• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jintor said:
Hey Vooks, how's your fitness dealio goin'?

Fitness is alright, put a couple of kilos on since winter and haven't been riding around. Nothing to worry about, after 2 years of straight loss and losing 78kgs it had to rebound sometime.

reptilescorpio said:
Oh snap! First reply always wins! You are a top bloke Vook. If you were on Steam I would gift you a game.

<3

Fredescu said:

Yeah that's me, I needa change my groups logo...

Gazunta

Who here feels up for beta testing a website? No prizes, no rewards but the warm fuzzy glow of helping a Gazunta. It's not exactly the most complex site in the world either :)

I know it's going against the AusGAF rules but the site is games related.

Gazunta said:
Who here feels up for beta testing a website? No prizes, no rewards but the warm fuzzy glow of helping a Gazunta. It's not exactly the most complex site in the world either :)

Me Me Me ! I have internet access again!

Also Vook expect a steam gift. IF you accept my friend request :)

hamchan

legend166 said:
Guys, should I read The Dark Tower?

I've stalled in the middle of the 4th book but I quite liked the first 3 books so yeah, go for it.

EDIT: Wtf there's an 8th dark tower book coming out next year 0_o

I thought it was over.

legend166 said:
You should. The first few were written over such a long period of time that they are really enjoyable to see how King changed over the years, what direction his writing was going, who was influencing him at that point, etc. The last few books were bashed out fairly quickly considering everything that he went through. The graphic novel (comic) extrapolates on the early part of the story REALLY well. I recommend the comics just as much as the early books.

Man, Steam really needs better searching options. I was wondering what sort of stuff my HTPC could play, and what would be suitable to play with a gamepad. I'm still wondering.

Bernbaum said:
LA Noire is a chore. OCD demands that I finish it.
Take on an apprentice to do your shitty jobs such as achievement whoring or game completion. Works well with movies that all your work mates quote too. They can make up nice little summary cheat sheets.

Bernbaum

Also, I think I don't like video games anymore.

I played Portal 2 and I could see it was an exceptional game. All the pieces were there, it was immaculate and yet I felt nothing.

Oh, and it's bedtime. That means HOURLY CARCASSONE IPHONE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS MOTHERFUCKER between now and getting off the train for work tomorrow.

Nemesis_

Gazunta said:

I don't think I'd mind doing that for you :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:

I played Portal 2 and I could see it was an exceptional game. All the pieces were there, it was immaculate and yet I felt nothing..

You're now me Bern, CONGRATS!

Also is anyone else interesting in a regegade ops 4 pack over steam? There's x3n and myself so far. $10 for the game or if you're real cheap you can try get it from the US for $7.50.

Fuck it's foggy and frosty in Melbourne this morning, I can't feel my face D:

Bernbaum said:

I played Portal 2 and I could see it was an exceptional game. All the pieces were there, it was immaculate and yet I felt nothing.
I still like video games and had pretty much the same reaction. The game was polished, smart, well put together, but emotionally it wasn't really there.

It started off well, but mid-way through the game lost any emotional connection I had to it. I still enjoyed it, but it was more a tech demo than an engaging game.

markot

Banned
Ok, if you felt like that about portal 2 you need to go see a doctor because you are suffering from a severe mental disorder and may be a psychopath who is unable to feel emotion.

This time around it always felt like people were spazzing out just because it was Portal and that's what you do when a Portal game comes out.

I still haven't played it.

markot

Banned
Megadrive said:
This time around it always felt like people were spazzing out just because it was Portal and that's what you do when a Portal game comes out.

I still haven't played it.
You are so wrong that it hurt my brain.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
markot said:
Ok, if you felt like that about portal 2 you need to go see a doctor because you are suffering from a severe mental disorder and may be a psychopath who is unable to feel emotion.

Portal 2 was meant to have emotion? Considering all the characters were damm similar to each other and it tried way too hard to be funny, It was flawed in the emotional attachment aspect you're trying to sell.

Portal 1 barely had any emotional aspect to it either apart from the silly companion cube. Glados wasn't something to be loved or even hated, it was just there.

There was nothing emotional about either game.

It was humourous, sure, and Wheatley was a fantastic character. The early part of the game, what with the
escape from the box, when you first meet GLaDOS again, etc
was great, but as it wore on it became more a lonely experience without much to hold me emotionally.

Not to say I didn't enjoy it, but it just felt kind of... hollow, without much depth.

Gazunta

Bern you need to play Rainbow Islands, that's what I always do when I hate games.

I play Rainbow Islands every day

Nah it's cool your tastes are changing. Also I can't overestimate how much of a difference the iPad and even the iPhone has made to my daily gaming habit. Instead of flicking on the Xbox and subjecting the wife to games about moving sand around on the TV I just play
and kick Bern and Agyar's ass at
Carcassonne, Drop 7 and the EXCELLENT Magnetic Billiards on the iPad.

And I'll start sending out PM's now about the site testing. Thanks lads, don't get too excited :)

Omi said:
Emotional attachment is required to be a good game now?
I think most games with a story need some sort of emotional hook to make you invested, yes. You don't have to like the characters, but you have to feel something toward them.

Pikelet

legend166 said:
It's an interesting series, some parts of the story drag though and i find King's writing to be hit and miss.

A few of the books are completely different in tone/setting and I actually found those to be the best. There are much better fantasy books out there but they are worth a read.

Omikron

codswallop said:
I think most games with a story need some sort of emotional hook to make you invested, yes. You don't have to like the characters, but you have to feel something toward them.

Yes and no, personally. The overriding principle to me is is the game fun to play.

roosters93 said:

The droid version is well done, just needs farking MP.

markot

Banned
My only disappointment with portal 2 was that the puzzles felt more 'controllerised' in that the twitch puzzles from the first game seemed to be completely gone. Not that there were many but still.

Agyar

Omi said:
The droid version is well done, just needs farking MP.

I heard it wasn't very good. Different developer to the iOS one, which is swish other than them taking years to bring the expansions to it. The async multiplayer is amazing
even if my ELO is dropping like a brick at the moment

jambo

I ordered a shirt from TeeFury in the wrong size -__- anyone want it?

kYmD4.jpg

Medium.

Jintor

I kind of gel what you mean about Portal 2, but 'tries to hard to be funny' is just a thing people say when it's not funny to them and they're mystified about why everybody else thinks it's hilarious

jambo

I thought Portal 2 was brilliant, I've played the SP all the way through at least 3 times and the cross-platform co-op with Clipper was just wonderful.

Only game I've ever 100 percented!

Omikron

Agyar said:
I heard it wasn't very good. Different developer to the iOS one, which is swish other than them taking years to bring the expansions to it. The async multiplayer is amazing
even if my ELO is dropping like a brick at the moment

It is a decent implementation, rules are nice, runs well (on Galaxy sII) etc, has River II expansion which is a must.

Just yeah, no MP.

Was only a few bucks however.

Choc

Banned
Here's where we play the game of can aon say the name of the EA PR woman correctly

she has quite the unique name.

:p Aon

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
It is a decent implementation, rules are nice, runs well (on Galaxy sII) etc, has River II expansion which is a must.

Just yeah, no MP.

Was only a few bucks however.

in other news, Omi did you see West Ham and Millwall fans joined together to protect Upton Park from looters

crazy times we live.

Also 90% of PL is on @ this stage and all of championship.

:D

Omikron

Choc said:
in other news, Omi did you see West Ham and Millwall fans joined together to protect Upton Park from looters

crazy times we live.

Also 90% of PL is on @ this stage and all of championship.

:D

Hehe no, I didn't see that, did watch a video on the Guardian of the Millwall guys 'protecting' Eltham however.

Got a link?

Choc

Banned
trying to find

someone told me about it at work.

also, funny. Today most guys in the office have premiership shirts on of their favourite teams

i have sunderland of course, but we have an arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, villa and even everton shirt :)

crazy thing is none of us were like we should do this, lol we all just wore it today.

THE SEASON IS UPON US

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jintor said:
I kind of gel what you mean about Portal 2, but 'tries to hard to be funny' is just a thing people say when it's not funny to them and they're mystified about why everybody else thinks it's hilarious

I found parts of it funny, There's no question on that. It just felt tiring after so many hours and for some reason every character started to feel the same. They all had their own little witty remarks but that's all it really was, which is why it felt like it was trying too hard to be funny. Lots of one liners and little else.

Top Bottom