• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
speaking of things that are culturally strange, I dont know how many of you have done this

but when you meet some one from overseas, meationdrive through bottleshops, when i was in the UK the idea of them really freaked people out

snoopen

does anyone know much about banana pricing / seasonality?

they're delicious and extremely nutritional/beneficial to my working out/muscle growth, i've been buying them at $14/kg and know they have been cheaper in the past, with the floods and natural disasters all over, will they be down in price in summer?

ps fuck coles/woolworths, their homebrand products are awful and those giant hands are so moronic.

Gazunta

Someone inMelbourne send Holy a pizza!

Also let's quickly fill up our 20,000 posts by posting lots of one line comments of no consequence

Salazar said:

Fucking Fred Nile. This was the problem with the last state election, people voted for the Liberal's in droves to get Labor the fuck out (and rightfully so) but people didnt think about the implications of voting for them in such a landslide and now we have the Shooters and Christian Democrats holding the balance of fucking power. Ugh. This is going to be the first of many socially conservative bullshit decisions.

HolyCheck

no its ok thanks guys, $240 later one of my orders went through and ill be eating it soon.

but wtf is it with the delivery guys? ive ordered twice before and they come to my apartment gate, ring the buzzer, i pick up and say hi, please come on down
and they just dont? they just fucking stand there after i open th gate for them and wait for me to go to them

Dude that sucks.

I can't believe Internode haven't called you back yet. They take a while to call me back but they've always done the same day for me. I think the longest it's taken has been about four hours? Maybe it wasn't even that long.

Shit I hope I don't have to go through that when I move.

God I wish my Xbox hadn't carked it. There is nothing on tele and I can't watch anything from my computer without it.

I thought I'd sit down and have a nice read of the weekend australian...

Alas, it was not be be.

Jim Wallace said:
At the standing committee of States and Commonwealth Attorneys-General meeting last December, the topic was whether there should be an R18+ rating for games, which would clearly permit a higher level of violence. I was invited as an expert witness.

These two sentences combined made me laugh so much, and then want to punch him in the face. Dude has no clue what he's on about.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

midonnay said:
fixed

in more civilized countries, you can get KFC home delivered. Why waste thirty bucks on bread with ham and cheese on top >_>
KFC doesn't last the drive home. I can only imagine what horrors await you when you get it delivered.

Also, it has been intimated to me by people in the know, that sometimes removalists will doublebook people for the morning time and just turn up after they've finished the first job. What are you going? Find another removalist? No, you'll wait until we get there.

Sorry to hear about your day, Holycheck. Waiting for businesses is the worst; you put your whole life on hold for them, and they never have the decency to inform you of delays and lie and rebook and not make it again and then lie and then rebook...

Salazar

shanshan310 said:
These two sentences combined made me laugh so much, and then want to punch him in the face. Dude has no clue what he's on about.

When lawmakers respond more to the Twittertariat, with their usually anonymous ranting, than to evidence, all public policy suffers.

Has he so swiftly forgotten making a total dick of himself on Twitter ?

After World War II it was noted that despite the scale of the human tragedy, for all the bullets fired there were relatively few people killed. Studies revealed this aversion to killing had led many to fire into the air, or "aim off".

I submit that terror was a profoundly more significant causal factor than moral queasiness for the bullets to death ratio. So much more significant, in fact, as to make this observation garbage, Jim. If your legitimacy as a public figure is derived principally from the idea that you "know your stuff about military shit", then you shouldn't write such filthy, false bilge.

shanshan310 said:
I thought I'd sit down and have a nice read of the weekend australian...

Alas, it was not be be.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

The scene was from Modern Warfare 2. It was a domestic airport, and the players simply walked into it and visited cruel mayhem on otherwise peaceful and innocent people. The similarities in that scenario with last weekend's tragedy will concern any reasonable person.

Seriously? Seriously? Fuck you Australia. I have played thousands of hours of video games, and have killed no one. If someone is deranged enough to murder children, I doubt not playing MW2 is going to change that

I love that he thinks FPS's give people "weapons handling experience". Because holding a controller while playing a game with auto aim is exactly the same as shooting an actual gun.

EDIT: I can't really remember, but wasn't the point of No Russian to be confronting? You didn't even shoot! You were watching terrorists shoot! I bet the clip he showed the board was taken out of context...

shanshan310 said:
I love that he thinks FPS's give people "weapons handling experience". Because holding a controller while playing a game with auto aim is exactly the same as shooting an actual gun.

EDIT: I can't really remember, but wasn't the point of No Russian to be confronting? You didn't even shoot! You were watching terrorists shoot! I bet the clip he showed the board was taken out of context...

Of course it was. Also this calmed me down a bit

Jim Wallace is managing director of the Australian Christian Lobby and a former SAS commander.

He's hardly an independent observer in this one

HolyCheck

i thought i posted here that my soda had arrived + pizza but it seems ididnt

it did now im full

most filling $240 pizza ever

midonnay

Planet_JASE said:
Also, it has been intimated to me by people in the know, that sometimes removalists will doublebook people for the morning time and just turn up after they've finished the first job. What are you going? Find another removalist? No, you'll wait until we get there.

yeah, I figured thats what was happening in the end.....

but what really pisses me off is like what happened to Holycheck... they'll say "oh its 30 minutes away", "they're on the highway" and on and on for four hours while I'm sitting in the front lobby of the apartment building with all my worldy possesions on display for all the stickybeaks >_<

they could at least say they'll be there in a few hours so I can do something else besides waiting goddamnit.

Salazar

shanshan310 said:
ha! I always do ;) When the choice is that or the courier mail I know which I prefer... If you know of a better paper let me know.

:(

Well, I'm the fool. I just bashed out a letter to the editor.

I think it is sufficiently civil to print.

shanshan310 said:
ha! I always do ;) When the choice is that or the courier mail I know which I prefer... If you know of a better paper let me know.
That's an easy question, SMH is the bomb.

I actually quite like the Courier, definitely prefer it to the Australian. Although that could just be the guaranteed 5 pages of Broncos coverage, even in the depths of summer

midonnay

snoopen said:

its been a long time coming....

alot of people that do deserve the pension....but its just not sustainable to support the explosion of mostly young people with mental illness with what will probably be a lifetime on welfare.

This is true, but the website is filth.

why the fuck do they insist on auto-playing videos?

if news limited sites didn't crash Opera, I'd be in murdoch's tit exclusively.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I'm back from my honeymoon. What have I missed over the past month or so?

You got married? Maybe i missed though, Although there was the bachelor party so maybe that should have given it away.

Congrats Squirrel. How was the honeymoon?!

Honeymoon was great! Thailand is a beautiful place and we did several unbelievable things. Phuket was an eye opener in terms of its bogan-to-civilised-Aussie ratio, though.

There were times I wanted a t-shirt that read "Aussies traveling abroad : stop embarrassing me!"

(Seriously though - what have I missed over the past month or so in terms of GAF/gaming news?)

markot

Banned
Honeymoon was great! Thailand is a beautiful place and we did several unbelievable things. Phuket was an eye opener in terms of its bogan-to-civilised-Aussie ratio, though.

There were times I wanted a t-shirt that read "Aussies traveling abroad : stop embarrassing me!"

(Seriously though - what have I missed over the past month or so in terms of GAF/gaming news?)
3ds price drop...

Um, missed the steam summer sale!

Thats about it >.<

Frawdder

R18 for games in Australia

HolyCheck

nintendo announces poor sales, shares drop by 20% in like one day, iwata takes a 50% paycut

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Everyone is dead and this is hell.

Nemesis_

midonnay said:
fixed

in more civilized countries, you can get KFC home delivered. Why waste thirty bucks on bread with ham and cheese on top >_>

This is so true, I just thought about it, Pizza is ridiculously overpriced. And it's never good.

Salazar

Nemesis556 said:
This is so true, I just thought about it, Pizza is ridiculously overpriced. And it's never good.

Except when in good company, watching either an action film or sport, and either already drunk or well on your way.

At that point, it could be argued that the box it comes in would taste splendid, but pizza seems to really work in that situation.

It is, however, no fish and chips. Probably my ultimate take-out option.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'll take near anything over KFC, even while drunk, but I guess that is a product of living close to pizza, indian, fish and chip joints, and supermarkets, open to all hours of the evening.

Salazar

EatChildren said:
I'll take near anything over KFC, even while drunk, but I guess that is a product of living close to pizza, indian, fish and chip joints, and supermarkets, open to all hours of the evening.

And yet you maintain that we are in hell.

EatChildren

Salazar said:
And yet you maintain that we are in hell.

Eddie McGuire is still on TV and the ACL still hold sway. We're in hell, and it burns. It just also happens to taste pretty good.

Gazunta

From Dust is pretty damn great. Be warned that if you're playing on a 37" inch TV running at 720p you will need to be sitting pretty damn close to the screen to be comfortable.

Just sayin'.

...I need a bigger TV.

Dead Man

roosters93 said:
Just finished The Shield. Dayum.
Right? Shit got crazy.

Oh. Well that sucks.

So... How deep was the 3DS price cut? Are Nintendo gonna do anything to make up to early adopters like myself who might feel ripped off?
Bloody early adopters crying still... ;) Nintendo will give you 20 games.

EatChildren

So... How deep was the 3DS price cut? Are Nintendo gonna do anything to make up to early adopters like myself who might feel ripped off?

RRP$350 to RRP$250. Early adopters who have connected to the eShop (or do so before August 12 I think) will recieve 20 free games. 10 of those will be NES VC games, the other 10 GBA VC games. The former are due in September, the latter sometime next year.

Top Bottom