• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Yagharek

The internet question was fair. I just had to make the pigeon comment as it was too easy. Incidentally, the pigeons here are the same size as budgies. They are probably only capable of carrying twitter posts.

Salazar

evlcookie said:
Video Game - Mafia 2

Over the weekend I finished up Mafia 2 which I picked up over the steam summer sales for $7.50 and it was totally worth it.

Fuck yeah.

The moment
when you are descending in the window-washer lift and inside the window some dude pinches his secretary's ass and gets slapped.

So great. I can't bring myself to enjoy the DLC very much, though. All of the conspicuously "videogamey" shit on screen to do with objectives and points and so on.

Salazar

pieatorium said:
For some reason I never got around to getting Mafia 2 despite loving the first one (all of it except the racing mission anyway)

It's so sweet.

There was one fistfight which I think might have been bugged.

I swear this guy and me must have traded about 300 punches. It was so fucking epic. Part of me was annoyed that it wouldn't end, and part of me was bellowing "FUCK YOU I'M GOING TO WIN THIS SHIT".

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You probably had to combo. In the later fights it was just required to slap them around 4 times or so then combo and win. The hand to hand stuff wasn't bad but countering made it a snore fest for the most part.

Salazar

evlcookie said:
You probably had to combo. In the later fights it was just required to slap them around 4 times or so then combo and win. The hand to hand stuff wasn't bad but countering made it a snore fest for the most part.

Stabbing that dude in the neck was an interesting surprise. Prison in general was pretty well done. If it had been less linear, I would have loved for them to stretch that section out a little.

bodyboarder said:
Same. Way too isolated for my liking.
Most little rural towns have a really kick arse community aspect you don't get in metro areas. Just things like the local footy team that everyone goes down to watch, and things like the local show or race day becomes a huge deal.

If you make in roads into the community, by getting involved, or through work or whatever, en its really not bad. But I'd say it depends on where you are really. I mean where I am (for the next for fortnight! getting pretty keen about moving) is three hours drive from Brissie. So really, I can leave from work on a Friday and be in Brissie before 9.

I don't get all this Mafia 2 love. I didn't have a bad time playing it, but I didn't love it by any means. The whole thing just made me want to go and play GTA.

Salazar

roosters93 said:
Just booked a flight to Paris which is in 16 days. Hecticcc

I was supposed to go there on my last trip to Europe, but I ended up being so knackered that I just wanted to come home.

Saving it for next year, perhaps.

Salazar said:
I was supposed to go there on my last trip to Europe, but I ended up being so knackered that I just wanted to come home.

Saving it for next year, perhaps.

Do it. One of my favourite places I visited in Europe.

Tried to find some cheap v-neck tshirts. Best i was able to find was $25 for a 2pack of bonds. I was expecting much cheaper considering it's plain. Hop on the net and this was my first hit was a 5pack of hanes for $10 in the US. If only shipping wasn't such a pain/expensive.

Dead Man

bodyboarder said:
Do it. One of my favourite places I visited in Europe.

Tried to find some cheap v-neck tshirts. Best i was able to find was $25 for a 2pack of bonds. I was expecting much cheaper considering it's plain. Hop on the net and this was my first hit was a 5pack of hanes for $10 in the US. If only shipping wasn't such a pain/expensive.
Clothes are so cheap in the US. Ridiculously so with the current exchange rate.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The town I come from isn't exactly what I'd call rural, but its not far off it. Its a nice place and I was happy to grow there. FallbackPants makes good points about the communal pros of rural towns.

The downside to this though is that if you're not really into the same taste as the rest of the community its easy to feel a bit left out. I got along with pretty much everyone, but I dont have a taste for football, getting tanked every weekend, and the yobbery lifestyle, so there wasnt much reason to stay. I still have some friends there, but none of them are close, and most of my close friends moved elsewhere.

But its still a lovely place to visit, especially now that I live in Melbourne. Its nice to get away from the city and enjoy some fresh country air and beautiful views.

Dead Man

EatChildren said:
The town I come from isn't exactly what I'd call rural, but its not far off it. Its a nice place and I was happy to grow there. FallbackPants makes good points about the communal pros of rural towns.

The downside to this though is that if you're not really into the same taste as the rest of the community its easy to feel a bit left out. I got along with pretty much everyone, but I dont have a taste for football, getting tanked every weekend, and the yobbery lifestyle, so there wasnt much reason to stay. I still have some friends there, but none of them are close, and most of my close friends moved elsewhere.

But its still a lovely place to visit, especially now that I live in Melbourne. Its nice to get away from the city and enjoy some fresh country air and beautiful views.
Yeah, I grew up in a bigger country town, but it was so cliquey it drove me nuts.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dead Man said:
Yeah, I grew up in a bigger country town, but it was so cliquey it drove me nuts.

Thats pretty much it. If you dont fit in the clique, theres not a lot of reason to really dig your roots in and stay there. Especially young and straight out of school.

Dead Man

EatChildren said:
Thats pretty much it. If you dont fit in the clique, theres not a lot of reason to really dig your roots in and stay there. Especially young and straight out of school.
Yep. It is a beautiful place, but I haven't been back in 15 years, and I don't really miss it.
bodyboarder said:
Yeah. Shoes are also so cheap, pity shipping kills the savings.
I find if I can get a mate or two to bulk purchase, and pick a slow shipping option there are still good savings to be had.

Deeku

shanshan310 said:
Salazar, you probably already know by now but in case you don't! Girl's Generation is playing in Sydney
During exam week *raaaaaaage*
Whoa!

Not that I care. But still, whoa!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
EatChildren said:

getting you drunk some time to earn a tag.

hamchan

Yeah I know a few people who are fans of SNSD are will be hyped about them coming. Most K-Pop I can handle is the 10 minutes before Starcraft.

Salazar

hamchan said:
Yeah I know a few people who are fans of SNSD are will be hyped about them coming. Most K-Pop I can handle is the 10 minutes before Starcraft.

I hope there's a large enough crowd for the atmosphere to not suck.

AusQB

RandomVince said:
Hey AUS gaf, anyone been to meekatharra before? Anyone know what there is to do here? I have 7 weeks to fill and only one book in the ASOIAF series...
Been there a few times, but I was young and didn't remember much. My dad is a geologist so he spent a great deal of his time up in those gold mining towns and occasionally we'd go along for a few days. The first of those towns I ever remember visiting was Reedy, just south of Meekatharra. Flew in on a Piper Chieftain. A while after we took up permanent residence in Mount Magnet for two years, sometimes flying or driving to visit Perth.

Deeku

Next sydgaf meetup at snsd concert featuring salazar?

lol

I googled it and it's like a kpop festival thing right? Could be interesting I guess, but I'm in the same boat as hamchan.

roosters93 said:
My hometown - the Central Coast - is definitely rural. <_<

Central Coast represent ;)

I'm so happy, my friends dad knows Terry Hill (ex-Manly player, Lows add etc.) and he is getting us tickets for the game at Blue-tongue on Friday night, Manly vs Tigers. Last time my friend got to go to the dressing rooms after the game and meet the players... It will be sort of awkward so I'm thinking I might have to strip down as well.

giri

Sutton Dagger said:

I'm so happy, my friends dad knows Terry Hill (ex-Manly player, Lows add etc.) and he is getting us tickets for the game at Blue-tongue on Friday night, Manly vs Tigers. Last time my friend got to go to the dressing rooms after the game and meet the players... It will be sort of awkward so I'm thinking I might have to strip down as well.
Thats exactly what ill make other half naked men feel more comfortable, you getting your kit off.

Sutton Dagger said:

Sure. It's for them. To make them comfortable. Yes, that's it. Yes. For them.

;)

Salazar

Front page of the Courier Mail.

Charters Towers mayor Ben Callcott backed the use of the helicopters but said culling rather than smoke-bombing was the real solution.

"Bats are the same as dinosaurs," he said. "We have got no dinosaurs and we should not have any bats either".

Aon

codswallop said:
You know what, I like living in Australia and even more in Melbourne, but shit like this really, seriously makes me consider moving overseas.

Choc has the same effect on me, Cod :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The bloody weather kept me up literally all night. It's 7:30 and I haven't slept. :(

Edit: I keep thinking Salazar and szaromir are the same person. Every time the latter enters a Steam/Origin thread, I think to myself, "Hey, isn't that the bloke from AusGAF?"

Top Bottom