• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
midonnay said:
amateur hour by the blackmailer....

how hard is it to say "you've got a bomb around your neck and don't call the police"

according to the document pulver would probably have not called anyone otherwise.

the way the cops tracked him is impressive to say the least.

using your own RTA registered car is a but dumb as well

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rain, fuck off already, it's been going for hours now. I don't want to walk to the station in this, I really do need a larger umbrella, a manly one!

I went into a different train carriage this morning, new train girl! I and I got a seat next to the door since i only travel half way to the city. I hate fuckers who sit down in the far seat when a train is packed only to get off like 3 stations down. Fuck you buddy, stand for 5 minutes. Will see what else is hiding on that train tomorrow morning.

Stupid nonsensical adventures, fuck yeah.

Choc

Banned
raining in sydney to

also

The Opposition Leader was scheduled to visit a meat retailer in the suburb of Dickson, but had to head instead to an outlet in Fyshwick when it was discovered he wasn't welcome at his original destination.

Reporters waiting for him in Dickson, as advised by his office, had been told they were trespassing, while others were redirected by an Abbott staffer.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/ton...ff/story-e6frfkvr-1226116733049#ixzz1VFvBF5nX

lol

Omikron

evlcookie said:
Rain, fuck off already, it's been going for hours now. I don't want to walk to the station in this, I really do need a larger umbrella, a manly one!

I went into a different train carriage this morning, new train girl! I and I got a seat next to the door since i only travel half way to the city. I hate fuckers who sit down in the far seat when a train is packed only to get off like 3 stations down. Fuck you buddy, stand for 5 minutes. Will see what else is hiding on that train tomorrow morning.

Harden up and just deal with the rain. I haven't carried an umbrella in my 8 years working on Melbourne. :p

@choc - Abbott should just stfu, people are clearly getting sick of his 'no no no' appearances.

?oe?oe

I use a jumbo size umbrella for just myself. Especially in the large crowds heading from Redfern Station to the uni, I tend to walk slowly and I notice not many people pass me. :) Yes, I'm that guy!

Ydahs

evlcookie said:

Rain's awesome. I walked an hour in the rain on Monday. Around 5.5km. Was good.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ydahs said:
Rain's awesome. I walked an hour in the rain on Monday. Around 5.5km. Was good.

It is awesome but i don't want to sit or stand on the train / bus while i'm soaking wet.

Gotta protect my fancy jacket too!

jambo

I think I have to invite people to it, so next time I jump in I'll add a few people.

Post your TM2 names in here.

And I have no idea what the group actually does :lol

Omikron

jambo said:
I think I have to invite people to it, so next time I jump in I'll add a few people.

Post your TM2 names in here.

And I have no idea what the group actually does :lol

Can you use your TMU/TM1 usernames?

Fogz

VOOK said:
Anyone watch Curb? Hilarious show. Love it.

Yeah amazing show! Larry David is a bad man! :)
I need to catch up on the last couple of episodes that I missed while my internet was being moved over to my new place though.

Deeku

Jintor said:
One day I will make an epic manga about Cookie and Train Girl

just you wait
That would be awesome.

True story: when I was in school, a friend used to make comics about me and and how I wore a scarf. They were hilaaaaarrrrrious.

Choc

Banned
commanderdeek said:
That would be awesome.

True story: when I was in school, a friend used to make comics about me and and how I wore a scarf. They were hilaaaaarrrrrious.

is it now a game called Journey?

Choc

Banned
Earlier, Australian apple growers said they would label locally grown apples with special stickers in a campaign against the introduction of New Zealand imports.

"Our market research shows 70 per cent of the consumers would prefer to buy Australian produce over someone else's," said apple grower Brad Frankhauser.

yes but good luck with that if NZ apples are 50% cheaper. No one gives a fuck about that then

Rezbit

As a Tasmanian I have pretty much been bombarded with information from birth about quarantine and impure fruit and veg from other countries. I see from the article that regardless of the rest of AU, Tasmania is keeping it banned.

Choc

Banned
Rezbit said:
As a Tasmanian I have pretty much been bombarded with information from birth about quarantine and impure fruit and veg from other countries. I see from the article that regardless of the rest of AU, Tasmania is keeping it banned.

Rez, its a commonwealth decision and the commonwealth will over rule the state i think.

Basically we were told by the United Nations Trade Commission that our food imports were to restrictive in comparison to global trade agreements we have signed as a party to. So we have to change it else every other nation can impose massive tarrifs against us

Tasmania will have to fold else your apple export industry will get hit with a massive tarrif from every nation party to that UN agreement.

Omikron

Rezbit said:

Tasmania 8)

Rezbit

Choc said:
Rez, its a commonwealth decision and the commonwealth will over rule the state i think.

Basically we were told by the United Nations Trade Commission that our food imports were to restrictive in comparison to global trade agreements we have signed as a party to. So we have to change it else every other nation can impose massive tarrifs against us

Tasmania will have to fold else your apple export industry will get hit with a massive tarrif from every nation party to that UN agreement.

That will cause all sorts of shit, if it hasn't already. What a load of crap really, so we have to take NZ apples even though we don't need them and apples are already really inexpensive as is?

Choc

Banned
Rezbit said:
That will cause all sorts of shit, if it hasn't already. What a load of crap really, so we have to take NZ apples even though we don't need them and apples are already really inexpensive as is?

Yep. Because NZ takes stuff from us even though they don't need to, as do many other nations. This is called globalization and lots of countries signed up to UN trade.

It will happen in Tasmania because the problem is its not just apples that can get tarrifed, any of our exports can be if we don't change, and whichever industries get hurt by that will pour all sorts of shit on apples.

And the tarriff that the tas apples would get put on them would put the industry out of business anyway as the expense would be so high export.

Aon

commanderdeek said:
That would be awesome.

I had the same thing, except it was with the oddest girl in the year. Went to a special school sometimes, was supposedly a genious but not as far as I could tell, legally got her name changed or something halfway through year 10. That kind of thing.

Anyways she made comics about me as a super hero. Which focused on these boots I used to wear around in like year 9 because I couldn't do up shoelaces. It was fucking weird xD

Rezbit

Choc said:
Yep. Because NZ takes stuff from us even though they don't need to, as do many other nations. This is called globalization and lots of countries signed up to UN trade.

It will happen in Tasmania because the problem is its not just apples that can get tarrifed, any of our exports can be if we don't change, and whichever industries get hurt by that will pour all sorts of shit on apples.

And the tarriff that the tas apples would get put on them would put the industry out of business anyway as the expense would be so high export.

I thought globalization was about creating "free" and "open" markets. Not about making people take and send unnecessary shit and being a-holes to each other.

Choc

Banned
Rezbit said:
I thought globalization was about creating "free" and "open" markets. Not about making people take and send unnecessary shit and being a-holes to each other.

it is. and by us restricting food importation we are not having a free and open market are we.

thats the point.

Rezbit

Choc said:
it is. and by us restricting food importation we are not having a free and open market are we.

thats the point.

Surely it should be on a needs basis? You export things other people need. You import things you need. I'm no economist so what do I know. The world is full of extraneous processes. I see the whole thing as taking apples we don't need. So instead of supermarkets already wasting all the left over apples, let's chuck in some NZ apples to waste too!

Fredescu

Rezbit said:
Surely it should be on a needs basis? You export things other people need. You import things you need.!
It's on a profits basis. All they've done is remove the law that bans importation. They're not forcing anyone to import a certain quota or anything.

Costume Quest is SOOOOOO cute! Loving it so far. Totally worth $10.

RandomVince said:
Overloaded due to Trackmania? :eek:
VISA.
The way the game is meant to be played.

Jintor said:
Forget El Shaddai, I need me some Xenoblade
A real man would go for both. 2 screens. 2 consoles. Side. By. Side.

ClivePwned said:
I'm guessing I will be hitting up JB Hifi next week for Deus Ex.
Do we have any info in which of the console versions runs best
(I don't want the PC version for this- chief reason is to get far away from my computer)
It's like $35 on PC. Spend the saved money on a long HDMI cable to connect the pc to your tv. Problem solvered!

evlcookie said:
I went into a different train carriage this morning, new train girl! I and I got a seat next to the door since i only travel half way to the city. I hate fuckers who sit down in the far seat when a train is packed only to get off like 3 stations down. Fuck you buddy, stand for 5 minutes. Will see what else is hiding on that train tomorrow morning. .
The world is FULL of train girls man! At least a million I would estimate. Maybe more, I haven't seen the recent census.

Rezbit said:
LOL. One and the same thing. Globalization is really about spreading the risk and return across as many economies as possible to hopefully prop up an under performing community long enough for them to get back on their feet. And make sexy growth. Bitches love growth.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Aon said:
Anyways she made comics about me as a super hero. Which focused on these boots I used to wear around in like year 9 because I couldn't do up shoelaces. It was fucking weird xD
Not being able to do up shoelaces in year 9, yea, that is pretty fucking weird.

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
The world is FULL of train girls man! At least a million I would estimate. Maybe more, I haven't seen the recent census.
I think train girls are only train girls when they catch the same train as you everyday.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I feel like I'm this close to snapping about Americans going on about Xenoblade.

Too bad.

It's ONE FUCKING GAME, Yes it's a VERY GOOD GAME, yes the Wii NEEDS GAMES.

HOW-FUCKING-EVER.

Australian and European gamers have been getting FUCKED over for years in regards to releases, release dates and more. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU SELF-ENTITLED MOTHER FUCKERS.

Import and mod your system like we do and shut the fuck up.

DEAL WITH IT.

Omikron

VOOK said:
I feel like I'm this close to snapping about Americans going on about Xenoblade.

Too bad.

It's ONE FUCKING GAME, Yes it's a VERY GOOD GAMES, yes the Wii NEEDS GAMES.

HOW-FUCKING-EVER.

Australian and European gamers have been getting FUCKED over for years in regards to releases, release dates and more. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU SELF-ENTITLED MOTHER FUCKERS.

DEAL WITH IT.
I like angry Vooks .

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
markot said:
Yeah, I want that weird racing game >_<! With the bugs and crap!

Excitebots? The game I imported what two years ago and have played the crap out of?

If we don't get something I import it, that simple. Americans have just never had to deal with it.

Ydahs

VOOK said:

Too bad.

It's ONE FUCKING GAME, Yes it's a VERY GOOD GAME, yes the Wii NEEDS GAMES.

HOW-FUCKING-EVER.

DEAL WITH IT.
I find it odd that this is directed towards American gamers, yet it's in an Australian thread.

And I can't believe I've gone this long without modding my Wii (AU). What games am I missing out on?

EDIT: Also

The Last Story (Nintendo): Coming to Europe in 2012

Pandora's Tower (Nintendo): Coming to Europe in 2012

My Wii is going to get a lot of loving with three RPGs and Zelda on the way.

So glad we have Dolphin. Played a bunch of cheap, entertaining games at better fidelity and the best is about to come with Xenoblade and Last Story. Classic RPG's finally! Been a while since Lost Odyssey.

Also Vook you need to quit your day job or something man, been raging hard lately. Did my offering of Time! Gentlemen! Please! not tickle your soul in such a manner to release anger? If not I can track down a copy of CMI for you! Or Costume Quest if you own a PS3.

Top Bottom