• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Clipper

codswallop said:
I watched the LOTR EE DVDs back to back in one day shortly after the third came out. I haven't watched any of them since. True story.
I watched all 4 audio commentaries on each of the first two EEs in marathon sessions... I really love a good audio commentary (although the Weta ones did drag a bit). I don't think I've seen them much since (just once or twice when friends or family were over) as watching one movie five times in a row does drain you just a tad...

Kerrby said:
I think I've read this or a similar post before.
I've been spamming two today, because two similar requests for feedback close today. Both are relevant to AusGAF. Both refer to videogames and one refers to classification and possible censorship of the Internet at large.

Classification of Computer Games:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KZ6WR79

National Classification Scheme Review:
http://www.alrc.gov.au/publications/national-classification-scheme-review-ip-40

Sorry to be harping on about it guys, but if you want change you gotta make some noise once in a while.

In video game news, apparently people are lining up at the Mana Bar... WTF? Anyone know these guys?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=763253&l=563540c5af&id=134791716551906

Clipper said:
I watched all 4 audio commentaries on each of the first two EEs in marathon sessions...
You win!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
codswallop said:
In video game news, apparently people are lining up at the Mana Bar... WTF? Anyone know these guys?

I know who they both are, though not personally.

Shaneus

Dead Man said:
And people said there was no way Collingwood could lose the GF, give it a couple more weeks and they will find a way to self destruct. But why is Maxwell getting a fine?
They're not St. Kilda. They should hold themselves pretty well... this is a blip.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh my god. Thanks to the illegal people, I just found out the blues brothers is coming out on bluray july 26th, In the US anyway.

I can only hope the transfer was not shitty!

Jintor

giri said:
outside of jaja binks, what about phantom menace was overtly terrible?

I'm not saying it's a great movie, but i think it gets panned more because people aproached it with way too much hype.

But then, i enjoyed doom3 /shrug.

There's something severely off about the way scenes are presented. Watching it back-to-back with the Bourne Identity, it's probably easiest to say that Episode One plays like a slideshow of scenes on a storyboard, without much thought about how it views as a movie. Not to mention the terrible, terrible acting from 90% of the cast, Liam Neeson excepted.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
Oh my god. Thanks to the illegal people, I just found out the blues brothers is coming out on bluray july 26th, In the US anyway.

OH SHIT. Commentary should be awesome, too.

Fucking AWESOME. I'll be breaking out the two fried chickens and a Coke. Perhaps a few orange whips as well.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:

Transfer not shitty, but they skimped on the audio. From an Amazon quote (though obv., the user hasn't seen it yet on BR):
Sorry for the all-caps but it needs to be easily seen. This title will only have lossy(compressed) audio on it instead of having an uncompressed audio track. This means that the audio on this disc will be no better than simple dvd quality instead of the uncompressed clarity that blu-ray can offer. Given that this is basically a musical and the music is a huge part of the story and the movie itself, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU RELEASE THIS ON BLU-RAY WITHOUT HD AUDIO?!?! This is completely intolerable and I recommend anyone who's ordered this to cancel their order because Universal really needs to be sent a message that this is absolutely inexcusable on such a beloved title. Would you release West Side Story with lossy audio? Would you release Sound Of Music with lossy audio? Would you release any musical whatsoever in lossy audio? No you wouldn't unless you are Universal and are run by complete and utter buffoons.

Clipper

So... it begins:

photo-29.jpg

Please ignore the mess :p

histopher

I've been spamming two today, because two similar requests for feedback close today. Both are relevant to AusGAF. Both refer to videogames and one refers to classification and possible censorship of the Internet at large.

Classification of Computer Games:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KZ6WR79

National Classification Scheme Review:
http://www.alrc.gov.au/publications/...e-review-ip-40

Sorry to be harping on about it guys, but if you want change you gotta make some noise once in a while.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...34791716551906

Seriously, if anyone has filled out one of those already can you PM me? I can't be bothered filling one out from scratch :(

Fogz

FallbackPants said:
God Spaced was amazing wasn't it? I used to have it all and i think i've lost it. I should go and find it. I'll just have to watch Sean of the Dead until then.

I picked up the whole series pretty cheap from Zavvi

FallbackPants said:
Really? I've never got this. Junglist was cool and all, but stuff like this happens in tv all the time. And Hex and Bajo have a pretty great rapport.
I think people where just upset with how the whole thing went down for Jung. That said even to this day we really don't know what went down on the show, if he got booted so they could have a girl host the show or if it was due to his reviews being late.

Salazar said:
Anyone know what date the Game of Thrones eps are likely to start showing up on iTunes ?

I just bought a pass.

No but you will not be sorry. Best series I have seen in ages.

Worthintendo said:
I think people where just upset with how the whole thing went down for Jung.

Yeah I just found him entertaining to watch. Haven't watch the show in ages now.

Actually Clipper, why don't you setup a camera to record a shot every 5-10 seconds and then put it together as a timelapse movie at the end? That'd be sweet.

So sad that the original prints of Blues Brothers was lost. It was originally like 30-40 mins longer with an intermission. Maybe the audio masters were lost, hence the crap quality audio?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If I go do my moderator powers extend to real life gaffers?

Kirby102

EatChildren said:
If I go do my moderator powers extend to real life gaffers?
LOL oh you.

quick melbGAF, while he's alone with no mod powars! GEDDIM

Also, the Pokemon Tap! app on iOS... not that good lol.

Clipper

So, it's going a tad slowly... took me a while to find Vader's cloak and I didn't want to skip the instruction :p.

This is up to page 17 of the first manual (each manual is 60-80 pages):
photo-30.jpg

Madrical

Banned
Shaneus said:
They're not St. Kilda. They should hold themselves pretty well... this is a blip.
Hope so, I'm hoping to fly over to see my second flag in 2 years. :)

Also, I assume someone here has been to the mana bar.. my mate is going to Melbourne in 2 weeks and wants to know if it's worth going there?

Shaneus

Madrical said:
Hope so, I'm hoping to fly over to see my second flag in 2 years. :)

Also, I assume someone here has been to the mana bar.. my mate is going to Melbourne in 2 weeks and wants to know if it's worth going there?
Snot open yet :p

PC-AusGAF: Is Steam still shitslow for anyone else? I've tried about 50 billion servers and can never get over 200kb/s :/

Mar

giri said:
outside of jaja binks, what about phantom menace was overtly terrible?

I'm not saying it's a great movie, but i think it gets panned more because people aproached it with way too much hype.

But then, i enjoyed doom3 /shrug.

Don't make me agree with you for the first time in our lives. On both counts.

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
Looks super fun clipper!

I really want me some legos now.
It is fun! But also surprisingly tiring... I really wish the pieces were placed in bags based on when you needed them, but I guess finding them is part of the fun. I'm calling it a night at page 42 of the first book:

photo-31.jpg

Oh, and I have to say, the instructions are amazingly easy to follow once you find the right pieces for each step. I'm really impressed by how well it all fits together. Good work LEGO!

Clipper

Woke up early and another hour of work got me to page 64 of the first book:

photo-32.jpg

Man, this truly is a lot more fun than I thought :).

Now to do the cockpit and finish off book 1 (of 4 books).

Clipper

OK, last one for a while (time for breakfast). This is at the end of the 80 pages of instructions in the first book. Just 3 books to go!

photo-33.jpg

Top Bottom