• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Agyar

EatChildren said:
Man, the guys and gals I spoke to at Blue Tongue were all so nice and positive about de Blob 2. It was a really awesome game too :(.
It's all Bern's because he bought Kilkzone instead of DeBlob 2. Fact.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
Gamecard.com.au
Word of warning to those who have used this site previously: Currently, to login you have to enter your email address and your surname. Weird, but if you have any personal details on that site you may wish to be careful. I don't think they accept credit cards (so that info isn't on there) but your address is kind of open to be viewed if that sort of thing worries you.
reptilescorpio said:
She should be fired. From a cannon. Into the sun. Get a real job inverse-hippy.
Futurama pilot episode quote FTW.

Kritz

Banned
Dirt 2: Installed
Dirt 3: Not even purchased
Skill level: woeful
Chances of spending entire game time honking horn and crashing into people: 90%
Kritz: Kritz

trinest

VOOK said:
He isn't.
Don't tell people my secret that I type like shit unless intoxicated (and I'm not joking about that either :/)

AusQB said:
One Petrol please.

Maybe now Digital Distribution is the future I can get a tag that relates to my horrible spelling.

Jintor said:
Wait Steam has friend category organization? FINALLY

Wait...what *runs to Steam*

As for the dirt thing- I don't even own any of the dirts.

jambo said:
But power bill.

The environment.

D=
But the bitcoins!

:(

Also it is a myth that leaving a computer on all day uses lots of power. At least that is what I tell my other half. The $300 bill is totally from her using her hair dryer too much.

Fogz

Hope the internet is switched on at my new place by the weekend, would totally be up for some Dirt 3!

Maybe in the meantime I can practice and possibly finish the first race :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
jambo said:
But power bill.

The environment.

D=

I know, I don't pay the bills though so eh! :D

I've been thinking about turning it off though and building a little 30w server that does what my main rig needs to do + backs up my shit + saves energy. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Yagharek

Hey vook, has your AUS 3ds e shop news tab updated to say you're an ambassador? Mine hasn't, but I've got the spot pass notification announcing the program. I've updated to latest FW and bought two games earlier this week.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
RandomVince said:
Hey vook, has your AUS 3ds e shop news tab updated to say you're an ambassador? Mine hasn't, but I've got the spot pass notification announcing the program. I've updated to latest FW and bought two games earlier this week.

I'll check when I get home, are others?

I did get the Spotpass about it.

Jintor

Now there are clashes between militia groups and looters in London... the whole situation is really zombie apocolypse, what with most of the social media networks still online and the media's endless speculation. Thankfully without people magically turning into looters, I guess

Choc

Banned
Jintor said:
Now there are clashes between militia groups and looters in London... the whole situation is really zombie apocolypse, what with most of the social media networks still online and the media's endless speculation. Thankfully without people magically turning into looters, I guess

David Cameron just needs to send in the Army and tanks, The Times UK for once is right

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really wish the fucking useless landlord and/or real estate agent would call and confirm someone will come out and fix the bust pipe in our front yard. It's kind of annoying having the water turned off.

jambo

markot said:
Hay mr slow poke, I heard your favourite pokemon was slowpoke! And then Slowbro! Followed by Slowking!

2CWKJ.gif
Z1B83.gif

legend166

Marshmellow said:
would anyone be kind enough/happen to have the pc specs of legend's pc he just built or something similar. thanks

lol, why didn't you just ask me?

I got:

AsRock Z68 Pro 3
Intel i5-2500K
G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3 1600 - 8G (4Gx2)
Sapphire Radeon 6970HD 2GB
Coolermaster HAF RC-912A
Corsair HX-650 650W
Crucial 64GB SSD
Samsung 2TB(HD204UI) F4EG EcoGreen HDD

legend166 said:
lol, why didn't you just ask me?

I got:

AsRock Z68 Pro 3
Intel i5-2500K
G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3 1600 - 8G (4Gx2)
Sapphire Radeon 6970HD 2GB
Coolermaster HAF RC-912A
Corsair HX-650 650W
Crucial 64GB SSD
Samsung 2TB(HD204UI) F4EG EcoGreen HDD

Lol should have but hadn't seen u post all day, thanks heaps man.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Such a good system. I have nearly the exact same setup, with the only hardware differences being the MBO (Asus P8P67) and the GPU (GTX 570).

Choc said:
David Cameron just needs to send in the Army and tanks, The Times UK for once is right
Put poison in the beer. Job done. All the nice, law abiding people only drink water.

Edit: So psyched for my tax return. New PC ahoy. 2500k madness shall ensue.

Also EatChildren call the local council since it is a waste of water. They will put pressure on the real estate to get it fixed asap. Considering it took our landlord 3 weeks to get a lock on the rear door it is irritating to work in public housing maintenance where everything has to be done at the drop of a hat, even a letterbox is a super urgent deal.

VOOK

Clipper if you have a shot of the message or 'Ambassador' tag can you snap one for me and send my way? Would be doing a huge favour.

EatChildren

reptilescorpio said:
Also EatChildren call the local council since it is a waste of water. They will put pressure on the real estate to get it fixed asap. Considering it took our landlord 3 weeks to get a lock on the rear door it is irritating to work in public housing maintenance where everything has to be done at the drop of a hat, even a letterbox is a super urgent deal.

I might have to. Our landlord is your stereotypical old Greek guy with deep pockets who insists on fixing every problem we have with this old house himself, regardless of the insane amount of time it takes him to actually come out and do it, and the terrible half arsed job he always does. Last time we had lock problems on a door and window, and for well over a month he never came out despite our requests, and eventually we pushed the real estate agent to make the call themselves.

Choc

Banned
EatChildren said:
I might have to. Our landlord is your stereotypical old Greek guy with deep pockets who insists on fixing every problem we have with this old house himself, regardless of the insane amount of time it takes him to actually come out and do it, and the terrible half arsed job he always does. Last time we had lock problems on a door and window, and for well over a month he never came out despite our requests, and eventually we pushed the real estate agent to make the call themselves.

and if you got robbed you could have sued the shit out of him

Deeku

VOOK said:
Clipper if you have a shot of the message or 'Ambassador' tag can you snap one for me and send my way? Would be doing a huge favour.
If clipper isn't around I could do it. Is it just the one on the eshop news panel?

EatChildren

Choc said:
and if you got robbed you could have sued the shit out of him

Even then he'd probably try and be his own lawyer.

hAULV.png

Threw this together, thoughts? Wouldn't mind bringing price down a bit. somewhere 1500-2000 would be good.(trying to buy higher end so expecting this)
Included both monitors for opinions, not sure weather its worth investing in a 3D monitor.
Pretty sure it all works together.

Thanks

Fredescu

You have a first gen i7 in there? A 2500k or even a 2600k would be cheaper and faster, and the compatible motherboards are cheapter too.

VOOK

commanderdeek said:
If clipper isn't around I could do it. Is it just the one on the eshop news panel?

Yeah man just want to slip it into a news story.

<3

EatChildren

jambo said:
Why do you need a GTX 580 for a 23" screen? =\

Physical size of the screen wont matter. Resolution will.

And yeah, listen to Fredescu. You also probably wont notice the benefit of RAM at that speed, and could shave off ~$70 going something cheaper yet still 8GB.

jambo

EatChildren said:
Physical size of the screen wont matter. Resolution will.

I know that -__-

I just meant why does he need such a powerful graphics card if he'll be running at 1920x1080. A GTX 570 does fine at that res, 580s are normally for 2560x1600 or multi monitor set ups.

Top Bottom