• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

changing passwords changing my Cc details. Ta Sony. Where's that smug asshat Ephraim grovelling?

I just saw that serrels vid.
I need subtitles

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
Choc I'll try and cram in a PSN gag into this week's theme somehow.

arrrrrgh gaz saw it before my edit ;_;

it was Associated Press gaz, so yes an american

:)

edit: oh shit now this has gone all weird

Danoss

I'd take the batteries out of a 360 controller, it seems to be a constant drain on them no matter what (at least that's what I remember). The genuine Xbox rechargeable batteries are so bad, they drain quickly whether in the controller or not.

As for Eneloops, they're a great battery, the low-discharge when not in use is a great feature. If you go through rechargeable batteries very frequently however, you are better off getting a higher capacity rechargeable as you won't see the benefit of the Eneloop main feature.

I'm picking up some rechargeable batteries next week and have leant towards the Maha Powerex Imedion 2400mAh. They're the highest capacity low-discharge battery currently available.

ClivePwned said:
I need subtitles for that interview
Bmerz.gif

Bernbaum said:
Moments like these when you sit back and take stock of what AusGAF actually is as a thing on the internet. As something that was originally set up to share local industry news; retail bargains and availability of titles, and enjoys a healthy population of diverse personality types and has resulted in several real-world meetups, the whole thing has evolved into something difficult to define and can be a little weird. Not ‘creepy’ weird, but ‘I would have a hard time explaining what this thread is to people on the street’ weird.
I would define AusGAF currently as a place for Australian gamers to discuss the issues relating to our lives as Australian gamers. Stuff like Australian related bargains or where we can buy stuff like phones or batteries since we are in Australia and most information is for US or UK gamers. People like Serrels can highlight articles he is putting up relating to Australian interests in gaming or Gaz can talk about his new gaming related enterprise. It is a nice, non-threatening place for us to talk without worrying about the stigma of being a gamer.

Thanks for the details on the Eneloops, since I only get to jump on the 360 sporadically they sound like they will be perfect. My gf's camera doesn't get constant use either so it should be okay for that too.

Shaneus

user_nat said:
Oh wow. I just bought 2.
I jumped in on the strawberry Pop Tarts, too. But seeing as the eggs retailed for around $1.60 each and you could get a retail box of them for $15, damn.

Clearly any trace of self control I once had has been flushed down the toilet.

jambo said:
TrackMania IS the sequel to Stunts.

Also, sorry for posting a big image, but holy fucking shit

http://www.abload.de/img/trackmania_2_6sowz.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm sure you have already seen the trailers. Preview makes it sound like the second coming of Jesus so I am trying to keep my enthusiasm to a minimum until the beta in July. Otherwise my mind will be unable to think of anything other than track design.

[QUOTE=Kirby102]... I thought it's already been announced, I saw the trailer yesterday :S[/QUOTE]
First screenshot came out on the 8th. At least I saw it first on RPS, they have been talking about TM2 for quite sometime quietly.

Kirby102

... I thought it's already been announced, I saw the trailer yesterday :S

But still, Trackmania!~!111... I'm struggling to finish Nations Forever SP... ==;

jambo

TrackMania 2

Qwu9a.gif

Kirby102 said:
... I thought it's already been announced, I saw the trailer yesterday :S

But still, Trackmania!~!111... I'm struggling to finish Nations Forever SP... ==;

I've been away, catching up, Choc News style.

Fredescu

Kirby102 said:
... I thought it's already been announced
Yeah, it was announced ages ago. Prior to the new Ubisoft DRM at least, because I remember thinking* that Trackmania 2 would be the one game I would put up with it for.

*posting

Shaneus

Shaneus said:
I jumped in on the strawberry Pop Tarts, too. But seeing as the eggs retailed for around $1.60 each and you could get a retail box of them for $15, damn.

Clearly any trace of self control I once had has been flushed down the toilet.
I just realised (quoting myself because I'm so fucking awesome) that with the few I already have in my freezer, I can have one creme egg a week up until next Easter! Woo!

Omi said:
So hey, I still have a bunch of games available for gifting on steam if anyone wants...

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo196/omi1981/steam_gifts.png[IMG]

Portal 2, L4D2, HL2 x 2 are gone from that list. I think.[/QUOTE]

I'd happily take HL1 off your hands.

Also holy shit trackmania 2 looks niiiiiice.

The scariest thing with the PSN compromise is the fact that the hackers have the PSN name, real name, home address, and phone numbers for everyone with a PSN account, and that shit could easily end up online (and searchable) in time.

Serrels, if you haven't been scared away by these ninnies and their GIFs I would love for you to get a response on that subject from Sony and/or privacy commissioner, etc. Credit card details are the least of our problems really, you can imagine how that concept would sit with anyone who has kids playing on a PSN account...

Choc said:
anyone know any australian stores that have 1001 video games book in stock?
Borders
Also Cookie pointed me to a book search engine site called Booko which is like GameCafe but for books obviously. It is awesome.

endlessflood said:
The scariest thing with the PSN compromise is the fact that the hackers have the PSN name, real name, home address, and phone numbers for everyone with a PSN account, and that shit could easily end up online (and searchable) in time.
At least for me the Address they have is from 2005 which is well and truly incorrect now. Plus I don't remember ever giving them my phone number?

Gazunta said:
Don Mattrick's done a ton of games, and most of them were amazing. Accolade Comics was BRILLIANT.
He went from starting Distinctive Software at 17 to Test Drive/Stunts to EA Canada to NFS to leading EA to helping Xbox make a profit to now being richer than Rick James.

Shaneus

Yeah, I reckon Mattrick would be great as the head of someone like Turn 10 (although they seem to be doing well enough as it is). The Test Drive games (and other DSI games like Grand Prix Circuit and The Cycles) were staples of my PC gaming childhood. Seems like a level-headed sorta guy too (ie. not a douche).

jambo said:
Oh dear god that looks amazing.

I've only played Trackmania on the Wii and DS, but damn, I mean damn.

I think I'm going have to have to get a new laptop to play that on, I somehow don't think my year old Alienware m11x is going to be able to handle that level of awesomeness.

Also Serrels pic is the best pic ever.

Mar

Choc said:
anyone know any australian stores that have 1001 video games book in stock?

That you can walk into? I got mine from Better Read Than Dead in Newtown yesterday. They have 3 more copies.

/prepares armaments for choc's arrival to my town

Anyone used a QNAP box for any extended period of time? My Windows Home Server box is at capacity and only has just over 1TB space left, so I need to look at my next option. I'm thinking a TS-559 Pro II (a bit expensive, but I seem to really want 5 bays).

Top Bottom