• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ghost Trick is worth every cent for the animation alone.

Bernbaum said:
Been drinking less and less beer these days and have only recently taken a liking to Ales (James Squire Golden Ale nom nom nom!) and even then I’ll have, 3 maybe 4 drinks tops before putting a lid on it.
The craft brewing scene in Melbourne is probably the best in the country. There are some killer beers available here and you were at all interested we could probably talk about it all day.

If you can find them, check out Brewdog's 5am Saint, Stone & Wood's Pacific Ale, Mountain Goat's Steam Ale or Hightail Ale or Bridge Rd Brewer's Australian Ale. They're all "ales"* but all very different type of ales.

* REAL ales apparently don't have anywhere near the level of carbonation that the "ales" we have here do, but instead are hand-pumped. Apparently The Local Taphouse is getting some real ale very soon.

MrSerrels

Rez said:
Ghost Trick is worth every cent for the animation alone.

Ghost Trick was a slow burn for me, because it's barely a game to begin with. Then all of a sudden I just fell in love with it.

MISSILE IS BOSS.

legend166

reptilescorpio said:
Free postage on OzGameShop

They don't have DQ V though. And just getting DQ V costs like $57 on Amazon, so buying all three is cheaper on Amazon anyway.

I'm having second thoughts about Ghost Trick, haha. It's probably be awesome, but I might want something more pick up and play.

Jintor

MrSerrels said:
Should be going to both I reckon, you?

I might as well head to the DNF event as well if I'm headed out on Tuesday, I suppose. Not super enthused but what the hell, it's DNF.

Legend, if you like a good mystery, you might as well pick up Ghost Trick. TBH outside of SRPGs and VNs nothing else on portable platforms really manage to hook me that well.

Shaneus

So, anyone going to see Jon Lajoie when he comes to Australia? One hell of a funny dude. I have tickets to his Melbourne show, so pumped
3AQmK.gif

Choc

Banned
legend if they have it on the plane which they should watch inside job

where can i buy this on DVD that will ship to aus guys? its out already

quabba

legend166 said:
I'm having second thoughts about Ghost Trick, haha. It's probably be awesome, but I might want something more pick up and play.

Ghost Trick is awesome and more pickup and play than the DQ and GS games, but a good pickup and play title would be picross 3d.

Monster Tale is another great game for some Metroidvania + RPG elements.

legend166

Amazon don't ship Picross 3D to Australia :(

Also, this shows how dumb Amazon's shipping cost is. It's cheaper to get a Priority International Courier than the standard shipping option. By $1.

Also I'm going to make sure I say my suburb rather than just Sydney this time, so DHL don't get all retarded on me again like they did with my Kindle.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Amazon don't ship Picross 3D to Australia :(

Also, this shows how dumb Amazon's shipping cost is. It's cheaper to get a Priority International Courier than the standard shipping option. By $1.

Also I'm going to make sure I say my suburb rather than just Sydney this time, so DHL don't get all retarded on me again like they did with my Kindle.

why dont you get stuff delivered to your office

Fredescu

Choc said:

The Region 1 version is out, so you can import that from the usual places in the US I guess. Region 2 and 4 are out in a few months I think, so you'll have to wait if you want to perhaps pay a bit less and get it from the UK, or maybe buy it locally.

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
The Region 1 version is out, so you can import that from the usual places in the US I guess. Region 2 and 4 are out in a few months I think, so you'll have to wait if you want to perhaps pay a bit less and get it from the UK, or maybe buy it locally.

amazon wont ship here :|

legend166

People are always home at my place though.

Anyway, no great rush with this delivery. I probably won't play the games until I go on my trip.

Clipper

codswallop said:
Amazon don't ship DVDs to Australia?

Try amazon.ca, deepdiscountdvd.com.
We're talking about Inside Job, right?

Choc, they do ship that to Australia. I just checked and I got through to the cart just fine. Make sure you get the version shipped by Amazon (their sellers won't necessarily send here but Amazon US always does). As long as you only have movies in the order (i.e., no games), you won't be charge an arm and a leg for shipping either, as Standard International will be an option.

The only thing I've ever had Amazon block from me is certain games, mostly Nintendo-published ones prior to the release of the 3DS.

jambo

Not much luck finding a Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Marion JBHiFi and Telstra were sold out. This morning I checked JBHiFi and 3 Telstra stores in town and they're all out. Harvey Norman did have stock, but they were still selling them for $709 :lol

Choc

Banned
Fred

Home prices in biggest drop in 12 years
CHRIS ZAPPONE 10:30am Decline brought the national city median dwelling price to $455,000 in March

Also Jambo, buy it online from Telstra get it delivered to you

Mar

Choc said:

I was disappointed with this movie. I was hoping for more detail but all it did was touch on the basics of something I'd already been following for years.

Choc

Banned
Mar said:
I was disappointed with this movie. I was hoping for more detail but all it did was touch on the basics of something I'd already been following for years.

you knew what CDOs and derivatives and all that was?

if you do then sure i agree, but it made the GFC lingo so easy to understand

Fredescu

Choc said:
CHRIS ZAPPONE 10:30am Decline brought the national city median dwelling price to $455,000 in March
Mostly lead by Brisbane (floods) and Perth. The rest of the drops are pretty slow. I don't think anyone knows why Perth is dropping so quickly though. Could be the canary in the mine.

Mar said:
I don't see how you could go into more detail without making it terribly dry. It covered all the ground it needed to and got the right emotional response out of viewers to go and find out more themselves.

Fredescu

Choc said:
I didn't know they were called that, but I knew the basic principle that bad loans were packaged up as investments and rated AAA. I didn't know they had insurance on those investments failing, and that mutliple people could have "insurance" against stuff that they didn't even own.

Mar

Choc said:
Fred

Like I've been saying for a while. You would have to be crazy to buy a place right now unless you have a quite a good buffer behind you. Entering into a mortgage that is close to the maximum you can afford would be a recipe for disaster.

Not saying this article proves anything, as there are articles like this every day (and the same amount proclaiming the reverse). But shits volatile.

Mar

Choc said:

if you do then sure i agree, but it made the GFC lingo so easy to understand

Yes, and I've seen many videos that have explained it a lot better too.

I think that was my problem. They didn't go into enough detail and didn't make it as clear as others have done for people who don't understand.

Choc

Banned
it got the right response from me. I wanted to smash my in-flight screen i was so angry ;)

sure its probably not the nitty gritty but for the mainstream is the perfect film

Choc

Banned
what i liked about it from a mainstream perspective

1. It showed the GFC started long before 2008

2. It explained CDOs and derivatives very easily

3. It exposed that this criminal activity has made it through teh government and education systems

so nothing will ever change and we should all prepare for GFC II

MrSerrels said:
Ghost Trick was a slow burn for me, because it's barely a game to begin with. Then all of a sudden I just fell in love with it.

MISSILE IS BOSS.
Its easily the best game to come out for the DS this year. Such an amazing story and then the ending was just wow. I'm surprised Nemesis hasn't shown up to start gushing about it yet.

I've seen a few copies on the shelf at JB HiFi.

If your looking at importing maybe go Play Asia, I find their shipping to be pretty cheap and quick. Also while your at it get a copy of Monster Tale, new game from the Herny Hatsworth guys, I've been playing it on and off for the last month and am really enjoying, nice liltte Metroidvania game with an amazing 16bit look. Fingers crossed will have it finished over the weekend and maybe be able to get to work on something I promised Vook for it.

Also Thor for DS is meant to be out now, heard alot of good pre release buzz about it. Also its been developed by Wayforward so am really hoping for big things to come out of it when I get it.

jambo

Telstra stores are crazy busy! Still no luck with the Galaxy Tab, gonna check TeleChoice, but looks like I'll have to wait till next Wednesday at JBHiFi =\

The This American Life on the GFC was also really good at laying out everything in layman's terms. I think that was done in parallel with Inside Job because the episode title, going back through past episodes in Itunes, is #405 Inside Job. Also #390 Return to the Giant Pool of Money is good too.

Top Bottom