• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I've got 8 slabs of beer sitting here and now I have to crack one open. Nice work breaking my spirit buddy. :-(

Why can't I play de3 yet? Discriminating against the common man ain't cool Square, I even bought ff13 at launch! I am the lifeblood of your business!
Bon appetit!

Kirby102

evlcookie said:
try imo.im and login from that? its a website
QFT.

It has Steam API, so you can chat on Steam even. SAKJFHASLDKJFH STEAM!

* can't do group chats though... sadface I wanted to go on AusGAF Steam chat :(

Kirby102 said:
QFT.

It has Steam API, so you can chat on Steam even. SAKJFHASLDKJFH STEAM!

* can't do group chats though... sadface I wanted to go on AusGAF Steam chat :(
Come on internet community! Get SteamChat running on TouchPad for me!

Just spent the last 2 hours working out how to print custom PS3 covers after getting addicted to the gaf thread this week. Results are.... okay. Seems like the paper doesn't bring out the colours enough or the printer is too shitty. A vast improvement on the original cover though. Looking forward to wasting all my time recovering ALL my games!
infamous28kcb.jpg

Darklord

Banned
Holy shit installing new computer hardware can be annoying. You install it without issue, turn the PC on and like 8 things are mysteriously not working or screwing up.

Darklord said:
Holy shit installing new computer hardware can be exhilarating.
Fixed. At least you have PC-Age GAF to help out! Couldn't imagine building my own PC without internet help. Best with new hardware to do a completely clean Windows install, each upgrade just seemed to slow my system down over time. My parents PC is a mess, really need to throw out their old HDD and start from scratch again.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I've never had an issue with putting together a new PC aside from my first one when i was younger. The only issue with that was i didn't put the cpu cooler power plug into the correct socket on the board, So it wouldn't boot. Once that was fixed she was good to go.

What issues are you running into darklord?

Echoplx

Deus Ex tonight, went out and got some sarsaparilla and ginger ale to keep in with the orange and black theme *puts on sunglasses*

Well gold and black but that's as close as I could get

Darklord

Banned
evlcookie said:
I've never had an issue with putting together a new PC aside from my first one when i was younger. The only issue with that was i didn't put the cpu cooler power plug into the correct socket on the board, So it wouldn't boot. Once that was fixed she was good to go.

What issues are you running into darklord?

I think it's fine now. I got a new graphics card and the card worked but other stuff stopped working. I couldn't figure out why but in the end I fixed it. I just hate that 'Ok, I did everything I need to but it's still not working right, what the hell do I do now?' moment. Can't wait to try it out on Deus Ex tonight!

3chopl0x said:
Deus Ex tonight, went out and got some sarsaparilla and ginger ale to keep in with the orange and black theme *puts on sunglasses*

Well gold and black but that's as close as I could get
Should have gotten gold flaked vodka!

Darklord said:
What happened with your ordeal?

• Bought parts from PC Case Gear in Septemberish (iirc)
  • Put the computer together without my aftercooler
  • Computer booted fine
  • Started bluescreening and hard freezing after two weeks
  • After a few weeks of trying to fix it and raging and crying in Steam chat I asked PCCG what to do, they give me some retarded shit to do and eventually he believes its the graphics card after I tell him ive been running the comp just fine with my old 7600GT in it
  • They suggested I send the Graphics card back for testing
  • Send it back a week later saying theres nothing wrong with it
  • Put card back in, same issues, another ticket. This time they say to send my cpu, mobo, ram and graphics card so they can try replicate the problem
  • They send everything back, apparently nothing happened on their end so it was not their problem
  • Contacted gigabyte about sending the card (460GTX overclocked btw) back and they responded after about a week
  • Fast forward a couple months (like 4-5) and i finally manage to get a new card (6950HD). plug it in and holy shit everything works fine.

summary: bought in sep last year, lots of issues, ended up being a gfx card problem, pccg didnt believe me, bought a new card after many months pass, comp works.

ask the steam chat how fun that time was for me/them

Megadrive said:
: bought in sep last year, lots of issues, ended up being a gfx card problem, pccg didnt believe me, bought a new card after many months pass, comp works.

Hey I bought a 460 in September too! Mine has been working great though. Annoyingly enough I was looking at sli but pccg don't sell the 460 any more. I doubt I will ever be in a situation where sli is a great option as I'm not interested in spending 300+ on a gpu.

Darklord

Banned
Megadrive said:
  • Bought parts from PC Case Gear in Septemberish (iirc)
  • Put the computer together without my aftercooler
  • Computer booted fine
  • Started bluescreening and hard freezing after two weeks
  • After a few weeks of trying to fix it and raging and crying in Steam chat I asked PCCG what to do, they give me some retarded shit to do and eventually he believes its the graphics card after I tell him ive been running the comp just fine with my old 7600GT in it
  • They suggested I send the Graphics card back for testing
  • Send it back a week later saying theres nothing wrong with it
  • Put card back in, same issues, another ticket. This time they say to send my cpu, mobo, ram and graphics card so they can try replicate the problem
  • They send everything back, apparently nothing happened on their end so it was not their problem
  • Contacted gigabyte about sending the card (460GTX overclocked btw) back and they responded after about a week
  • Fast forward a couple months (like 4-5) and i finally manage to get a new card (6950HD). plug it in and holy shit everything works fine.

summary: bought in sep last year, lots of issues, ended up being a gfx card problem, pccg didnt believe me, bought a new card after many months pass, comp works.

God damn! Ok, you win the terrible PC problems award. Computer shops in general are lazy. They probably didn't even test it. I bought a PC from centrecom(this was years ago) and the dvd drive didn't work. They told me to bring the whole thing back(which was pretty stupid thinking back) and my dad told me to put a tiny dot with a marker on the dvd drive on its side. Just in case. The guy told me he fixed it by replacing the dvd drive. I had a look at it and a saw the tiny dot was still there. The guy didn't do jack shit to it.

elfinke

elfinke said:
I sent off a support ticket on release night about this and still haven't heard a thing from Steam. Also haven't been able to launch From Dust either :(

I might update my ticket tonight, see if that helps.

I had sent off a support ticket and gotten the "Steam doesn't do refunds. Sorry." response. Checked out my ticket after reading the RPS post, sure enough, Steam Support Thomas has replied to that ticket with the offer of a refund.

elfinke

Doncamatic said:
I had sent off a support ticket and gotten the "Steam doesn't do refunds. Sorry." response. Checked out my ticket after reading the RPS post, sure enough, Steam Support Thomas has replied to that ticket with the offer of a refund.
Well that's encouraging. I sent my original request in on the 18th I think, and just updated it then. Hopefully I get a response soon!

Salazar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Updated my blog for the first time in two months (to be fair, I got married in that time). That only took... let's see.... 6 hours. Off to bed.

Still thinking of stuff to update mine with. I am a woeful blogger.

Darklord

Banned
Yay Deus Ex is unlocked!

*deus ex must defrag*

Yay, it's finished time to play!

*steam must set up deus ex*

sigh.

Yay it's...

*Deus installation incomplete*

wtf. :(

Edit:

*deus ex completing installation*

*Performing first time setup*

Fuck me just start the game.

Darklord said:
Yay Deus Ex is unlocked!

*deus ex must defrag*

Yay, it's finished time to play!

*steam must set up deus ex*

sigh.

Yay it's...

*Deus installation incomplete*

wtf. :(

Edit:

*deus ex completing installation*

*Performing first time setup*

Fuck me just start the game.
Yep sounds like a steam install to me. Took 3 hours to setup Civ 5 for some reason. Actually, de3 is ready? Why the fuck didn't I wake up earlier?! No not work! I wanna play!

Megadrive said:
Freeplay was last weekend. Pretty sure that's it as far as Aussie dev confs go for this year
There's always IGDA meetings I guess. Good for networking but probably not worth bothering with unless you're actually developing something.

elfinke

Regarding the faux mouse acceleration, someone in the OT mentioned something like setting the horizontal mouse speed to be +2 ahead of the vertical (or the other way around, +2 vertical ahead of horizontal) and v-sync off. Seems to fix the feeling of acceleration.

Top Bottom