• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
i want the jp game :(

gaz that 3ds might come in handy for...

also

605957-riotspoof.jpg

lols

Jintor

evlcookie said:
I found parts of it funny, There's no question on that. It just felt tiring after so many hours and for some reason every character started to feel the same. They all had their own little witty remarks but that's all it really was, which is why it felt like it was trying too hard to be funny. Lots of one liners and little else.

Eh, the way characters are setup in Aperture can't support any other form of humour, really. It's probably more that Portal's style of humour is great over about 3 hours and less so over 6 or 7.

Aon

Gazunta said:
Purchase a 3DS or print a book...hmmm decisions decisions.

Reptile, Mega, Aon, nemesis, read your PMs plz :)

Seems to work great Gaz! Even the RSS feed, which a lot of comic sites handle pretty badly. Tested using chrome on OSX and Win7.

Yagharek

Choc said:
trying to find

someone told me about it at work.

also, funny. Today most guys in the office have premiership shirts on of their favourite teams

i have sunderland of course, but we have an arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, villa and even everton shirt :)

crazy thing is none of us were like we should do this, lol we all just wore it today.

THE SEASON IS UPON US

I think you mean 5under1and. :p

Now to see whether or not Mike Ashley would have been better off building a house made of sandwiches from the Carroll sale. Go Newcastle!

Jintor

I'm not allowing myself to get hyped over Blu Ray stuff until I finally get a PS3

I got paid today but now I want to save the money again...

senahorse

RED ORCHESTRA 2: HEROES OF STALINGRAD Computer Games (Multi Platform)

Strong war violence, Gaming experience may change online
Classification
MA 15+
Consumer Advice
Category
Computer Games
Version
ORIGINAL
Duration
Variable
Date of Classification
08/11/2011
Author
TRIPWIRE INTERACTIVE
Publisher
LACE MAMBA GLOBAL

Choc

Banned
poor iinet

going against all legal argument, precendants and generally common sense, the high court granted the film industry leave to appeal to teh high court which means they can take it to the high court

i will rofl so hard if the HC goes with iinet, which they should

Steve Bruce has bought well, Newcastle has bought... nothing?

actually dunno, loads up times.co.uk to open big premiership guide to check.

also wat:

OUTRAGE at Melbourne primary school that made entire classes go to the toilet if just one child needed to use the loo.

Frawdder

x3n05 said:
RED ORCHESTRA 2: HEROES OF STALINGRAD Computer Games (Multi Platform)

Classification
MA 15+
Awesome. Bought once I finish this assignment.

Kritz said:
Which game on which night?
Most likely to be Dirt 3 tonight and depending how well that goes it might be Dirt 3 again tomorrow. But if there is people who want to play Dirt 2 they can do so, I only put Dirt 2 there as to not alienate anybody that didn't own Dirt 3 and wanted to participate in some form of games night.

Shaneus

Quickie: With the new R18+ regulations, any idea when we'll start seeing games rated as such? What about post-rating games that were banned (like MK and L4D2)?

IIRC O'Connor said "a matter of months", so I would bet from the start of 2012 (as doing it earlier wouldn't make sense since it's so close to the end of the year).

Rating games after the fact would require the publisher to re-submit them, so probably won't happen with many, if any.

Echoplx

Kritz said:
The steam page no longer says low violence. Will probably buy it when I get home. 20% off :D

Get it on GMG

Standard edition for 27$ or Deluxe for 33$ use the code: SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC

Registers on Steam and you get the key right away :)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Going to copy my Twitter rant in here;

Hey Nintendo, I'd rather have nothing than the half arsed GBA emulation you're giving us. Throwing half arsed free shit at isn't a solution.

Everything you do lately seems like it's not 100%, I'd rather pay for great GBA emulation with MP support. And so my 3DS can actually sleep.

Use that 50 billion dollars you have and do something with it. You've got one lifelong fan who's wondering what's the fucking point anymore.

Yes I'm talking about my site.

Nintendo have been making fucking stupid decisions for decades. They were lucky with the NES, did well with the SNES (and pissed everyone off in the process), started on a downhill slump with the N64 and faster downhill with the GameCube. They were again lucky with Wii and then pissed off their biggest customers.

Their history is littered with huge successes and embarrassingly stupid mistakes. I guess the best thing is that in a generation or two they'll be due for another lucky win.

VOOK

codswallop said:
Nintendo have been making fucking stupid decisions for decades. They were lucky with the NES, did well with the SNES (and pissed everyone off in the process), started on a downhill slump with the N64 and faster downhill with the GameCube. They were again lucky with Wii and then pissed off their biggest customers.

Their history is littered with huge successes and embarrassingly stupid mistakes. I guess the best thing is that in a generation or two they'll be due for another lucky win.

The Wii didn't piss me off in the slightest.

I bought 4 of them.

Kritz

Banned
3chopl0x said:
Get it on GMG

Standard edition for 27$ or Deluxe for 33$ use the code: SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC

Registers on Steam and you get the key right away :)
Not bad. I winder where they get their keys from to be so cheap.

O wonder if the deluxe version also has HATS?!?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nintendo weren't 'lucky', they were smart and played their cards right. Credit where credit is due.

The problem with Nintendo is that for every good thing they do they do something else stupid. They prove they 'get it' with one product or idea, and then make it obvious they dont with another. They're still one of the best software developers in the industry, yet also the most incompetent major corporation when it comes to online. Every time Iwata, Miyamoto or whoever downplays the importance of online and digital networking I cringe, as its so fucking stupid.

Nintendo is the abusive girlfriend. She makes you feel like shit, but the sex is so good you keep going back.

pilonv1

Two nights of Dirt? Fantastic, been waiting for this for a while.

I think if anyone deliberately tried to make the 3DS any less appealing you couldn't do a better job than Nintendo has.

Echoplx

Kritz said:
Not bad. I winder where they get their keys from to be so cheap.

O wonder if the deluxe version also has HATS?!?

Well they get them from the publisher :p I assume they take the loss from the extra 20% coupon because they're awesome.

And yeah you get the hats from the deluxe version at GMG as well.

Fredescu

The old retail console games model is shrinking rapidly, and Nintendo seem to be the slowest and worst at transitioning to new the digital/social paradigm.

lol I said paradigm.

Rezbit

Yeah, Nintendo not that great at the moment. Apart from mostly shitty third party, I loved N64 and GC. Some of my favourite games ever on them. Can't quite say as much for Wii. Won't buy Wii U at launch.

I don't regret buying a 3DS as such...but they really did manage to fuck up what should be a great little unit. I mean the hardware is there and I really like it, but where are the games, where is the implementation of features, where are the 3D movies, etc. etc.

VOOK

Clipper said:
Haven't you got 4 3DSes?

Yes, I know you didn't buy all of them, but still...

I personally have 3 Nintendo 3DS's. 1 Japanese one bought myself, 1 American one bought myself and an Australian one given to me by Nintendo 3DS from the launch party competition. Which I probably would have got as a media unit anyway. Felt totally guilty about that. The fourth 3DS is my brothers.

I also have 4 Wii's. 1 White (modded) one launch system, One Black one for my Dad and Mario Kart, one 25th Mario one that doesn't get played and Black one for a backup drive or to give away on the site if I feel like it.

I also have 8 diferent DS's. 2 DS Phat, 1 Japanese Silver DS Lite, 1 White DS Lite, 1 Black Japanese DSi, 1 White Australian DSi, 1 Red Burgandy Red DSi XL and I'm sure I have another DSi floating around somewhere.

There's also a 1 GameCube, 2 N64's, a SNES, two NES's, 10+ Game Boy's of various description and a Virtual Boy at my house. Probably 500+ games and countless accessories including a 64DD, Game Boy Player, Game Boy Cameras, Link Cables and even one of those stupid e-Readers.

VOOK said:
The Wii didn't piss me off in the slightest.

I bought 4 of them.
Four? LOL. Maybe not "pissed off", but perhaps "alienated" is better. I bought a Wii on launch night -- the only console I've ever done that with -- but haven't found enough games worth playing that it's now unplugged. I know there's some good stuff, but they've been so few and far between that I just stopped looking for them.

Jintor

It's just a tit to get any of the good Wii games, they're long lost nowadays, EB shelves are full of shovelware (not that I shop at EB really except for stuff I want at launch)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
codswallop said:
Four? LOL. Maybe not "pissed off", but perhaps "alienated" is better. I bought a Wii on launch night -- the only console I've ever done that with -- but haven't found enough games worth playing that it's now unplugged. I know there's some good stuff, but they've been so few and far between that I just stopped looking for them.

I love the Wii's library. Obvious flaws aside, I have 40+ games and there's only a five or so that I consider not really worth it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My body is broken, I might pass out half way through dirt 3 tonight! If it happens of course, In classic ausgaf PC style.

Yagharek

I can see why Nintendo piss people off, but I find they're a great platform for people like me who are sick of the hype cycle. So many games this past decade have been billed as the next best thing with epic stories, Oscar calibre writing etc. And without fail, they end up being pants. GTA 4, halo 3, heavy rain, mgs4, Fallout 3 etc.

At least a Nintendo game is likely to a) work and b) be complete, not requiring a nickel and dime piecemeal approach to finishing it via dlc.

I find myself after quality not quantity these days, and not having finished them in the past (due to playing cinematic overyhyped games) means I have things like metroid trilogy to finish or ocarina of time too.

And I have zero interest in iOS stuff, I have enough trouble typing out this message on a smartphone let alone playing anything requiring a semblance of action.

For what its worth though, the only good cinematic game in the past five years was half life 2 episode 2. Batman arkham asylum is 2nd in line.

Can you tell I'm jaded with the games industry?

Omikron

evlcookie said:
My body is broken, I might pass out half way through dirt 3 tonight! If it happens of course, In classic ausgaf PC style.

Who knew breaking a belt could be so damaging to ones health.

Top Bottom