• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Jintor

Clipper said:
Ah, so we're getting the controller and soundtrack here? Awesome. I've been waiting for the Aussie release to get the Club Nintendo stars, but this makes the wait and the extra outlay of cash worth it.

You know, I think I'm confident enough in its quality to just drop the soundtrack + controller cash on it...

Salazar

0hRUr.jpg

Tabrett Bethell is my nomination for Aus-GAF mascot when this thread turns over next.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
AusGAF, I need some game advice:

My wife is going away for a couple of weeks on Saturday and I need a console game to play i her absence. Basically, I want a game that's come out in the past couple of week or will be coming out in a week. I'm going to get Dues Ex and Xenoblade but I'm going to wait 'til she gets back so she can watch me play 'em.

Suggestions?

MrSerrels

It's for Bellasugar, one of the girly sites that Allure has. They're running this whole guys getting into looking after themselves. So I'll be writing a big piece on it.

It was the most bizarre experience of my life.

markot

Banned
VOOK said:
Man I went for the over complicated entry mechanism, should have just done that.

I didn't get no stinking picture of the poster either ._.
Yeah, make me draw a picture? What do I look like? A guy who isnt lazy?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
markot said:
Yeah, make me draw a picture? What do I look like? A guy who isnt lazy?

Only got like 7 entries so far, that's like a ... a really good chance of winning so far.

I'd work out the percentage, but I'm also lazy.

Aon

VOOK said:
Only got like 7 entries so far, that's like a ... a really good chance of winning so far.

You've revived more pictures than my challenge for people to beat my Toon Link drawing xD

Anyone else get From Dust on PC? I'm having massive issues with screen tearing which d3doverrider and CCC won't fix, I'm pretty pissed right now, regretting my purchase.

Bernbaum

midonnay said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440706&page=2

starts getting bitchy from post 166 and shit hits the fan by post 281

internet drama :p
An entertaining turn of events, but his eventual de-modding was inevitable. If he reared his head in a thread, it mitigated genuine discussion as posters would be reluctant to stick out their necks and call a spade a spade. If he got called out on his shit (which I was game to do on occasion but never actually committed) he would be on the defensive and discussion would switch focus on him and not the game/topic at hand.

He voiced his dislike of Limbo in the Limbo thread, a game I agree was highly overrated, but his insistence on repeating the same statements on the game's flaws stymied the discussion for those who did indeed enjoy the game.

Amir0x was a terrible, terrible mod.

VOOK said:

I really can't draw though... Is it worth entering for the inevitable mockery I will receive as Vooks judges the entries? Are these drawings private and confidential ;)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sutton Dagger said:
I really can't draw though... Is it worth entering for the inevitable mockery I will receive as Vooks judges the entries? Are these drawings private and confidential ;)

It's not based on technical ability to draw, but instead creativity.

Jintor said:
What's your comp vooksy?

It has to be easier than something I can wiki in two seconds for me to enterrrrrr~

It be here.

Aon said:
You've revived more pictures than my challenge for people to beat my Toon Link drawing xD

You should have offered 5 games :p

trinest

VOOK said:

Remember last time there was a comp only 3 people entered.

And there where like 5 games offered. :/

Yagharek

Fusebox said:
Fuck oath he was, he just repeats his opinion over and over and over again to the point where anyone else would have been banned for trolling.

I just want to quote this, nothing to do with amirox though.

jambo

Fusebox said:
Fuck oath he was, he just repeats his opinion over and over and over again to the point where anyone else would have been banned for trolling.

As butter_stick put it in the other thread

butter_stick said:
This is an argument with Amir0x.

Amir0x: my opinion is this game is shit.
Person: I enjoyed it.
Amir0x: YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT. How did you enjoy it? It's terrible. There's no possible way you could have enjoyed it unless you're lying or trolling.
Person: I dunno man, I thought it was fun.
Amir0x: THIS ISN'T HELPING DISCUSSION. I am not LEARNING anything through your incorrect opinions! I want to talk to you pathetic people to get my eyes opened on how you can be so WRONG about something.

In the meantime, the thread stops focusing on being a conversation about the subject at hand, and instead a conversation about Amir0x's opinion on the subject at hand.

Clipper

I must admit, the AusGAF Steam Chat led attempt to get me to be the replacement mod for Amir0x was fun to watch, as well as touching.

I don't think GAF could survive two AusGAF mods at the same time, though...

Oh man this post is solid pain. Lotta happy posters out there right now. Wish I had of bought a 3DS to join in the thread real time.

Salazar said:
Tabrett Bethell is my nomination for Aus-GAF mascot when this thread turns over next.
Google Image Search reports that she is mascot worthy. Or at least worth watching dreckish television for. Just like Yvonne. Mmmmm Yvonne.

Witchfinder General said:
AusGAF, I need some game advice:
My wife is going away for a couple of weeks on Saturday and I need a console game to play i her absence. Basically, I want a game that's come out in the past couple of week or will be coming out in a week. I'm going to get Dues Ex and Xenoblade but I'm going to wait 'til she gets back so she can watch me play 'em. Suggestions?
Infamous 2? Bastion and From Dust on 360.

Sutton Dagger said:
Anyone else get From Dust on PC? I'm having massive issues with screen tearing which d3doverrider and CCC won't fix, I'm pretty pissed right now, regretting my purchase.
It's a shitty port. Just hope that some modders can tear it apart and get it running nicely for everyone, I have little hope that Ubisoft will both to patch it.

Amir0x got demodded?

I'm surprised (given that the administration here puts up such a united front), but I think it's a good thing for both him and for the forum at large. Hopefully this means less thread derailments in contentious threads.

Bah, DE3 has leaked for consoles. I want to play it now too! But on my peeeeeeceeeeee!

Also time to fail my online test. Maybe I will buy the textbook next week.

Edit: lol passed the test. Thank you Deakin for having lower standard courses!

Ventron

pZKXm.jpg

Isn't NineMSN the brilliant go-to place for intelligent people? I mean just look at that sidebar on the left. I'm so glad it's the default site in IE.

reptilescorpio said:
Bah, DE3 has leaked for consoles. I want to play it now too! But on my peeeeeeceeeeee!

Bu-bu-but, console releases don't get pirated! Also holy shit DE3 drops in a weeks time. Just in time for a batch of assessments being due :/

Kerrby

Banned
Ventron said:

Isn't NineMSN the brilliant go-to place for intelligent people? I mean just look at that sidebar on the left. I'm so glad it's the default site in IE.

Ninemsn is the Today Tonight/A Current Affair of websites.

I can't wait to buy MW3 for $100 on Steam... not. Activision got balls.

Top Bottom