• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
something i always do (when in economy)

find out the aircraft they have allocated (you can always find it on the airlines site) for that particular flight. They allocate them months in advance

then go to

seatguru.com

input that aircraft type

get best seat :)

Choc said:
something i always do (when in economy)

find out the aircraft they have allocated (you can always find it on the airlines site) for that particular flight. They allocate them months in advance

then go to

seatguru.com

input that aircraft type

get best seat :)
Yeah I linked to legend's planes earlier. Seatguru has been awesome for me.

Gazunta

I'll be offline most of the weekend, so here's a mental exercise for us to brainstorm in the meantime.

I've decided to make it my mission this year to get one of my comics printed in a gaming magazine. Not sure which comic (Old Video Game Jokes? Brendan Brewer?), not sure which magazine. I just want to be able to update my Twitter one day and go "oh BTW the new issue of (insert magazine here) is out today with my comic in it LOL".

Thinking caps ON

PS: Here is my thinking cap

PPS: AH THAT WAS TAKEN ON A PLANE AusGAF -> Real Life -> AusGAF

Gazunta said:
I'll be offline most of the weekend, so here's a mental exercise for us to brainstorm in the meantime.

I've decided to make it my mission this year to get one of my comics printed in a gaming magazine. Not sure which comic (Old Video Game Jokes? Brendan Brewer?), not sure which magazine. I just want to be able to update my Twitter one day and go "oh BTW the new issue of (insert magazine here) is out today with my comic in it LOL".

Thinking caps ON

PS: Here is my thinking cap

PPS: AH THAT WAS TAKEN ON A PLANE AusGAF -> Real Life -> AusGAF

Get Gameinformer too instead of their current shitty comic.

Mar

Giant photos of Gazunta, animated gifs of Serrels, propositions to members to have their minds blown...

Ausgaf is getting weird. And I mean weird.

Bernbaum

Mar said:
Giant photos of Gazunta, animated gifs of Serrels, propositions to members to have their minds blown...

Ausgaf is getting weird. And I mean weird.
You are Choc's father.

evlcookie and Jambo are the same person, he just hasn't realised it yet.

Reptilescorpio has amnesia and is living his life in reverse.

Soylent Green is made from Salazar.

legend166 has been dead the entire time and is a ghost.

Bernbaum said:
You are Choc's father.
Empire Strikes Back

Bernbaum said:
Fight Club

Bernbaum said:
Memento

Bernbaum said:
Soylent Green

Bernbaum said:
Six Sense

whatatwist797456.jpg

Too slow, dammit.

legend166

Friday night footy at the SCG tonight. First Friday night H&A game in Sydney for about 8 years.

Shame the weather's not looking too good.

At least it means I can completely ignore the royal wedding.

Jintor said:
Oh, I got the references. I just meant in terms of those facts.
I don't think anyone is surprised that me and Chris Nolan go way back. I'm more worried about Salazar being a rogue AI plotting their revenge on AusGAF after being made into Creme Eggs to satisfy Shaneus' insatiable hunger.

Shaneus

Salazar said:
An 8 pack of Creme Eggs for $10.

Strikes me as a steal.
Try 48 for $15. Whoop.

Edit: Damnit, my hunger *is* satiable! I just eat because I want to, not because I'm hungry.

Wait, does that even make sense?

Clipper

Bernbaum said:
You are Choc's father.

You forgot:

VOOK kills Fredescu

Clipper

jambo said:
Also:

Clipper burns AusGAF down and then flees to a Mexican beach resort.

AusGAF 2.0 was real, but AusGAF 3.0 is really a type of purgatory where we can live out the posts we could have made, then eventually meet in a church, along with those that were banned, to move on...

Choc

Banned
so apple is fucked.....

Apple may have denied that it's tracking iPhone customers, but a patent application filed in 2009 suggests the company was planning to base services on a history of where a handset had been.

Other handsets perform similar tasks, but Apple yesterday denied tracking users and claimed that only a bug in the system was causing the phone to store location data on handsets for up to a year. Even data detailing which cells and Wi-Fi hotspots were in range need only be kept for a week, the company said.

Yet this appears to contradict a patent application for “Location Histories for Location Aware Devices” that Apple filed with the US Patent and Trademark office in September 2009.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/...t-thickens---iphone-tracker-was-patented.aspx

Clipper said:
AusGAF 2.0 was real, but AusGAF 3.0 is really a type of purgatory where we can live out the posts we could have made, then eventually meet in a church, along with those that were banned, to move on...
Can I be Rinoa?

trinest

Clipper said:
But sometimes people go back to AusGAF 2.0 and then commit suicide to get back to AusGAF 3.0

Err.

Rezbit

Just had to deal with the "total security" malware. Almost looks like an official program, won't let you access any internet browser and shuts down your anti-virus. Fun fun fun fun. No idea how it got onto my system, but needless to say AVG free has gotten the flick and I've hopped on to MSE. Also grabbed Malware Bytes, although no idea if that works on a trial or what.

Time to get some beer for the footy. I've heard Broo is good so I might get that.

Rezbit said:
needless to say AVG free has gotten the flick and I've hopped on to MSE.
Time to get some beer for the footy. I've heard Broo is good so I might get that.
Everyone should be on MSE, spread the word! Glad I changed over a month ago, glad to get rid of that resource hog AVG.

Also it is Guinness season. Drink Guiness. Or Golden Ale.

Fredescu

legend166 said:
Why did you do that? You made me go through his post history and lose IQ points.
I had a feeling VKS got the name slightly wrong so I googled up what I thought it was and found that. I have to give it to the guy, he has some good trolls:

"Pretty sure it's only Xbros who are making a big deal about it. PS3 owners are all, "Damn dawg PSN is down. Guess I'm just going to have to have sex with ladies and drink some imported beers." "

"Can see why the hackers chose Sony to target. I mean if terrorists get hold of a nuke do you think they are going to launch it at New York or some shit jungle tribe in Africa? "

legend166

Fredescu said:
I had a feeling VKS got the name slightly wrong so I googled up what I thought it was and found that. I have to give it to the guy, he has some good trolls:

"Pretty sure it's only Xbros who are making a big deal about it. PS3 owners are all, "Damn dawg PSN is down. Guess I'm just going to have to have sex with ladies and drink some imported beers." "

"Can see why the hackers chose Sony to target. I mean if terrorists get hold of a nuke do you think they are going to launch it at New York or some shit jungle tribe in Africa? "

Don't forget these gems:

"I hope the hackers buy ps3's with my credit card details. They probably need to buy quite a few so they can play all the games."

"The whole thing is free advertising for Sony really, the final nail is already in the 360 coffin."

I don't think he's a troll.

legend166 said:
Don't forget these gems:

"I hope the hackers buy ps3's with my credit card details. They probably need to buy quite a few so they can play all the games."

"The whole thing is free advertising for Sony really, the final nail is already in the 360 coffin."

I don't think he's a troll.
The Dude has a PHD so he can't be a troll can he?

On another note I read this on the wiki for the Saturn game D and thought it was funny considering how shit a time it has been getting an R18 rating here.
Because the storyline and graphic FMVs were more horrifying than any video game that had yet been released, head developer Kenji Eno resorted to a trick in order to get D published. The game was originally developed with no storyline, and Eno kept the story sequences a secret even from the other members of WARP. When the game was finished, he submitted a "clean" version (i.e. without the violent and disturbing story content of the complete version) for approval. He deliberately submitted the master late, knowing that part of the penalty was that he would have to deliver it by hand to the manufacturers in the USA. While on the plane ride to the USA, he switched the phony "clean" discs with the finalized discs, thus completely bypassing all censorship

Also another NFS? I thought they wanted to improve the brand not run it into the ground?

NFS World - Black Box - 27/06/2010
NFS Hot Pursuit - Criterion - 18/11/2010
NFS Shift 2 - Slightly Mad - 31/03/2011
NFS The Run - Black Box - 18/11/2011

Looks like a story based NFS similar to Undercover...

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Also another NFS? I thought they wanted to improve the brand not run it into the ground?

NFS World - Black Box - 27/06/2010
NFS Hot Pursuit - Criterion - 18/11/2010
NFS Shift 2 - Slightly Mad - 31/03/2011
NFS The Run - Black Box - 18/11/2011

Looks like a story based NFS similar to Undercover...
Um, what? I remember when NFS was a virtual catalogue/showroom of cars that was cool as well as fun, not that b/s. SMFH.

Shaneus said:
Um, what? I remember when NFS was a virtual catalogue/showroom of cars that was cool as well as fun, not that b/s. SMFH.
My parents computer came with NFS SE. Soooo many hours hurtling around that desert track with the bumper cam. Loved Underground 2 as well, lots of cars and customisation. Hot Pursuit was great fun too. Undercover and Shift were pretty mediocre though, plenty of better games did what they tried to do.

Shaneus said:
Franchise has moved on with some parts of car culture. Move on too and play Forza or Gran Turismo instead.

Jintor

Rezbit said:
Just had to deal with the "total security" malware. Almost looks like an official program, won't let you access any internet browser and shuts down your anti-virus. Fun fun fun fun. No idea how it got onto my system, but needless to say AVG free has gotten the flick and I've hopped on to MSE. Also grabbed Malware Bytes, although no idea if that works on a trial or what.

God, terrible terrible one. If you're running MSE at the time it'll stab that in the dick as well, although it takes a little amount of time and MSE will at least flag it before it goes down, so you have a chance. I eventually admitted defeat (because this stupid computer won't boot into safe mode with a USB keyboard) so I just rolled back the system to the beginning of the day.

I fucking hate those malware scareware programs.

Shaneus

codswallop said:
Franchise has moved on with some parts of car culture. Move on too and play Forza or Gran Turismo instead.
Oh, I have... would just be awesome to have the ultra-tacky car videos made like in NFS:SE (holy hell how I loved the Lambo one), but I'm guessing we might get something similar with Forza 4 and the Top Gear tie-in.

Top Bottom