• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Gazunta

After writing a billion game reviews back in the day, I'm convinced I can go to any old video game magazine, swap the name of the game out for something modern, and the review would work perfectly.
I think I'll get Brendan Brewer to try it out one week

Edit: Looks like Google Plus invites are working again.

Clipper

jambo said:
Do you mean the Star Wars Imperial Shuttle? I'm getting the NASA Shuttle for $129.
Yeah. Weird that their Lego codes are only one off. And mine is way cooler :p.
10212-0000-xx-12-1.jpg
>>>
10213-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

MrSerrels

Big debate in my neck of the woods...

Olives.

Shit or amazing?

I say shit. Those fuckers infect everything they touch with their foul olive stench.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
After writing a billion game reviews back in the day, I'm convinced I can go to any old video game magazine, swap the name of the game out for something modern, and the review would work perfectly.
I think I'll get Brendan Brewer to try it out one week

Edit: Looks like Google Plus invites are working again.
You can help yourself to my Hyper collection. Everything from #1-100andsomething.

MrSerrels said:

Olives.

Shit or amazing?

I say shit. Those fuckers infect everything they touch with their foul olive stench.
Amazing. I could eat them all day. Sometimes they can be a bit bitter, but they rock.

Google+ invites are working again? Does someone want to give me one?

jambo

Olives are awesome, but I can only eat a few. They're good on a Sub though.

Clipper said:
Yeah. Weird that their Lego codes are only one off. And mine is way cooler :p.

Huh, that is odd.

And I've never really been a fan of the Imperial Shuttle. I love the Death Star, Star Destroyers and especially the Super Star Destroyers, but never the shuttle.

Can't wait for the Super Star Destroyer

Clipper

MrSerrels said:

Olives.

Shit or amazing?

Oil is to die for. Dried or cooked and only used as flavouring, delightful. Disgusting if raw or preserved and stuffed is just ugh.

jambo said:
Huh, that is odd.

And I've never really been a fan of the Imperial Shuttle. I love the Death Star, Star Destroyers and especially the Super Star Destroyers, but never the shuttle.

Can't wait for the Super Star Destroyer
The Imperial Shuttle is partially being used as a test to see how much shipping for the SSD is going to set me back. It seems to have worked well, so I await September. I'm still quite pissed that I missed out on buying the SD and Millenium Falcon while they were still cheap (relatively).

Deeku

MrSerrels said:

Olives.

Shit or amazing?

Olives are great on their own.

Love the green ones.

Dead Man

MrSerrels said:

Olives.

Shit or amazing?

Olive oil goes on everything. Olives go in the bin.

Jintor

Kerrby said:
Seeing I've been talking about KotakuUS the whole time I completely disagree.

Yeah, except for the implications re: Serrels, yeah? Seeing as he only writes for KotakuAU?

Fuck olives, go olive oil

I'mma go pan-fry me some mushrooms

MrSerrels said:
Olives.

Shit or amazing?
Both. Cheap olives on a pizza or from a jar. Shit.
Fresh olives in Turkey and/or Greece. Freaking amazing. I didn't realise I liked olives until I had good olives.

Anyone who wants a Google+ invite just send a PM with your email address.

Fredescu

Olives are a nice way to add something a bit salty to a spag bol, a jaffle, a pizza, a sandwhich, or a pasta. They're like less offensive anchovy. Even the cheap ones are good.

Just don't go frying shit with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It has a low smoke point and it's going to boil and make your food taste like shit. Use either Extra Light, or Canola oil.

Never ever buy "vegetable oil". It is evil shit made by bad people.

Choc

Banned
i want this :)

01_airbus_a_380.jpg

FWIW Lego has officially released a Dreamliner model from Boeing recently.

That A380 is not an official release

Dead Man

Fredescu said:
Olives are a nice way to add something a bit salty to a spag bol, a jaffle, a pizza, or a pasta. Even the cheap ones are good.

Just don't go frying shit with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It has a low smoke point and it's going to boil and make your food taste like shit. Use either Extra Light, or Canola oil.

Never ever buy "vegetable oil". It is evil shit made by bad people.
First statement is bollocks, olives are the food of the damned, but the second and third points are spot on. I see people fry with extra virgin and I just don't want to eat anything they cook any more.

So sad that everyone's opinion of olives seems to have been tarnished by the nasty black things masquerading as real olives.

Also good in a martini.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Dead Man said:
First statement is bollocks, olives are the food of the damned, but the second and third points are spot on. I see people fry with extra virgin and I just don't want to eat anything they cook any more.

if you want a hint of salt added to the spag bol, go with anchovies or vegemite

Jintor

I can kind of see it working, although I've taken to eating my pasta with chicken, salads, and a hint of oil these days

jambo

We always add capsicum and carrot to stir through and even normal bolognese, so tasty!

Clipper said:
The Imperial Shuttle is partially being used as a test to see how much shipping for the SSD is going to set me back. It seems to have worked well, so I await September. I'm still quite pissed that I missed out on buying the SD and Millenium Falcon while they were still cheap (relatively).

Yeah I'm NOT missing out on the SSD, that shit is MINE!

Clipper

jambo said:
Yeah I'm NOT missing out on the SSD, that shit is MINE!
Have you figured out your shipping plan, though? They are selling it on the Aussie store, it seems, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it at AU$999.99 on there.

Fredescu

Should I get a second hand PSP-2000 with cfw already installed in very good condition for $80, or a new PSP-3000 for $180? Does the 3000 do any cool shit that the 2000 doesn't?

jambo

Clipper said:
Have you figured out your shipping plan, though? They are selling it on the Aussie store, it seems, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it at AU$999.99 on there.

I'm going to wait until prices surface, then if it's crazy expensive here I might get it shipped to a mate in the US so he can send it to me.

Either that or send it to one of those mail re-directing services.

MrSerrels

Fredescu said:
Should I get a second hand PSP-2000 with cfw already installed in very good condition for $80, or a new PSP-3000 for $180? Does the 3000 do any cool shit that the 2000 doesn't?

Go PSP 2000. That was a nice upgrade. The 3000 doesn't really add anything new you can't do on a smart phone as far as I'm aware.

Deeku

Fredescu said:
I think the screen is supposed to be better in the 3000, but if you're paying 180 for it you might as well pay a little extra for a Go.

But yeah, 2000 with cfw for 80 is a darn good deal.

jambo

Fogz said:
I wasn't going to but at 10 bucks and the promise of that cool mod working for steam soon I just might..... /stroke imaginary beard

$10 for a great game and 2 fantastic expansions is a steal!

Plus the mods, THE MODS!!!

Fogz

jambo said:
$10 for a great game and 2 fantastic expansions is a steal!

Plus the mods, THE MODS!!!

Well I already had the complete game on 360. But I bought the DLC as they were released like a chump :p

I really wanna buy some of the DLC for the sims (its on sale today
don't hurt me!
) But the original copy I have is a disc (ie. not on steam). Does anyone know if DLC is transferable like that or not?

Choc

Banned
so somehow Thurstons ACL survived that hyper extension

medicos should research the build of his ACL because thats insane, 99% of the time that would easily do your ACL in.

Fredescu

Thanks for the opinions. 2000 it is.

The Go looks like a nice piece of hardware, but the best thing about jumping into a system late is flicking through the bargain bins finding cheap gems. Which I will of course be ripping and playing from memory card anyway. I just don't want to be locked into one store and one set of prices.

jambo

I'm fairly sure the DLC on Steam will only work with Sims 3 on Steam.

Fogz said:
Well I already had the complete game on 360. But I bought the DLC as they were released like a chump :p

Yeah but now you can play it on the master system =P

jambo said:
I'm fairly sure the DLC on Steam will only work with Sims 3 on Steam.

:'( Noooooo. Steam won't even let me buy it.. Man this sucks. I don't really wanna have to buy the whole game again... They really should make it compatible.

elfinke

MrSerrels said:

Olives.

Shit or amazing?

This
Gkj5M.jpg
says you are wrong to dismiss them so.

Rezbit

Choc said:
so somehow Thurstons ACL survived that hyper extension

medicos should research the build of his ACL because thats insane, 99% of the time that would easily do your ACL in.

Lucky man.

Top Bottom