• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

FallbackPants said:
Oh good, the test season has only been going on for half and hour and I'm already depressed about it
Plan on drowning my sorrows once I get home to another shitty first innings. Le sigh. We need another half decent cricket game so I can make the Aussies be number one again.

Choc

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Princes freeway is so stressful stuff right about now. Hate being a country boy sometimes. Move your damn cars! Speed limit says 100 not stop!

how the fuck are you posting driving? :|

Fredescu

Did you buy them for capital gains, or for dividends? If the former, make sure you have an exit point in mind. If the latter, you don't care about day to day ups and downs. "Time in the market, not timing the market" and all that.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Here's a question.

If a vegatarian sucks dick, does that make them a hipocrite?

Ventron

Fredescu said:
Did you buy them for capital gains, or for dividends? If the former, make sure you have an exit point in mind. If the latter, you don't care about day to day ups and downs. "Time in the market, not timing the market" and all that.

I don't know what a good dividend is like on the stock market, but based on current figures I'll get a couple hundred dollars per year.
I originally intended for capital gains and do have an exit point in mind, but if the dividends stay strong I might just keep them.

Fredescu

"Couldn't have been plumber had he been fixing pipes." Good old Cricinfo.

Ventron said:
I don't know what a good dividend is like on the stock market
Just figure out what percentage you're getting and compare it to something low risk like a savings account (remembering to take into account the different in tax if they're franked). ING are doing 6.35%, so if you're ahead of that you're golden.

Jintor

So I plugged in my brand new PS3 and started watchin' me some Blurays only to hear some goddamn cricket-chirping kind of squeak coming out of my set-up. Thought my the Bluray player was on the brink or some bullshit, but instead it's my HDTV that's giving up the ghost. I never noticed it before, although admittedly I don't really use that TV for much besides the 360 and that thing is noisy as fuck.

So basically, what to do Ausgaf halp

BMWy5.jpg

Bernbaum

Gazunta said:
Signing off one last time from the old Krome offices. I've cleaned out my desk, changed the desktop to a Rainbow Islands picture and am taking home a framed picture of the cover to The Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.

I'M NOT CRYING
2ewlkx0.jpg

Choc said:
ausgaf chat when a game comes out is shit :D

no one talks :D
Ausgaf is shit for productivity. More addicting than Facebook.

There isn't much better in this world than beer, Futurama and Toridon. Too bad the latest Entourage was shit. Having second thoughts about the rest of the season which sucks because it started out great.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
COSIGNED TO INFINITY AND BEYOND. We should hang out sometime. And play RoN.
I *just* finished watching Toy Story 3. Definitely check it out! I may have even teared up toward the end, too :/

Agree with you on Entourage, too. It wasn't even an episode where you *might* like it... there was nothing going for it at all. There's only an hour left, too. Not feeling too hopeful for a great (or even interesting) ending :(

Display port to HDMI Adapter, 10m HDMI cable and a wireless 360 Controller receiver, I'm hooking this bitch up to my TV. Anyone hook their computer up to their TV? Seeing as the res is 1920x1080, it's going to run heaps better than on the iMac which is 2560x1440 and it won't look blurry, at least that's what I'm hoping. :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
reptilescorpio said:
Ausgaf is shit for productivity. More addicting than Facebook.

There isn't much better in this world than beer, Futurama and Toridon. Too bad the latest Entourage was shit. Having second thoughts about the rest of the season which sucks because it started out great.

The season was never great though!

I think the biggest problem with entourage, which isn't really a problem in real life but is in TV, is that everyone actually sorta grew up and become more mature. There's no more sleezy vince, lots of tits around, hot girls with said tits. It's all about them becoming, ah, "men"? I guess instead of being young boys in a world full of pussy.

It's just not silly entertainment anymore.

evlcookie said:
The season was never great though!

I think the biggest problem with entourage, which isn't really a problem in real life but is in TV, is that everyone actually sorta grew up and become more mature. There's no more sleezy vince, lots of tits around, hot girls with said tits. It's all about them becoming, ah, "men"? I guess instead of being young boys in a world full of pussy.

It's just not silly entertainment anymore.
Its about everyone's own issues now rather than about the chemistry between the guys and their reliance on each other to make it in the world. I get the feeling that was the original intent of the show when pitched by Mark Wahlberg, a bunch of little fish best friends trying to make their way in the dangerous fish tank of Hollywood culture. Once they made it more about trying to branch out on their own and make money it lost the magical link between the guys that we could look at as a window into the relationships we would like to have with people in our lives. It was especially poignant while me and my uni mates were watching it in our dorm rooms although the underlying thread wasn't apparent to us at the time. Plus great boobs.

Sutton Dagger said:
Display port to HDMI Adapter, 10m HDMI cable and a wireless 360 Controller receiver, I'm hooking this bitch up to my TV. Anyone hook their computer up to their TV? Seeing as the res is 1920x1080, it's going to run heaps better than on the iMac which is 2560x1440 and it won't look blurry, at least that's what I'm hoping. :)
I've hooked my pc up to my 50 inch plasma several times and it took a bit of dicking around in the nvidia display settings but it comes up really great even though the tv isn't top of the range. You will be very happy with comfy couch master race gaming. Just make sure to change the settings for hz!

Top Bottom