• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
Yeah I just saw that in the F1 thread Choc, good and bad could come of this.

On the one side, BBCs coverage is fucking awesome so it would suck if Sky's wasn't as good.

On the flip side, F1s being on Foxtel in HD would be awesome and Sky's coverage could turn out to be great.

one thing that may come out of it for Australians with Foxtel is Press Red.

In the UK they have it, you press red and you can bring up stats and all sorts of highlights etc from the race as its live

On sky i imagine you will be able to follow 1 car the whole race if you want.

Choc

Banned
Shaneus said:
It's in HD on One. What would the difference be?

Sky broadcasts @ 1080p in the UK i think which means that Foxtel HD would get that

I believe that ONE HD is broadcasting F1 @ 720

All i know is when i saw F1 in the UK it fucking SHAT on what we see on ONE HD.

Choc

Banned
Also

LOL

The undaunted Tim Langdell has claimed a High Court ruling dismissing his trademark claims against Future was riddled with errors.

commanderdeek said:
looks like all doom and gloom for Nintendo. Shares down 20%.?
Definitely a big jump, but if you go back to 2008 their shares have been steadily going down. However they're about at the same level they were in 2001/2002. Things could be worse but I think they've underestimated not only the "casual" market with the 3DS but the "hardcore" market with the Wii U (if developers suggesting DS ports are anything to go by, at least).

Plenty of time to get the Wii U in shape before release, and this could just be a hiccup with the 3DS if everyone gets everything right from here on in.

jambo

Also I don't have free 2 air tv at home, so F1s on Foxtel would mean I could finally watch them live in HD on the couch!

Dead Man

Choc said:
F1 AUS GAF

The BBC and Sky Sports will broadcast Formula 1 in the UK between 2012 and 2018 under a new rights deal.
The BBC has been the exclusive broadcaster of F1 in the UK since 2009 but its contract with Formula One Management was due to expire after the 2013 season.
Sky Sports will show every race, qualifying session and practice live.
BBC Sport will broadcast half the races live, as well as the qualifying and practice sessions from those races.

does this mean for the Non Live we get shitty AU commentary or does Brundle and Coulthard do the sky feed as well and we can take that?

Also this opens up F1 to being on foxtel through sky (same company)
I think Ten have it pretty locked down for Australian broadcast rights. As for commentary, I hope we don't get those two monkeys on non BBC races.

Choc

Banned
Dead Man said:
I think Ten have it pretty locked down for Australian broadcast rights. As for commentary, I hope we don't get those two monkeys on non BBC races.

yeah but F1 is on the siphon list sure, but now that Sky has it, Foxtel can get it quite easily

Foxtel is allowed to have it, just not exclusively

Will be interesting. Given Murdochs perchant for fucking ONE up right now, he might put F1 back on Ten

However F1 is ONE's highest rating show by a long long way, so possibly not

Dead Man

Choc said:
yeah but F1 is on the siphon list sure, but now that Sky has it, Foxtel can get it quite easily

Foxtel is allowed to have it, just not exclusively

Will be interesting. Given Murdochs perchant for fucking ONE up right now, he might put F1 back on Ten

However F1 is ONE's highest rating show by a long long way, so possibly not
Ah, I always forget that.

Deeku

Clipper said:
Yeah, I know. I was admitting my error in that post, perhaps ambiguously.
lol choc had to make sure you were wrong by giving 3 links;p

It's going to be interesting to see how Nintendo reacts to this in the next year or so. Maybe they won't be so confident when they start estimating demand for Wii U.

Gazunta

I'm pretty sure I've never been banned here. I think even during the great war on Australian users I was still able to log in just fine.

Today's been a good day.

Edit: still not buying a 3DS until they release all their games at iOS prices. Even the VC ones.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
ban stories... hmm i've gotten banned a handful of times. i can't remember the specific circumstances of each one, but i do remember that some were justified and some were not. sometimes i'm a dick, sometimes a mod is a dick. nobody is perfect. *shrug*

Gazunta said:
I'm pretty sure I've never been banned here. I think even during the great war on Australian users I was still able to log in just fine.

What's this?

I've never been banned, but I'm one of those people who type out a long-winded bitter/angry post but then delete it lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
roosters93 said:
What's this?

I've never been banned, but I'm one of those people who type out a long-winded bitter/angry post but then delete it lol

come boy, take a seat.

*puts a log on the camp fire, pulls out his guitar and starts a song*

HolyCheck said:
come boy, take a seat.

*puts a log on the camp fire, pulls out his guitar and starts a song*
TotakekeACCropped.png

r1chard

Choc said:
Oh yes. Yes it is.

My only gripe is it only has parts that are currently sold by Lego. Some older parts are easily available from bricklink, but there appears to be no way to get them into LDD.

You know what I hate? This kinda bait-n-switch:

http://www.techrific.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=1370&cPath=183#myshopping

"Acer Iconia Tab A500 32GB Android Smart Tablet (PREMIUM PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYS) AU$474.00 (FREE SHIPPING anywhere in Australia)"

... and down the bottom of the page is where you discover that to get FREE SHIPPING you have to pay $80.

Gazunta

Whoops thanks Choc. Seeing new PMs is tricky on the mobile site...also tricky with Live NeoGaf installed and never refreshing the page :p

The story goes that one day many years ago a silly NeoGAF Mod from Australia changed every thread on the first page of Gaming to be about Nintendogs. The country was then banned! Banned I tells you! Except for me and a few others I guess? So what an EPIC TALE.

Anyway, back to work :)

trinest

Gazunta said:
Whoops thanks Choc. Seeing new PMs is tricky on the mobile site...also tricky with Live NeoGaf installed and never refreshing the page :p

The story goes that one day many years ago a silly NeoGAF Mod from Australia changed every thread on the first page of Gaming to be about Nintendogs. The country was then banned! Banned I tells you! Except for me and a few others I guess? So what an EPIC TALE.

Anyway, back to work :)
Wow really thats what happend? I keep hearing different stories about the great Australian purge.

legend166

It's definitely funnier in comic form than it was in text form in Steam chat.

Anyway, just bought Civ 5 for $12 from greenmangaming.

FAREWELL, LIFE.

Kritz

Banned
legend166 said:
It's definitely funnier in comic form than it was in text form in Steam chat.

Kritz:
"one day I want to dress up in those west asian lady covering sheets and go into an airport and try to catch a flight somewhere. See if I get scanned. If they request for me to reveal my face, I'll be all, I can't due to my religion. But if they press the issue, I'll take it off and show off my sweet, sweet hitler mustache. Because I also one day want to shave my mustache to be a hitler mustache and just keep it like that for a month or two
>_>
like, bringin' the hitler back."

Rahk:
"where do yo... what... wh..
just make a comic about it"

Kritz:
"I could probably make a fuckin' short film about it.
THE MAN WHAT DRESSED LIKE A LADY MUSLIM WHO HAD ALSO A HITLER MUSTACHE
... TMWDLALMWHAAHM"

Rahk:
"i'd watch that"

Axiom

The great Australian purge is what made me nervous about posting in the AusGAF thread for ages.

They wanted the names of all of us, I figured even Dragona would not save me :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So maybe I've been watching too much Game of Thrones, but have you guys not considered rebelling and taking the head of the king?

Maybe we could construct a wall.

Frawdder

EatChildren said:
So maybe I've been watching too much Game of Thrones, but have you guys not considered rebelling and taking the head of the king?

Maybe we could construct a wall.
Well, we already have Bass Strait to guard us from the wildlings.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Gazunta said:
that's not entirely correct. back then i don't think there were any australian mods. it was just a normal aussie poster called Grubdog who managed guess or somehow discover the password of one of the mods/admin. He then logged into their account and caused havoc for a little while before people like Evilore caught onto what was happening, disabled both accounts and started cleaning up the mess.

As a precautionary measure ALL account applications originating from Australia were rejected for a while.

I think it was shortly before or after those events that I did those aussie rollcall threads to pull the community back together in some small way (I had noticed a few hints of aussies posting around GAF). Ultimately it seems to have worked since it indirectly resulted in these AusGAF threads.

jambo

One of the reasons that I started posting after my account got activated instead of just continuing to lurk was the AusGAF thread.

I originally got an account because the Editor of one of the sites I was working for told me about how NeoGAF produced a lot of news and industry leaks and when I had a look through the Gaming section I was blown away by how much shit was going on. Some of the mega threads just blew my mind.

Prior to NeoGAF, most of the forums I posted on only had a few hundred active members at most and here was a site with 6000+ active users.

It was a little daunting when my account was first activated, but the AusGAF thread was a nice place to hide away whilst I double checked all of the FAQs and started taking my first baby steps.

Top Bottom