• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

legend166

JaseC said:
FgbPY.png

I really need a new router.

Someone has to ask:

What is that bookmark you blacked out?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Danoss said:
Why? Can't it stay connected?

Also, try out Foobar and Pidgin, they're neat programs.

That, and I'm synced at 900Kbit on an 8Mbit plan.

legend166 said:
Someone has to ask:

What is that bookmark you blacked out?

A website that, uh, indexes Usenet releases of Linux ISOs. That black rectangle is totally there by accident.

JaseC

3chopl0x said:
I recommend the TP-LINK TD-W8960N

I'll look into that. I'm currently set on the Billion 7800N since it has Wireless-N (which I don't particularly need, but it'd be nice to have) and utilises the Broadcom ADSL2+ chipset which is known to be friendlier to longer lines (my line length is around 3.5KM).

Edit: The aforementioned TP-Link router also sports the Broadband chipset, apparently, and it's ~$80 cheaper. I think we have a winner!

Danoss

JaseC said:
I'll look into that. I'm currently set on the Billion 7800N since it has Wireless-N (which I don't particularly need, but it'd be nice to have) and utilises the Broadcom ADSL2+ chipset which is known to be friendlier to longer lines (my line length is around 3.5KM).
I use the Billion 7300RA which is a vanilla modem/router with an identical line length. I am on Naked ADSL2+ (which should have superior sync speed) and consistently get 500KB/s out of it. It's in bridge mode, so I can't see the sync speed, but that works out to be about 4Mbit. That's about as good as it's going to get at 3.5KM.

Echoplx

JaseC said:

Edit: The aforementioned TP-Link router also sports the Broadband chipset, apparently, and it's ~$80 cheaper. I think we have a winner!

Yep the TP-Link is N and uses the Broadcom chip, did a lot of research before I bought it :)

Never had a single drop out with this modem when the previous d-link I had would drop out every few hours.

Gazunta

MrSerrels said:
Scores are meaningless.
2011-01-25-Reviewer-02.gif

Guys I somehow managed to not watch Good Game tonight, but I am looking for the awkward looking screencaps!

As for the whole Team Bondi email thing, it's amazing how some people outside the games industry view that game. I've had conversations where people think it's FANTASTIC that the game's taken so long to make because it showed real artistic commitment...yikes.

PS: Vook you are awesome <3

JaseC

Danoss said:
I use the Billion 7800RA which is a vanilla modem/router with an identical line length. I am on Naked ADSL2+ (which should have superior sync speed) and consistently get 500KB/s out of it. It's in bridge mode, so I can't see the sync speed, but that works out to be about 4Mbit. That's about as good as it's going to get at 3.5KM.

Nice. Despite my line length, I've reached sync speeds of over 7Mbit. I'm most certainly not connected to a RIM or anything (I live in an old(er) town and have never seen a RIM in all my years here), so I think the copper used for my line is of a heavier gauge. When I first signed up for 8Mbit ADSL back in 2006 I was expecting pretty much the same speeds you're getting. It was a nice surprise, to say the least!

3chopl0x said:
Yep the TP-Link is N and uses the Broadcom chip, did a lot of research before I bought it :)

Never had a single drop out with this modem when the previous d-link I had would drop out every few hours.

Always good to hear. :)

Danoss

JaseC said:
Nice. Despite my line length, I've reached sync speeds of over 7Mbit. I'm most certainly not connected to a RIM or anything (I live in an old(er) town and have never seen a RIM in all my years here), so I think the copper used for my line is of a heavier gauge. When I first signed up for 8Mbit ADSL back in 2006 I was expecting pretty much the same speeds you're getting. It was a nice surprise, to say the least!
I've done some reading after seeing the chipsets mentioned here and it seems I can indeed do better. Time to do some research. If I can get my setup faster, I'm all for it.

JaseC

Danoss said:
I've done some reading after seeing the chipsets mentioned here and it seems I can indeed do better. Time to do some research. If I can get my setup faster, I'm all for it.

Couldn't hurt to post a thread over at Whirlpool.

Aren't you in Mission Impossible IV, Serrels? Is Tom Cruise really a gay midget? Allegedly?

They repeated your Top gear with Nick Frost last night, etc.
etc,

And now I'm going to sleep

PS- you look like Simon Pegg in that pic. A lot. Maybe you should take over from Pegg in the next Star Trek movie. You'd get the accent right.

If it wasn't for my vow never to watch good game again, I'd iView it now

Now, where was that warm bed of mine?

Danoss

JaseC said:
Couldn't hurt to post a thread over at Whirlpool.
I've actually been reading some threads over there about this. I don't need wireless as I run my own semi-homemade wireless router, I just want a straight up modem only or at worst a modem with a 4 port switch.

Looks like I may be looking at a TP-Link TD-8840 to do the job. Much more reading to be done.

MrSerrels said:
Tell me you aren't serious!
I was actually going to say the same thing, minus the Star Trek bit.

Salazar

Melee in Two Worlds II is as broken as everybody says.

And my block doesn't seem to be working. Sonofabitch.

Game is pretty, though.

Rahk

Looks like the action bundle orders on Zavvi are being cancelled according to OzBargain. You'll get a 10% off voucher though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
You -- you guys.

Shadows of the Damned is so cool you guys.

Ok.

JaseC said:

Can you pm me where you got it or ordered from? I can't find it at any of my local stores.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rez said:
You -- you guys.

Shadows of the Damned is so cool you guys.

Ok.

Its okay I guess.

Kirby102

So I just bought a Kinect cause it was $99 at GAME... lol, any suggestions? I picked up Dance Central and Child of Eden with it too...

What else is there?

hamchan

Saw Transformers 3 today. It was alright, best of the trilogy probably. Didn't lack action like the first movie and the transformers were actually identifiable this time unlike the 2nd movie. Also unlike the 2nd movie is that humans are the ones getting owned instead of humans doing most of the owning.

Satchel

Banned
Neverender said:
Anyone wanting to sell a PS3 for some reason?

I've actually been tempted to sell my 60GB PS3.

But I'm struggling to let go. The thing still works, and has been packed away for 2 and a half years. So it's still running very old firmware.

I don't use it anymore for fear of it breaking, and I bought an 80GB Killzone 2 bundle back when it released to replace it, but it's just sitting upstairs packed away.

Omikron

Hrmm, nothing too interesting in the steam sales today... maybe just pickup the missing DLC for CivV.

Box of Bunnies said:
Finally made my first purchase of this Steam sale with the Beat Hazard DLC. Oh god I don't rememeber being so completely terrible at this game.

Terrible game to start with :p

Shaneus

Omi said:
Hrmm, nothing too interesting in the steam sales today... maybe just pickup the missing DLC for CivV.
Really? Today was the first day I actually went nuts on stuff that I was never really interested in. Call of Pripyat, AI Wars, Wings of Fury and the King Arthur collection. Pripyat and KA were both discussed on Idle Thumbs a while back, both AI and Wings of Fury received a high Metacritic rating.
hamchan said:
Saw Transformers 3 today. It was alright, best of the trilogy probably. Didn't lack action like the first movie and the transformers were actually identifiable this time unlike the 2nd movie. Also unlike the 2nd movie is that humans are the ones getting owned instead of humans doing most of the owning.
I really, really didn't like it. Most of the scenes went on for far too long or were completely unnecessary (how long does it take for a fucking building to collapse?!?), the best actors had the smallest roles (John Malkovich, Francis McDormand, Ken Jeong, Alan Tudyk) and the "dramatic" bits were far too corny. Obligatory T&A shots were far too out of place, too. Oh, and the licensed soundtrack was far too cliche emo. Linkin Park? Really?!?

One more thing: TWO AND A HALF FUCKING HOURS?!?

Rahk

Everyone get Beat Hazard and the DLC so we can play co-op!

Also, is King Arthur any good? What kind of game is it?

Edit: Removed a :lol. Must have accidentally pressed it.

Omikron

Shaneus said:
Really? Today was the first day I actually went nuts on stuff that I was never really interested in. Call of Pripyat, AI Wars, Wings of Fury and the King Arthur collection. Pripyat and KA were both discussed on Idle Thumbs a while back, both AI and Wings of Fury received a high Metacritic rating.

Yeah really... already have the STALKER games, not that fussed for aerial combat (unless its a new Crimson Skies)... and metacritic rating as a reason to buy? :(

Shaneus

Omi said:
Yeah really... already have the STALKER games, not that fussed for aerial combat (unless its a new Crimson Skies)... and metacritic rating as a reason to buy? :(
Eh, it's a space RTS. How can it be bad?

Anyway, STEAM SALES! Woo!

Gazunta

Does anyone else here work in an office where the subject of a common conversation also sounds very much like your first name?

CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA KILL ME

Gazunta said:
Does anyone else here work in an office where the subject of a common conversation also sounds very much like your first name?

Same name gaz. same situation, lol

i sit near 3 people that have similar names. when people came over i always think they are saying cam, but alas they are not.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN BROTHER!

MrSerrels

Gazunta said:

Every word sounds like Mark. Every... fucking. Word.

Not to mention the million different ways people use the word Mark.

"Oh, there's a MARK on my trousers."

"I got a good MARK on my exams."

MARK MARK MARK MARK.

MARK.

MARK.

Top Bottom