• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Rahk

viciouskillersquirrel said:
War of the Roses, eh? I'm a bit of a history nut, so I'll look into it (once I've cleared my backlog - I've finally finished The Count of Monte Cristo and apparently have the whole of ASOIAF ahead of me).
Great book.

And listen to your wife. Your roles should be reversed. I don't imagine it's a series that many women would give a fair chance or enjoy.

The Count is great.

Count.jpg

For real though. :)

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Well if you dont want one and it works I would be interested in buying one.
Yeah, definitely. Both are Billion and the most recent one I only stopped using because I needed something with a WAN port for my cable modem. Everything's all in the box as new as the router itself used all the same cables as the first one.

Not trying the hard sell, but I've never had a single problem with Billion modems/routers in the slightest. The latest one with the WAN port is... surprise... a Billion as well.

Fake edit: Here 'tis.

Kirby102

So, I was at Capitol last night (NSWer's) and to my surprise, I saw this:

3yxLO.jpg

It blew my mind, then when I played it, it wasn't as good... as it was Chinese. :( </3

Shaneus said:
Yeah, definitely. Both are Billion and the most recent one I only stopped using because I needed something with a WAN port for my cable modem. Everything's all in the box as new as the router itself used all the same cables as the first one.

Not trying the hard sell, but I've never had a single problem with Billion modems/routers in the slightest. The latest one with the WAN port is... surprise... a Billion as well.

Fake edit: Here 'tis.
Send me pm letting me know how much you want for it as I will need a modem before I can get the net running here.

So the Skyrim CE is 50 bucks more than tw2 CE was. Might have cancel my ebgames order and just import the pc version super cheap.

Also Bethesda sicking the lawyers onto Notch because his next game is called Scrolls is weak sauce. Also me3 MP confirmed, hope it isnt garbage and leads to a 5 hour SP campaign

Rahk

Kirby102 said:
So, I was at Capitol last night (NSWer's) and to my surprise, I saw this:

3yxLO.jpg

It blew my mind, then when I played it, it wasn't as good... as it was Chinese. :( </3
Is that a Jubeat rip off?

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
So the Skyrim CE is 50 bucks more than tw2 CE was. Might have cancel my ebgames order and just import the pc version super cheap.

Also Bethesda sicking the lawyers onto Notch because his next game is called Scrolls is weak sauce. Also me3 MP confirmed, hope it isnt garbage and leads to a 5 hour SP campaign

$200 AUD is fucking ridiculous.

Kritz

Banned
reptilescorpio said:

There isn't even a Mirror's Edge 2 yet! D:

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
DICE have 7 more yearly iterations of battlefield to pump ou before thay will be allowed to do another mirrors edge (tm) :(
Fuck you, they're working for me on a spiritual successor to Rallisport Challenge 2 before moving onto another Mirror's Edge (tm)!

Fredescu

Remember how I said I thought the the D3 always online stuff was mostly arrogance?

“I’m actually kind of surprised in terms of there even being a question in today’s age around online play and the requirement around that.” He went on to explain that anti-piracy concerns did not factor into the decision: “”Internally I don’t think [DRM] ever actually came up when we talked about how we want connections to operate. Things that came up were always around the feature-set, the sanctity of the actual game systems like your characters. You’re guaranteeing that there are no hacks, no dupes. All of these things were points of discussion, but the whole copy protection, piracy thing, that’s not really entering into why we want to do it.”

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/05/blizzard-vp-surprised-by-diablo-iii-reaction/

Pretty much what I thought. To them, it's about the "sanctity of the game." ie you'll play it our way or not at all.

Salazar

jambo said:
I am so fucking over special editions, $200 is hilarious.

Wait till the guy at EB walks out back to "check if we have any copies" and comes back with the $200 one and a hopeful expression.

Rahk

Oh yeah, it's my birthday or whatever.

pbfbirthdaydeathcomic.jpg

Kirby102 said:
Very. lol even the note markers are retarded.

This makes me very sad, I'll just stick to my iPad one :3
Oh, there's an iPad version? Appears to also be an iPhone version. I'm there!

Fredescu said:
Remember how I said I thought the the D3 always online stuff was mostly arrogance?

“I’m actually kind of surprised in terms of there even being a question in today’s age around online play and the requirement around that.” He went on to explain that anti-piracy concerns did not factor into the decision: “”Internally I don’t think [DRM] ever actually came up when we talked about how we want connections to operate. Things that came up were always around the feature-set, the sanctity of the actual game systems like your characters. You’re guaranteeing that there are no hacks, no dupes. All of these things were points of discussion, but the whole copy protection, piracy thing, that’s not really entering into why we want to do it.”

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/05/blizzard-vp-surprised-by-diablo-iii-reaction/

Pretty much what I thought. To them, it's about the "sanctity of the game." ie you'll play it our way or not at all.
Considering the auction house, I'm not surprised about it being online only. I guess they could have at least separated online and offline play. It doesn't really bother me though because I'll only play it co-op.

Shaneus said:
Fuck you, they're working for me on a spiritual successor to Rallisport Challenge 2 before moving onto another Mirror's Edge (tm)!
Lol nope. EA have them deep into a 5 month dev cycle for Need For Speed: Afghanistan buddy. Enjoy the next logical step in vehicular combat slash counter terrorism. Patriot style.

roosters93 said:
Rallisport Challenge was a great game! Didn't play 2 though.
RC1 was the bomb.

This is what's shitting me about Microsoft at the moment though. They've got so many good franchises (I assume they own it, MGS published it) but they aren't doing anything with anything except Halo, Gears and Fable.
All I want is some Project Gotham, is that so much to ask?

FallbackPants said:
RC1 was the bomb.

This is what's shitting me about Microsoft at the moment though. They've got so many good franchises (I assume they own it, MGS published it) but they aren't doing anything with anything except Halo, Gears and Fable.
All I want is some Project Gotham, is that so much to ask?
And I want Rise of Nations 2 but we sure ss dhit arent getting what we want any time soon. So many incredible PC franchises just laying dormant. Same with EA. At least we are getting a new XCOM I guess...

Shaneus

roosters93 said:
Rallisport Challenge was a great game! Didn't play 2 though.
Two was fucking amazing at the time. Every so often I fire up the big ol' Xbox to play it and reminisce, but truth be told while it's held up well, there's a lot of stuff around now that's better. Replay modes are awesome, though... right/left trigger adjust the speed of a replay but it doesn't change the tone of the sound, just slows down the picture. Just like those ultra-high framerate cameras they use in sports.

Shaneus

On dead franchises, what I wouldn't do for a new single player game (with online melee) based in the Star Control universe. SC2 is so fucking amazing.

Yeah I miss Oddworld. That said, I didn't buy Stranger's Wrath, so I'm partly to blame for their not being any since, but still, they were great.

Edit: The Wallabies are getting spanked. This is depressing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Never owned a CE statue/figurine, doubt I ever will. Regular edition for meeee.

I'm not sure I even want it after being burned by Oblivion, and a lesser extent Fallout 3. This better be good :mad:.

OK seriously, this is some of the worst reffing I've ever seen. They are missing knock ons and off sides both ways. Whoever is reffing this game better not see any world cup action. Absolute disgrace

Jintor

Kritz said:
I think the idea's kinda rad, but also, I think just having neogaf logo + australia is a really lazy way to do it.

I mean it's that or ridiculous Australian paraphanalia, like a giant knife lying on a stockman's Akubra next to a kangaroo or something.

Dead Man

Kritz said:
I think the idea's kinda rad, but also, I think just having neogaf logo + australia is a really lazy way to do it.
We have some creative people here (Jintor, Gaz, YOU, others), surely there can be something better.

Kirby102

Rahk said:
Oh, there's an iPad version? Appears to also be an iPhone version. I'm there!

Firstly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D

Secondly, jubeat is only in the Japanese App Store... so yeah, need a Japanese Apple ID for it. :D

Gazunta

Pretty much. And to sound completely mercenary, if I was going to spend time making a T-shirt, it would be for my own properties, not to advertise this place as much as I truly do love it.

I really should make that Presidog shirt. I mean, Bern wants one.

Kirby102

Jintor said:
Ausgaf, are we getting a t-shirt design done or what?
What I was thinking of/came up with (idea only), was a coat of arms, but with neogaf logo and the banner saying "ausgaf".

Here's the image for reference:
crest_stylised.gif

Go get creative people :D

Jintor

Kirby102 said:
What I was thinking of/came up with (idea only), was a coat of arms, but with neogaf logo and the banner saying "ausgaf".

Here's the image for reference:
crest_stylised.gif

Go get creative people :D

That's not bad actually.

Is there a deadline for t-shirt submissions or can we just submit whenever? I notice stuff is going up in waves.

Top Bottom