• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Put everything together this weekend to make sure it works. Get windows running on another drive and just mess around with it. Then just leave it until next weekend and do it all again with the ssd.

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
Choc, you jelly?

PBwDo.jpg

considering mine should be here today as well, no

but fuck you for posting a picture first :p

lets play online?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
WOH lylat wars is out in japan?

how long til NA release?

totally thought it was motnhs away :O i'm still busy with oot

also anyone know how to make it so an entire wireless network bounces through a VPN ?? I want to be able to use netflix on my 3ds not just my laptop.
Also I thought I'd organise a MELBGAF Drinks

I'm thinking in about 3 weeks to give people enough notice? the weekend of the 4/5/6/7 of august? I'll make something a bit more proper to sus out who's in or not when i get home tonight, but just a basic raising of hands for now would be good

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
yes there is.

or is that video i saw wiht peoples faces only local? which would make no fucking sense but hey thats nintendo.

Local only.

HolyCheck said:
WOH lylat wars is out in japan?

how long til NA release?

totally thought it was motnhs away :O i'm still busy with oot

also anyone know how to make it so an entire wireless network bounces through a VPN ?? I want to be able to use netflix on my 3ds not just my laptop.

September, and why you using a VPN and not a DNS thing. Then you just put the DNS settings in the 3DS.

HolyCheck

VOOK said:
Local only.

September, and why you using a VPN and not a DNS thing. Then you just put the DNS settings in the 3DS.

What's a DNS? I don't know about this stuff, I'm only going on the article that news.com.au put out a few weeks back on how to watch hulu and netflix lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Boo book depo, no book today :(

Was shipped on the 5th so I'm guessing next week, monday I hope.

Guess I will go to the awkward Melbgaf meetup holy. The only problem with one is that if it's too late, people are going to get hone at god knows what time. Could be fun to figure out the logistics of it all.

HolyCheck

evlcookie said:
Boo book depo, no book today :(

Was shipped on the 5th so I'm guessing next week, monday I hope.

Guess I will go to the awkward Melbgaf meetup holy. The only problem with one is that if it's too late, people are going to get hone at god knows what time. Could be fun to figure out the logistics of it all.

people have never gone to town for drinks at night time? how antisocial is melbgaf...

Stackboy

Jintor said:
Star Wars Episode One is a heaping pile of terribly made shit except for the podrace, Liam Neeson (not Nielsen) and John William's epic score. I can't believe I lapped that shit up when I was 12. It plays out more like a storyboard or a series of stupid events than an actual movie. God damn you George Lucas and your digitally remastered crap for retroactively ruining my childhood.

It's been 12 years since the release, get over it.

Rezbit

I'm in for a MelbGAF meetup. Fitzroy has some awesome joints, not just the impending Mana Bar. Maybe start early evening-ish (grab some food?), that way the people who need to go home early can, and if any of you are booze hounds we can kick on.

HolyCheck

Rezbit said:
I'm in for a MelbGAF meetup. Fitzroy has some awesome joints, not just the impending Mana Bar. Maybe start early evening-ish (grab some food?), that way the people who need to go home early can, and if any of you are booze hounds we can kick on.

Yeah I think it's also best for people to get to know eachother earlier on in the evening when venues are less busy / less crowded so it's a bit less difficult

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The arvo start is best and that's what I was going to suggest. If there are guys who live closer to the city and want to rave it up like nerds till 4am then you can go nuts.

Meet up at mana in arvo, move out for some food a few hours later and go from there I guess.

Kerrby

Banned
Rezbit said:

I think I'm too good looking for a MelbGAF meetup.

Omikron

For those interested in AFL/ bagging AFL, massive lols today.

Collingwood captain Nick Maxwell and teammate Heath Shaw have become embroiled in a betting scandal with the AFL to shortly announce details of the breaches.

The Age understands Shaw's misdemeanour is more serious and that both players have been linked to gambling on football.

AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson was to reveal details of the gambling offence at 3.45pm at league headquarters.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Starfox 64 3D out September 15th in Australia. 4 days after America and 6 after the UK. See Nintendo, that's how you FUCKING DO IT SON.

Kerrby

Banned
Omi said:

I don't get why this is a big deal. Apparently he got a friend to bet on who will kick the first goal, it's not like he bet against his own team losing :/.

legend166

Omi said:

Watching the press conference now. From what I can tell, this is what happened:

- Nick Maxwell finds out he's playing in the forward line.

- Tells his family.

- Some of his stupid family decide to go bet that he'll kick the first goal of the match (and get good odds, considering Maxwell plays in defence 99% of the time).

- Heath Shaw, perhaps the dumbest person in existence, also decides to place a bet. Gets a 14 match ban. LOL

Couldn't have happened to a better club.

Doesn't look as serious as the NRL one, which is good news.

I hate sports gambling.

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
Starfox 64 3D out September 15th in Australia. 4 days after America and 6 after the UK. See Nintendo, that's how you FUCKING DO IT SON.

hahahaha

aahahhaha

ahhhhhhhhhhh ocarina

Rezbit

Maxwell seems pretty blameless.

Heath Shaw...hahaha what a dumbar- oh shit he's in my Dream Team :(

Seriously though, just don't do it. Even if it was only $10, it's the passing on information that really gets you in the poo.

legend166

Rezbit said:

Seriously though, just don't do it. Even if it was only $10, it's the passing on information that really gets you in the poo.

Let's hope he didn't tell Rhyce!

Omikron

"The only reason Heath got caught was he was seen on CCTV in the TAB. There must’ve been plenty of other bets that day?"Collingwood is expected to hold a press conference this afternoon at the Westpac Centre.

lol.

'only reason'

Kerrby

Banned
Rezbit said:

I don't understand why Maxwell is getting fined. What rule says you can't tell your family what position you're playing?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
He used inside information to make a bet. They aren't allowed to bet at all I think.

Not huge, but does deserve some form of punishment.

Choc

Banned
sports stars are not allowed to bet on any games in the sport that they play in.

not just the games they are actually playing in

Dead Man

legend166 said:
Watching the press conference now. From what I can tell, this is what happened:

- Nick Maxwell finds out he's playing in the forward line.

- Tells his family.

- Some of his stupid family decide to go bet that he'll kick the first goal of the match (and get good odds, considering Maxwell plays in defence 99% of the time).

- Heath Shaw, perhaps the dumbest person in existence, also decides to place a bet. Gets a 14 match ban. LOL

Couldn't have happened to a better club.

Doesn't look as serious as the NRL one, which is good news.

I hate sports gambling.
And people said there was no way Collingwood could lose the GF, give it a couple more weeks and they will find a way to self destruct. But why is Maxwell getting a fine?

Oh yeah, and don't forget that comments on the Draft Classification of Computer Games closes today as well! This one's only a few questions but extremely relevant. Do it
unless you're awesome and already have
!

Rahk said:
My extended LOTR box has arrived! Damn, 726 mins. That's longer than the first season of Game of Thrones!
I watched the LOTR EE DVDs back to back in one day shortly after the third came out. I haven't watched any of them since. True story.

Rahk said:
Good man. Everyone be awesome like Jambo and Rahk (and anyone else who's filled it out).

Top Bottom