• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Yagharek

VOOK said:
I'm pretty sure any of you guys would fuck the Jesus out of Rikki Lee if you had the chance.

Unless of course you're gay, then you're excused.

I second this motion. She's pretty hot in either form. No sharp knees there, nosiree.

Jintor

evlcookie said:
I would like to watch my weight, there goes the mayo. Although compared to what I might eat it's probably better for me in general. Guess I need to get out the old calorie counter and see what she says.

I should have gotten on that bus, get me home 10 minutes earlier, doh.

I really shouldn't have skipped lunch. Ended up eating a plate of nachos at 5. Lame as.

Ventron

Choc said:
in light of the herald sun posts

http://theagevsheraldsun.tumblr.com/

that tumblr is gold

someone shoudl do it for Daily Tele vs SMH.

They're funny when the comparisons are blindingly obvious, but when they start going all ideological with shit like this:
If you can’t see past paying $2 extra a week for groceries in return for a real plan for a clean energy future, then fuck you sideways with an armful of deckchairs.
"$2 extra a week" my arse. "Clean energy future" my arse.

Dead Man

Ventron said:
They're funny when the comparisons are blindingly obvious, but when they start going all ideological with shit like this:

You are an angry young person, aren't you? :D

Ventron

Dead Man said:
You are an angry young person, aren't you? :D

IM NOT FUCKING ANGRY YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW

J2hZO.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jintor said:
I'm bored and I should be working, but:

AUSGAF! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!?!?!

Angry Nintendo Fan, Website Designer and Designer, Freelance Journalist, Community Manager, Editor in Chief, Programmer, Video Feature producer, Webmaster and professional tech support for morons.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Freelance writer, temporary IT dude for the Cerebral Palsy Support Network, and professional douchebag.

Bernbaum

Oil and gas geologist; former palaeontologist and climate change researcher.

Used to write for vooks.net and wish I still could.

Student and part time bakery worker. Done alot of random shit throughout the years though like Maccas, lab assistant, Trades Assistant, Meatworker, Labourer, Factory work.

Journalist

Ventron said:

I agree. Even though I agree with their point, that kind of the point of what they're trying to say

evlcookie said:
I would like to watch my weight, there goes the mayo. Although compared to what I might eat it's probably better for me in general. Guess I need to get out the old calorie counter and see what she says.

I should have gotten on that bus, get me home 10 minutes earlier, doh.
Light mayo! Good for the hips. Same with light milk and light cheese. Tastes the same to me.

Part time commerce student 7 years running! Also admin co-orinator for public housing maintenance. Also full time fianceé and casual dad. I wish I had time to play bass again down here, miss the atmosphere.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Jintor said:
I'm bored and I should be working, but:

AUSGAF! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!?!?!

Service Delivery Manager for a small british IT company :)

markot said:
I cant stand normal milk anymore after switching to lite... 'light'? Whatever it is.

Word, full cream milk is too creamy

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
reptilescorpio said:
Everyone buy humble indie bundle 3!!!! Seems Windows users are the cheapest with linux users donating twice as much on average.

That's pretty much been the case since the first one.

trinest

reptilescorpio said:
Everyone buy humble indie bundle 3!!!! Seems Windows users are the cheapest with linux users donating twice as much on average.
Hey if I have 0$ in cash me putting in a $1 is heaps for me.

As for the "AusGAF perfession question", I'm an unemployeed professional bum (I'm not a doll bludger because I can't get the doll).

Frawdder

How much does AusGAF know about laptops? Was thinking about getting one to take to Uni and play some games on it during lectures in my free time. Was hoping to keep it under $1000. Anywhere I should look to get started and/or are people able to recommend some decent laptops?

As for the job question, Uni student and slave at a supermarket. Speaking of which....

...goddam I hate my job.

Frawdder said:
How much does AusGAF know about laptops? Was thinking about getting one to take to Uni and play some games on it during lectures in my free time. Was hoping to keep it under $1000. Anywhere I should look to get started and/or are people able to recommend some decent laptops?

As for the job question, Uni student and slave at a supermarket. Speaking of which....

...goddam I hate my job.
Sams Warehouse have a 50 dollar netbook. Im sure it would be shit but for that price it would be fine for word processing.

I really wish there was a classic simpsons/futurama tv station. I would be fine with watching ads for the cobveniance.

markot

Banned
Frawdder said:

...goddam I hate my job.
http://apcmag.com/notebookhunter/index.htm

They post some nice deals.

Deeku

Last year student! Next year I'm supposed to be a trader but considering a. the current global economic outlook, and b. the fact that my firm and pretty much every other bank recently announced massive job cuts since apparently investment banking don't make money no more, I reckon I will either be unemployed or doing postgrad. Yay!

:(

rass

graphic designer/student

speaking of which. First day of Uni today oh man.
read the clock wrong this morning, missed my lecture and sat through the wrong one, then was 30 minutes late for my next class (different campus, 2 trains) and I walked in and sat down in the wrong class, didn't realise for 20 minutes. How could I be so unskilled at Uni haha, better luck next time :(

Thank <deity of choice> for Lectopia, watched my (awesome) missed lecture from this morning after I got home.

Rahk

Frawdder said:

...goddam I hate my job.
Get a 13" or a light 15". If you get something big and heavy you'll never want to take it anywhere. I got a fairly heavy 15" and took it to uni maybe twice.

You'll probably have to skimp on the video card for something light, but just use it for playing indie games or whatever. From memory, there was a thread about a 13" Alienware that could run Mass Effect well. Maybe there's a newer model like that these days.

Dell typically has a good selection at good prices. You could probably also find 15% or so off codes.

Salazar

rass said:
speaking of which. First day of Uni today oh man.
read the clock wrong this morning, missed my lecture and sat through the wrong one, then was 30 minutes late for my next class (different campus, 2 trains) and I walked in and sat down in the wrong class, didn't realise for 20 minutes. How could I be so unskilled at Uni haha, better luck next time :(

I spent about a half-hour sprinting around looking for a seminar room last Friday. Fucking special research units think they are too good for the rest of uni, so they set up somewhere practically hidden.

Gazunta said:
Guys It's been long established that Ella Morton is AusGAFs plan B in case Ricki Lee doesn't work out.

Activate plan B!

I'll take Maeve O'Meara and Annabel Crabb.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
Oil and gas geologist; former palaeontologist and climate change researcher.

Used to write for vooks.net and wish I still could.

Strange, I honestly thought you went OS for a game journalist job or something similar. Didn't realise you were still doing geology.

Top Bottom