bug was created?

And great, by the time I sort shit out it's gone from 10 pound to about 84 pounds! Lol, fuck that...

Fusebox said:
Did you make an address in your account? They ship all around the world. Used to cost half a pound but made it free about 3 months ago

Using Chrome.

Go to My Account. Go to Default Delivery Address down the bottom left of the screen. Press the green Change button.

Edit: Actually I can't see Australia either. No idea what has happened. I received a game from them 2 weeks ago.

legend166

Neverender said:
Just ordered this. Thanks so much.

How did you get it to work? When I put it in my cart the price changes to 84 pounds.

I really can't see them honoring a 10 pound price if it's a mistake.

1 "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Extended Edition [Blu-ray]"
Elijah Wood; Blu-ray; £37.49

that's just over $56 shipped

I love high Aussie dollar vs sterling+VAT removal+free shipping

sure beats the situation 10 years ago when it cost $45 to buy the first season of Spaced from the UK

Dead Man

Gillard has done a backflip, but it's to a position I have mild support for, so meh.

Gazunta said:
OK funsters, here's an interesting mental exercise.

Let's say through some wacky clerical error anyone can run for PM in the next election.

What are your three main campaign policies?
Bloody hell.

1. Taking all government rebates, incentives, tax breaks etc currently used on fossil fuels and moving them over to renewables and nuclear.

2. Massive public transport (trams, rail, buses, light rail, hovercraft, I don't care what) investment. Both city and interstate.

3. General commitment to more social liberty and corporate responsibility.

Yeah, I'm a fucking hippy, shoot me.

legend166 said:
How did you get it to work? When I put it in my cart the price changes to 84 pounds.

I really can't see them honoring a 10 pound price if it's a mistake.

Not sure, just went through the process as usual. Got a paypal email confirming the ~$16au as well. Guess I got in before they changed it.

Also which Frozen Synapse server are people playing on? Does it matter (new to PC games, ish)?

jambo said:
It's in my basket but I can't add an Aussie address =[
Is it still the cheap bundle? It probably won't let it go through. Apparently there is a bug with new accounts on anything than IE. The Hut also had the same deal but it seems like a bunch of people were ordering 5 lots on each site.

Fusebox said:
Pretty good, but I got that, Mummy Trilogy and Xmen Trilogy from Amazon UK recently all for around AUS$18 per box. Not really comparable to the deal I just missed out on ffs..... :p

Mmm that's what I was getting at. :)
But if one wanted the Bourne trilogy and that Zavvi deal is over than $24 isn't bad.

Seems like it was a quick stock release 24 hour deal that just got hit too quickly. It was noticed on OzBargain at 11:30am this morning so it had been up for a while before getting taken down.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh, politics.

1. Seconding increased focus on public transport. Extra funding to developer faster public transport networking between inner state regions, and a high speed line between Melbourne and Sydney.

2. Overhauled immigration policies, specifically in integration programs. Stronger support networks for immigrants, and abolishment of drawn out detention centres.

3. Tony Abbot condensed into a fine paste to spread on my sammich.

Gazunta

Oh, head of lettuce. Good one Salazar.

Mine would be

Free public transport and a massive investment in inter-city infrastructure. It's already run at a loss, why not go the full hog.
Major investment in renewable energy, paid for by increased taxes on petrol (but don't complain, you can always take the free train to work)
Abolish anything that if it was introduced today would be illegal in five minutes but it's still in our society today only because of some outmoded tradition and parochial nonsense. See: smoking, being in a commonwealth, the concept of everyone working in an office building in the city from 9 to 5...)

And as my final act as PM I would bring in a new law that makes Google the outright owners of Australia.

EatChildren said:
You want Abbott juice swilling around in your stomach? You absorb that stuff into your stomach lining dude. You will end up TONY INCARNATE.

Dead Man

Gazunta said:
Oh, head of lettuce. Good one Salazar.

Mine would be

Free public transport and a massive investment in inter-city infrastructure. It's already run at a loss, why not go the full hog.
Major investment in renewable energy, paid for by increased taxes on petrol (but don't complain, you can always take the free train to work)
Abolish anything that if it was introduced today would be illegal in five minutes but it's still in our society today only because of some outmoded tradition and parochial nonsense. See: smoking, being in a commonwealth, the concept of everyone working in an office building in the city from 9 to 5...)

And as my final act as PM I would bring in a new law that makes Google the outright owners of Australia.
EatChildren said:
Oh, politics.

1. Seconding increased focus on public transport. Extra funding to developer faster public transport networking between inner state regions, and a high speed line between Melbourne and Sydney.

2. Overhauled immigration policies, specifically in integration programs. Stronger support networks for immigrants, and abolishment of drawn out detention centres.

GAZChildren for PM!!

Top Bottom