• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

markot

Banned
I cant stop focusing on the ghosting in zelda oot >_<

Anything I can do to minimize it outside of turning off the 3d?

I think Nintendo shot its load to early on this 3d tech, too many limitations.

markot said:
I cant stop focusing on the ghosting in zelda oot >_<

Anything I can do to minimize it outside of turning off the 3d?

I think Nintendo shot its load to early on this 3d tech, too many limitations.

Except for maybe an initial bit when I first start a session, I don't really experience much ghosting. Even with the odd use of the gyro controls (makes the shooting galleries super easy!), I settle back into it quickly.

Might just be a matter of spending some time with the system and getting accustomed to find the right spot.

markot

Banned
Its just that when I notice it... I focus on it >.< and I think that makes it worse.

Does playing in the dark make it worse?

Shaneus said:
Surprised you got it next day, TBH. And those extras... not wanting to sound like I dumped them on you, but they're pretty much worth nothing for trade (they came with the arcade) and I figured the youngin' could get some fun out of them (eventually) :)
You will never get a fake Uncle title by forcing sega superstar tennis on my impressionable child! Although feeding frenzy looks pretty badass.

Infamous 2 is soooooo much fun. Much easier and thrilling to get around this time.

Rahk

markot said:
Its just that when I notice it... I focus on it >.< and I think that makes it worse.

I don't have a 3DS, but perhaps turning down the brightness will help?

legend166

I think the most I've paid for a game in about 3-4 years was $90 for PES 2008 Wii.

Considering between my brother and I we put about 300 hours into it, it was worth it.

Deeku

reptilescorpio said:
You will never get a fake Uncle title by forcing sega superstar tennis on my impressionable child! Although feeding frenzy looks pretty badass.

Infamous 2 is soooooo much fun. Much easier and thrilling to get around this time.
I've played a bit but it hasn't warmed up to me yet. I looooved the first one but I just hate what they've done with Cole (he seems a lot less cool and more annoying than before). Also I don't like how it's balls of lightning rather than the streams because you kinda need to aim more and I suck at aiming. And the camera was crazy fast on default.

I'll play more once I'm done with a dumb jrpg I'm playing lol

commanderdeek said:
I've played a bit but it hasn't warmed up to me yet. I looooved the first one but I just hate what they've done with Cole (he seems a lot less cool and more annoying than before). Also I don't like how it's balls of lightning rather than the streams because you kinda need to aim more and I suck at aiming. And the camera was crazy fast on default.

I'll play more once I'm done with a dumb jrpg I'm playing lol
Took me an hour to get used to the controls. Ten hours in now and it handles like a dream. New static thrusters are soooo good!

Ydahs

markot said:

The only real time I experienced ghosting is when there is a black backdrop. It's near perfect most times.

Witchfinder General said:
Hey, AusGAF lives!

Oh, and as for the Aussie dollar; it is actually in the constitution that you are required to punch the face of anyone who makes predictions of where the dollar is heading.

Best to avoid that question in the census, then.

Satchel

Banned
Just as an update. Got my Mortal Kombat copy.

Used my Australian American Express card to buy Rain through my US PSN Account, and it works fine playing the game logged in to my AU account.

Woo Hoo.

Deeku

I think I've hit a new low in my life - I joined an anime figure/dolls forum.

I only joined so I could complain about something but I already regret it.

Deeku

Well, I joined with the intention of expressing my disappointment at a certain anime figure company, but now I'm looking at posts of people taking pictures of their dolls in humorous everyday situations.

Kinda creepy!

Clipper

Satchel said:
Just as an update. Got my Mortal Kombat copy.

Used my Australian American Express card to buy Rain through my US PSN Account, and it works fine playing the game logged in to my AU account.

Woo Hoo.
Wait, seriously? I've been using my friend getting PSN cards all this time...

My goodness, it worked! Wow...

Edit: It's a pity the 3DS doesn't accept Amex...

commanderdeek said:
Well, I joined with the intention of expressing my disappointment at a certain anime figure company, but now I'm looking at posts of people taking pictures of their dolls in humorous everyday situations.

Kinda creepy!

link some! gogogo

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:

You're still having CC problems on the 3DS?

Deeku

Megadrive said:
link some! gogogo
This creepy enough? Generally, the creepiness is more subtle though lol

http://i53.tinypic.com/2a5du0.jpg

Caption for the pic is:

Just a pic of Aoi and me in the bunk relaxing. I hope to have more in the near future. Thnx for reading.

Aoi: Bye all

Yeah.

Edit:

Yep.

27zubs.jpg

Deeku

Probably why I'd never go to an anime con. I guess it's great that people can share their interests and what not, but I find it really hard to take this stuff seriously. Though I did go into a doll shop once in Akihabara and it was kinda mindblowing.

Also, I'm kinda just annoyed that I'm pooled together with these guys when I thought the site was more about normal animal figures. Rage!

Jintor

you're buying figures already man, just accept it. You may not be in as deep as those guys but you're paddling away in the pool all the same

Deeku

Jintor said:
you're buying figures already man, just accept it. You may not be in as deep as those guys but you're paddling away in the pool all the same
But the chlorine is stinging my eyes!

Satchel

Banned
Clipper said:

Yeah I was so rapt it worked, because I read before my copy got here that it wouldn't, so I was spewing.

But then I tried it, and voila! So rapt. Played a fair bit of Mortal Kombat last night. Fucking cool game. Kratos seems to be a legitimately good character too. They seem to have put some genuine effort into him.

Clipper

VOOK said:
You're still having CC problems on the 3DS?
I'm not going to change my region to Brazil as I wouldn't get Club Nintendo coins for the purchases. Thus, my only current solution (once the balance I topped up with while we could use Aussie Visa cards on the US store runs out) is my prepaid card method through the friend in the states.

Choc

Banned
CBA posts 6.8 billion profit for the year.

Kinda ridiculous, and its about time the ridiculous fees be made illegal like in teh UK

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Damnit, I should've hunted down a copy of Party Animals to throw in. Would've made both junior *and* Gaz happy.

On that note, does anyone know what's happened with the Viva Pinata franchise? I never got into either full game (though I still have them both... and with my newly-cured ADHD I might give them a crack... suggestions as to which one are more than welcome) but always loved the world that was created for them.

Kritz

Banned
commanderdeek said:
Also, I'm kinda just annoyed that I'm pooled together with these guys when I thought the site was more about normal animal figures. Rage!

The best way to be interested in something but not let anyone else know you care is to be super patronising about it and then continue doing it anyway!

Like these fucking piece of shit video games.

jambo

evlcookie said:
Dirt 3 has been downloaded, So whoever wants to play that this weekend let's do it!

Sweet, I've got DiRT 3 installed and I'd love to check out some of those multiplayer party games like CTF and Outbreak.

commanderdeek said:
This creepy enough? Generally, the creepiness is more subtle though lol

I bet you bunk with yours

Kritz

Banned
It's too bad I never got that free dirt 3 thing a while back. Because $50 is a lot of $1s to spend on a game I'm not very good at.

Wow, super hero adaptions are the death blow to Aussie developers. First Pandemic with the Dark Knight and now this.

If the update about Blue Tongue is correct, then this is another pretty big blow for the industry. Although it does seem to happen at least once a year that a big local name gets killed off. Someone else always steps up

FallbackPants said:
Wow, super hero adaptions are the death blow to Aussie developers. First Pandemic with the Dark Knight and now this.

If the update about Blue Tongue is correct, then this is another pretty big blow for the industry. Although it does seem to happen at least once a year that a big local name gets killed off. Someone else always steps up

There is no one else. There's Sega and that's it in brisbane now. Everyone else is under 10 people.

also first Auran, then Pandemic, then Krome, now THQ and KMM.

I don't know the Melbourne scene well enough but I haven't heard much good news there either.

Bernbaum

THQ :(

Say hello to a AAA and casual smartphone game only market. Goodbye middle tier. Poor sales of de Blob and Red Faction must be tough - THQ make great middle tier games despite never really having had a runaway hit.

I am now bored with LA Noire. It is repetitive and the shortfallings of the game's core interrogation mechanic (which were excusable early on in the game) are far more apparent.

-

New Kanye/Jay-Z is a thing that is great.

The drumwork on Lykke Li’s “Wounded Rhymes” is also one of the gems of the musical year, as of course is Ms Li herself.

A mate educated me on ‘The XX’ this past weekend and because of that is now a better friend than he was on Friday.

Choc said:
KMM just bought Team Bondi IP and Assets

a film studio just bought LA Noire,

Wow
Hopefully a good thing. Having people above McNamara that can hold him to account and who disgruntled employes can complain too has to help.

Top Bottom