• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Dead Man

Jintor said:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/188/4/5/this_happens_to_everybody_by_mul-d3la1j7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Seems a fair reflection of my partners feelings when she finishes a work. So not a really lulzy comic, but a good one. Is that from your DA account?

Dead Man

Jintor said:
Got some cool stuff on there.

Edit:Fuck this social work bullshit. I am sick of writing and reading about the legal and political contexts of youth and its importance to service delivery! Fuck! Stupid Friday deadlines.

/2:30am rant.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Boo steam sales, at this point I may as well pick up some new games for $20 from the uk.

Capcom, why do u suck at pricing on sales, you are so bad .

Rahk

Madrical said:
Oh and I picked up the Westone 3 earphones from www.earphonesolutions.com. Every review I read was glowing other than the price and I wasn't too fussed with paying for quality so they'll hopefully arrive sometime next week. :)
You don't mess around! That was quick. Forgot to mention there are coupons lying around, so you probably could have gotten a bit of a discount, but hopefully you googled for that anyway.

Good choice. I can say they make some good IEM earphones after owning the UM3X. The most comfortable pair I owned and great sound. From what I read, the W3 has a more iPod-friendly sound so you should be happy with it. They're also good with warranty as i had to replace a defective pair which was a problem with all units at the time. Unfortunately I lost them a couple months ago and now I have a pair of Shure SE215 as I didn't want to pay so much again, but I miss my UM3X.

Rahk

evlcookie said:
Boo steam sales, at this point I may as well pick up some new games for $20 from the uk.

Capcom, why do u suck at pricing on sales, you are so bad .
Did you get Beat Hazard Ultra?

I'll be on later if you want to try some co-op. Need to have the same songs indexed to be able to play them though, so I'll probably have to download some of your crappy music if you want to play something other than the included songs. ;)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rahk said:
Did you get Beat Hazard Ultra?

I'll be on later if you want to try some co-op. Need to have the same songs indexed to be able to play them though, so I'll probably have to download some of your crappy music if you want to play something other than the included songs. ;)

Yea I did. I guess we can stick to the included songs for some testing, I doubt you want my metal!

Unless we can both find a good song that's a challenge.

Shaneus

What's the best CnC game on the Steam sale to get? I was about to jump in on 4 at $4, but apparently it's rubbish.

Also thinking of getting Cities XL at $7... I've heard that's pretty neat.

Omikron

People should not post their drawings/comics in this thread, it makes me feel incredibly insignificant about my abilities to draw stick figures. :p

Dead Man

Omi said:
People should not post their drawings/comics in this thread, it makes me feel incredibly insignificant about my abilities to draw stick figures. :p
Shit, I can't even draw stick figures. And I live with an artist.

elfinke

EatChildren said:
Literally this. The idea is that Alienware are going to focus on having a bigger presence in Australia. More products and stronger marketing. The bus tour is their way of trying to spread knowledge of their products as well as offering people hands-on time with the kind of graphical power they can expect. They're also planning to create a localised version of their Alienware website thingo that they have in the US, running and supporting tournaments for major PC games.

Whether that actually pans out though, who knows.

Interesting impressions. Every event like that I ever attended was similarly underwhelming, food and booze aside.

If the Aus line of Alienware stuff was closely matched in both price and customisation options to their US counterparts they would go along way towards winning more marketshare I think. Compare the customisation options of this to this, for example (namely that it seems there are many ways to downgrade the US edition to save some coin, but no such choices in Aus. I've read over at the WP forums that Dell Aus were unwilling (or unable) to budge on these options as well. And obviously there is a bit of gouge on the price conversion also.

Kerrby said:
Incase anyone misses it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29128915

Indians, they're on to us!
I read this yesterday. The money quote for Australians is:
"Just stating facts, guys," Lekha began, as we scribbled notes, "Australia is known as the dumbest continent. Literally, college was unknown there until recently. So speak slowly." Next to me, a young man in a turban wrote No college in his notebook.

"Technologically speaking, they're somewhat backward, as well. The average person's mobile would be no better than, say, a Nokia 3110 classic." This drew scoffs from around the room.

"Australians drink constantly," Lekha continued. "If you call on a Friday night, they'll be smashed—every time. Oh, and don't attempt to make small talk with them about their pets, okay? They can be quite touchy about animals."

"What kind of people are there in Australia?" a trainee asked. "What are their traits?"

"Well, for one thing," Lekha said, "let's admit: They are quite racist. They do not like Indians. Their preferred term for us is—please don't mind, ladies—'brown bastards.' So if you hear that kind of language, you can just hang up the call."

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
"Technologically speaking, they're somewhat backward, as well. The average person's mobile would be no better than, say, a Nokia 3110 classic." This drew scoffs from around the room.

hahaha

Dead Man

elfinke said:
Interesting impressions. Every event like that I ever attended was similarly underwhelming, food and booze aside.

If the Aus line of Alienware stuff was closely matched in both price and customisation options to their US counterparts they would go along way towards winning more marketshare I think. Compare the customisation options of this to this, for example (namely that it seems there are many ways to downgrade the US edition to save some coin, but no such choices in Aus. I've read over at the WP forums that Dell Aus were unwilling (or unable) to budge on these options as well. And obviously there is a bit of gouge on the price conversion also.
$1000 difference? They are taking the piss.

Gazunta

Done. God damn it I really need to stop making every fifteen minute block of my waking day being accounted for. My own fault really.

So where's a good place to take a one day holiday?

Omikron

Gazunta said:
Done. God damn it I really need to stop making every fifteen minute block of my waking day being accounted for. My own fault really.

So where's a good place to take a one day holiday?

Adelaide, you will turn around quick smart.

Gazunta

More Burnout > Less Burnout. And Crash mode was always my favourite part of it.

But God damn it, top down? That's so disappointing :(

Omikron

Choc said:
Sooooo burnout

what you think

1834317-burnoutcrashscreenshot03_noscale_super.jpg

wot?

Gazunta

I actually really like Kinect. The more games that use it the better. I'm serious!

I think we'll all need codes for it to really make up our mind.

Rahk

evlcookie said:
Yea I did. I guess we can stick to the included songs for some testing, I doubt you want my metal!

Unless we can both find a good song that's a challenge.
We could always download an album each and rotate the songs if the default ones are crap.

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
I actually really like Kinect. The more games that use it the better. I'm serious!

HAPPY FEET 2 KINECT CONFIRMED

Choc

Banned
i don't like Australian companies outsourcing to indian call centres for a number of reasons

1. They are in a different country to that where my problem needs to be fixed

2. They find it hard to listen to me, i have to repeat myself multiple times usually and the line quality is SHIT

3. They patronise the SHIT out of us

Telstra has an AU call centre. One of many reasons i stick with them for my phone.

Shaneus

So, which CnC, everyone? It seems that 3 has the best rating but as I haven't played a CnC since 1, I dunno. I think I'm passing on Cities XL as well... have enough RTSey stuff on my list anyway.

PS. Today is Icehouse day on my work PC. Hey Little Girl, Nothing Too Serious, We Can Get Together... so fucking good.

Shaneus said:
So, which CnC, everyone? It seems that 3 has the best rating but as I haven't played a CnC since 1, I dunno. I think I'm passing on Cities XL as well... have enough RTSey stuff on my list anyway.

PS. Today is Icehouse day on my work PC. Hey Little Girl, Nothing Too Serious, We Can Get Together... so fucking good.
I like 2 better than 3, and I don't think I've played 4. Because apparently its shit.

Are any of the Red Alerts on sale? Because I've always preferred them.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
Have you called them lately? They've got heaps of annoying offshore ones too.

Fairly sure Voda have/have had a local call centre. Last time I called them though, I did not get the local one. I got someone that was clearly shouting at me from the end of a very, very long sewer tunnel.

Edit: I just wanna vent at how much I dislike virtual servers and their general shiteness.

Dead Man

FallbackPants said:
I like 2 better than 3, and I don't think I've played 4. Because apparently its shit.

3 is.

Omi said:
Fairly sure Voda have/have had a local call centre. Last time I called them though, I did not get the local one. I got someone that was clearly shouting at me from the end of a very, very long sewer tunnel.
Yeah, that is their one redeeming feature, every time I have called them about their shit coverage I was speaking to an Aussie.

Gazunta said:

I like Kinect too, I mean I don't own one, but playing it at a mates' place is fun as hell.

I just really want a Kinect Rainbow Six with hand gestures to control my squad. That's all I'm asking for.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
phew, looks like my car won't have to smell like pizza now. Thanks, JB.

Shaneus

FallbackPants said:

Yeah, Red Alert 3 and Uprising are on sale. $6 for the full game, $4 for the addon. If the addon doesn't add all that much, I might just get the full standalone game.

Oh, I'm now addicted to Hey Little Girl. Fucking hell, such a great song.

Shaneus said:
Yeah, Red Alert 3 and Uprising are on sale. $6 for the full game, $4 for the addon. If the addon doesn't add all that much, I might just get the full standalone game.

Oh, I'm now addicted to Hey Little Girl. Fucking hell, such a great song.
I haven't played Uprising, so I have no idea what it gives you.

I liked RA3, it kind of retcons out the other games, but it was good fun. It still is full of crazy over the top units and super weapons. It's probably not as good as 1 or 2 though.

I haven't played C&C for ever though. I think 2 was fun. I'd say either C&C 2 or RA3.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
cheers, guys. My heart-sunk when she said she filled the games position, but apparently there's a position opening in DVDs in a week, so I was offered that instead. Lucky. Very lucky.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Congrats on the job Rez. I look forward to the freebies.

Choc, Burnout looks terrible, Like that's a surprise. When i heard it was just crash mode i expected crash mode ripped out of the old burnout games, updated with better graphics and extras added. Like the idea of user made courses, layouts that could be shared between users but no legit leader boards for them until criterion grabbed the popular ones and made them official, month by month. I thought there would be a community feel around it all for some reason.

Instead we got an iPad game for consoles.

Top Bottom