• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

legend166 said:
Question for Queenslanders - is watching the State of Origin coverage just unbearable due to the NSW bias?

I mean, in terms of actively cheering for their team, Phil Gould commentating a State of Origin game is only matched by Robert Walls and Tim Lane commentating a Carlton game.
I hate to admit it, but it's kind of half the fun. Gus' continual excuses for the Blues last night were ridiculous. Talking about how NSW had no ball possession (no shit Gus, they kept on making mistakes when they did) or about Queensland looking tired for one set of six, when NSW were off their feet the whole match. I think i spent more time talking t mates about how much of a D Bag he was than about the game.
And I normally appreciate Gus. He knows his league. But when it comes to Origin he's just a bit too one eyed.

But Joey Johns and Freddy Fitler after game two was a bit much. A bit of bias was one thing but outright celebration with the team just isn't professional.

If you were really pissed there was this - http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/crank-up-true-blue-radio-maroon/story-e6frepbx-1226086722660

Really though, i just miss Roy and HG's commentary. That was amazing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jamestown is the only purchase i will be getting from steam today, I love me a good schmup.

Hopefully rahk will be up for some beat hazard co-op over the next few days, Although i think my weekend is full with game of thones marathon on saturday and the witcher 2 on sunday.

Choc

Banned
1 State Of Origin Rugby League Qld V Nsw 3rd – Match Nine 2,468,000 1,087,000 338,000 899,000 65,000 79,000

2.4 million FARK

338,000 in melbourne is pretty significant

Omikron

evlcookie said:
Jamestown is the only purchase i will be getting from steam today, I love me a good schmup.

Hopefully rahk will be up for some beat hazard co-op over the next few days, Although i think my weekend is full with game of thones marathon on saturday and the witcher 2 on sunday.

I am thinking just Atom Zombie Smasher for me. Looks amusing.

legend166 said:
Question for Queenslanders - is watching the State of Origin coverage just unbearable due to the NSW bias?

I mean, in terms of actively cheering for their team, Phil Gould commentating a State of Origin game is only matched by Robert Walls and Tim Lane commentating a Carlton game.
Hadley, Roach et all on the radio are even more biased imo, i have to listen to their shit as I work evenings.

Shaneus

You all need to buy Jamestown today. If not, you suck.

In fact, if you haven't already bought it because you waited for it to go on sale, you suck.

Choc

Banned
MASAYA MATSUURA: PLAY, SOUND AND VISION

Australian Premiere

For more than 20 years Masaya Matsuura has blurred the lines between music and games. His hit Sony PlayStation game PaRappa the Rapper introduced a new global audience to the potential of music video games. Other critically renowned games include UmJammer Lammy and vib-ribbon.

In this special event, Matsuura-san will play live music in addition to showcasing some of his studio's latest work. He’ll also be interviewed by David Surman who will explore some of the ideas behind his videogames.

$20, Sydney Opera House, 20th August, 1:30pm

DO IT

ClivePwned said:
I ate the last of the maple syrup lollypops I brought back from Canada last night for dessert. So good.
I made myself a delicious French Toast breakfast a few weekends back. As I poured the last of the maple syrup onto them, a huge glob of mould fell all over my previously delicious breakfast.

True story.

Kerrby

Banned
This is why no one takes Kotaku seriously: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436361

They have to be the WORST gaming website I have ever seen, every time I see a Kotaku article posted on this website I pull my hair out.

/Kotaku rant.

Anyway, off to pay my car rego. Such a rip off, $500+ a year.

/Car Rego rant.

Also what's up with the price of bananas for fucks sake.

/Banana price rant.

Shaneus

jambo said:
Everyone should buy GTA Complete and play multiplayer
What if we bought GTA4 and LCS separately?

Kerrby said:
This is why no one takes Kotaku seriously: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436361

They have to be the WORST gaming website I have ever seen, every time I see a Kotaku article posted on this website I pull my hair out.

/Kotaku rant.
Kotaku *US*. KotakAU articles (not the feed articles it gets from the US) are actually really well written. Serrels frequents here, too!

Jintor

serrelsjoined2.gif

MrSerrels

Kerrby said:
Posted April 1. April fools?

Why dismiss the article and play smartass without even reading it?

I've supported pro gaming constantly on the Aussie site - and the above article was also cross posted in the US. I understand the rage because that article was flippant, uninformed and a bit stupid, but the mass overreaction is just typical and equally idiotic, and your post exemplifies it. They did a follow up article and spoke to plenty of folk involved in pro gaming, so give them some credit.

Shaneus

You should chill, Kerrby. The reasons Kotaku is largely disliked around here is due to the US-based articles. The Australian staff are good people.

MrSerrels said:
I understand the rage because that article was flippant, uninformed and a bit stupid
Read like an opinion piece anyway. Which, obviously, a lot of Kotaku stuff is between the longer articles.

Kerrby

Banned
MrSerrels said:

I've supported pro gaming constantly on the Aussie site - and the above article was also cross posted in the US. I understand the rage because that article was flippant, uninformed and a bit stupid, but the mass overreaction is just typical and equally idiotic, and your post exemplifies it. They did a follow up article and spoke to plenty of folk involved in pro gaming, so give them some credit.

I'm sure your a nice guy but it's the same old shit with Kotaku every time. Uninformed opinion after uninformed opinion, the mass posting of late news, non-stop rumours that make no sense. Kotaku need to change for anyone to take them seriously, I disagree about the "mass overreaction" because it's the same with Kotaku do all the time.

It could be worse, they could just post lists all day like IGN and have Greg Miller on staff.

Shaneus said:
You should chill, Kerrby. The reasons Kotaku is largely disliked around here is due to the US-based articles. The Australian staff are good people.

Yeah I'm not saying Serrels isn't a nice person and I'm sure he is but I guess it's just my pure hatred of Kotaku to give the AU version a chance.

Omikron

MrSerrels said:

Sounds and reads a bit like an opinion piece, which I don't think those people can get their heads around. *shrug*

People on internet forums are dicks? Wahay!

Jintor

Kerrby said:
I'm sure your a nice guy but it's the same old shit with Kotaku every time. Uninformed opinion after uninformed opinion, the mass posting of late news, non-stop rumours that make no sense. Kotaku need to change for anyone to take them seriously, I disagree about the "mass overreaction" because it's the same with Kotaku do all the time.

It could be worse, they could just post lists all day like IGN and have Greg Miller on staff.

Yeah I'm not saying Serrels isn't a nice person and I'm sure he is but I guess it's just my pure hatred of Kotaku to give the AU version a chance.

So basically you're an idiot is what you're saying.

It's not about Serrels being a nice person (which he is), it's about him being a good journalist.

MrSerrels

Kerrby said:

How someone could have 'pure hatred' towards a video games website is beyond me.

I guess I just don't understand kids these days. [/billcosby]

Shaneus

Kerrby said:

Do you read the AU site or the US one? Pro-tip when reading the AU one: look for the authors that have an Aussie flag next to them.

On another note, anyone think we should start some kind of game trading/selling thing here on AusGAF? I have a shitload of games I'd be willing to swap or get rid of cheaply if there are other GAFfers that have older games I'd be keen on. As I missed out on a lot of the early PS3 stuff (Motorstorm and Katamari, for example) I'd be more than happy to buy them off someone cheap or swap or something. Beats the shit out of getting new copies from eBay/OGS or... *gasp* EB.

Jintor

MrSerrels said:
How someone could have 'pure hatred' towards a video games website is beyond me.

I guess I just don't understand kids these days. [/billcosby]

I don't hold it too much against him. KotakuUS is pretty dumb.

Wow, didn't think I'd get called an idiot and a dick for not liking a website.

Get it right, it's not for 'not liking a website', it's for a blanket dismissal without bothering to check evidence. That's just plain stupid, whichever way you slice it.

Clipper

jambo said:
Getting my LEGO shuttle tonight. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

The lulz I believe.
Aagh, you stole my plan :/... I don't get mine until next week :p.

Edit: How much did you pay? My total outlay including shipping, tax and currency conversion fees from the US is AU$373.72. So much better off than the AU$494.99 it would have cost on the local store. I'm interested to compare, though.

MrSerrels

Kerrby said:

Look mate, I never called you a dick! I just get frustrated being tarred with a big fuck off brush. Please continue in earnest with your pure hatred of Kotaku, don't mind me.

The pro gaming thing has bugged me more, specifically because I am such a huge fan of pro gaming, and have supported it heavily. I actually used to write for MLG back in the day.

Kerrby

Banned
Jintor said:
Get it right, it's not for 'not liking a website', it's for a blanket dismissal without bothering to check evidence. That's just plain stupid, whichever way you slice it.

Seeing I've been talking about KotakuUS the whole time I completely disagree.

Kerrby said:
You were called those for the attitude, not because you disliked the site. Everyone has the right to dislike whatever they want. Follow the always-relevant words of Wil Wheaton, "Don't be a dick."

Also: Alpha Protocol. Fuck yeah.

Fredescu

Hating on Kotaku US is like hating on airline food, its been done over and over and by much better and funnier people than you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Earlier today when I was playing a video game, I called a sex hotline and my talking skull talked into the phone an got so turned on that he turned into a really big gun. Video games.

Come on guys, less Joytakuoid and more GOPLAYALICESHADOWSOFTHEDAMNEDANDTRECHED.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
Hating on Kotaku US is like hating on airline food, its been done over and over and by much better and funnier people than you.

And yet, people still read it to mock. :)

I knew there was a method to the madness!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Also, what's with this ridiculous Noun-fag nonsense that seems to -- somehow -- be seeping into my Facebook news feed recently?

Deeku

Shaneus said:
On another note, anyone think we should start some kind of game trading/selling thing here on AusGAF? I have a shitload of games I'd be willing to swap or get rid of cheaply if there are other GAFfers that have older games I'd be keen on. As I missed out on a lot of the early PS3 stuff (Motorstorm and Katamari, for example) I'd be more than happy to buy them off someone cheap or swap or something. Beats the shit out of getting new copies from eBay/OGS or... *gasp* EB.
Just post what you have and see if anyone bites.

I used to frequent the game exchange section on palgn but it's closing soon due to the amount of disputes and people getting scammed.

Fredescu

Rez said:
Also, what's with this ridiculous Noun-fag nonsense that seems to -- somehow -- be seeping into my Facebook news feed recently?
Sounds like something of 4chan origin. They call newbies newfags etc.

jambo

pieatorium said:

Oh. Well it was one of those disasters that seemed to smash QLD in such a short time.

Clipper said:
Aagh, you stole my plan :/... I don't get mine until next week :p.

Edit: How much did you pay? My total outlay including shipping, tax and currency conversion fees from the US is AU$373.72. So much better off than the AU$494.99 it would have cost on the local store. I'm interested to compare, though.

Do you mean the Star Wars Imperial Shuttle? I'm getting the NASA Shuttle for $129.

Deeku

Whoa lego shit is expensive!

And the technics stuff, I had a couple of big car/truck/plane ones as a kid. No idea they cost that much.

jambo said:
Oh. Well it was one of those disasters that seemed to smash QLD in such a short time.
Qld is pretty big, it was the one that broke the top part, the floods broke the bottom part. I happen to live in the middle and luckily missed both.

Shaneus

commanderdeek said:
Just post what you have and see if anyone bites.

I used to frequent the game exchange section on palgn but it's closing soon due to the amount of disputes and people getting scammed.
Good idea! I'm gonna start lining up shit that I'll never play and will be happy to sell. While shit's there gathering dust, I really wouldn't care what I got for it.
Rez said:
Can you elaborate at all? Can't see that stuff at work but I'm sure my feed is riddled with it as well.

Top Bottom