• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

shanshan310 said:
Seeing those hands are reason enough for me to leave for woolworths and never look back :p

the lights are much brighter there
you can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
so go to coles

Been going to woolies for 1-2 years now

edit: I think I killed the thread with my lame coles/downtown jokes.

I got some cat milk from the pet store today. It ran out of date on the 9th of june :/. It didn't cost much but i'm glad i didn't forget to check the label.

On the coles/woolworths thing. It's amazing how empty my local coles always is. Usually there is more people working thatn shopping. Whereas just across the street the woolworths is always packed.

AdventureRacing said:
I got some cat milk from the pet store today. It ran out of date on the 9th of june :/. It didn't cost much but i'm glad i didn't forget to check the label.

On the coles/woolworths thing. It's amazing how empty my local coles always is. Usually there is more people working thatn shopping. Whereas just across the street the woolworths is always packed.
Shit i need milk. Son of a bitch.

That's seemed to be the case most places I've seen that has a Coles and a Woolies.
The only place difference I know is in Toowong in Brissie. The Coles got upgrades every second year and the Woolies was tiny and looked like it was last upgraded in the mid 70s.

CryptiK

Rez said:
cheers, guys. My heart-sunk when she said she filled the games position, but apparently there's a position opening in DVDs in a week, so I was offered that instead. Lucky. Very lucky.
Grats dude but believe me you dodged a bullet with games. My mistake was thinking games was awesome. When you get dealing with reps etc it turns to shit( are you dealing with reps and merchandising in your area?) depending on how you feel about sales you may want to jump in hardware asap you deal with some horrible customers in games.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gazunta said:
Just saw the new Burnout footage.

Yeah, I take back the cautiously positive comments I posted here this morning.

I thought it looked like ass in the picture this morning and now that i've seen the footage, It's certainly ass.

It's an iPad game on a console. If it was simply an iPad title for like $3 then sure, It looks decent, but fucking hell, they could have done something awesome for a real console/pc based download title.

Burnout, Seriously on a downward spiral since burnout 4, whatever the fuck that was called.

Oh man it is so fucking COLD in Warrnambool. Internet sucks donkey penus too. Trying to run an operation off of a wireless modem/router through Telstra is insane. Half of the time you can't even use email. No chance of surfing GAF while at work either, too busy at this early point.
Thankfully they have an Aldi in Bool. No JB Hi-fi, No Big W, No Chemist Warehouse, No Hi Sushi. Really great service at McDonalds though which was surprising considering the one in Hamilton is insanely bad. Decent pubs, lots of attractive women which was also a surprise. I think the ratio of hot is much, much higher than Geelong and Melbourne but I got the impression most of them are bogans. Okay to look at though!
Finally got knocked back for a house we applied for last week. Fucking cunts didn't even bother letting us know that we didn't get it. The bitch on reception was nothing but a cunt the entire time we were trying to rent through them, treated us like shit because we were only rental tenants.
Thankfully talked to PRD yesterday who organised a quick inspection on a place right in the middle of town for today. In a nice quiet little court and even has a mini-playground across the road. Within an hour of the inspection they called to let us know we had been approved for the property. Really fucking great work, cannot speak more highly of them.

Missed out on all the deals since Tuesday which hurts my master race soul. Should I bite on Sanctum? Nah.
BIOSHOCK INFINITE FOOTAGE. I must not watch. I must not taint my virgin eyes before the release of tasty goo is imminent. Ken will not let me down. I trust in Ken. Plus Wizard boy.
Burnout Crash! looks entertaining enough for a cheap download title. I just hope Sony do a PSP remaster of Burnout Legends allowing PSN online play. Crash mode in Legends is still my favourite in the series. So so good.

hamchan

Lol @ Burnout Crash.

I thought it would just be the crash mode from past burnouts ripped out into its own title. Well, EA sure proved me wrong.

hamchan said:
Lol @ Burnout Crash.

I thought it would just be the crash mode from past burnouts ripped out into its own title. Well, EA sure proved me wrong.
Too much of a great idea Ham. EA are all about the iOS space now. Mass Effect 4 will be tower defence.

legend166

Who knows about printers? Is there such a thing as an all in one colour, laser printer?

We want to replace the money sink that is our inkjet, but we want to still be able to scan/photo copy. And we want colour.

Fredescu

legend166 said:
Who knows about printers? Is there such a thing as an all in one colour, laser printer?
Of course. They're totally cheap these days too. Consumable replacement costs can be a little higher, but the end result tends to be a lot more consistent than an inkjet. Also the consumables can stand sitting around not being used rather than drying up if you don't use it for a while. Check out http://www.officeworks.com.au/retai...s-and-Scanners-and-Faxes/Laser-Multifunctions for eg.

AusQB

Hello AusGAF, +1 for Perth.

Like many others, I've basically given up buying games here. My best options are eBay or other online retailers.

As for bullshit ratings and censorship, well, I played Mortal Kombat at PAX East and I was terrible at it. I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

markot

Banned
The Bolt Report slips outside the Top 100 with 123,000 for its first airing and 115,000 for a repeat.

^________________________________________________________^

Danoss

Clipper said:
I feel a little bad at my attempt at trolling Danoss earlier with this:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/Dr_Clipper/GAF%20avatars/rimmertigersaway.png[IMG]
Even though he didn't even react, I thought I'd make this to even the playing field a bit:
[IMG]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/Dr_Clipper/GAF%20avatars/rimmereelshome.png[IMG]

I did get the home and away colours correct, right?[/QUOTE]
It was an obvious troll, which is why I didn't respond to it. The Eels responded in my place by beating the Tigers, who struggled severely to play anything that resembled football at all.

When Ben Smith chased down Benji Marshall just before the try line and taking him out in one go, I think my Larynx wished it belonged to someone else. Hindy's "Shit! Don't worry boys, I got this!" grubber and chase play was bloody inspiring. Well done boys.

To reiterate: I LOVE FOOTY!

AusQB said:

Like many others, I've basically given up buying games here. My best options are eBay or other online retailers.

As for bullshit ratings and censorship, well, I played Mortal Kombat at PAX East and I was terrible at it. I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

But welcome dude!

reptilescorpio said:
I loaned out my DVD of Transformers The 1986 Movie. 9am tomorrow I will be at JB Hi-fi wallet in hand. I MUST HAVE TRANSFORMERS IN MY BRAIN.

God I love it. I want to meet Michael Bay one day to ask him how he feels to be so emasculated by a mid 80s children's cartoon.
I made my girlfriend watch the Prime/Megatron fight earlier in the week just to show her how amazing Transformers could be.

markot said:
The Bolt Report slips outside the Top 100 with 123,000 for its first airing and 115,000 for a repeat.

Haaaaaaaaaaa. Suck shit you dumb fuck

Ventron

markot said:

That's still 238,000.
(I really don't know why channel 10 thinks different schedules between the city and bush is a good idea. I think they repeat George Negus too for the same reason.)

Madrical

Banned
Kerrby said:
That was a wild ride re: Eagles game.

Legend and Rezbit understand :D. Almost had a heart attack.
Can't wait to listen to all the damn Eagles supporters talk shit until Collingwood give 'em a good flogging again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
AusQB said:

I import virtually everything of interest because of how much cheaper it is to do so. Games, BDs, books, even framed movie posters. The one exception I can recall right now is the most recent, and that's the 2-disc SE BD of The Lovely Bones which I purchased from Sanity for $40 (I imported the regular edition just a fortnight ago not knowing it was utterly barebones and that a SE with bonus features existed). I couldn't find it at any European retailers, only US retailers (Region A, which would be useless to me should I upgrade my PS3 to OFW in the future), NZ retailers and, obviously, AU retailers.

Kerrby said:
That was a wild ride re: Eagles game.

Legend and Rezbit understand :D. Almost had a heart attack.
Oh man! So glad I'm back in Geelong for the weekend, will be keeping an ear to the ground to see how fast the wagons turn.

Dead Space steamsale tomorrow might turn out well for me. Loved the first game but lost the disc a while back.

legend166 said:
It's currently 12 degrees in my house.

If we're lucky, it might warm up to 15.
Central heating. It's like a sauna in here while an at-risk-youth that walked past the house looked like he had pneumonia.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Things i just learnt, I can never post a picture in the post pictures thread on gaf after the last few pages. Never ever ever, unless i somehow get a 6 pack and a tan.

Dirt 3 is $34 on steam which is around the same price as ozgameshop, might be $2 cheaper actually. Anyone here going to pick it up?

Guess i need to get mafia 2 gifted as well since it's $7.50

Clipper

shanshan310 said:
What a waste of money on coles part. =/

Is that supposed to be Rimmer from Red Dwarf? If so I approve.
To be exact, it's a Munchkin Rimmer from the episode Blue. There's sort of an evolution to him too, from:
Scribblenauts_Rimmer_fixed.gif

Then when we lost animated GIFs, Gazunta was awesome enough to draw me this:
gazrimmershrunk2.png

which morphed through a few tweaks and some further requests to Gaz into my current usual avatar:
gazrimmershrunk5.png

Lately, I've been fooling with him a bit just for fun, though:
dinogazrimmermodded.png
gazrimmerorigin.png
rimmertigersaway.png
rimmereelshome.png

I just love this avatar.

Danoss said:
It was an obvious troll, which is why I didn't respond to it.
But did I get the colours right? I only had some quick Google searches to go by as the only NRL games I ever watch are the SoO and GF.

FallbackPants said:
I just saw an ad for a kids toy that is literally a ping pong ball and a cup. Like beer pong but without the beer and sold to kids.
Sweet, hope it takes off. I can hand down my set to my son. He better hold my legacy though.

Top Bottom