• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

AusQB

I'm thinking of buying a bottle of Sortilège Whisky for my French-Canadian friend's birthday.

P3o3q.jpg

Does anyone know either a place in Perth that sells it or any place in Australia that could import it (if need be) and ship it?

HolyCheck said:
happy census day you statistical sonsofbitches
Gaf now knows our taste in women and how we support our game discussing (but not playing) ways. The gubberment are going to know where we lived 5 years ago. What else should we put out there?

Cat and/or dog person?
Steelen Dan or Hall n Oats?
Who are the biggest douchebags? Professional swimmers or professional rugby players?
Should Princess Di be canonized?
Does water freeze faster in the freezer if you put hot water in there rather than tap water?
At what age does drinking hot milo instead of coffee become creepy?
When will Bill Tiller rejoin the old lucasarts crew and make the nobel peace prize winning CMI2?

heh i had some old chick rant to me the other day about the census and how you should never admit to smoking or drinking or gambling because if the goverment sees alot of people doing something they raise the taxes on that thing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I did it last Tuesday becaues I didn't read the date right.

census done. Why the hell can't etax be a web application like the census (and hence usable on anything with a browser instead of being a Windows-only app).

This might be a dangerous question to ask of AusGAF but do any of you guys enjoy a bit of DDR?

I have been playing a lot as of late because my house mate bought a pad combo with the ps3 game. i am going to look at getting a 2nd pad today.

Any reccomendations for best DDR games etc. We currently have stepmania on the PC as well. What i am really after though is to be able to add custom songs to the tracklists.

Thanks for your help!

Kirby102

Marshmellow said:
This might be a dangerous question to ask of AusGAF but do any of you guys enjoy a bit of DDR?

I have been playing a lot as of late because my house mate bought a pad combo with the ps3 game. i am going to look at getting a 2nd pad today.

Any reccomendations for best DDR games etc. We currently have stepmania on the PC as well. What i am really after though is to be able to add custom songs to the tracklists.

Thanks for your help!
I duno what technology the PS3 Dance Mats use (unless they're the PS2 controller ones), then invest in the USB adapters so you can use them on your PC, then download all the custom songs for StepMania.

WIN :D Instant party, gets all the bitches... (that likes DDR) :p

Choc

Banned
Commbank has cut home loans between 0.25 and 0.6 per cent depending on your loan

wow

also

7.30am Republicans warn against raising taxes and say Standard & Poor's decision to label the firm's decision to strip US debt of its triple-A rating is "irresponsible".

The party has warned colleauges not to feel pressured into raising taxes to off-set American's debt and say the move may result in higher borrowing costs for home buyers, credit card holders and governments, the Dow Jones reported.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/business/aus...es/story-e6frfm1i-1226111305525#ixzz1UU2JYG4X

thats right, blame the agencies instead of your poor government decisions. Morons.

They need to raise taxes, there is no other way out of it. Companies in the US pay fuck all tax, and they need to (especially apple). America has been the least taxed nation for too long and they are paying for it. It's time for them to wake the fuck up and smell the roses and sort themselves out. The non-marginal system of taxation gravy train is over yanks, its over.

edit: good thing about e-census is that it reacts to your question answers, so if you have to skip questions, it does not display them.

DualShadow said:
His posts are only 20min apart so hopefully only takes that long.

That was punctuated by getting a drink and two calls from my wife wanting to "join in on the census fun." Not long at all and that was for two of us.

Kirby102 said:
I duno what technology the PS3 Dance Mats use (unless they're the PS2 controller ones), then invest in the USB adapters so you can use them on your PC, then download all the custom songs for StepMania.

WIN :D Instant party, gets all the bitches... (that likes DDR) :p

Cheers man, yea going to sort out custom songs for stepmania tonight and the ps3 pads are USB compatible with PC. already used them.

I really wanted to be able to add my songs and have the game generate steps for it. guessing that isn't viable.

Shaneus

Fruit Ninja tomorrow(ish)! Was thinking about holding out for Gunstringer (that bundles FN for free) but impressions are so good I might have to jump in right away.

Marshmellow said:

I've got the Mario Mix, Hottest Party 4 (which I think is the same as the PS3 version?) and a couple of mats. I used to play it daily, it's good fun and I lost a little weight doing so, but I haven't really touched it in a while. I oughta get back into it.

Box of Bunnies said:
I've got the Mario Mix, Hottest Party 4 (which I think is the same as the PS3 version?) and a couple of mats. I used to play it daily, it's good fun and I lost a little weight doing so, but I haven't really touched it in a while. I oughta get back into it.

Yea i did 2 hours last night with a mate, was fun and good excercise at the same time. (PS3 DDR version) in 3 days we have gone from only managing beginner to being able to do basic. after a bit more practice will move onto difficult, but its so dam hard.....lol

Jambo - All class Adelaide mate. (partial NSFW) its not too bad tho

Fredescu

Choc said:
Commbank has cut home loans between 0.25 and 0.6 per cent depending on your loan

wow
They've cut their fixed rates, meaning they are predicting rates will go down. If you take them up on that offer, I've got a bridge to sell you. "Wow" would be if they cut their variable rates.

Kritz

Banned
Jintor said:
Mmm, lotta writers/IT-related folks in here! Current student/freelance journalist
Former IT Support :(

Currently studying... Computing & games. Way to break the trend, I guess. :/

Omikron

Fredescu said:
They've cut their fixed rates, meaning they are predicting rates will go down. If you take them up on that offer, I've got a bridge to sell you. "Wow" would be if they cut their variable rates.

Indeed. Will be keeping an eye on what my credit union does.

Meanwhile, at work, production manager + team lead are away. Joy for me as I am next cab off the rank. :p

senahorse

Fredescu said:

Exactly, also, this is only on their 1 - 5 year loans.

Fredescu

x3n05 said:
Exactly, also, this is only on their 1 - 5 year loans.
Technically this is for 30 year loans, but CBA don't fix for longer than 5. These rates are for people wanting to fix their rates today, they're not discounting anyone with an existing loan. With the predictions of drastic rate cuts in the coming months, you'd be mad to fix your rate now.

Omikron

commanderdeek said:
Is there a fine for not completing the census? I don't think I can be bothered...

How many people in your household?

Took 30 mins to do it for 3 people.

Also, I like this article.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/contributors/the-fix-begins-at-home-20110808-1ij3c.html

The debate our politicians lead us into in Australia is not about the lack of resettlement places available for the world's refugees, nor is it about the diabolical environments people often find themselves in when they flee their homelands. Instead we engage in a political debate from which honest reflection and long-term strategies for assisting other human beings are largely excluded. It is the debate we pretend to have so that we don't actually have to engage in any genuine debate at all.

Both major parties treat the public as a prize to be won by whichever best manipulates public perception. Both have positions riddled with contradictions and untruths.

Deeku

Omi said:
How many people in your household?

Took 30 mins to do it for 3 people.
I live alone but I will have to do it for 3 other people as well. 30 mins doesn't sound too bad though, might do it later tonight then.

Choc

Banned
commanderdeek said:
I live alone but I will have to do it for 3 other people as well. 30 mins doesn't sound too bad though, might do it later tonight then.

wat

if they do not live with you they do not go on the form

Deeku

Choc said:
Fine is $120 per day you do not do it past this evening

yes its worse than not voting
This can't be true.

I need to do myself and my parent's household since they don't know how to lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That reminds me that I have an $80 no voting fine I should probably pay.

Clipper

I believe there is a fine. Just do them, it won't take too long, and it really does help Australia.

EatChildren said:
That reminds me that I have an $80 no voting fine I should probably pay.
The fine ramps up if you leave it too long, right? Why didn't you vote anyway?

senahorse

Fredescu said:
Technically this is for 30 year loans, but CBA don't fix for longer than 5. These rates are for people wanting to fix their rates today, they're not discounting anyone with an existing loan. With the predictions of drastic rate cuts in the coming months, you'd be mad to fix your rate now.

Going by their website, they fix up to 15 year loans. The 1-5 year only came from the news article, maybe I am missing something.

Fredescu

x3n05 said:
Going by their website, they fix up to 15 year loans. The 1-5 year only came from the news article, maybe I am missing something.
Those aren't "15 year loans" as such, they're 15 year fixed rate periods of home loans. That is, when the 15 years are up, you revert to whatever the standard variable rate is on the day. But yeah, I didn't realise they were doing fixed terms of longer than 5. The rates are pretty terrible obviously.

Deeku

jambo said:
How can they not know how to fill out a form?

=\
A combination of bad english, minimal computer skills and laziness. Good ol parents.

Just finished my own, I did my country proud!

EatChildren

Clipper said:
The fine ramps up if you leave it too long, right? Why didn't you vote anyway?

Yeah it does. It was $60 and its gone up to $80. And I missed voting because I nocturnal at the time (and stupid).

jambo

You didn't vote so you're not allowed to complain about any political issues until you vote at the next election =P

Choc

Banned
it is $120 per day, it was on the radio this morning

They had a 50k sample for health recently the ABS and everyone who was asked to do it and did not was fined $110 a day until they did it

Thats how it works, thats how the ABS wants it and thats how the Census Act of 1905 defines it.

The survey is compulsory and can be completed by filling out the form for collection, or online, to avoid the $110-a-day fine from the time notification of obligation is lodged.

well 110, still a lot :p

Top Bottom