• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

elfinke

Just as I've been enjoying the warm embrace of PC gaming, From Dust (or more specifically Ubisoft) slaps me back into the longing clutches of trustworthy console gaming.

After downloading it, sitting thorough some mandatory patching, and then having to sign up for whatever the fuck UPlay is (oh the irony), the fucking game doesn't want to work. And I'm not alone by the looks (and the Ubi forums are a mess):

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24441172

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24441212

Should have just bought Bastion I guess. Ah well, I'm sure it'll be fixed sooner or later.

Echoplx

What the hell are these guys on..

Square Enix appear to have reversed their decision on region-locking the retail copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution in Europe and the UK, which we’d noted yesterday. An Eidos forum post by Square Enix “mastering manager” Jason Walker says: “We’re aware of some discussion regarding the planned region-locking of boxed PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and after careful review we have decided not to implement this in the UK/Europe. Please note, this plan only related to PC boxed games, and not digital or console editions.”

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/18/dxhr-no-longer-region-locked-in-europe/

Frawdder

I think it's safe to say that AusGAF Games Night will be happening again this Friday. TrackMania 2 beta is the game of choice this time. Unfortunately, Group Play is disabled at this stage. However we can add each other as friends and join off each other, Trackmania makes that very easy (provided the friends list decides not to shit itself).

I'm not sure if anyone has tried to host a room but I will have a look at that tomorrow to see if an AusGAF room is an option. Failing that, we will all join a public server.

My Trackmania name is the same as my GAF name (Frawdder) if you wish to add me to your friends list.

Axiom

I know it's wishful thinking, but I do hope the number of automated pre-order cancellations was somehow substantial enough to force their hand that quickly

Frawdder said:
I think it's safe to say that AusGAF Games Night will be happening again this Friday. TrackMania 2 beta is the game of choice this time. Unfortunately, Group Play is disabled at this stage. However we can add each other as friends and join off each other, Trackmania makes that very easy (provided the friends list decides not to shit itself).

I'm not sure if anyone has tried to host a room but I will have a look at that tomorrow to see if an AusGAF room is an option. Failing that, we will all join a public server.

My Trackmania name is the same as my GAF name (Frawdder) if you wish to add me to your friends list.

Should set up a Mumble/Vent/Teamspeak also.

Aon

Steam voice chat works well enough if we can't be bothered getting on a Mumble server. Only annoying thing is not being able to see names when people talk.

Oyster cards are a pretty cool guy.

I was rushing for a train the other night and jumped down the stairs too early and fell down.
-_- but i barrel rolled out of it and felt like this guy

it was nice there was no one there for me to hit/judge me heh

also saw a guy pissing onto(into?) a pot plant on the footpath at 11 o clock this morning. crazy londoners.

what's there to do in wales

De3 decision was expected. No reason to creste such huge bad word of mouth just to save a few dollars. They will still block the russian keys but it made too much sense to leave the UK open to importation. Plus the retailers would have cracked the shits at Eidos.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
De3 decision was expected. No reason to creste such huge bad word of mouth just to save a few dollars. They will still block the russian keys but it made too much sense to leave the UK open to importation. Plus the retailers would have cracked the shits at Eidos.

Hurrah.

Square Enix has decided not to region lock the European PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

"We're aware of some discussion regarding the planned region-locking of boxed PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and, after careful review, we have decided not to implement this in the UK/Europe," wrote Square Enix mastering manager Jason Walker (via Rock Paper Shotgun).

This will be true of "anywhere in Europe", Walker went on to clarify.

Therefore, PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution bought in the US will work in the UK/Europe and vice versa, Walker confirmed.

kase23

elfinke said:
Just as I've been enjoying the warm embrace of PC gaming, From Dust (or more specifically Ubisoft) slaps me back into the longing clutches of trustworthy console gaming.

After downloading it, sitting thorough some mandatory patching, and then having to sign up for whatever the fuck UPlay is (oh the irony), the fucking game doesn't want to work. And I'm not alone by the looks (and the Ubi forums are a mess):

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24441172

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24441212

Should have just bought Bastion I guess. Ah well, I'm sure it'll be fixed sooner or later.
Steam Support is offering refunds now if you're really unhappy with it, glad I dodged that bullet.

jambo

On top of my fevers, cough, sore throat, headache, body aches, runny nose and lack of energy, I've started having chest pains last night and again this morning.

Back to the doctors I go!

EDIT: Also, I downloaded From Dust last night. Uninstalling it when I get back from the doctors!

Kerrby

Banned
jambo said:
On top of my fevers, cough, sore throat, headache, body aches, runny nose and lack of energy, I've started having chest pains last night and again this morning.

Back to the doctors I go!

EDIT: Also, I downloaded From Dust last night. Uninstalling it when I get back from the doctors!

Ask Steam for a refund, they're giving refunds out apparently.

So fucking glad today is Friday. Monday is really going to suck unless I get all this crap cleared off my schedule. Actually scratch that, Monday is going to suck anyway. Job offers please gentlemen!

Bernbaum said:
I am never drinking again.
Lucky Amirox isn't a mod anymore or he would take you to task for being a dirty, dirty liar.

Agyar said:
Should have bought it on console.
Those are true words but they send a chill through my soul. No game should be better on consoles compared to a PC version. Ubisoft has set back the PC gaming cause by at least 6 months! Time for Valve to annouce that along with being free tf2 will generate a kitten to sit next to your monitor while collecting hats.

elfinke

kase23 said:
Steam Support is offering refunds now if you're really unhappy with it, glad I dodged that bullet.

Kerrby said:

Cheers guys, I saw that over in Gaming and shot off an email to support this morning requesting just Steam store credit, which will be put to use buying Bastion instead. Shame, I really wanted to play From Dust, but it'll have to slide down the priority list behind everything that is about to drop in the next few months.

Agyar said:
Should have bought it on console.

If MS didn't use moon money, I'd buy more stuff on XBL. I did consider this anyway, but I'm thinking of selling my 360 to fund a new PC... didn't want another unfinished game on there!

Jintor

markot said:
Yes. You should have bought Bastion. Everyone should buy Bastion and its soundtrack.

Bastion is incredible. Incredible.

They're offering refunds for From Dust? Holy shit.

/edit oh, it's because of unannounced DRM. I thought it was for terrible controls, in which case it would have been incredibly shocking.

Jintor

What the dicks?

Anyway looks like Ozgameshop has Xenoblade back in stock. Vooks, what are my chances of winning a copy instead? :D

legend166

My Xenoblade copy shipped from ozgameshop yesterday.

Hopefully it's here by the end of next week.

Also, working from home means lunch time is Trackmania time.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sorry if I haven't replied to everyones posts about stuff. I swear I'll get some time to go back and do it ._.

reptilescorpio said:
So fucking glad today is Friday. Monday is really going to suck unless I get all this crap cleared off my schedule. Actually scratch that, Monday is going to suck anyway. Job offers please gentlemen!
Didn't you just start a new job? Ended up being not what you expected?

Bernbaum said:
I am never drinking again.
It hurts so bad that I'm never gonna drink again
I'll probably never drink again
I may not ever drink again
At least not til next weekend

VOOK said:
I've never drunk (alcohol) and don't give a shit what anyone thinks.

I hardly drink anymore myself, I don't miss every Friday and Saturday night be blind, by the time I was 20 I was pretty much passed it.

Hey Vooks, do you have any info on Skyward Sword's release date in Aus? Can we expect a limited edition bundle with a Gold Wii M+, that said something to that effect didn't they?

p.s Did you get my Xenoblade comp entry?

jambo

Kerrby said:

Didn't know you could get refunds for stuff you didn't pay for =P

codswallop said:
It hurts so bad that I'm never gonna drink again
I'll probably never drink again
I may not ever drink again
At least not til next weekend

Reminds me of Statler & Waldorf from The Muppets.

VOOK said:
I've never drunk (alcohol) and don't give a shit what anyone thinks.

You give enough of a shit to post that you don't give a shit.

;)

VOOK

Sutton Dagger said:
Hey Vooks, do you have any info on Skyward Sword's release date in Aus? Can we expect a limited edition bundle with a Gold Wii M+, that said something to that effect didn't they?

p.s Did you get my Xenoblade comp entry?

No date yet, probably won't get one until October. Also haven't heard about the Gold Wii M+ for here either.

I got it yes. Would have been better if it had a Vooks logo though ;)

jambo said:
You give enough of a shit to post that you don't give a shit.

;)

Nup

VOOK

codswallop said:
Gamespot did mention that Skyward Sword is coming "before Christmas 2011"...

That's not a release date, that's a statement of fact.

VOOK said:
No date yet, probably won't get one until October. Also haven't heard about the Gold Wii M+ for here either.

I got it yes. Would have been better if it had a Vooks logo though ;)

Considering Europe are getting it on the 18th of Nov, we would typically get it within the same week though right?

Opps, wrong logo ;)

MrSerrels

VOOK said:
That's not a release date, that's a statement of fact.

I didn't really think anything of that when I saw it reported - a bit of a non-story. That's just Nintendo Australia being typically paranoid about getting the wrong date!

VOOK

MrSerrels said:
I didn't really think anything of that when I saw it reported - a bit of a non-story. That's just Nintendo Australia being typically paranoid about getting the wrong date!

Yup exactly, we know it's coming so is Mario Kart and Super Mario Land. When they lock in a date, that's the story.

Also the before Xmas 2011 scares me too, If it's coming in December and not November people are going to be PISSED.

Top Bottom