• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
Every single football team has a player nicknamed ref, every single fucking one.

It pisses me off so much when i am refereeing.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
MrSerrels said:
Every word sounds like Mark. Every... fucking. Word.

Not to mention the million different ways people use the word Mark.

"Oh, there's a MARK on my trousers."

That's what she said. /lame

Frawdder

MrSerrels said:
Every word sounds like Mark. Every... fucking. Word.

Not to mention the million different ways people use the word Mark.

"Oh, there's a MARK on my trousers."

"I got a good MARK on my exams."

MARK MARK MARK MARK.

MARK.

MARK.
This. It gets annoying.

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
Almost forgot to change my avatar for tonight...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

doesn't matter anyway. Tony Archer will cost the game for the blues. It's guaranteed. Just like game one everyone will be talking about how Tony Archer fucked it up Harragon is moronic.

Everyone said game 2 refs got it right and were fair (both QLD and NSW papers) but he goes back to the same guys that completely screwed up Origin 1 AND he even admitted they did.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Solar panel installers are over half an hour late. Come on, I want to go back to bed already (didn't get more than ~3 hours of sleep and I've been up since 7).

Megadrive said:
Can you pm me where you got it or ordered from? I can't find it at any of my local stores.

I haven't ordered just yet. I'll likely just search for it via StaticIce and pick a random store that offers it at a reasonable price and seems reliable.

Choc said:

doesn't matter anyway. Tony Archer will cost the game for the blues. It's guaranteed. Just like game one everyone will be talking about how Tony Archer fucked it up Harragon is moronic.

Everyone said game 2 refs got it right and were fair (both QLD and NSW papers) but he goes back to the same guys that completely screwed up Origin 1 AND he even admitted they did.

Tony Archer and Shayne Hayne are the best refs, typical Choc.

Choc

Banned
roosters93 said:
Tony Archer and Shayne Hayne are the best refs, typical Choc.

watch the start of the second half in the the first origin and tell me that was a forward pass

because it was not by a fucking mile, and archer called it

FWIW Ricky Stuart has said the exact same thing. Archer is going to cost the blues victory with some fuck up and he is livid TA has been given the game after his Origin 1 debacle.

It will be a real shame if QLD win just because of TA's fuckups. If they win fair and square, all good to them. We don't want to leave tonight with some bullshit ref decision screwing the whole series.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Kerrby said:
Getting my 3DS tonight :D. Excitebike 3D is free until tomorrow right?

u4AX2.jpg

Choc said:

I put a picture of Billy Moore as my facebook profile pic since game one. If I wasn't a junior it'd be mine here too.

I'm calling it now, while NSW are still jizzing in their pants about how much they love Paul Gallen, Matty Scott will quietly run circles around him. NSW are just lucky Shillington is having on off year.

Deeku

I'll admit, I'm kinda excited about the match tonight.

Game 2 was the first nrl match I've watched in 15+ years and I enjoyed it. The game seems to be a lot faster than I remember though, which I think is a good thing.

Oh and I was Raiders fan back then. People like Laurie Daily, Ricky Stuart and Brett Mullins were my heroes. Don't really remember why I lost interest though. I think that was the time when I first went to Japan and someone took me to a baseball game and I decided that baseball was more awesome.

So Deadly Premonition is now available for download on XBL Games on Demand in Europe and the US. I'm assuming it isn't going to be available for download in our region, as it was never actually released in stores here.

Is there any easy way I can set up a US or UK XBL account and purchase the game?

(Apologies if this is a stupid question, I've never mucked around with XBL region stuff before)

commanderdeek said:
I'll admit, I'm kinda excited about the match tonight.

Game 2 was the first nrl match I've watched in 15+ years and I enjoyed it. The game seems to be a lot faster than I remember though, which I think is a good thing.

Oh and I was Raiders fan back then. People like Laurie Daily, Ricky Stuart and Brett Mullins were my heroes. Don't really remember why I lost interest though. I think that was the time when I first went to Japan and someone took me to a baseball game and I decided that baseball was more awesome.
Baseball? Really? that shit is almost as boring as golf.

Clipper

FallbackPants said:
I put a picture of Billy Moore as my facebook profile pic since game one. If I wasn't a junior it'd be mine here too.
What's being a junior got to do with anything? You have the same avatar rights as everyone else.

jambo

Omi said:
To play golf yeah, watching can be dull unless its a repeat of the recent masters.

For some reason I love both. There's just something relaxing about it, same with billiards and lawn bowls. I can watch them for hours and feel so peaceful.

Omikron

jambo said:
For some reason I love both. There's just something relaxing about it, same with billiards and lawn bowls. I can watch them for hours and feel so peaceful.

Maybe, I figure they are bit of a background sport to have on TV while you are doing other stuff :)

I really need to play golf again, just ridiculously expensive in Melbourne.

BanShunsaku said:
So Deadly Premonition is now available for download on XBL Games on Demand in Europe and the US. I'm assuming it isn't going to be available for download in our region, as it was never actually released in stores here.

Is there any easy way I can set up a US or UK XBL account and purchase the game?

(Apologies if this is a stupid question, I've never mucked around with XBL region stuff before)
I don't know anything about region-specific XBL accounts so I can't help you there. However, seeing as how most of the prices for Games on Demand are pure arse, wouldn't it be cheaper to import via OzGameShop or Zavvi?

Or must it have it noaw?

Fredescu

I think I would love Baseball if I lived somewhere where it was part of the culture. Or had enough time in the day to follow all the sports I find interesting. Most team sports are pretty good. Apart from AFL.

Deeku

Fredescu said:
I think I would love Baseball if I lived somewhere where it was part of the culture. Or had enough time in the day to follow all the sports I find interesting. Most team sports are pretty good. Apart from AFL.
Yeah, culture is definitely a big part of it too. It's the reason why cricket is so popular here.

MrSerrels

pieatorium said:
Yeah i meant watching, playing baseball and golf aint so bad but damn are the hard to just sit there and watch.

I don't mind watching Golf. But maybe that's because I play and understand why what the pros are doing is so incredible.

Cricket on the other hand - I'd rather dip my balls in a deep-fat fryer.

Omikron

Fredescu said:

Is this where I use that applause gif?

AFL is all good until they all can't catch the ball and there's 50 guys in a ruck tackling each other and dropping the ball and then there's a ball-up. And then rinse and repeat.

Clipper

*sniff* I'm so proud...

On another topic, I just read that Mana Bar Melbourne is opening on the 16th. Hurry up and organise a MelbGAF meetup already you slowpokes.

Choc

Banned
pieatorium said:
Baseball? Really? that shit is almost as boring as golf.

it's far from boring in Japan, its insane

EDIT: The glee project is coming to Eleven

whoever was oggling that chick in steam chat from it can watch it on Eleven now ;p

Choc

Banned
By Malcolm Farr HEALTH activists push for alcohol to be labelled a carcinogen. Live updates

ok so maybe the tobacco companies are starting to have a point about this being an overly nanny state..............

Dead Man

Choc said:
By Malcolm Farr HEALTH activists push for alcohol to be labelled a carcinogen. Live updates

ok so maybe the tobacco companies are starting to have a point about this being an overly nanny state..............
Of all the risks associated with alcohol, isn't cancer waaaaaaaay down the list?

Edit: And it's not a nanny state until the STATE calls for the labels.

Choc

Banned
Dead Man said:
Of all the risks associated with alcohol, isn't cancer waaaaaaaay down the list?

Edit: And it's not a nanny state until the STATE calls for the labels.

where do you think the idea of plain packaging came from? QUIT lobbyists

just the same might happen with booze. It's pretty nuts really. I agree with plain packaging because it is clearly been proven that smokes kill you in the long run. Booze, if drunken moderately and properly are not harmful

also, booze do not have an ingredient designed to create addiction, ie nicotine

edit

HEALTH activists who believe even one alcoholic drink can cause cancer are lobbying MPs in Canberra today for limits on how much we consume and how much we pay for it.
If they're successful in branding alcohol a carcinogen it could lead to tough restrictions similar to those applied to tobacco, including warnings on labels and laws requiring plain packaging.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/cig...er/story-e6frfkw9-1226088686962#ixzz1RIK6JUFt

wat

Choc said:

Alcohol is a group 1 carcinogen and causes 3.6% of all cancer cases, I don't see how spreading that message is really a bad thing. Sure, it's only 3.6% but whatever.

Fredescu

Choc said:
where do you think the idea of plain packaging came from? QUIT lobbyists
There are lobbyists for everything, actual legislation only goes through if it's politically expedient. I doubt this is.

Top Bottom