• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Fredescu

Hey Twitterers, is there a way to make it easier to catch up on overnight Tweets without having to page down endlessly until you find the last one you remember reading? I assume "stop using Twitter.com" is the first step. What next?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Just made the biggest months ad revenue on Vooks ever .... ever.

I QUIT.

Planet_JASE said:
After seeing that I doubt you can trust any of the seats to be "good."

Dammit. Now I can only go when I get a corporate box :( And even worse I have to figure out how to get into a corporate box.

VOOK said:
Just made the biggest months ad revenue on Vooks ever .... ever.

I QUIT.

Is there much money in internet ads? I assume you'd have to get a crap load of "ad clicks" to make decent money?

VOOK

Depends on your definition of a lot, I didn't used to think so... but now.. o_0

jambo

Ballpark figure?

evlcookie said:
I'm pretty sure you can crossfire with it though which could be interesting, Probably not great but at least interesting.

Single card set up is always better than CF/SLI

Salazar said:
League rots your brain.

Rots it more than it already is.

Shaneus

jambo said:
Single card set up is always better than CF/SLI
Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure my dual 5850 setup would smoke most single GPU last-gen (GTX4xx/HD5xxx) solutions. The main problem stems from compatibility, not performance. Unless that's what you meant, in which case ignore everything I just said :p

Fredescu said:
Hey Twitterers, is there a way to make it easier to catch up on overnight Tweets without having to page down endlessly until you find the last one you remember reading? I assume "stop using Twitter.com" is the first step. What next?

I don't think so. I normally just go from wherever I start. I figure I'm not going to get everything anyway.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Any of AusGAF going to the Alienware event tonight?

jambo

Shaneus said:
Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure my dual 5850 setup would smoke most single GPU last-gen (GTX4xx/HD5xxx) solutions. The main problem stems from compatibility, not performance. Unless that's what you meant, in which case ignore everything I just said :p

That's exactly what I meant.

And I ignore you anyway ;)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fredescu said:
"An experience so breathtaking it's like it's from another universe." OK.

Yes buuut free booze.

I hope.

Shaneus

Fredescu said:
The compatibility problems are performance problems. Wasn't it you that couldn't run Dirt 2 and NFS:HP at 60fps?
Dirt 2 could (pretty sure it was one of AMDs flagship 58xx titles), it was NFS:HP and Blur (most importantly) that won't.

Omikron

Speaking of Rugby League

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-origin-fans-behave-badly-20110707-1h3pz.html

Three police officers were allegedly assaulted during incidents at pubs following last night's State of Origin in Brisbane.

Police officer Andrew Shaw was left with concussion, cuts and bruises after he was allegedly attacked by New Zealander Christopher Joseph Windle outside a West End bar in the early hours of this morning.

Good thing it wasn't Sokkah Effniks. Shit would be huge.

Fredescu

jambo said:
Why is that so shocking? It came out almost 5 years ago.
Nintendo are ridiculously stingy when it comes to dropping game prices. That they're only just starting to have a "Best of" range on Wii just shows how out of touch they are with the marketplace. Again.

Satchel

Banned
jambo said:

Might grab a copy tonight when I get my LEGO.

Um, Nintendo first party titles almost NEVER drop in price.

TP has been over $90 since launch. Galaxy is still so, as are almost all their 1st party titles.

VOOK

jambo said:

Might grab a copy tonight when I get my LEGO.

Because this is a Nintendo game.

legend166

Hey guys, here are some photos I took with my phone in Europe. I haven't got around to getting the actual ones off the SD cards yet:

A boulangerie in Paris:

2011-05-29+09.25.00.jpg

Me in front of the Neuschwanstein Castle:

2011-06-09+16.59.04.jpg

The view of the Wolfgangsee (near Salzburg) on a cloudy day:

2011-06-12+14.19.44.jpg

Flying into Nice:

2011-06-14+13.17.16.jpg

EZIOOOOOOOOO:

2011-06-22+16.46.40.jpg

EZIOOOOOOOOO pt 2:

2011-06-22+16.46.50.jpg

Sunset in Florence:

2011-06-22+20.39.57.jpg

jambo

Fredescu said:
Nintendo are ridiculously stingy when it comes to dropping game prices. That they're only just starting to have a "Best of" range on Wii just shows how out of touch they are with the marketplace. Again.

Satchel said:
Um, Nintendo first party titles almost NEVER drop in price.

TP has been over $90 since launch. Galaxy is still so, as are almost all their 1st party titles.

VOOK said:
Because this is a Nintendo game.

I get it, I get it :lol

legend166 said:
Hey guys, here are some photos I took with my phone in Europe. I haven't got around to getting the actual ones off the SD cards yet:
Neuschwanstein FTW.

Here's one I took of Hohenschwangau from a second-floor Neuschwanstein window:
2049880412_572adfede9_z.jpg

legend166 said:

A boulangerie in Paris:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wLOiD6-tWxs/ThU_wKOOZOI/AAAAAAAAADc/Oz2kCWu3nBs/s720/2011-05-29+09.25.00.jpg[IMG]

Me in front of the Neuschwanstein Castle:

[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MGYwwgS6x6c/ThU_JjO4wJI/AAAAAAAAADQ/voscyPTlW10/s512/2011-06-09+16.59.04.jpg[IMG]

The view of the Wolfgangsee (near Salzburg) on a cloudy day:

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lK_OlQMDMwI/ThU_CMR0DPI/AAAAAAAAADI/mxEOSB8HwCg/s720/2011-06-12+14.19.44.jpg[IMG]

Flying into Nice:

[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-70G1tGxy_Qo/ThU-6OqOVLI/AAAAAAAAADE/mJm71q8xCVY/s512/2011-06-14+13.17.16.jpg[IMG]

EZIOOOOOOOOO:

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-QVLeyRuXP4E/ThU-0qdBS5I/AAAAAAAAADA/FvQbgL5cd8c/s512/2011-06-22+16.46.40.jpg

EZIOOOOOOOOO pt 2:

2011-06-22+16.46.50.jpg

Sunset in Florence:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--3nPWSJNLYA/ThU-jujn-PI/AAAAAAAAAC0/Y-SjQLA9bTc/s512/2011-06-22+20.39.57.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

All I could think about was Assassin's Creed when I saw all those buildings :lol

Yep, it was awesome seeing them in person when I was in Europe.

Makes you appreciate how accurate they are in the games.

Thinking back, it was almost surreal seeing them up close.

jambo said:
http://i.imgur.com/7p5fc.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

:lol

It's kinda hard not to think about it after playing the games.

Salazar

Frontlines: Fuel of War is alright.

It still looks ok, there's some not-entirely-predictable shit going on with the map design, the enemies die when I shoot em.

Choc

Banned
Aussie cities becoming world's priciest
Sam McKeith
July 7, 2011 - 4:04PM

AAP

The strong Aussie dollar is giving Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane the unenviable reputation of being among the world's most expensive cities, a global survey shows.

It's now cheaper to live in London, Vienna, Rome, Berlin, Hong Kong and Beijing than most Australian capitals, the Economist Intelligence Unit's Worldwide Cost of Living survey found.

Sydney is now the sixth priciest city in the world, up from 32nd place two years ago

Perth and Brisbane, meanwhile, are ranked 13th and 14th - almost 25 per cent dearer than New York City.

Fusebox

Banned
jambo said:
Whilst rent in NYC can be pretty crazy, food, public transport and a lot of other things are dirt cheap.

Yeah that's what I noticed too. I've always wondered why people said Tokyo and NYC are expensive and now I know - it's because they weren't from Sydney!

Top Bottom