• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
AAMI Park is a bit of alright.

Choc

Banned
might be going on this.....

FFA-FA REFEREE EXCHANGE PROGRAM 2011

• 18 nights accommodation
• All costs covered
• Business class flights out of Sydney
• Insurance
• Tickets to games in EPL and Championship
• Referee minimum 3 games in the English Conference
• Visit to Wembley Stadium
• Guided tour of Anfield, Liverpool FC
• Training/seminars/discussions with English Premier League Referees Co-ordinators, referees assessors
• Meet former Football League Referee
• Seminar and training with current EPL referee

jambo

Shaneus said:
Damnit, help me, AusGAF. I can't get the theme from Jones in the Fast Lane out of my head and it's driving me nuts!

This is the song that never ends,
It just goes on and on, my friends.
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was,
And now they can't stop singing it forever just because

http://icloud.com for those of you on iOS5 like moi.

My calendars don't show up because I use Gmail exchange, I guess I could use iCloud instead now huh. I wonder what the time between making an event on my phone and it appearing on my iPad is. (Using exchange it's pretty quick)

Choc

Banned
was just trying it out roosters, its pretty f'ing cool for calendar sync.

other than that, hrm not sure yet :)

edit: timing depends on if you have 'PUSH' turned on. If you do, its pretty much straight away.

Choc said:
was just trying it out roosters, its pretty f'ing cool for calendar sync.
Also stolen from Google. I wonder whether Google's sitting back just waiting to sue Apple or if they genuinely don't care.

It's not like Google can sue Apple's hardware partners like Apple's doing with Samsung and HTC.

Choc

Banned
Tablet wars: Apple seeks to destroy rival Galaxy
Asher Moses
August 2, 2011 - 11:31AM
Be the first to comment

An iPad 2 rip-off? The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Photo: Supplied
iPhone 5 and 4S rumours: September or October launch?
Android conquers 50% of global smartphone market
Apple Australia is demanding Samsung send it its entire stock of Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablets to be destroyed as part of a legal battle that could soon extend to Samsung's smartphone range.

The Galaxy Tab 10.1's Australian launch was set for this month but Samsung has agreed to halt sales and advertising for the product following action by Apple in the Federal Court yesterday.

Advertisement: Story continues below

Apple CEO Steve Jobs presents the iPad 2, which Apple claims has been copied by competitors.
A prominent patent lawyers says Samsung's agreement indicates Apple has a case. But whether dump trucks laden with Samsung tablets will be hauling thousands of units to Apple HQ for destruction will have to be determined by the court, which will next hear the case at the end of this month.

Apple has $US76 billion in cash and is using this immense war chest to sue many of the competitors who are using Google's Android platform to challenge the iPad and iPhone's dominance.

Samsung and Apple are at each other's throats in both smartphones and tablets, with the former's Galaxy S II smartphone and Galaxy Tab tablet regarded by critics as being on par or superior to Apple's offerings.

The Samsung Galaxy S II is giving the iPhone 4 a run for its money but is it too similar to Apple's offering?
Recently it was revealed that Apple and Samsung have surpassed Nokia in global smartphone sales and the competition between the two is so heated that Apple and Samsung are now suing each other in no less than nine countries.

"It's no coincidence that Samsung's latest products look a lot like the iPhone and iPad, from the shape of the hardware to the user interface and even the packaging," an Apple Australia spokeswoman said today.

"This kind of blatant copying is wrong, and we need to protect Apple's intellectual property when companies steal our ideas."

The iPhone 4.
The suit is laced with irony as Apple is one of Samsung's biggest customers, with the latter manufacturing flash memory for Apple and the iPad's A5 processor.

Apple is also targeting other makers of Google Android smartphones including HTC. The US International Trade Commission recently ruled that HTC infringed on two of Apple's patents. HTC has indicated it will appeal the case, which could see it prevented from selling phones in the US, and has since filed its own lawsuit against Apple in Britain.

Apple is also seeking to prevent HTC from selling its new Flyer tablet and has filed other cases against Motorola over separate alleged patent infringements. Just last month Apple settled a similar lawsuit against Nokia.

Globally, Apple's products face significant threats from Google Android competitors, with recent figures from Canalys revealing Android has taken 50 per cent of the global smartphone market, compared to 19 per cent for the iPhone. However, in tablets Apple is still by far the dominant player.

In the Federal Court yesterday, Apple accused Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 of infringing 10 of its patents including the "look and feel" and touchscreen technology of the iPad, Steven Burley, a lawyer for Apple, told Federal Court Justice Annabelle Bennett.

Apple sought an Australian injunction and also wants to stop Samsung from selling the tablet in other countries, Burley said without specifying where.

Samsung agreed to stop advertising the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia and not to sell the device until it wins court approval or the lawsuit is resolved, according to an accord reached by lawyers during a break in the hearing.

In a Federal Court filing obtained by Fairfax Media, Apple accuses Samsung of misleading and deceptive conduct and demands damages. It accuses Samsung of misleading consumers by making representations that the Galaxy Tab 10.1:

- is the iPad 2

- is a version of the iPad 2

- has the same performance characteristics as the iPad 2

- is manufactured/supplied by Apple

- is licensed, sponsored, approved by or otherwise associated with Apple

- is of the same quality and standard as the iPad

since when is telling consumers your product is as good as the competition against the law? what the fuck? and since when did Samsung say they are apple AND since when did they say its a version of the ipad 2

AND

since when its it against the law to make quality product as good as your competitors.

This is fucking bananas.

hamchan said:
Hey dudes we should play DotA 2, make a team and win $$$s.
we would actually have to be good, much easier to farm items in diablo 3 and auction them off.

edit: I was sure this was an edit of my previous post

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For some reason I've recently become a very light sleeper and have, for the past week or so, been waking up at ~6AM regardless of when I actually fall asleep (today, for example, it was 3AM).

Look, body, it's great that you're back in Uni mode, but none of my classes are that early.

Aon

Uni libraries only stocking a single copy of a particular ebook that is loaned out in 24 hour installments has to be the one of the stupidest relics from a pre digital world that can exist.

I mean seriously.

Megadrive said:
If its satire it's not funny.

And they got a grant of nearly $2mil from the Federal Government. I'd say real

In this latest round of funding, the grants range from $50,000 to $1,984,652, awarded to Queensland-based business Euclideon for a new 3D computer graphics technology.
http://www.startupsmart.com.au/growth/2011-03-07/government-grants-pump-$2-million-into-new-inventions.html

Gazunta

The 45 day art challenge is really being run on a time table that doesn't work for me. I have two unfinished comics I'd love to complete during this lunch break but without the second assignment being posted I can't do it.

Oh well.

roosters93 said:
http://icloud.com for those of you on iOS5 like moi.

My calendars don't show up because I use Gmail exchange, I guess I could use iCloud instead now huh. I wonder what the time between making an event on my phone and it appearing on my iPad is. (Using exchange it's pretty quick)

I'm not really up to speed on iOS developments. Can you explain in layman's terms what iOS5 will do for me, I currently have an iPhone 4 :)

midonnay

Salazar said:
It's not just the voice. It's the whole "more like lolygons, amirite" angle.

its like lulzsec went into games development hehehe.... tickles my funny bone but I guess its not for everyone.

although hes the CEO who just got two million bucks from us >_>

Jintor

Gazunta said:
The 45 day art challenge is really being run on a time table that doesn't work for me. I have two unfinished comics I'd love to complete during this lunch break but without the second assignment being posted I can't do it.

Oh well.

Gaz, give up the idea of combining the stuff, and just do the assignments seperately.

Choc

Banned
Sutton Dagger said:
I'm not really up to speed on iOS developments. Can you explain in layman's terms what iOS5 will do for me, I currently have an iPhone 4 :)

all you need to know is that its fucking great, and is a big ripoff of android features that people love.

:)

Choc said:
all you need to know is that its fucking great, and is a big ripoff of android features that people love.

:)

LOL Jambo

So we are getting the iCloud features in Aus when iOS5 launches? It does wireless synching right? I'm sick of hooking up my iPhone...

Sutton Dagger said:
So we are getting the iCloud features in Aus when iOS5 launches? It does wireless synching right? I'm sick of hooking up my iPhone...

Yes and yes. Except we don't get the iTunes match feature. (US only initially, I'm pessimistic about Aus' chances of getting it)

Mush said:
Does anyone round here play BC2?

on the 360? :(

I just bought it the other week. It's pretty fun.

on the 360

Top Bottom