• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

jambo

Who is Paul Wade?

Shaneus said:
IT IS TO ME, DAMNIT.

WXWSG.gif

Choc said:
while talking football

I've been appointed to referee a match where one of the managers is Paul Wade.

*star struck*

if you say who is paul wade

*shakes fist @ cloud*

*quickly jumps onto google*

found him :)

Fusebox

Banned
Fredescu said:
I've never even heard it debated, and I was arguing on the internet in the 90s.

Debating any kind of slang is so 90's. Regional differences are a given now.

Pots, pints, schooners, ponies...

edit: Sanger...

Fredescu

Fusebox said:
Debating any kind of slang is so 90's. Regional differences are a given now.

Pots, pints, schooners, ponies...
I agree, I didn't even realise he was making a regional reference until he said "IT IS TO ME".

Fusebox

Banned
Fredescu said:
I agree, I didn't even realise he was making a regional reference until he said "IT IS TO ME".

And at the risk of being a hypocrite, I actually don't think 'crackling' is a regional difference. I think Shaneus is just wrong. :p

bodyboarder said:
haha. I take it you couldn't get any this morning?
Didn't even try. I live three hours west and I've got to work this weekend.

legend166 said:
Yeah, it's got no grip and is shaped in a way that makes the bounce very difficult to predict. Besides, how often do you have to pick up a league or union ball at anywhere near full pace? If the ball is on the ground in league someone has either kicked it or there has been a knock on. It's hard to compare.

It's only got crazy flight if you can't kick it properly :p Which brings me to another question of why more NRL players don't kick drop punts. I know Lockyer does (something I remember reading he learnt training with the Lions) and I've seen the Storm players do it (which makes sense). It would make 40/20s much, much easier.

I was more meaning those scrums that happen when someone lets the ball go when they're being tackled, so it's not really at pace. Well much pace.
The reason I've noticed it so much, is I remember my dad rolling and kicking the ball bouncing on the ground to me time after time when I was a kid.

And I totally can't kick. I'm useless at it. 100% built for the forwards.

Damn it, I forgot to post this and now the discussion has moved well on from.

Salazar

Fredescu said:
Salazar what are you going to do when you've played literally every video game and there are none left to play?

I should have proper academic work to do in a few months.

I think my Steam library is comparatively modest, though.

I don't know what PC games to look forward to for the rest of the year, really. Beyond Space Marine, Skyrim, maybe Deus Ex.

Clipper

So if we use AusGAF avatars as a decider for tonight's game, it seems that the maroons have it, yay! That's me and Fallback vs. Danoss. If anybody else wants their avatar marooned before the match, I'm happy to help out...

Kerrby

Banned
Clipper said:
So if we use AusGAF avatars as a decider for tonight's game, it seems that the maroons have it, yay! That's me and Fallback vs. Danoss. If anybody else wants their avatar marooned before the match, I'm happy to help out...

Pfft who cares about State of Origin, Lawn Balls is where it's at.

legend166

Fredescu said:
Salazar what are you going to do when you've played literally every video game and there are none left to play?

Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one to recognise this.

You can't be putting much time into all these games, Salazar. Have you beaten any of them yet?

Salazar

legend166 said:
Have you beaten any of them yet?

Disqualify the Arma II campaigns from this, because the game wouldn't let me progress.

I've won a few races in Blur. Killed a bunch of shit in Left 4 Dead. Got my ass handed to me in Blood Bowl. Dicked around in Just Cause 2 - done a couple of missions. I'm up to the slaughterhouse in Mafia II. I've barely started Metro 2033. I'm a little way into SC: Conviction. I've done most of Serious Sam HD 1, and a bit of 2. I am nowhere in Mount and Blade. I've shot down enough dudes in Wings of Prey. I am a little way past the tutorial in Zeno Clash. I am doing ok in Dawn of War II, but have barely started Chaos Rising. I've been fucked up a couple of times in Napoleon Total War, and have managed a couple of victories in Shogun before being thumped. I am just off to find some orcs to help my companion out of a bear-trap in Two Worlds II. I am totally shit at Virtua Tennis 4. Likewise Resident Evil 5. I am about an hour into Portal 2. I am about a third of the way through a Premier League season in Football Manager 2011. I'm past the first bit on Bulletstorm (which I beat on 360 and am replaying). I suck at Hitman, but have done a couple of missions. I am up to the dwarf cave bit in The Witcher 2. I am most of the way through Crysis.

Short answer: no.

Clipper said:

Over here :)

Fredescu

Finishing games is overrated anyway. Most games just aren't fun enough to trudge through to the point where the developer has arbitrarily decided to place the credits.

Salazar said:
Disqualify the Arma II campaigns from this, because the game wouldn't let me progress.

I've won a few races in Blur. Killed a bunch of shit in Left 4 Dead. Got my ass handed to me in Blood Bowl. Dicked around in Just Cause 2 - done a couple of missions. I'm up to the slaughterhouse in Mafia II. I've barely started Metro 2033. I'm a little way into SC: Conviction. I've done most of Serious Sam HD 1, and a bit of 2. I am nowhere in Mount and Blade. I've shot down enough dudes in Wings of Prey. I am a little way past the tutorial in Zeno Clash. I am doing ok in Dawn of War II, but have barely started Chaos Rising. I've been fucked up a couple of times in Napoleon Total War, and have managed a couple of victories in Shogun before being thumped. I am just off to find some orcs to help my companion out of a bear-trap in Two Worlds II. I am totally shit at Virtua Tennis 4. Likewise Resident Evil 5. I am about an hour into Portal 2. I am about a third of the way through a Premier League season in Football Manager 2011. I'm past the first bit on Bulletstorm (which I beat on 360 and am replaying). I suck at Hitman, but have done a couple of missions. I am up to the dwarf cave bit in The Witcher 2. I am most of the way through Crysis.

Short answer: no.

Instead of writing all that, you could have finished a game :p

Salazar

About to add Sniper: Ghost Warrior to that list.

I have my doubts as to whether I'll finish it.

Edit: Hey, it isn't terrible.

Dead Man

Fredescu said:
Finishing games is overrated anyway. Most games just aren't fun enough to trudge through to the point where the developer has arbitrarily decided to place the credits.
I don't think I have finished a single game I have bought this year. That changes this weekend though! Partner off in Nepal, massive piece of studyshite will be handed up on Friday = games games games.

Actually, I will probably just start but not finish all the shit I bought on Steam this week.

Fredescu

I've finished Portal 2 this year and that's it. Got bored of Dragon Age II, The Witcher 2 started to feel like a chore, and Dungeon Siege 3 got interrupted by the Steam sale and trying to get tickets, and recently last stand in DoW2.

I'm really happy with the number of games that I've finished this year. So far, I have completed Just Cause 2, de Blob 2, Crackdown, Crackdown 2, Enslaved, Limbo, Portal, Red Dead Redemption, Spider-man: Web of Shadows, Flower and Batman: AA. I'm also simultaneously playing a few games that I'm also in the process of playing / close to finishing like Lara Croft: GoL, Super Stardust HD, ilomilo, Pixlejunk Shooter, Shatter, Super Meatboy, Eets, Cuboid. There are also games that you really can't say that you've finished, like Pacman CE DX and NBA 2k11.

That's not bad for 6 months. Considering the TV shares duties in the house and I don't get as much time to play games as I'd like. This year I've definitely finished more games than I did all of last year and actually feel better about gaming.

I've also found that focusing on one retails game at a time and then having a bunch of arcade/puzzle styles games to play when I want a quick session of something has helped a lot.

legend166 said:
It's only got crazy flight if you can't kick it properly :p Which brings me to another question of why more NRL players don't kick drop punts. I know Lockyer does (something I remember reading he learnt training with the Lions) and I've seen the Storm players do it (which makes sense). It would make 40/20s much, much easier.

The best 40/20 kickers don't use drop punts because it is more difficult to kick a 40/20 that way.

IMO the best 40/20 kicker of all time is Hayne and he just bludgeons the ball straight into touch, this keeps a low trajectory and is impossible to stop if done right.

Oh and rugby league > all other sports (though i do follow quite a low of others).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm currently standing at the bus stop and I've just finished game of thrones, um megaton ending?

Awesome!

Hurry up book 2.

Shaneus

Fusebox said:
And at the risk of being a hypocrite, I actually don't think 'crackling' is a regional difference. I think Shaneus is just wrong. :p
Yeah, it's pretty much down to how I was brought up... Mum's just always called it that. Just don't ask me about her Salmon Patties that are made of tuna. I was shocked (I shit you not) when my (then soon to be) brother-in-law pointed that out. Had just never thought of it before.

Oh, and "jaffles".

Jintor said:
What

you can just

buy book 2

Are you talking about the hbo show?

Actually GAF I need some advice on Game of Thrones. Watched the show and fucking loved it. Great show. Should I read the books? I both want to know what happens and don't want to ruin the show.

Before you tell me about how much better books are in general I've been burnt by long book series before. I read up to book 11 in Wheel of Time and then Robert Jordan died. Now 12 (and 13?) have come out bu it's been so long since I read the others I'd have to start again. And who could be arsed doing that?

Salazar said:
Always just called it a toasted sandwich.

But jaffles are when the toasted sandwich is all sealed up!

Like so:

2vi42g2.jpg
\

I might possibly be the only Queenslander who doesn't give a crap about state of origin. All it does it delay my buses and interrupt my news time. =/

Top Bottom