• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Anyone got a copy of Terraria sitting around? care to gift it to me i'm happy to send you like $5 if you want.

Omi - Looked at that game $62 but the guy quoted me $96 for shipping "because its just that heavy"

so unless you go in for one as well its totally not worth it.

Fogz

EatChildren said:
Every morning. Every fucking morning. Of the last two years. My housemate has coughed and spluttered her lungs out when she has woken up for her morning shower. Every fucking morning of two years.

Yet she still insists she doesn't have anything wrong with her lungs.

Fucking moron.

The gf has something similar, never smoked, not asthmatic, but seems to be forever coughing and spluttering. AFAIK she's been all checked out and they can't find anything actually wrong.

I've just learned to ignore it :p

Jintor

MrSerrels said:
lol! For the record, I'm thinking of doing a follow up!

Hey Serrels, to what extent do you think publications should be relying on the personalities of their writers?

My go to examples here are probably you, Goose, Malky, the freelance team at PCPP/Hyper (though I'm biased there obviously), and Giantbomb, with negative examples like whoever runs Destructoid and the KotakuUS guys (although you probably have a better relationship with them)

Jintor said:
Hey Serrels, to what extent do you think publications should be relying on the personalities of their writers?

My go to examples here are probably you, Goose, Malky, the freelance team at PCPP/Hyper (though I'm biased there obviously), and Giantbomb, with negative examples like whoever runs Destructoid and the KotakuUS guys (although you probably have a better relationship with them)
Dont forget RPS! New game journalism forever! Make that boring pr regurgitation entertaining shilling!

Omikron

Marshmellow said:
Anyone got a copy of Terraria sitting around? care to gift it to me i'm happy to send you like $5 if you want.

Omi - Looked at that game $62 but the guy quoted me $96 for shipping "because its just that heavy"

so unless you go in for one as well its totally not worth it.

Yeah, thats BS, think I might wait and see if a company/distributer here crops up. Does look interesting though! I like the theme :x

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't think i will be speed walking tonight, My legs are royally fucked. It feels like i've done a marathon.

GamesCon tomorrow, Lets get hype! I look forward to that HL3 teaser (that i totally just made up). YEAH!

MrSerrels

Jintor said:

If I had to sum it up, I'd say it's probably more important for the writer than the site - to create this sort of brand for themselves and a following.

But I'm far more willing to read something by someone who engages with their readers in a personable way.

Ydahs

So I just found out there's a very similar puzzle game on the App Store to the one I was working on in my spare time over the last couple of months :|

Kind of brings down that motivation a notch or two...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ydahs said:
So I just found out there's a very similar puzzle game on the App Store to the one I was working on in my spare time over the last couple of months :|

Is wrong I thought of Game Dev Story when I read that.

Ydahs said:

All the more reason to put it on Android!

Ydahs said:
There are no new ideas. Just make yours better than the other guys.

Ydahs

reptilescorpio said:
All the more reason to put it on Android!
It's on that too :\

I'm still going to release it since it was from the start meant to get me familiar with building games. Had a blast accomplishing what I've done so far and learned enough to better know how to tackle my next project.

Choc

Banned
did tony not say he shouldnt go to these things and then.....

ipad-art-wide-carbonrally2-420x0.jpg

Aon

This new hacker evolution is so weird. They've taken all the typing and stuff out of the game, which really kind of added to its weird sense of authenticity. It plays a bit more like Uplink now, for better or for worse. Bunch of weird mini games now. Fucking weird.

But who cares about any of that, because what's improtant is that it's filled with proper goddamn tunes. Yall owe it to yourselves to try out this here demo just to listen to some sweet as hell tunes.

http://www.hackerevolutionduality.com/

Two and a half hours without a post on a weeknight? What madness is this?

I started playing Diablo 2 again last night as a Necromancer. It feels like autopilot. Is it supposed to feel this way?

Kerrby

Banned
Got my Zelda CD today, thanks Ninty <3.

Also WTF at McGinnity getting suspended! So sick of the AFL being so soft and pathetic and shame on Petterd for complaining to the umpire.

Rezbit

Wow. What a disgrace. It's scary the amount of people out there still telling others what they can and can't do. What are they even on about? Barnaby Joyce what do your daughters having a husband have to do with anything? How would two dudes or two chicks marrying have ANY impact on that whatsoever?

Jintor

Those politicians are disgusting. They disgust me. I accept that relationships between same-sex couples aren't exactly the same as heterosexual relationships, because of biological reasons and the constant pressure from society for no fucking reason, but that doesn't make them less equal.

trinest

Omi said:
That is fucking discusting and anyone with power with views so primative and at the same time dispel any discussion or movement towards a goal when the general public wants it should be taken out of parliement.

If someone said this shit in a normal every day job they'd be fired for basically sexest remarks, same thing should happen in pareliement.

lol at cookie freakout.

The marriage argument is poor. If marriage was only between 2 people of the same religion I could understand but I'M getting married for fucks sake and I don't even believe in God. What is the big deal since divorce is legal too? If it was up to these (the people at the protest today I mean) people staying in a loveless marriage where the man beats the woman every night would be law. My gf said her problem with gay marriage was that they would want to get married in a church. But come on, we can't get married down the road in the bitchin' looking gothic masterpiece of a church because she is Uniting rather than Catholic. How is that any different for gay people? Turning them away should not cause a controversy because a church should be allowed to marry whoever they want. It is like saying that allowing meat exports means that farmers are allowed to beat their cattle to within an inch of their life.

Borderlands 2 teaser looks great.

F1 Online sounds awesome, if only for the micromanagement. Would probably never jump into the cockpit (hehe cock).

DmC looks like a LOT more fun now.

$40 360 controller? Get fit with Mel B for $15? Yes please.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm more worried about gay divorce and bland, loveless, routine, every-second Wednesday gay sex.

Wait, mightyape is an Australian website yet they charge $5 for postage? wtf

Ah so Wednesday is business time in the Rez household is it? More of a spontaneous man myself.

markot

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Wait, mightyape is an Australian website yet they charge $5 for postage? wtf

Ah so Wednesday is business time in the Rez household is it? More of a spontaneous man myself.
MIGHTYAPE IS NZLANDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

bloodxusb.jpg
Donating blood is yuck! I look like I have scurvy and leprosy at the same time. :(
Also since the last time I donated (nearly 2 years ago before I found out about the little guy) I have put on 20kg. :(
Although that was when I slimmed right down to 63kg before I got comfy in my current relationship and started eating red rock ships all the time. Also I am 6ft tall so it spreads out nicely

Omi said:
i have the opposite problem of large prominent veins. nurses always shout with glee as they dive for the biggest needle.

Trust me having big veins is a massive bonus when you have to get needles. Nothing worse than having someone have to dig around trying to find your vein.

Also yes i do love when i get patients with big veins lol.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Jintor said:
Those politicians are disgusting. They disgust me. I accept that relationships between same-sex couples aren't exactly the same as heterosexual relationships, because of biological reasons and the constant pressure from society for no fucking reason, but that doesn't make them less equal.

How dare you suggest politicians like the erudite Barnaby Joyce are cretinous and clearly batshit insane:

"We know that the best protection for those girls is that they get themselves into a secure relationship with a loving husband, and I want that to happen for them.
"I don't want any legislator to take that right away from me."

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dota 2 live stream tournament will be 6PM AEST.

FUCK YEA!

Although I probably won't get home until 6:30 / 7 but still, All night Dota2 this week. Sorry GSL/SC2, Were on a break.

Omikron

Sutton Dagger said:
Ahhh it makes my blood boil. Do these morons realise that things change and evolve over time, the typical marriage today is almost indistinguishable from the act of marriage in ancient Greece. It just boggles my mind that we still accept institutionalised bigotry in this fashion.

Oh to them its not bigotry, its a statement of fact.

Top Bottom