• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Salazar said:
Fuck yeah.

The moment
when you are descending in the window-washer lift and inside the window some dude pinches his secretary's ass and gets slapped.

So great. I can't bring myself to enjoy the DLC very much, though. All of the conspicuously "videogamey" shit on screen to do with objectives and points and so on.
That's just Jimmy's Vendetta. Joe's Adventure is a lot more like the original campaign.

Choc

Banned
either way the government needs to do something. What i don't know. Getting rid of NG or restricting it to one proprety only is a good start. Political suicide, but it would fix this mess. Housing is a basic necessity of life and if you can't afford it the government has a serious problem on its hands.

When NZ removed negative gearing their houses went down 30% in the space of a year because investors stopped buying and buying and buying.

Of course houses going 30% down would be very bad for AU banks because they would then have toxic assets on their books, US style.

Unfortunately those who have over borrowed might need to take some pain so houses can be purchased again.

Choc said:
Political suicide, but it would fix this mess.
And this is why they won't do it in our lifetime.

Basically, if housing remains as unaffordable as it is for the next decade, that means I'll never likely to be able to buy a house in my lifetime unless I have a big change in circumstances (significantly higher salary, move to the country and salary remains the same, etc)

Fredescu said:

Thanks for the link! I read about this in the paper yesterday morning and then forgot all about it.

Sutton Dagger said:
Central Coast represent ;)

I'm so happy, my friends dad knows Terry Hill (ex-Manly player, Lows add etc.) and he is getting us tickets for the game at Blue-tongue on Friday night, Manly vs Tigers. Last time my friend got to go to the dressing rooms after the game and meet the players... It will be sort of awkward so I'm thinking I might have to strip down as well.

Nice one! I've been a bit less interested in the footy this year as my team are going so badly. :(

Kerrby

Banned
So uh... quite an interesting tale on the train yesterday.

Sitting in the disabled seats on the train when a guy with sunglasses and her wife comes over to me and points to the disabled sign. So I kindly ask him if he would like my seat and he says "Yes please, I have a bung foot and my wife is pregnant." No problems I thought, so I'm standing next to them when she taps me on the back and asks for my name. I tell her, she says she's after baby names and that it's a maybe. Then she asks for my middle name which I proceed to tell her is 'Nathan'. "I don't like Nathan" she replied, "It reminds me of black people YA HUC HUC." To which I blurted out "h-o-okay then". "You know that black rapper Nate-Dog, Nathan reminds me of that" she said. So any way I can smell the weed off her and her husband next to her was completely smashed, he had his head down was spilling his drink everywhere. They had those elevate energy drinks but there was a strong smell of alcohol on top of that in the drinks. Someone got off the train and two kids sat down opposite them, who which she asked for the time. Kid A got out his mobile to check the time, which is what she wanted to see because she then asked to use his phone. Stupidly the kid gave his phone to her which she then used to call her dealer "Can I trade you 4 bottles of alcohol for 20 grams" she asked. When she was about to get off the train she told me how she has been pregnant 8 times and lost 2 babies, she started having babies when she was 16. When I looked at her face I noticed she had about 3 teeth, a bruise on her neck from an injection, she hadn't washed her hair in about a year and she just looked plain fucked up.

That's the shortened version of what happened, keeping in mind I was stuck on the train for an hour with them. It's amazing the contrast when you're having a conversation with someone like that.

giri

Kerrby said:
KERBY STORY
That's the shortened version of what happened, keeping in mind I was stuck on the train for an hour with them. It's amazing the contrast when you're having a conversation with someone like that.
Should've asked if she wanted number 9.

Thats freaking odd, but the kid was silly to just give up his phone like that.

Kirby102

Kerrby said:
I'm bigger than them, I aint afraid of no one.
(6foot5).
Kerby's middle name is Nathan. Hohohoho. Holy jeez you're tall o_o

...and yes I'm bored at work. Come at me. lol Just doing a data migration from one comp to another, it's taking ages to back up since they're slow as crap, though we're transferring them to their new laptops filled with Core i7s ...

Makes me wonder why these clients need such processing speeds...

Kerrby

Banned
Kirby102 said:
Kerby's middle name is Nathan. Hohohoho. Holy jeez you're tall o_o

...and yes I'm bored at work. Come at me. lol Just doing a data migration from one comp to another, it's taking ages to back up since they're slow as crap, though we're transferring them to their new laptops filled with Core i7s ...

Makes me wonder why these clients need such processing speeds...

My first name is Trent too, come at me.

Salazar

A spokesman for 2GB did not return calls yesterday but, speaking to the Mumbrella website this week, Mr Jones distinguished between being a journalist and being a broadcaster.
''Much of my stuff is opinion … I am a broadcaster, I don't pretend to be a journalist, I don't know what that means anyway - they've got a certificate or something,'' he said.
''… if those opinions lack validity, or if those opinions are extreme, or if they are overly provocative, people won't listen, I've stood the test of time.''

http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...laint-about-jones-comment-20110727-1i0bg.html

I hope you choke on your cornflakes, Jonesy.

kase23

Kerrby said:

Sitting in the disabled seats on the train when a guy with sunglasses and her wife comes over to me and points to the disabled sign. So I kindly ask him if he would like my seat and he says "Yes please, I have a bung foot and my wife is pregnant." No problems I thought, so I'm standing next to them when she taps me on the back and asks for my name. I tell her, she says she's after baby names and that it's a maybe. Then she asks for my middle name which I proceed to tell her is 'Nathan'. "I don't like Nathan" she replied, "It reminds me of black people YA HUC HUC." To which I blurted out "h-o-okay then". "You know that black rapper Nate-Dog, Nathan reminds me of that" she said. So any way I can smell the weed off her and her husband next to her was completely smashed, he had his head down was spilling his drink everywhere. They had those elevate energy drinks but there was a strong smell of alcohol on top of that in the drinks. Someone got off the train and two kids sat down opposite them, who which she asked for the time. Kid A got out his mobile to check the time, which is what she wanted to see because she then asked to use his phone. Stupidly the kid gave his phone to her which she then used to call her dealer "Can I trade you 4 bottles of alcohol for 20 grams" she asked. When she was about to get off the train she told me how she has been pregnant 8 times and lost 2 babies, she started having babies when she was 16. When I looked at her face I noticed she had about 3 teeth, a bruise on her neck from an injection, she hadn't washed her hair in about a year and she just looked plain fucked up.

Which train line was that on kerrby?
edit: contributing to stalkergaf ;)

Bernbaum

Credit card detail theft!

Went to buy some crap on my card – declined.

Checked Netbank – LOZ you have two separate transactions, one for $3k one for $1,500 made for holidays at Wotif and some dodgy place in Florida, both made in the wee hours this morning when I was dreaming sweet dreams.

Bernbaum am laugh.

Ran to Commonwealth with a printout of my banking history, and by the time I was talking to a service agent, another transaction for ~$1,500 was made. Extra LOLZ bonus points!

Everything is cancelled. I was the USA a month ago and used my card everywhere, and I still buy way too much crap online. Who’s to say where I got snatched

Each transaction was in ‘pending’ before I got to the back and cancelled the card, so I’ve gotten on top of it quickly enough. Only downside is that strippers don’t take too kindly to IOU’s’ being slipped into their garters.

jambo

Why didn't Commonwealth contact you?

When I had some issues buying stuff off of PC Case Gear the Credit Union SA Fraud Dept rang me just to make sure it was really me. I was impressed.

Kerrby

Banned
You got lucky bernabum, lets hope they catch the thiefs.

I wish .gif avatars were still allowed.

For AFLGAF:
sEA15.gif

senahorse

Choc said:
either way the government needs to do something. What i don't know. Getting rid of NG or restricting it to one proprety only is a good start. Political suicide, but it would fix this mess. Housing is a basic necessity of life and if you can't afford it the government has a serious problem on its hands.

When NZ removed negative gearing their houses went down 30% in the space of a year because investors stopped buying and buying and buying.

Of course houses going 30% down would be very bad for AU banks because they would then have toxic assets on their books, US style.

Unfortunately those who have over borrowed might need to take some pain so houses can be purchased again.

Maybe restrict negative gearing to new properties only. Don't allow it on established dwellings, this will increase the number of new houses being built while not suffocating the existing property market by having a load of them unavailable due to being investment properties. I have no idea what I am talking about so it might be a stupid idea, but then again, so is negative gearing...

legend166

Bernbaum said:
Credit card detail theft!

Went to buy some crap on my card – declined.

Checked Netbank – LOZ you have two separate transactions, one for $3k one for $1,500 made for holidays at Wotif and some dodgy place in Florida, both made in the wee hours this morning when I was dreaming sweet dreams.

Bernbaum am laugh.

Ran to Commonwealth with a printout of my banking history, and by the time I was talking to a service agent, another transaction for ~$1,500 was made. Extra LOLZ bonus points!

Everything is cancelled. I was the USA a month ago and used my card everywhere, and I still buy way too much crap online. Who’s to say where I got snatched

Each transaction was in ‘pending’ before I got to the back and cancelled the card, so I’ve gotten on top of it quickly enough. Only downside is that strippers don’t take too kindly to IOU’s’ being slipped into their garters.

Can we blame it on Sony just so we can get a funny thread on Gaming?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Just checked my credit card and there is thousands of dollars of things of there that I didn't buy.

Well that's what the bank is going to be told.

jambo

Just posted this in AFLGAF

Gosh those yanks are funny when they try to understand AFL :lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/25/andrew-walker-rugby-mark-catch_n_908861.html

Andrew Walker Mark: Australian League Football Forward Climbs Defender To Make Unreal Catch (VIDEO)

You're not going to see a catch much better than this.

The following video comes from Melbourne Australia's Carlton Australian League Football Club's match against rival Essendon on Saturday. Watch carefully, as Carlton forward Andrew Walker ignores the difference between his defender and a step-ladder to climb up for an incredible grab.

The catch is being called the "Mark Of The Year" and prompted Deadspin to suggest "eliminating offensive pass interference."

Carlton coach Bruce Ratten was certainly impressed.

"I said to him at half-time to stay on the ground a bit more because I thought he was flying at everything," Ratten said in a post-game interview. "He looked at me when he came off and said 'Is that OK?' -- I said that's OK when you do that."

Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that the Carlton rugby club was based in Auckland, New Zealand.

:lol :lol :lol

ManeKast

Kritz said:
Anyone here got a bf3 invite? Wonder if Aus is excluded.

I have tried a million times, veteran level 4 / Aus. Registered to newsletter, combined ID's and registered for Origin and still no luck.

I'm having a problem AusGAF (PC division).

Am wanting to get a htpc and have my eyes set on a hp microserver n36l, however I've done the sums and its about $320 to get it up and running nicely. Though for a little bit over double I could get gaming/htpc computer.

What should I do.

legend166 said:
Hahaha, classic. I love it when Aussie Rules stuff slips through to the American media. I remember Barry Hall's punch being on everything. PTI showed it so many times.

That is gold. They also called it Australia League Football, which doesn't make any sense either.
EDIT: I fail at quoting.

Shaneus

Go the WDTV Live. I own both that and the Astone AP-300 (basically it's equivalent) and the Live shits all over it for size and polish (though there's no room for an internal HDD in the WDTV).

Pretty sure I saw them on special for $108 at JB the other week.

Top Bottom