• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
midonnay said:
according to someone on Sky news.... we still have to accept the 4000 refugees from Malaysia....

that would truly be epic fail if true >_<

yes this is true, Bowen confirmed it 3 weeks ago. I don't mind that.

Choc

Banned
oh Australia......

Where do you think asylum seekers should be processed?
The Australian mainland
44%
Malaysia
3%
Papua New Guinea
1%
East Timor
0%
Nauru
25%
Nowhere - send them home

Omikron

midonnay said:
no the government's policy

they've been bouncing around from Indo to east timor to papua new guinea to malaysia

one disaster after another

Only because a vast number of Australians don't want to have to deal with 'refugees' on their doorstep.

Just process them quickly and efficiently inside Australia and be done with. Tell all those that don't like it to get fucked.

Omi said:
Taking more refugees is a fail?

If them reffos want to take a boat to a new home they should find a nice vacant country of their own to settle like we did.

It should be completely obvious that I'm joking but just to be sure, j/k.

VOOK said:
I swear GAF are the only people who give a shit about that game.

Totally. I had honestly never heard of the entire Persona/Shin Megami series before I started reading GAF, and I still don't really give a crap about it. But you could say that about most JRPGs as well so it's not really a surprise.

I actually don't mind just AusGAF IV: A new hope. What with R18 and stuff.
Although the collapsing industry and still having to deal with ridiculously high pricing doesn't really gel too well does it?

midonnay

jambo said:

the whole point of the malaysia deal is a swap for naughty asylum seekers with good asylum seekers.

1 for 5 belly good deal, big deterrent etc .....that was how it was sold.

how is it going to look to the public that 1 for 5 now becomes "uhm disregard, we're taking them all >_>; "

Jintor

FallbackPants said:
Totally. I had honestly never heard of the entire Persona/Shin Megami series before I started reading GAF, and I still don't really give a crap about it. But you could say that about most JRPGs as well so it's not really a surprise.

It's a niche, and sadly so in my opinion, but that's probably just because I'm into it now.

PS Ausgaf IV: A New Hope is fantastic.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tons of folk on PALGN love the Shin Megami/Persona franchise and talk about it all the time. But here and there are the only places I hear of it.

If you kids want to start planning for 4.0 that would be dandy. Still a good few posts away, but it might tick over on the weekend at this rate.

hamchan

MegaTen has always been a super niche series until Persona 3 came out. That's when I and plenty of other people actually noticed the series and realized how good it is. Now it's easily one of the more popular JRPG series after the big guns like FF and DQ.

elfinke

reptilescorpio said:
...shit. Im stuck in Williamstown while the gf has an appointment. Would people frown upon taking my kid to a sportsbar?

ABC grandstand yo. Rain has delayed the start, but we won the toss atleast.

Deeku

FallbackPants said:
It's always been a pretty niche series until the explosion of P3/P4. If you have any interest in jrpgs at all, you should really check them out.

Edit: lol double beaten

I'm actually not that excited since I don't like huge jrpgs put on portables. Too much strain on my neck.

Fredescu

Aren't a bunch of you people big fans of that Giant Bomb thing? Don't they have hours and hours of video of a Persona playthrough? But sure, only on GAF.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
Aren't a bunch of you people big fans of that Giant Bomb thing? Don't they have hours and hours of video of a Persona playthrough? But sure, only on GAF.

I am fairly sure I played Persona before I joined gaf, but anyway.

Watson just hit 4 x 4s in an over 8)

Jintor

Wildgoose is hyped for Driver (which is to say the corners of his mouth twitched when he was talking about it) so I might look into it when it turns up on OzGameShop and I get paid.

Thinking of upgrading the PC first though, of course. And buying a shitload of ebooks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
El Shaddai and the laptop from Alienware finally fucking arrived.

Shaneus

Choc said:
VIDEO GAMES

who is buying driver tommorow
No-one. At all, I'm guessing. At least not me, anyway. If I want something arcadey, I'll play PGR4. If I want something simmy, I'll wait for Forza 4.

Demo really didn't impress me in the slightest.

markot

Banned
Pretty stupid of Labor to think that they could get refugees into Malaysia even though they havent signed the international agreement or have any local laws dealing with the treatment of asylum seekers and refugees in a fair and humane way that is up to international standards >_>

hamchan said:
MegaTen has always been a super niche series until Persona 3 came out. That's when I and plenty of other people actually noticed the series and realized how good it is. Now it's easily one of the more popular JRPG series after the big guns like FF and DQ.
Helps that it got a wide release finally.

Also the amount of houses along the waterfront here getting renovated is incredible. Found a good swing for the boy at least

elfinke

legend166 said:
I've checked the website. They aren't covering it.

Ah bugger. I'm just tuned in on the ABC sportal page, since ***box.tv aren't covering it. No worries, knock off time in t-minus 20 minutes!

Damn, 2-fa now.

Gazunta

Signing off one last time from the old Krome offices. I've cleaned out my desk, changed the desktop to a Rainbow Islands picture and am taking home a framed picture of the cover to The Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.

I'M NOT CRYING

midonnay

Omi said:
Only because a vast number of Australians don't want to have to deal with 'refugees' on their doorstep.

Just process them quickly and efficiently inside Australia and be done with. Tell all those that don't like it to get fucked.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/po...-its-homework-20110831-1jlg4.html?from=age_sb

As the government wallows from misfortune to misery, the High Court has ruled 6-1 against the Malaysia solution. It has also cast doubt over the legality of Nauru, the opposition’s preferred option, and even Manus Island, the government’s plan B. This is the most interventionist decision by the Court in three decades.

while the Coalition opposes using Malaysia. It supports Nauru. So too do some in the government.

If Nauru survives the High Court decision, the government could do a lot worse than back down, swallow its pride and opt for Nauru and Manus Island - the old Pacific solution.

looks like its either that or try the Pacific solution again at the high court unless they can change legislation (fat chance)

this is utter humiliation

Top Bottom