• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kritz

Banned
So on Saturday I'm going out with some friends to play Capture The Flag, with Nerf guns. I just picked up this:

Nerf+Stampede+-+04.JPG

Fucking bad-ass, it is. Takes six D batteries, comes with three 18-dart clips and is HEAVY as all hell.

I should've bought two.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
Yep sounds like a steam install to me. Took 3 hours to setup Civ 5 for some reason. Actually, de3 is ready? Why the fuck didn't I wake up earlier?! No not work! I wanna play!

:x

Checking usual sites I do in the morning and there is my mate claiming achievements in deus ex, the fucker.

*waits until copy arrives like a cheap arse gamer*

Edit: Brett Emerton signs for Sydney FC. :-o A-league season shall be epic 8)

Kritz said:
So on Saturday I'm going out with some friends to play Capture The Flag, with Nerf guns. I just picked up this:

Nerf+Stampede+-+04.JPG

Fucking bad-ass, it is. Takes six D batteries, comes with three 18-dart clips and is HEAVY as all hell.

I should've bought two.

i have one of those at home kritz and a rifle aswell. that thing has TERRIBLE accuracy tbh. i much prefer the rifle.

kase23

elfinke said:
Regarding the faux mouse acceleration, someone in the OT mentioned something like setting the horizontal mouse speed to be +2 ahead of the vertical (or the other way around, +2 vertical ahead of horizontal) and v-sync off. Seems to fix the feeling of acceleration.
You have completely disable Vsync in your GPU's control software for it to work, I had the game running with fraps with vsync set to off in the ingame settings, while looking out the window of the starting room, best I could muster was 42 FPS on highest settings, went into catalyst and switched off vsync to always off and came back to the same spot and got a silky 72+ FPS, this is what fixed the mouse lag issues for me.

Omikron

Big News I have read this morning:

Jobs quits as CEO of Apple.

EA decide to remake Theme Park.

ON FUCKING IPAD/IPHONE.

Die in a fucking fire EA. Seriously.

legend166

Man, big day in tech news.

Steve Jobs quits.

Nintendo steals all their ideas (lol).

EA is unethical (duh).

Gamestop is unethical (duh).

elfinke

Gazunta said:
As someone who does the majority of his gaming on an iPad these days, HELL YES SIGN ME UP EA

I said the same thing about that announcement. Theme XX are a perfect fit for the iOS platform, and I have been clamouring for Theme Hospital in particular. Excellent news, day one etc etc.

Gazunta said:
BrisGAF > Rest of AusGAF, FACT

Planning a few days or a week in Brisbane either in September (the hell of it) and/or February (the cricket).

Kritz

Banned
Marshmellow said:
i have one of those at home kritz and a rifle aswell. that thing has TERRIBLE accuracy tbh. i much prefer the rifle.

Yeah I have the Recon, too. Unless you mean the longshot. Recon is a rifle, longshot is more of a sniper.

I find the Stampede is only really inaccurate when you're just dumping. Burst fire seems a lot better. But I bought this thing mostly for firepower and capacity. I also find my rifle jams too often.

Kritz said:
Yeah I have the Recon, too. Unless you mean the longshot. Recon is a rifle, longshot is more of a sniper.

I find the Stampede is only really inaccurate when you're just dumping. Burst fire seems a lot better. But I bought this thing mostly for firepower and capacity. I also find my rifle jams too often.

Yea meant recon, i haven't had any jamming problems. i find the big one jams a bit tho.
put the 18 clips in the recon :D

DualShadow said:
Gonna be a long day at work waiting to play Deus Ex tonight.

Omg, yea thought i was going to get game time this friday but now i have a mates 22nd on.....typical, as soon as good games start coming out i am flooded with social commitments.

Kritz

Banned
Marshmellow said:
Yea meant recon, i haven't had any jamming problems. i find the big one jams a bit tho.
put the 18 clips in the recon :D

Lol, was thinking of getting a longshot and sticking the 18 into that. But target only has the blue longs it's at the moment.

Gamestop removing OnLive code from DeusEx boxes. As in asking employees to physically open the boxes and remove the coupon. Purely because theyre scared of or moving into DD. Fucking disgusting.

elfinke

Megadrive said:
Gamestop removing OnLive code from DeusEx boxes. As in asking employees to physically open the boxes and remove the coupon. Purely because theyre scared of or moving into DD. Fucking disgusting.

I'm reading through that now. Amazing stuff, a whole new level of subversion beyond selling new as used and so forth. The fallout will hopefully be interesting.

elfinke said:
Regarding the faux mouse acceleration, someone in the OT mentioned something like setting the horizontal mouse speed to be +2 ahead of the vertical (or the other way around, +2 vertical ahead of horizontal) and v-sync off. Seems to fix the feeling of acceleration.
I ran d3doverrider with the Preview build and don't recall any problems but it may have just been the joy of play a proper Deus Ex sequel clouding my judgement.

Omi said:
Die in a fucking fire EA. Seriously.
My reaction exactly.

Salazar said:
Grabbed Deus Ex HR off Steam.
Could not resist AusGaf hype.
Great decision. Now make sure to no-kill your way through this brilliant game.

Omi said:
*waits until copy arrives like a cheap arse gamer*
Strangely enough the $28 deal on GMG was the cheapest I could find. Plus I get to play at release!

legend166 said:
Man, big day in tech news.
Steve Jobs quits.
Nintendo steals all their ideas (lol).
EA is unethical (duh).
Gamestop is unethical (duh).
The Gamestop will be the most interesting one. Hope Square and OnLive sue the shit out of them.

Jintor

I don't know American law very well, but Squeenix probably has an action in tort against Gamestop. Or maybe it's a fiducial obligation? Gonna depend on the agreements in place. I'd love to get my hands on those documents.

jgminto said:
Anyone else picking up Deus Ex HR for PC today from EB? I'm wondering if they have removed the OnLive code as well.

If you are for some crazy reason, please verify this.

Wait, isn't OnLive that game streaming service where it streams the video? It's not even available here, so we wouldn't get it, and even if we did, couldn't use it.

Shaneus

Shit. All this talk of Deus Ex makes me want to play Deus Ex. Should I buy Deus Ex? Should I play the first Deus Ex before the latest Deus Ex?

Should I hunt down the SE of Deus Ex or will the regular Deus Ex do me?

Jintor

Even if onlive isn't available here, ask them about it anyway. I want to see to what extent GameStop internal memos penetrate EB Australia.

Jintor said:
I don't know American law very well, but Squeenix probably has an action in tort against Gamestop. Or maybe it's a fiducial obligation? Gonna depend on the agreements in place. I'd love to get my hands on those documents.
Yeah I would assume that Gamestop have an agreement to sell ALL the items in the box. Otherwise they would rip out the Project $10 codes as well and sell them seperately, same with other DLC vouchers like the Uncharted 3 beta voucher that was in my copy of Infamous 2.

Jintor

The key thing is whether or not Gamestop new beforehand about the OnLive code being bundled in the box. Even if they did, however, modifying the boxes beforehand by removing the code and then trying to sell it is clearly actionable - you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Shaneus said:
Shit. All this talk of Deus Ex makes me want to play Deus Ex. Should I buy Deus Ex? Should I play the first Deus Ex before the latest Deus Ex?

Should I hunt down the SE of Deus Ex or will the regular Deus Ex do me?
Regular de3 will be fine. The DLC pack looks like it would break the experience of the first level going by the Preview build. Also Jump on green man gaming, using this link to open a new account gives both of us $5 credit. There is a 20% off coupon on the front page. The AE version is the same price as vanilla at $50 so that brings it down to $35 USD after the coupon and $5 referral. Also you will get the bonus content stuff on Steam and be able to play the game tonight!

Gazunta said:
I played a bit of Deus Ex last night.
It reminded me of Perfect Dark.
So tonight I'll play some Perfect Dark.
Could you please make a PD2 for me. :(

Choc

Banned
Apple shares have peaked

Jobs going is a huge huge thing for apple and investors because apple haev never said their succession plan

and that scares investors

Jobs was the guy behind it all, and now he has left. This could be a very interesting day in terms of the Android vs IOS fight in the long term.

Top Bottom