• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
RandomVince said:
I can see why Nintendo piss people off, but I find they're a great platform for people like me who are sick of the hype cycle. So many games this past decade have been billed as the next best thing with epic stories, Oscar calibre writing etc. And without fail, they end up being pants. GTA 4, halo 3, heavy rain, mgs4, Fallout 3 etc.

At least a Nintendo game is likely to a) work and b) be complete, not requiring a nickel and dime piecemeal approach to finishing it via dlc.

I find myself after quality not quantity these days, and not having finished them in the past (due to playing cinematic overyhyped games) means I have things like metroid trilogy to finish or ocarina of time too.

And I have zero interest in iOS stuff, I have enough trouble typing out this message on a smartphone let alone playing anything requiring a semblance of action.

For what its worth though, the only good cinematic game in the past five years was half life 2 episode 2. Batman arkham asylum is 2nd in line.

Can you tell I'm jaded with the games industry?

Did you read my article did ya?

The only 'big blockbuster' games I'm buying this year is Uncharted and Battlefield 3. Pretty much everything else Driver, Saints Row, Batman - will be avoiding until they're in the bargain bin in 6 months or on Steam for cheap. Life's so much easier.

VOOK

Anyone able to translate into Japanese? Time I wrote a letter to one Mr Satoru Iwata.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I find myself buying less 'blockbusters' and more middle games, or games that end up bombing because everybody has terrible taste (see: Vanquish and Shadows of the Damned).

Or maybe they bomb because I buy them.

Oh god.

VOOK

EatChildren said:
I find myself buying less 'blockbusters' and more middle games, or games that end up bombing because everybody has terrible taste (see: Vanquish and Shadows of the Damned).

Or maybe they bomb because I buy them.

Oh god.

Buy MW3 and teach Activision a lesson.

VOOK

codswallop said:
I'll be in Kyoto next month if you'd like it hand-delivered.

You can't get even close to the building, it's like a prison camp around it.

Gazunta

Vook would it be fair to say that part of your disillusionment with Nintendo is that your loyalty to them has not been rewarded?

Because Presidog is VERY loyal.

Thanks for the feedback folk. It's been easier making this site than I thought.

Yagharek

VOOK said:
Did you read my article did ya?

The only 'big blockbuster' games I'm buying this year is Uncharted and Battlefield 3. Pretty much everything else Driver, Saints Row, Batman - will be avoiding until they're in the bargain bin in 6 months or on Steam for cheap. Life's so much easier.

Haven't even seen that article yet! Might go read it and see what there is to see...

VOOK said:
You can't get even close to the building, it's like a prison camp around it.
Yeah, I've seen the photos. I briefly considered a pilgrimage to it, but then realised actually getting there would be the most interesting part of the whole venture.

VOOK

Gazunta said:
Vook would it be fair to say that part of your disillusionment with Nintendo is that your loyalty to them has not been rewarded?

Nothing to do with being rewarded, I don't want a medal or free games. I just want them to fix their shit.

codswallop said:
Yeah, I've seen the photos. I briefly considered a pilgrimage to it, but then realised actually getting there would be the most interesting part of the whole venture.

If you get off the train station at Kyoto and walk straight out of it and keep walking for about 2km's you'll find it. I went there earlier this year. Nice walk through Kyoto to get there.

Yagharek

legend166 said:
It's the "Is PC gaming turning into a civil war" thread.

Sounds more like a world war than a civil war.

I'd I've learnt anything from gaf, its that there are dozens of shills willing to sell out consumer interests to corporate ones. You're arguing with those people who equate used sales or lending a game to friends as piracy.

VOOK

RandomVince said:
My god, vook. That article was right on the fucking money.

Been doing that the past two years, still haven't played half the crap GAF goes on about every day but don't care.

Choc said:
has someone made a forum post on gaf about vooks editorial?

I've posted it before in some other threads, but never made a topic about it. Dunno if someone else did.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Choc said:
has someone made a forum post on gaf about vooks editorial?

Its a year old, so who knows.

Ydahs

Oh God I'm fat :(

I've gained nearly eight kilos in one year. Loose jeans are becoming tight jeans. Time to lose weight...

Choc

Banned
DLC is this generations greatest failing

it could have been (and Episodes from LC showed this) amazing

also

Nintendo Australia just extended ambassador past estore

Instead of being automatically registered for the program by connecting to the Nintendo eShop, 3DS owners will now have to download a PDF from Nintendo Australia’s website, and post in that form along with proof of purchase. You’ll have until September 30 to do so.

EatChildren

Jesus fucking christ Nintendo.

EDIT: Oh, I read that wrong. I thought everybody who wanted to register now had to do it, even if they had already connected to the eShop.

Clipper

Choc said:
DLC is this generations greatest failing

it could have been (and Episodes from LC showed this) amazing

also

Nintendo Australia just extended ambassador past estore

Instead of being automatically registered for the program by connecting to the Nintendo eShop, 3DS owners will now have to download a PDF from Nintendo Australia’s website, and post in that form along with proof of purchase. You’ll have until September 30 to do so.
This might be Kritz' saving grace. He left it until this morning to try to update his 3DS to access the eShop for the first time and failed. Now, let's see if he kept his receipt.

Rezbit said:
Link?? WTF is this shit? Now I have to go through some convoluted process? SMH.
It's only an option. If you connected to the eShop already, you don't have to do it.

Rezbit

Oh, so it's for early owners who haven't ALREADY accessed eShop? Weird sentence. Or I suck at reading. As per usual. I think my eyes just got drawn to the bold.

Clipper

pilonv1 said:
If only there was some form of communication in 2011 that allowed you to register for things electronically
It is registered electronically. This is just for the fools that didn't try updating to get the eShop until today. If they are going to do this by receipts, they can't do it online. Otherwise everyone could just use the same image...

Rezbit said:
Oh, so it's for early owners who haven't ALREADY accessed eShop? Weird sentence. Or I suck at reading. As per usual. I think my eyes just got drawn to the bold.
Yes, the bolded sentence is confusing if you take it on its own, but when you take into account that this is an extended method rather than a replacement according to Choc's previous sentence it makes sense.

EatChildren

Rezbit said:

Choc ninja edited his own meltdown out, which further confused me :p.

Jintor

We still don't have confirmation on Aussie 3DS's if we're enrolled or not, although I assume all this DSiware on my system will serve as proof

Choc

Banned
Flight sim is the biggest slippery slope ever :(

in the last week i have purchased the following add ons

-PMG 747 (as real as it gets)
-Airbus A380 (as real as it gets)
-Sydney and Melbourne airport updates
-Aussie texture upgrades

>__________________________________________________________<

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
... as DLC?

seperate upgrade packages :) It's not DLC for the game, people build addons and spend lots of time doing it and they are very high quality. Its not Microsoft adding things on for a quick buck.

chocy82au pilon

Fredescu

Before he manages to dig himself a deeper hole, I think Choc's initial point about DLC being a "failing" is not that it exists, but the general quality and value proposition of most of what we've seen.

Choc

Banned
Frawdder said:
Wait, you bought an update and textures?

because it takes it from shithouse frawd to photorealistic

and they are only $20 and the amoutn of effort that goes into them is phenomonal.

until you guys get the flight sim drug injected into you (if ever) you won't get it :(

Want to get a heathrow one but its $80, yeah not buying that >_<

markot

Banned
Games like the railworks and stuff are actually dlc done right imo >.<

Its the stupid map packs and curmudgeon crap (Horse armour!) that stinks.

Choc said:
seperate upgrade packages :) It's not DLC for the game, people build addons and spend lots of time doing it and they are very high quality. Its not Microsoft adding things on for a quick buck.
It's Content that you downloaded, isn't it? *g*

More seriously though, DLC as it stands now is mostly a terrible thing. It could be awesome (I still believe in you, episodic gaming!), but it's not.

Frawdder

Choc said:
because it takes it from shithouse frawd to photorealistic

and they are only $20 and the amoutn of effort that goes into them is phenomonal.

until you guys get the flight sim drug injected into you (if ever) you won't get it :(

Want to get a heathrow one but its $80, yeah not buying that >_<
I play iRacing and almost own all the content...I get it.

And am much poorer because of it (thankfully nothing is $20 a pop in iRacing)

EatChildren

I miss expansion packs. I miss stuff like Tribunal and Bloodmoon, or strategy game expansion packs, where you got hours and hours of extra content.

I've heard the New Vegas add-ons are good value for money, as are the two GTAIV episodes.

Top Bottom