• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Well that about does it for the Australian video game industry and anyone ever making non-Mobile games again.

Fredescu said:
people protested that until they were blue in the face. NIMBY is a powerful force in politics.
People complain about everything and anything. People are stupid and loud.

VOOK said:
Well that about does it for the Australian video game industry and anyone ever making non-Mobile games again.
Tax breaks?

Fredescu

reptilescorpio said:
People complain about everything and anything. People are stupid and loud.
That's not really true. People put up with a lot of shit without organising to complain. Put a piece of infastructure near their house though, and they'll go nuts. It's probably negative gearings fault.

Bugger. About to make a long drive to Bool, need car music. Best free CD burning programs???????? Just want to drag and drop out of my Music hard drive.

Kerrby

Banned
No way Sports Tonight is axed :O. What will they replace it with?

Also my policy for PM:
National holiday to game all day err day.
More funding to get decent game developers here in Australia.
National holiday number 2 to game alldayerrday.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Bugger. About to make a long drive to Bool, need car music. Best free CD burning programs???????? Just want to drag and drop out of my Music hard drive.
Windows 7? Just use Windows Media Player.

jambo

reptilescorpio said:

IMGBurn

Foobar2000

Fredescu said:
That's not really true. People put up with a lot of shit without organising to complain. Put a piece of infastructure near their house though, and they'll go nuts. It's probably negative gearings fault.
In regards to property value it is understandable. Takes a lot of effort to get a house these days and they aren't getting any cheaper. To rip that value out is really not fair. Households should be compensated for the change in value each year based on fair revaluations until the house changes hands or 5/10 years pass (good timespan?). Will cost a lot of money but is the right thing to do.

Also via Twitter,
The @IGDA is looking to investigate Team Bondi for crunch practices

Salazar

lol Two Worlds 2.

Pretty enjoyable. Spinning my character around on the spot so his girly braids fly around is oddly addictive.

Also, I am sexually attracted to my orc companion.

Fredescu

Shaneus said:
Does that do audio CDs though?
Yes it does.

"It can burn Audio CD's from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM - including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV."

Shaneus

Oh, nice. I must be thinking of DVD Decrypter then... done by the same guys but really only dealt with image ripping/burning.

Jintor

Salazar said:
lol Two Worlds 2.

Pretty enjoyable. Spinning my character around on the spot so his girly braids fly around is oddly addictive.

Also, I am sexually attracted to my orc companion.

pics

Salazar

Jintor said:

HPqz6.png

Turns out she's half orc.

Means our love is legit, haters.

giri

Kritz said:
So on Sunday I decided to learn how to program network applications in Java. Which also required learning how to multithread and create GUIs*.

All things considered, I think I did pretty well.

s9s89.png

I want to add a user list, and timestamps, and make the server side of it a little less clunky, but otherwise it totally works. If I can be bothered (I can't), I could even use this to make multiplayer text based games with. Or I could learn how to import graphics and make a little 2D adventure game (this would be very hard I imagine).

At the very least, I should be way ahead of what we get taught this semester at uni. :D

* I used Netbeans to make and place the GUI objects for me because I'm lazy.
lol, i've done that stuff. i'ts fun. And not that hard really. java is pretty awesome :p

VOOK said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436228

It's not Nintendo related, so no article from me about it.
HOLY SNAP. Kinda funny that Rockstar of all people are pulling them up on it after the whole Red Dead spouse thing.

Developers were reportedly asked to work 110-hour weeks during crunch periods, often without overtime pay. Studio boss Brendan McNamara was accused of being abusive to staff, while 130 developers have complained of being left off the game's credits.
Yeah the article last week which included interviews with McNamara were impressively bad. The guy is a basket case.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like it couldn't have happened to a nicer project lead.

Jintor

...that's not Goose. D: From the clip it even looks kinda like goose, but that ain't goose...

/edit Huh, I've met half the people they interviewed for that segment

r1chard

giri said:
java is pretty awesome
If only it wasn't so damned verbose. And the exception model sucks. And what's with the duplicated type system? I'll stop now... :)

roosters93 said:
freaks and geeks is a cool show.
Yes, yes it is.

The lack of current TV sci-fi has me rather desperate... I'm watching ... Eureka...

Dead Man

Rahk said:
Dammit! Can't log into Steam on my laptop because the Steam Guard code isn't being sent to my email.
Had that a while ago. So frustrating. I had to wait a day and request the email again, got sent fine then. Not what you want during sales though.

legend166

Just got done watching The Incredibles on Blu-Ray.

It's honestly the perfect movie. I'm going to make a thread about it on the OT.

I'm calling it "Movies with amazing last acts".

Rahk

Dead Man said:
Had that a while ago. So frustrating. I had to wait a day and request the email again, got sent fine then. Not what you want during sales though.
My iPhone is verified, so at least I'll be able to make purchases via the site. I'd still like to play games though!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
legend166 said:

It's one of my all time favourite movies.

ALL TIME

Salazar

Dead Man said:

I straight up forgot my password a little while back. That was intense.

legend166 said:

Agreed. My favourite pixar movie.

Salazar

I read somewhere that changing PhysX from GPU to CPU might get Shattered Horizon to stop crashing on me.

Does this sound plausible ?

Edit: Yep, that shit works. Sweet.

Top Bottom