• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Mar

Rez said:
I'm on Optus and they've been generally fantastic.

Get out.

codswallop said:
Someone said cake?

2540063735_0f5bb50d0f_m.jpg
4229098429_b726cc836d_m.jpg

4631850354_c0b760ab7d_m.jpg
4674275174_f2b43e233d_m.jpg

All made by the wife.

Nice cakes. And that's not even a euphemism.

Also, I have the tome that is the 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die. Love it. Each game I've looked up so far has had an awesome write up about it that makes you want to play it again.

Choc

Banned
vince

when you sign up for a bb plan make sure bis is included in the cost

for example with telstra if you bring a bb to them rather then a plan they charge 29.95 on top of the actual plan cost to access bis

if you get a bb via them, its included in the plan cost.

generally the bb plans now are of a premium (45+) that bis is included

generally 19 and 29 caps do not include bis access, and then you need to pay the access fee

its a royalty fee the telcos pay to RIM to access their infrastructure and they pay per user so you cop that fee when you join. As i said, most telcos are pushing bb's hard now to consumers not just business, and bis is included

Yagharek

Choc said:
vince

when you sign up for a bb plan make sure bis is included in the cost

for example with telstra if you bring a bb to them rather then a plan they charge 29.95 on top of the actual plan cost to access bis

if you get a bb via them, its included in the plan cost.

generally the bb plans now are of a premium (45+) that bis is included

generally 19 and 29 caps do not include bis access, and then you need to pay the access fee

its a royalty fee the telcos pay to RIM to access their infrastructure and they pay per user so you cop that fee when you join. As i said, most telcos are pushing bb's hard now to consumers not just business, and bis is included

Thanks very much choc. I had a look on a bb specific forum in Aus and was probably 5 minutes away from finding that out, but maybe not as clear as youve put it. Muchly appreciated.

All the plans Ive been looking at are $59 or above, so Ill try and confirm that they do have bis included, but its probably the case as you say.

Bernbaum

Danoss said:
Pardon me for laughing as you swiveled your chair with a deadpan face right at the end. It killed me. Sorry.
Holy fuck, so did I!

Stares down the barrel of the lens like a disappointed father for a microsecond and then his gaze wanders up to the left and we can only wonder what he was daydreaming about. Probably video games.

MrSerrels

Danoss said:
Awesome interview there Mr Serrels.

Pardon me for laughing as you swiveled your chair with a deadpan face right at the end. It killed me. Sorry.

Thanks for uploading!

My mrs is absolutely pissing herself right now.

codswallop said:
... aaaand it's up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2NGjZ5hLuY

For the record, I ended up recording with Windows Media Centre, then converting from WTV to DVR-MS format (right-click on the file), then using DVRMSToolbox to convert to MPEG2, then using VirtualDubMod to cut the video and then convert to DIVX/AVI and then uploaded to Youtube.
Thanks! Sounds like it took a bit of effort. :)

The ending was great. Who knew swivel chairs would make good tv.

I liked that interview. It was good that they let you speak and actually answer their questions instead of cutting you off and moving on, I see that a lot when it comes to game stuff + news.

MrSerrels

Also - I'm not taking responsibility for 'the stare'. I HAD CLEARLY NODDED IN RESPONSE TO THE THANKING THING! THE CAMERA SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ON ME ANYMORE!

Deeku

Danoss said:
Awesome interview there Mr Serrels.

lol

Hopefully nobody makes a gif of it and uses it as their avatar.

*wink wink*

Edit: oh wait i forgot, no more gif avatars:(

commanderdeek said:
lol

*wink wink*

I had forgotten about that rule, now you reminded me and I will notice it more than ever :(

Choc

Banned
commanderdeek said:
lol

*wink wink*

mark now totally agrees with this decision by gaf

Kirby102

MrSerrels said:
Also - I'm not taking responsibility for 'the stare'. I HAD CLEARLY NODDED IN RESPONSE TO THE THANKING THING! THE CAMERA SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ON ME ANYMORE!
Should've closed the interview like a boss (or at least thank them back :p)

Now it's on the Internets :p

Speaking of CAKE: (what I took while I was at the Easter Show)

215739_10150225679329108_628814107_8459669_648479_n.jpg

223323_10150223363529108_628814107_8431265_4253022_n.jpg

N4bNh.jpg

And then some cake of my own:

222400_10150222619384108_628814107_8420194_4025978_n.jpg

Cohsae

Death stare delivered beyond all expectations. Although if it'd been me on camera in front of the nation I'd be sweating so much I'd have slid off my chair so good job not doing that.

Jintor

MrSerrels said:

Sooooo awkkwaaaaaard

Go Mark!

jambo

I'm getting a "they said I could be anything" vibe from those pics :lol

They said I could be anything. Diddly dee potatoes.

<3 you Serrels

Jintor

jambo said:
I'm getting a "they said I could be anything" vibe from those pics :lol

They said I could be anything. Diddly dee potatoes.

<3 you Serrels

They said I could be anything

So I became a competant INCREDIBLE investigative games journalist with one hell of a scottish brogue

Glad I wasn't the only one hunting around for a movie to GIF converter. I have a 720p copy if you didn't get anything from the station and want to keep the camera stare permanently in its "HD" glory.

Omikron

So hey, I still have a bunch of games available for gifting on steam if anyone wants...

steam_gifts.png

Portal 2, L4D2, HL2 x 2 are gone from that list. I think.

Shaneus

Omi said:
So hey, I still have a bunch of games available for gifting on steam if anyone wants...

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo196/omi1981/steam_gifts.png[IMG]

Portal 2, L4D2, HL2 x 2 are gone from that list. I think.[/QUOTE]
Wow... I'd be happy to be on the receiving end of P2 if you still had it around. How did you come across so many games to gift in the first place?

Omikron

Shaneus said:
Wow... I'd be happy to be on the receiving end of P2 if you still had it around. How did you come across so many games to gift in the first place?

Golden Potato...and having had the vast majority of the Valve back catalogue already.

codswallop said:
Great work! Only on ABC24 can you get a proper damn discussion of the issue rather than a quick teleprompter read.

Jintor said:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/Lumbargo/serrels.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
LOL. That death stare was perfect! At least you didn't yawn or something. Now everyone thinks you are a badass serial killer Serrels!

The Witcher 2 has gone gold! Hallelujah!

roosters93 said:
I woke up to find Serrels on the front page of the paper! (the smh)
Nice work :)
Couldn't find the front page but the smh.com website is organised really nicely.

The Chaser's letter to the Queen
Dear Australian Head of State,
We would like to place ourselves at your mercy and request a stay of execution for our television program, The Chaser's Royal Wedding Commentary.
We, like Kate, are commoners, and were looking forward to celebrating her wedding to your exalted grandson with a few affectionate observations.
To ensure that our coverage was respectful, we were only planning to use jokes that Prince Phillip has previously made in public, or at least the ones that don't violate racial vilification laws. We've also filmed a joke about hunting grouse which we think you might enjoy.
We Australians are a simple people who don't often get to watch that kind of pomp. The last big wedding we had here was Scott and Charlene on Neighbours. We've asked around, and there are at least six people in this outpost of your empire who would quite like to watch our commentary.
Please consider our plea.
We have the honour to be, Madam, Your Majesty's humble and obedient servants,
Cheers,
The Chaser
PS: How serious are you about treason laws?

jambo

Kritz

Banned
I'm pretty sure I never actually used my CCard on PSN anyway. And in worst case, the most my card goes to is about $300, so not much damage if it does get used. And my bank password is easily the most secure password I've ever created - and I create fucking nightmare passwords.

Email also uses a different password to what I would have used on PSN.

I should be good.

Mar

jambo said:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/28/3202046.htm?section=entertainment

oh dear, now this could get rather bad.

Luckily I have a debit card on PSN, and even though I get paid today, I'll be spending a large chunk of my money tonight :lol

EDIT: I might get a new card just to be on the safe side...

I'm a fan of the debit card and use one myself, however you should not feel safer using one. In fact, if your card does get used, you go through a lot more pain trying to recover that money back on a debit card. Well, with some banks anyway. The credit union I'm with is pretty good.

Why? Well, I have my conspiracy theories. Banks love you using credit.

Top Bottom