• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kerrby

Banned
markot said:
Selling any gba games or just those ones >.>?

Pretty sure I read they're not selling any GBA games.

- For the GBA VC games, it gets even weirder. While there is no release date for those other than within 2011, Nintendo is outright saying that they currently have NO plans to ever sell such games on the eShop. This is something specially for early adopters as a reward, and are considered "not for sale" releases.

Kerrby said:
You won't be able to get the GBA games on the eShop later, Nintendo said they won't be selling GBA games for some reason (which makes no sense).

No, they said there's no current plans, which pretty much reads like "we don't want to talk about it now". There's no way they'd put the emulator together without plans of selling the games in the future.

Kerrby

Banned
Box of Bunnies said:
No, they said there's no current plans, which pretty much reads like "we don't want to talk about it now". There's no way they'd put the emulator together without plans of selling the games in the future.

Who are you? Read my above quote.

Kerrby said:
Who are you?

Someone reading the actual press release.

Kerrby said:
Read my above quote.

Read this one, straight from the press release:

Nintendo said:
These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

"Currently has no plans" doesn't mean "we're never, ever going to sell these".

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
pieatorium said:
Just keep complaining, took me a month to get telstra to come check my line because of continued drop outs, they eventually sent a tech and it took him 5 minutes to replace some random thing that was broken.

edit: 250 for 3DS is still bullshit

it's hard to complain when you only have a prepaid mobile >_>

midonnay

HolyCheck said:

because of the natural of international capacity, there is usually a limit to how much you fast you can download using a single thread.

to be sure of your "real" speed, you should use a download program able to do multiple threads to max out your connection rather than just speedtest

jdownloader, IDM (internet download manager) etc

eg: with speed test, the best result I've ever got is maybe 4 or 5mbps....

but using multiple threads I'm able to get up to 20mbps... big difference.

however if you're still getting around 1mbps, there you know for sure there is something wrong.

if it is a line problem (happened to me in another house, telstra fixed my neighbours phone and fucked up mine >_<)....

nothing much Internode can do except bitch to Telstra and pray that they do something about it.

A good ISP will call you back if you demand it. A bad one will promise to and never do it.

Just watched a video of Cyanogenmod on a Galaxy S 2. Looks damned fast. If I had the money right now I'd be ordering one instead of talking about it here.

midonnay said:
because of the natural of international capacity, there is usually a limit to how much you fast you can download using a single thread.
Or you could try http://www.ozspeedtest.com/ to get more indicative line speeds as opposed to your ISP's overseas link speed.

And if you want to download at full speed, download a Windows Service Pack. Akamai can deliver it easily.

midonnay

oh, better than expected

wireless mofos

1406046509.png

ironically better than my old DSL connection (2.5mbps)

vivid is the bomb if you are near an uncongested tower

fuck

I swear it wasn't always that low.

ozspeedtest said:
Test run on 28/07/2011 @ 11:10 PM

Mirror: Telstra Bigpond
Data: 9 MB
Test Time: 28.16 secs

Your line speed is 2.68 Mbps (2684 kbps).
Your download speed is 335 KB/s (0.33 MB/s).

:/

Feels good paying for ADSL2+ and getting ADSL speeds. <_<

AusQB

Does anyone remember Corn Pops? They were my favourite cereal before they mysteriously disappeared about eight years ago, give or take a couple.

When I was in the US earlier this year, I bought a box but got this:

yUvDb.jpg

The Australian Corn Pops looked like this:

mSu9v.jpg

The latter tasted much better.

Has anyone seen them around recently? I'd just like to know that they exist.

Ydahs

Wow at this phone. I've been using it for hours and still don't know what to do with it!

What are the best Android widgets GAF? Also, does GPS rely on 3G? I don't want to blow out my first bill.. Disabling WiFi/3G suggests it does :(

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So EatChildren, you reckon a Blades of Xeno type release date tomorrow then ey?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
So EatChildren, you reckon a Blades of Xeno type release date tomorrow then ey?

It was scheduled for today, but I'm guessing this price drop announcement put a hold on that. Tomorrow hopefully. Heather did say the PR was all ready to go.

VOOK

EatChildren said:
It was scheduled for today, but I'm guessing this price drop announcement put a hold on that. Tomorrow hopefully. Heather did say the PR was all ready to go.

Swish, I been waiting weeks for the confirmation of the date ._.

We're playing it next week, wish I could have travelled to play it.

Madrical

Banned

Jelly of those with 10+. I still can't believe the US & such get quota free internet. I'd need another 2 hard drives with all the TV shows and movies I'd have.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
Swish, I been waiting weeks for the confirmation of the date ._.

We're playing it next week, wish I could have travelled to play it.

We didn't actually get any hands-on time unfortunately, just a live demo, but I can see why. Its such a big game, pretty much impossible to take in with one sitting. Jamie was loading seperate files to show us bits and pieces of the game.

VOOK

EatChildren said:
We didn't actually get any hands-on time unfortunately, just a live demo, but I can see why. Its such a big game, pretty much impossible to take in with one sitting. Jamie was loading seperate files to show us bits and pieces of the game.

Ahhh still good I guess, I'm sure a lot of people have heard about it because of the mess about the game - but no one really knows what it's about.

Salazar

Salacious Crumb said:
30km west of Launceston in A tiny little town called Westbury. It's pretty shite but it's better than living in Launceston.

Ah.

Launceston wasn't horrific. Just cold and tedious. Strahan really sucked, though. It was really, really cold and tedious.

AusQB

Nemesis556 said:
I was under the impression SpeedTest.Net isn't really accurate / reliable?
It is accurate enough from my experience, but the results vary greatly depending on the server you choose.

midonnay

Nemesis556 said:
I was under the impression SpeedTest.Net isn't really accurate / reliable?

they all have limitations imo....

here is my oz speed test result

Mirror: Optus
Data: 15 MB
Test Time: 26.57 secs

Your line speed is 4.72 Mbps (4717 kbps).
Your download speed is 590 KB/s (0.58 MB/s).

here is my download speed on jdownloader using 4 threads on something located in the US

87P7x.png

thats a Mb not an mb :)

midonnay

waits for gaffer on a gigabit NBN connection to appear from the wild....

think it goes up to 1000mbps/400mbps but probably too expensive outside of test sites.

legend166 said:
Person on salary worth several hundred thousand dollars has to pay for own boots, world cries: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...r-despite-onfield-revival-20110728-1i2ff.html

NRL players are peasants compared to the other codes though....

they probably need that shoe money to make payments on the mortgage :(

If I shared my home Internet connection, it'd probably look like Omi's on a good day.

Edit: Actually, I'll just RDP home now and see for myself.

Edit 2: Today's not such a good day:
1406901556.png

Clipper

I don't know why mine picked Canberra rather than Sydney, but:
1406904228.png

This is my home connection.

Ah, changing server to Sydney didn't really do much:
1406906756.png

Top Bottom