• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Gazunta

Noni Hazelhurst taught me how to whistle.

No that's not a euphamism.

Edit: Also, what was up with the clipboard Noni carried with her in every scene she was in on City Homicide? We ended up calling the clipboard Jemima every time it showed up.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm finally going to start the (book) Game of Thrones. Wish me luck.

Fogz

Rez said:
I'm finally going to start the (book) Game of Thrones. Wish me luck.

I just started it too, only a chapter or so in. I must say seeing the series first really helped me keep track of who everyone is :)

Clipper

Noni was awesome, but I probably have more fond memories of Benita. I also started watching sometimes when I'd get home from High School if John Hamblin was on. I swear he was using subtle sexual innuendo in on purpose sometimes. The way he would say stuff like, "Today on Play School, we're making babies!" was hilarious.

Noni Hazelhurst has done a reading of 'go the fuck to sleep'. Not a fan of that book though.

My youtube player has gone black and I'm not even in the panda beta thing.

Yoshiya said:
iOS 5 was great, but I lost beta access when I had to exchange my iPad as the old one had dust under the glass. It really is hard to go back, though it looks like the gestures will only be available for iPad 1 users on 4.3.3. That is really shit, as they're a huge usability improvement and it's a blatant case of Apple fucking over their early adopters with arbitrary restriction of software improvements.

Yeah it's pretty shit. I'm sure someone in the cydia community will hook me up with a hack or something though.

Dead Man

Salazar said:
She's no Maeve O'Meara.
But who is?

On another note, I am now employed. Woot. Feels good man. Shitty job will be shitty, but at least it will be a current job on my resume.

Gazunta said:
You know what you fucking guys, you've subjected me to forty fucking pages of PC building bullshit, here's a God damn comic about Mortal Kombat 2.

2011-07-14-Videogame-84.gif

Street Fighter is better than Mortal Kombat. Discuss.
Holy shit, that got me! LOL

MrSerrels

Gazunta said:
You know what you fucking guys, you've subjected me to forty fucking pages of PC building bullshit, here's a God damn comic about Mortal Kombat 2.

2011-07-14-Videogame-84.gif

Alright man, that was one of your best yet. That was awesome.

So guys, every now and then which I watch a flash video (it's happened to a video on vimeo and another on youtube), i see green, then lots of colours, then i can make out the video but there's scattering around the people's faces as if I was watching a buffering video on a really, really shitty site.

I was going to say so is my video card fucked or something, but I don't have one lol.
This laptop has Intel HD graphics.

Clipper

I was trying to find John Hamblin's "making babies" quote, but this is an even better example. Of course, that one didn't air, but there was still plenty of stuff that did. Just look at this. Ah, good times.

Shaneus

roosters93 said:
So guys, every now and then which I watch a flash video (it's happened to a video on vimeo and another on youtube), i see green, then lots of colours, then i can make out the video but there's scattering around the people's faces as if I was watching a buffering video on a really, really shitty site.

I was going to say so is my video card fucked or something, but I don't have one lol.
This laptop has Intel HD graphics.
Sounds like a video driver issue. Try Windows Update?

Jintor

Okay guys, two things:

1) Star Wars Episode One is a heaping pile of terribly made shit except for the podrace, Liam Neeson (not Nielsen) and John William's epic score. I can't believe I lapped that shit up when I was 12. It plays out more like a storyboard or a series of stupid events than an actual movie. God damn you George Lucas and your digitally remastered crap for retroactively ruining my childhood.

2) The Sydney Manga and Anime Show is on this Saturday, and I'll be running the art panels, so come by and hassle me as everything explodes.

Madrical

Banned
Glad to hear good things about iOS5, looking forward to it's release. I think the next iPhone I get will be the 5 since my contract expires in May next year.

Also, my Mario slippers arrived in the mail.

I'm a 20 year old dude wearing blue mushrooms on my feet, and I love it.

Gazunta

Thanks for the kind words about the comic, guys. Always much appreciated and they keep me going when it's late at night and just want to give up this nonsense and go to sleep :)

Tomorrow - Ultima IV

jambo

Gazunta said:
Thanks for the kind words about the comic, guys. Always much appreciated and they keep me going when it's late at night and just want to give up this nonsense and go to sleep :)

It's shit.

Madrical

Banned
Gazunta said:

Tomorrow - Ultima IV
Oh, you wrote it?

You owe me a new can of coke and you can clean my monitor too. AND the keys to my keyboard are sticky now. Nice work dude :p

I don't think i've seen Phantom Menace since it came out, and even though i've been on the 'it's shit' bandwagon for years I remember thoroughly enjoying it as a 13 year old. I feel like if it wasn't a Star Wars movie, it would at least be mindless and amusing. But instead it just shat on a franchise.

In other news, I have a job interview tomorrow. Any tips GAF?

You guys who were 12 or 13 when Phantom Menace don't get to say Lucas ruined your childhood. It's us old gits who know Star Wars when there were only ever three, without Special Editions, or idiotic retcons.

... and I'm a few chapters into Game of Thrones, also.

Dead Man

codswallop said:
You guys who were 12 or 13 when Phantom Menace don't get to say Lucas ruined your childhood. It's us old gits who know Star Wars when there were only ever three, without Special Editions, or idiotic retcons.
Damn right.

Jintor said:
Okay guys, two things:

1) Star Wars Episode One is a heaping pile of terribly made shit except for the podrace, Liam Neeson (not Nielsen) and John William's epic score. I can't believe I lapped that shit up when I was 12. It plays out more like a storyboard or a series of stupid events than an actual movie. God damn you George Lucas and your digitally remastered crap for retroactively ruining my childhood.
I remember watching a downloaded cam footage two weeks before it released here ... when I was 18 :(

pieatorium said:
I remember watching a downloaded cam footage two weeks before it released here ... when I was 18 :(
I did the same thing, it was on two VCDs. Was 21 at the time.

Also, Gaz, I didn't see comics on Solstice, F/A-18 Interceptor, Bard's Tale, Gold Box games, Wizardry, World/Summer/Winter Games. Found probably twice as many more though. It's an interesting challenge trying to find old games you haven't already done comics on. Loved the Forbidden Forest one. Now, where's my Action Biker one?

legend166

codswallop said:

... and I'm a few chapters into Game of Thrones, also.

But Lucas just ruined your adulthood memories of your childhood.

For those of us who were children when the prequels came out (I was 11 for TPM), our childhood was actually ruined by seeing those movies :p

You young'uns will never understand. Never, man!

It's like having an uncle who went senile. Those who knew him beforehand know how much was lost, while others who only knew knew him after the fact never know any different.

Now get off my lawn.

Dead Man

legend166 said:
But Lucas just ruined your adulthood memories of your childhood.

For those of us who were children when the prequels came out (I was 11 for TPM), our childhood was actually ruined by seeing those movies :p
We had to watch, as adults, while Lucas shit the bed. You got a watch a movie that many kids enjoy, and slowly realised it may not be as good as you remembered. We had a harsh education, you had a slow realisation.

*goes back to rocking chair and gets blanket*

jambo

codswallop said:

Fuck off, I get to say what the fuck I want.

I watched the Star Wars movies on VHS from about the age of 4 or 5 and loved them, then when the new ones came along I was all excited. I kinda liked the Phantom, but something felt odd about it and on repeated viewings I quickly soured to it. I never liked Clone Wars and I liked Revenge for about 2 weeks and then when I saw it again at the cinema and realised the hype had gotten to me.

When the Blu-rays come out I'll definitely be getting the IV-VI trilogy collection.

jambo said:
Fuck off, I get to say what the fuck I want.
Of course you can, but there's a different level of disappointment from when you're a kid experiencing a letdown to when someone retroactively ruins something you've enjoyed for decades.
Of course, it doesn't really ruin it, as you had the enjoyment for years.

Also, screw you Korean Air. I bought tickets with your airline, wanted to reserve my seats, so I signed up to your stupid website which asked for all sorts of personal information I didn't want to give, and then I couldn't even link tickets I've already purchased elsewhere to that account. The flight's ages away and I'm already unimpressed at your service.

Gazunta

Madrical said:
Oh, you wrote it?

You owe me a new can of coke and you can clean my monitor too. AND the keys to my keyboard are sticky now. Nice work dude :p
Mission Accomplished! :)

Jambo :~(

I reserve the right to post the Ultima IV comic here if today's AusGAF turns into a snorefest. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

giri

outside of jaja binks, what about phantom menace was overtly terrible?

I'm not saying it's a great movie, but i think it gets panned more because people aproached it with way too much hype.

But then, i enjoyed doom3 /shrug.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
giri said:

I'm not saying it's a great movie, but i think it gets panned more because people aproached it with way too much hype.

loved the pod racing

Dead Man

giri said:

Have you seen the red letter media review?

giri

codswallop said:
When it boils down to it, George Lucas made a kid's movie when just about everyone expected a movie aimed at adults.

True, i guess. It was re-orientated for kids a bit. But i wouldn't have said the original trilogy was aimed at adults, more teens.

Dead Man said:
Have you seen the red letter media review?

No, can't say i have. Is it written by someone who brought a whole bunch of baggage, or was it written as an actual critique?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
giri said:
No, can't say i have. Is it written by someone who brought a whole bunch of baggage, or was it written as an actual critique?

They're satirical reviews by a 'personality' called Harry Plinkett, a psychopathic murderer and film critic.

What makes them funny is not just the dry humour and dark undertones, but the fact that most of Plinkett's points are truthful.

His reviews of the new trilogy and the problems they have relative to the old trilogy are spot on.

Kerrby

Banned
VOOK said:
JC85C.jpg

Fuck off Nintendo.

I got excited, I thought it was a 'Summer Time Sale'. Turns out it's not... Just a category Nintendo put up half way through Americas Summer, for no reason.

Fuck off Nintendo.

Kerrby said:
Just a category Nintendo put up half way through Americas Summer, for no reason.
And Japan's summer, and Europe's summer. Can't blame them for putting it up when it's a massive portion of their market, and forgetting about us. The only other major market would be South America, and I don't think Nintendo has a big presence there.

codswallop said:
When it boils down to it, George Lucas made a kid's movie when just about everyone expected a movie aimed at adults.

The problem isn't that it's a kids movie (the originals were, too), the problem is that a lot of the time it's about boring space politics stuff instead of being a swashbuckling adventure film.

Top Bottom