• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Bernbaum said:
Costello's frankness in his interviews was a dessert-like treat. Intelligent man, far more appealing to moderates like me, yet ultimately doomed by the unflinching determination of his liege and his own sulkish streak of character.
The people who are willing to go 100% at what they want are almost always the ones who get what they want. Reason be damned.

reptilescorpio said:
Yeah that is fantastic, along with that Hey! I Shot That! DVD that htey put out.

oh my god this is amazing everyone needs to watch this. i tell people about it and everyone wants to see it. its soo good. i love the guy who randomly goes for a piss and is very happy about letting us see

Fredescu said:
Then your defense of the Storm's "proud history" is entirely due to low standards.

What specifically about the dogs makes you say this? Is it the breaching of the cap? Bad player behaviour? I'm not going to pretend everything is perfect but the dogs have still achieved a lot and have plenty to be proud of.

Fredescu

AdventureRacing said:
What specifically about the dogs makes you say this? Is it the breaching of the cap? Bad player behaviour?
The poor management of the Coffs Harbour affair made the club synonymous with rape, and brought the whole code down a few notches. The salary cap and the related property development scandals weren't much chop either.

No amount of premierships can make up for bringing the code into disrepute in the major way that both clubs have, and neither club deserve to call their history "proud".

Fredescu said:
The poor management of the Coffs Harbour affair made the club synonymous with rape, and brought the whole code down a few notches. The salary cap and the related property development scandals weren't much chop either.

No amount of premierships can make up for bringing the code into disrepute in the major way that both clubs have, and neither club deserve to call their history "proud".

Well i tend to think that the dogs history spans for more than a 5 or so year period. I also never implied that premierships were the only thing that the club could be proud of.

Played a few demoes last night. First was From Dust. Absolutely love the way sand erodes and the physics of the whole thing. Not sure if I care for Lemmings with fancy physics, though.

Bastion seems pretty swish, too. Think I might pick that up after I return from holidays.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, though, fuck that shit. I couldn't even figure out how to get out of the FIRST ROOM and only managed to somehow fluke it. Then I played for a bit, didn't care for the controls and once these giant worms blocked my way and there was no obvious way around them (despite scanning and using the thing it told me to use), I instantly deleted it.

Oh yeah, also played Toy Soldiers Cold War. Pretty forgettable tower defense game really, but alright for a few minutes. Couldn't imagine ever wanting to play the full game.

Went back to playing Clash of Heroes instead, which I've really been enjoying.

I'm not sure I'm excited about Skyward Sword, which is sad, as Zelda was always one of my favourite franchises. After Twilight Princess I've become pretty blasé about the whole thing.

Are there any good videos or previews that highlight what's different and why I want it? I'm sure I want it, but don't know much about it. Last I recall seeing was an E3 demo from last year and that didn't provide any interest whatsoever which turned me off on the whole thing. But I do love me some Zelda.

Clipper

Honestly, I think the total lack of hype for Skyward Sword is a great thing. The other recent Zeldas were hyped to the extreme, leaving most disappointed when they didn't live up to expectations, but they were still amazing when compared to other games.

Skyward Sword has a few things going for it. The Wii MotionPlus sword control looks like a ton of fun and should hopefully shut up the anti-waggle crowd. Add to that the other motion benefits, like bomb rolling, beetle flying and 3D object manipulation puzzles and you have a great use of the Wii's features as its defining point. Nintendo is keeping particularly silent on the story for once, meaning we don't have a whole ton of hype about floods, Link dying and other stuff that would never happen, but people were expecting due to mass hype.

The proof will come when the game releases and people will start trying it out properly. Without the massive expectations, there is little room for disappointment when it doesn't meet the unobtainable goals. I expect it to be a bit of a sleeper hit, as it clearly won't sell as high as the other games out of the gate, but people can really only be impressed at this point. Of course, there's also the chance the anti-hype is justified and it will totally flop, but that seems very unlikely (as likely as the ultra-hype of Twilight Princess being justified).

Long story short, don't get hyped. There is a lot of new stuff to separate this from the previous games. Enjoy it for what it is and you'll likely be pleasantly surprised.

Choc

Banned
also i've decided to chuck an andrew bolt and stop talking about politics in here.

cbf'd

so football, current affairs and games is it.

No matter what you think about Hicks the AU government haven't got a legal right to hold his money, he wasn't charged with a crime here so cannot under the act be earning proceeds of crime.

Also, who thinks the High Court will rule in favour of the Government today?

and
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/socie...t-be-so-sweet-at-the-core-20110830-1jk04.html

and Omi parker to spurs 5 million. WH is now fucked

Omikron

Choc said:
and Omi parker to spurs 5 million. WH is now fucked

They are not. Parker didn't look to be trying when he played this season and we played better without him against Forest.

Also signed Papa Bouba Diop on a free last night. Also, we signed a whole mother fucking country, Montenegro. :)

Shaneus

codswallop said:
Played a few demoes last night. First was From Dust. Absolutely love the way sand erodes and the physics of the whole thing. Not sure if I care for Lemmings with fancy physics, though.

Bastion seems pretty swish, too. Think I might pick that up after I return from holidays.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, though, fuck that shit. I couldn't even figure out how to get out of the FIRST ROOM and only managed to somehow fluke it. Then I played for a bit, didn't care for the controls and once these giant worms blocked my way and there was no obvious way around them (despite scanning and using the thing it told me to use), I instantly deleted it.

Oh yeah, also played Toy Soldiers Cold War. Pretty forgettable tower defense game really, but alright for a few minutes. Couldn't imagine ever wanting to play the full game.

Went back to playing Clash of Heroes instead, which I've really been enjoying.
You should try out Trenched, Costume Quest and Stacking. All quite different but charming games. Personality goes a long way, to quote Jules.

Choc said:
It's true (and i have often wondered this) that people dont talk to each other anymore because of ipods on trains etc

People that are going to be listening to music on public transportation instead of talking to others have already been doing so for decades by way of walkmen, discmen etc. It's not like portable music players were a rarity before the iPod.

elfinke

Shaneus said:
You should try out Trenched, Costume Quest and Stacking. All quite different but charming games. Personality goes a long way, to quote Jules.

Trenched is such a great game. I really enjoyed it.

Losing Parker will Spur WH onto greater things, you watch.

That article pretty well sums up my feelings about Apple. I've never understood the adulation people have for Jobs. There are cool gadgets that come out every year that don't get half the adulation that Apple releasing a new iteration of something does.

Choc

Banned
Box of Bunnies said:
People that are going to be listening to music on public transportation instead of talking to others have already been doing so for decades by way of walkmen, discmen etc. It's not like portable music players were a rarity before the iPod.

it does seem a lot more prominent now though

Choc

Banned
They say that genuis is the definition of insanity, and there is no footballer who proves this more than Di Canio there is no doubt

Kritz

Banned
Might as well post this before Choc does:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/jz1v2/tonight_i_was_exposed_as_a_wealthy_conman_on/http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/jz1v2/tonight_i_was_exposed_as_a_wealthy_conman_on/

Dude on Reddit had footage of his game shown on ACA for being a scam, when his game is apparently nothing of the sort.

... in the middle of an A Current Affair exposé on "apps trying to steal your money". In this case the real story was about the (barely) similarly named Tap Pet Hotel app, which cost one user almost $4000 in unexpected charges, but some lazy researcher decided to just run footage from my app half-way in.

Choc

Banned
Kritz said:
Might as well post this before Choc does:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/jz1v2/tonight_i_was_exposed_as_a_wealthy_conman_on/http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/jz1v2/tonight_i_was_exposed_as_a_wealthy_conman_on/

Dude on Reddit had footage of his game shown on ACA for being a scam, when his game is apparently nothing of the sort.

here's the thing. None of it is a fucking scam if you use the systems properly. Fucking ACA

If people keep clicking buy shit, who's fault is it?

Shaneus said:
Tried Trenched, didn't care for it. Tried Stacking, didn't mind it but never "got" it. It's been on the list if I ever see it cheap.

Gazunta

Yeah, me too. I know he's been doing a lot of fishing around for quotes whenever something happens, and it's pretty clear that he's actually doing this journalism thing I keep hearing about but never did myself.

Man, I feel like I'm moving out of a house I've lived in for ten years. So many memories and such an attachment to this place.
And I know I'm going to forget something when I leave.

jambo

Gazunta said:
Man, I feel like I'm moving out of a house I've lived in for ten years. So many memories and such an attachment to this place.
And I know I'm going to forget something when I leave.

I'm moving too, this weekend. Got the Friday off and my housemates have Thursday off too so hopefully everything will be in the new house by Saturday arvo.

Plus I have to hang around at the new place from 8am-1pm Friday morning to wait for Internode/Telstra to set my Naked up.

hamchan

Choc said:
i posted that 2 posts ago.

There are many salient points in that article. It's true (and i have often wondered this) that people dont talk to each other anymore because of ipods on trains etc

Yep, in my 8 years straight of taking public transport I haven't once talked to a stranger lol. Sometimes when someone sits next to me on the train or bus I don't even look at them for the whole ride.

Frawdder

Finished A Clash of Kings last night. Not as good as A Game of Thrones I thought but still a great book. Onto A Storm of Swords.

I think I've read more (as far as books are concerned) in the past five weeks than I have for the entire time before that, guess I just needed to find the right series to get me going. Hopefully this leads me to reading more awesome books that I have missed out on.

Frawdder said:
Finished A Clash of Kings last night. Not as good as A Game of Thrones I thought but still a great book. Onto A Storm of Swords.

I think I've read more (as far as books are concerned) in the past five weeks than I have for the entire time before that, guess I just needed to find the right series to get me going. Hopefully this leads me to reading more awesome books that I have missed out on.
I'm in the midst of A Clash of Kings right now. Joffrey deserves to die via a good swift sword thrust in the balls. Right in the balls. After being viciously raped by aurochs, naturally.

elektrixx

Banned
jambo said:
Where is the cheapest place to get BF3 with the "Back to Karkand" expansion?
Buy an Origin key off one of those half-dodgy key selling sites. If I didn't already preorder that's what I'd do.

Unless those keys only give you vanilla BF3.

Jintor

Choc said:
There are many salient points in that article. It's true (and i have often wondered this) that people dont talk to each other anymore because of ipods on trains etc

This is an area of media theory relating to personal worlds and whatnot.

Consider though how many people spoke with random strangers on trains beforehand anyway, though. Personal bubbles have probably lowered this number, but it was probably never high to begin with.

Choc said:
here's the thing. None of it is a fucking scam if you use the systems properly. Fucking ACA

If people keep clicking buy shit, who's fault is it?

What about like that bloody Smurfs game that was supes easy for kids to rack up huge bills for their parents by accident?

Apple are style over substance. They package things brilliantly and cater to their market perfectly. They are gods of marketing. They create percevied value in their products when any other product is better value based on the product itself. They saw an underutilised market of afluent artistic (in their minds) people who wanted a beautiful looking computer that would make people swoon in appreciation. Laptops arent bad at least.

Top Bottom