• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Madrical

Banned
user_nat said:
Feels like that video was made by the same kind of people that the video was mocking.
Exactly what I thought.

The screaming kid around 40 seconds in reminded me of my old Counter Strike days.. jeez that community was so hit or miss.

Actually on the topic of CoD, does no one use mics on the PC version nowadays or is it set to off by default? I don't think I've ever heard anyone use a mic... not that I've played it much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Xp3tR.png

Dat SNR. :eek: The onus is on TPG to report this very obvious line fault to Telstra Wholesale, right?

Jintor

I feel better about my art now than I have for months and all it took was a crapload of new pens and some drawings of naked women

Dead Man

Jintor said:
I feel better about my art now than I have for months and all it took was a crapload of new pens and some drawings of naked women
Don't knock drawing of naked women, they seem to be the staple at art school if my partners work is anything to judge by.

Kirby102

Salazar said:
Hot water bottle time in QLD.
Electric blanket is where it's at. :p

Eff me, I just got back from Star Bar, I've sobered up just now after 16 glasses of Bourbon and Coke... hmm hope I don't get hungover for my first day of work tomorrow D:

FML gotta get up at 6.30am >< (tis nearly 1am here)

Echoplx

JaseC said:
http://i.imgur.com/Xp3tR.png

Dat SNR. :eek: The onus is on TPG to report this very obvious line fault to Telstra Wholesale, right?

I'm no expert on this but my SNR margin is 62 (6.2db) (same router) and works fine

SNR and SNR Margin aren't the same thing though, might be worth reading this

6db is the minimum you want but means the best speeds.

Kirby102 said:

Eff me, I just got back from Star Bar, I've sobered up just now after 16 glasses of Bourbon and Coke... hmm hope I don't get hungover for my first day of work tomorrow D:

Hahahahahhahhahahahahahaha. Good luck with that.

I was reading the thread on Xcom being hard, and even though i think i played Xcom like twice when i was about 10 (and got my arse handed to me) it's making me really keen for Xenonauts. I barely even knew about the game before the thread!

I think I'll need to buy a new computer for it though. There are a fair few recent games I've missed out on because I don't trust my computer to run them.

Choc

Banned
JaseC said:

telstra has something very wrong with it this morning, a lot of websites won't open

Choc

Banned
Kirby102 said:

Way to not listen to Legend and I kirby, lol

Choc

Banned
I finished starfox 64 japan

will buy english, game is really good. Graphics updates are nice. Shame there is no map on the bottom screen

Vook what do you think of it.

I'm up to the third or so episode of the second season of The Wire, and frankly it seems like the whole series is about McNulty and how he's never satisfied unless he's knee deep in shit.

codswallop said:
I'm up to the third or so episode of the second season of The Wire, and frankly it seems like the whole series is about McNulty and how he's never satisfied unless he's knee deep in shit.

'What the fuck did I do?"

Stackboy

Guys, is Bioshock 2 good? Like, good enough for me not to be dissappointed, especially since I put the original Biohshock up on such a pedestal?

Jintor

Recommend me podcasts, asshats! Preferably non-gaming ones, my weekly dose of Bombcast + Endurance Run + the occasional 8-4cast is enough.

Currently listening to The Sound of Young America and My Brother, My Brother and Me.

By the way, if I buy songs off iTunes, can I use them on a non iPod music player... like, say, my phone?

Danoss

JaseC said:
First you have to complain to them about it, then they'll say they told Telstra about it and they will fix it. You will then be contacted to be informed that it's fixed, only to find out that it's worse than it was before.

That's what happened to a friend of mine just a few days ago. He lives 600m from the exchange and can barely attain 12Mb (he used to be able to get 18-20Mb). He was still obtaining 18-20Mb during the day but it went to absolute crap at nighttime, so he complained. They "fixed" it and now it's pretty ordinary all the time.

I got the TP-Link modem to test on my connection by the way. I plugged it in and set it all up and it's worse than my Billion by 1Mb. My Billion can attain above 5Mb and the TP-Link can only get just above 4Mb. Lucky it was cheap. I'm just going to keep it as a backup modem in case something happens to my Billion.

Jintor: Radiolab.

Choc

Banned
Jintor said:
Recommend me podcasts, asshats! Preferably non-gaming ones, my weekly dose of Bombcast + Endurance Run + the occasional 8-4cast is enough.

Currently listening to The Sound of Young America and My Brother, My Brother and Me.

By the way, if I buy songs off iTunes, can I use them on a non iPod music player... like, say, my phone?

if they have a + next to them, yes

giri

Danoss said:
First you have to complain to them about it, then they'll say they told Telstra about it and they will fix it. You will then be contacted to be informed that it's fixed, only to find out that it's worse than it was before.

That's what happened to a friend of mine just a few days ago. He lives 600m from the exchange and can barely attain 12Mb (he used to be able to get 18-20Mb). He was still obtaining 18-20Mb during the day but it went to absolute crap at nighttime, so he complained. They "fixed" it and now it's pretty ordinary all the time.

I got the TP-Link modem to test on my connection by the way. I plugged it in and set it all up and it's worse than my Billion by 1Mb. My Billion can attain above 5Mb and the TP-Link can only get just above 4Mb. Lucky it was cheap. I'm just going to keep it as a backup modem in case something happens to my Billion.

Jintor: Radiolab.
You went with TPG, what did you expect?

This is what they are, bulk seller at the cheapest price. You're not paying a premium fee, so you won't get a premium service. Their core market is kids who convinced their parents that "we need more bandwidths!".

Its the same as complaining that your mazda 3 isn't as fast as an AMG Mercedes.

As i tell everyone, there's really nothing wrong with TPG net, but they are who they are.

More directed at JaseC.

Deeku

codswallop said:
McNulty pretty much disappears in season 4 so that's something to look forward to.

While we're on podcasts, anything in same vein as Radiolab that's good? I love Radiolab but I've listened to all of them and need my fix. Generally looking for the same type of science/philosophy discussion.

commanderdeek said:
McNulty pretty much disappears in season 4 so that's something to look forward to.
I didn't say McNulty's presence was a bad thing, but so far he's been the catalyst of things being shaken up, and seems to enjoy pushing people's buttons for the hell of it.

Also, Breaking Bad is back!

Top Bottom