• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
evlcookie said:
Rez,

How is work going? Enjoying it?

I'm in no rush for DX3. I won't get enough time to really play it after work so it's a weekend game for me, Got 4 more days until that so i won't go risking a vpn ban.

Jambo we should play that cop mod in gta ;D
yeah, so far so good. There's a slight lack of space because it's heritage listed building, but for the most part I'm really enjoying myself. My co-workers are mostly awesome, I'm paid well and I've managed to hold down the fort by myself in DVDs for a few weekends in a row now thanks to people calling in sick, which has earnt me some respect.

So yeah, it's about as good as I imagine a uni part-time can be, I'd imagine.

Choc said:
you can totally tell he works in marketing, sells himself incredibly well
Yep, probably a freeloading user. They get quite good at weasling their way into peoples hearts and then BAM! Out the front door she walks with all your most prized possessions. More fun than a Goth at least.

jambo

Internode have gotten rid of their Easy-Naked-XL 600 GB plan, so it looks like we'll be moving up to the 1,000 GB plan =\

At least we get a 10% discount.

elfinke

jambo said:
Internode have gotten rid of their Easy-Naked-XL 600 GB plan, so it looks like we'll be moving up to the 1,000 GB plan =\

At least we get a 10% discount.

Jeez, didn't even know they offered plans like that.

(only have 'node Easy-Reach options here for now - which as of midnight tonight, I'll be paying ~$90/month for 100gb for net and phone, woo!)

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Yep, probably a freeloading user. They get quite good at weasling their way into peoples hearts and then BAM! Out the front door she walks with all your most prized possessions. More fun than a Goth at least.
Personal experience or just feeling jaded for a Tuesday evening?

Shaneus said:
Personal experience or just feeling jaded for a Tuesday evening?
Just been reading too much whiney OT gaf lately. Plus Friday is too far away. Plus some women are users. :-(
Although eventually you find a nice one!

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Just been reading too much whiney OT gaf lately. Plus Friday is too far away. Plus some women are users. :-(
Although eventually you find a nice one!
The person who posted that classified was a dude. 90% of dudes are awesome.

Sutton Dagger said:
Anyone else got their most recent electricity bill? I can't believe how much it has gone up... $564 for the quarter...

Mine came to $712 this quarter. $607 if I pay before the due date. :X

RandomVince said:
Lol@ $2000 bills.

People should really take a look at what theyre running if they rack up that much of a bill.

Forget the running part, imagine how much they are earning. :/

DeathJr said:
Forget the running part, imagine how much they are earning. :/
Don't forget the law of inverse though! If you are working your ass off to earn tons of money you won't have time to be at home with electrical goods on. The opposite is if you are unemployed and spend all your time at home on the TV and computer your bill will be huge in comparison. That was the best argument to get my deadbeat friend off Centrelink and into the workforce. Every dollar earned is actually another dollar saved!
Well, half a dollar or so to tax as well... still a good idea!

jambo

Pizza has been ordered, the games are about to begin!

The Carmack Keynote from Quakecon 2011 is amazing. Would've been nice to hear something about DOOM IV, but I could honestly just listen to him talk about programming and tech all day long.

$20 for Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey on DS!!! Forgot all about this game.

New Opeth single and RHCP album is out. Police Station by RHCP is pretty good, rest of the album is pretty bleh. Last solid album was By The Way. Devils Orchid by Opeth is very different but still really enjoyable at least, the live tracks are quite good.

jambo said:
The Carmack Keynote from Quakecon 2011 is amazing. Would've been nice to hear something about DOOM IV, but I could honestly just listen to him talk about programming and tech all day long.
Indeed! Dude will end up retiring and go on the road doing conferences for $1 million a show like Clinton.

Jintor

As my compatriot on Twitter has just reminded me, to get the bonus content on Steam for Deus Ex Augmented Edition, check your 'tools' library instead of your games library.

It's interesting to see the seperation between general gamersphere and twitter criticosphere. My journalist contacts are mostly posting about Freeplay2011, in particular the gaming criticism panel which by all accounts was a clusterfuck of infuriating proportions. Well, that and Human Revolution.

reptilescorpio said:
New Opeth single and RHCP album is out. Police Station by RHCP is pretty good, rest of the album is pretty bleh. Last solid album was By The Way. Devils Orchid by Opeth is very different but still really enjoyable at least, the live tracks are quite good.
I really enjoy Stadium Arcadium. May not have a lot of hits, but it's a pleasurable album to listen to.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jintor said:
As my compatriot on Twitter has just reminded me, to get the bonus content on Steam for Deus Ex Augmented Edition, check your 'tools' library instead of your games library.

No wonder why it didn't say augmented edition.

fuuuuccccckkkk

THANKS!

codswallop said:
I really enjoy Stadium Arcadium. May not have a lot of hits, but it's a pleasurable album to listen to.
The new album is very much in that vein. They are just getting a more defined musical taste, they can't keep writing BSSM over again and I won't hold that against them. They are still very talented and very good at what they do. Just wish they will still making hard hitting rock.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The new opeth is going to be all strange hippy madness with no growling. Going by the first song, it sounds like some 70s rock going on.

It's certainly a new direction and i'm dying to hear the rest of the album.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really, really liked the new Opeth song. Much like Tool I enjoy Opeth mixing it up as each album releases.

September is also the month of a new Tori Amos album, which I'm hoping is good.

Deeku

Anyone here going to be importing Grand Knight's History?

Only thing holding me back is that I know I won't be able to fully appreciate it due to my crappy japanese.

Echoplx

Just rang up and they said online ordering has been broken all day then they don't even offer to let me use the online voucher I have over the phone..

not gonna pay an extra 10$ because they fucked up

Rezbit

Finally slogged through Game of Thrones book. Man, the TV show sure was faithful apart from a few scenes in different order and more thoroughly explained battles/mythology/locations. I don't know if it's good or bad that now all the characters in the books have the faces of the actors.

EDIT: Also, as a couple of you in Steam may be aware, still putting together some parts for a brand spanking PC. Here's what I got so far (I'll post in PC thread too, but I know guys like Fred are great in here).

ASUS 21.5" monitor (1920x1080). About the size I need.
CM 690 II Advanced
ASRock Z68 Pro3 Motherboard B3
Intel Core i5 2500K
Seasonic M12II 620W Power Supply
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Gainward GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Golden Sample
WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Can't find many reviews of the graphics card online, but the few I did were pretty glowing with good benchmarks. Seems like just another OCed 560 ti though. Anyone got any thoughts? Cheers big ears.

Rezbit said:
EDIT: Also, as a couple of you in Steam may be aware, still putting together some parts for a brand spanking PC. Here's what I got so far (I'll post in PC thread too, but I know guys like Fred are great in here)
Get an SSD if you can afford it. Even a 60GB one. 2x60GB in RAID0 is faster than 1x120GB.

Rezbit

I am honestly a little bit worried about their reliability and stability. Heard some horror stories. Figured I might wait a few years til the glitches and price settle?

Rezbit said:
ASUS 21.5" monitor (1920x1080). About the size I need.
CM 690 II Advanced
ASRock Z68 Pro3 Motherboard B3
Intel Core i5 2500K
Seasonic M12II 620W Power Supply
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Gainward GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Golden Sample
WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Can't find many reviews of the graphics card online, but the few I did were pretty glowing with good benchmarks. Seems like just another OCed 560 ti though. Anyone got any thoughts? Cheers big ears.
Fred is certainly your best bet.
Planning on grabbing that case and cpu too. Maybe look at grabbing a OCZ Vertex 3 60Gb SSD for $139 for Win7 and a few Steam games and grab a cheaper WD Green drive for media storage.
I'm looking at the Corsair TX series for the PSU.
I had the Corsair Vengance RAM set aside too but the G.Skill is $20 cheaper, any reason not to go for the G.Skill? Seems like a huge price difference.
Maybe look at a p67 motherboard if you don't need any of the new z68 features.

Store your OS, games and applications on it. Store your data (photos, videos, game saves) on the WD 1TB you had listed there. Worst thing that happens is you have to reinstall your OS, applications, games, etc.

Rezbit

Hmm rep, the Corsair TX PSU is a bit cheaper. Has 85% efficiency (???)...no modular though? Not a dealbreaker if it means I can save 30 bucks.

That RAM is 1333mhz as opposed to the 1600, what does that actually do?

Rezbit said:
I don't know if it's good or bad that now all the characters in the books have the faces of the actors.

I know what you mean. I also watched the series first and then became interested in the books...there is no scope to imagine the faces of the characters, apart from the ones that will follow on in the succeeding books.

Top Bottom