• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Gazunta

Jintor said:
Man, between drawing a picture and posting the damn thing all my love for my creation drains out and is replaced with a cold, sinking feeling that i've failed forever.
POST IT

...I hate the last five comics I did. Doesnt matter. Next week's will be better.

Mar

So, Tony Mott's 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die is very good. I've started reading it from page one and intend to go through it all. Every game has been justified and described in an interesting way. There may be some odd choices or omissions but reading the pieces for each provides the context of why.

Great stuff.

So it seems there's no way short of formatting the hard disk to remove patches from an Xbox 360, meaning I can't play Fallout New Vegas until Obsidian figures out how to patch their patch properly and then have it go through Microsoft's certification process (which worked out so well last time around).

codswallop said:
So it seems there's no way short of formatting the hard disk to remove patches from an Xbox 360, meaning I can't play Fallout New Vegas until Obsidian figures out how to patch their patch properly and then have it go through Microsoft's certification process (which worked out so well last time around).
Wait really? I remember removing content individually from my HDD to make room?

Jintor said:
Spoilers for Portal 2. I'll post something else instead. >>
Any chance of a PM?

Mar said:
Every game has been justified and described in an interesting way. There may be some odd choices or omissions but reading the pieces for each provides the context of why.
This right here makes it worth a pickup for me. Don't agree with the list but I will defend the rights of people to make their own choices in life.

Shaneus said:
Curious to see why he chose Star Control 3 and not 2. Will buy for that alone!
"I don't like even numbers. They creep me out. Plus more alien boobs in SC3. 5/5 on the Kritz metre."

Shaneus

Mar said:
So, Tony Mott's 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die is very good. I've started reading it from page one and intend to go through it all. Every game has been justified and described in an interesting way. There may be some odd choices or omissions but reading the pieces for each provides the context of why.

Great stuff.
Curious to see why he chose Star Control 3 and not 2. Will buy for that alone!

reptilescorpio said:
Wait really? I remember removing content individually from my HDD to make room?
I specifically asked the @XboxSupport guys if I could either selectively remove patches or remove all patches for a game and their answer was a definitive "no". You can clear "cache" (whatever that is), or remove DLC, saves, etc but you can't delete patches for a game.

Not that I can find at least.

codswallop said:
I specifically asked the @XboxSupport guys if I could either selectively remove patches or remove all patches for a game and their answer was a definitive "no". You can clear "cache" (whatever that is), or remove DLC, saves, etc but you can't delete patches for a game.

Clearing the cache removes all patches IIRC

Neverender said:
Clearing the cache removes all patches IIRC
That's what I figured which is why I did it first. But problem where Fallout New Vegas won't load my saves still persists, so it's either permanently changed them or the patch is still there.

codswallop said:

Try going into your HDD and deleting all New Vega content aside from the saves. I have deleted everything from a game and then been asked to install patches when I have re-played them down the track.

reptilescorpio said:
Try going into your HDD and deleting all New Vega content aside from the saves. I have deleted everything from a game and then been asked to install patches when I have re-played them down the track.
I might have another look tomorrow as I honestly only had a quick look this afternoon. If it is possible I wonder why the official notices neglected to mention it.

Gives me a good excuse to play Bioshock 2 this weekend anyway.

Tricky I Shadow said:
I've been wanting a laptop and a friend recommended this one for me.
If you're not looking for something portable (that is, you'd only ever use it on a desk and move it infrequently), then it looks pretty good. The only upgrade you might want to consider is a SSD (but that would mean less storage space for the large gain in speed).

Hey, they have Portal 2 ads on FTA TV.

Jintor

I'll leave some sketches here, and link the Portal 2 spoiler one, yeah.

tumblr_lkf59rI4Bc1qgs4kh

Ydahs

Some dude keeps on spamming (for a couple of weeks now) my site's chat so I ban him. He makes more accounts, spams and then IP ban! He sends me an email asking for an unban claiming he's done nothing wrong and from his email I realize he uses another forum I go on. I check his public email account from that forum and its tied to one of his half a dozen spam accounts...

Well, I reply to his email asking him to check his inbox on the forum since I sent him a PM. Googled his spam account's username and seems he's been banned from other footy sites, even asking for people's CC numbers on one.

This guy is actually a respected member and great contributor of the forum I found him on, so why he wastes his time trolling other forums relentlessly is beyond me.

</a day in my life>

Nemesis_

Neverender said:
Just got MK, is there a way to get the online pass to work with my gamer tag? Is it like dlc and xbla games where if I download it on this console (with a US account) it can be used by all the accounts on my console?

Does it not work when you type it in? =/

Shaneus

Jintor said:
I'll leave some sketches here, and link the Portal 2 spoiler one, yeah.

http://jintor.tumblr.com/photo/1280/5042033371/1/tumblr_lkf59rI4Bc1qgs4kh[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm constantly blown away by the level of talent often shown here in AusGAF. Feel free to post any (or all) of your shit here, I really do like your style. Kritz ad Gaz, <3 yours, too!

This morning, my cable internet truly came into it's own. No idea how, but I managed to find seasons 1-4 of Futurama on Usenet, saving me the trouble of trying to rip all my DVDs. Not only that, they were in h264 format (woo!) AND they'd bothered to rip both the audio and commentary tracks. Got them all in a ridiculous amount of time, too.

Someone out there in internet land really does care about the series as much as I do :)

kase23

Small competition time!
Read somewhere this morning that today is the last day to redeem the free copy of Mass Effect 2 (PC) that came with DA2,it so happens that I have such a code sitting around unused,
So AusGaf who here hasn't played this splendor of a game yet and would like to? (or would like a PC copy to complement your inferior console version :p), provided you don't mind using the horrid EA store downloader.
In exchange I want an MS paint rendition of a local landmark from the town/burb/city you reside in, ill pick an entry randomly when i get back from the markets later today.

kase23 said:
Small competition time!
Read somewhere this morning that today is the last day to redeem the free copy of Mass Effect 2 (PC) that came with DA2,it so happens that I have such a code sitting around unused,
So AusGaf who here hasn't played this splendor of a game yet and would like to? (or would like a PC copy to complement your inferior console version :p), provided you don't mind using the horrid EA store downloader.
In exchange I want an MS paint rendition of a local landmark from the town/burb/city you reside in, ill pick an entry randomly when i get back from the markets later today.
May 1st 2011 4:59pm is the cut off time.

Ydahs said:
This guy is actually a respected member and great contributor of the forum I found him on, so why he wastes his time trolling other forums relentlessly is beyond me.
Dude has to put food on the table somehow. They guy who ripped me off trying to buy a PS3 had a very active bigfooty account that he had to leave behind when I started hassling his online accounts. People can be jerks and if they see an opportunity to make some quick, easy money they may do it.

Nemesis556 said:
Does it not work when you type it in? =/

Yes it is invalid on my Aussie GT. My theory worked though, I made a US account and downloaded the online pass, now any tag on my console can play online. Can't take it to a friend's house and play though :/

Rezbit

After SA saying they'll go it alone, ACT are also saying that if the gaming classification isn't sorted out soon they will too.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Neverender said:
Just got MK, is there a way to get the online pass to work with my gamer tag? Is it like dlc and xbla games where if I download it on this console (with a US account) it can be used by all the accounts on my console?

I've got it aswell and yes if you use it on a US account it works for all profiles. Add Nedjoe on xbl if you are up for some games!

Edit: Whoops didn't see you already tested it. Do you have trouble getting the online to work? It always tells me the MK servers are unavailable but I think that is the developers problem.

Nedjoe said:
I've got it aswell and yes if you use it on a US account it works for all profiles. Add Nedjoe on xbl if you are up for some games!

Edit: Whoops didn't see you already tested it. Do you have trouble getting the online to work? It always tells me the MK servers are unavailable but I think that is the developers problem.
Yeah tried to search for games but never found any. Will add you but I suck!

It's that time again! Where I clear out the most precious gaming treasures that I haven't touched in ages and clear out space in my shelves and drawers. This time, it's pretty much all Nintendo, all the time.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/vicious_killer_squirrel/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Systems:

Gameboy Advance SP2+ (AGS-101 backlit model)

Playstation 2 + accessories

DS:

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (cartridge only)

Radiant Historia w/ Music CD

Tingle's Balloon Fight

GBA:

Final Fantasy VI Advance

NES Classics: Legend of Zelda (cartridge only)

NES Classics: Zelda II The Adventure of Link

Gameboy Color:

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (No box)

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (cartridge only)

Wii:

Kirby's Epic Yarn (JP version)

Super Mario Galaxy (US version)

Gamecube:

Super Mario Sunshine

Anyone want a boyfriend pillow? http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?products_id=27999

This is gold.

Enjoy an embrace every night from a completely faithful boyfriend!

edit:

I'm trying to buy The Godfather Trilogy on Blu-ray from TheHut.com (or zavvi) but when I'm in the check-out putting in my details for the delivery, Australia isn't one of the available countries listed. Help?!?

edit2: I was trying to use Paypal and when I choose credit card instead, a lot more options for country are available. I guess I have to use a credit card then.

Rahk

roosters93 said:
I'm trying to buy The Godfather Trilogy on Blu-ray from TheHut.com (or zavvi) but when I'm in the check-out putting in my details for the delivery, Australia isn't one of the available countries listed. Help?!?

edit2: I was trying to use Paypal and when I choose credit card instead, a lot more options for country are available. I guess I have to use a credit card then.
Damn, that's cheap. Too bad I already bought it from Amazon for like triple the price.

OneMoreQuestion said:
What's The Godfather? Is it good?
I hear it was based on Grand Theft Auto 3.

I have to assume it's a joke post, because everyone knows The Godfather and how good it is, right? Right?

elfinke

Tricky I Shadow said:
I've been wanting a laptop and a friend recommended this one for me.

What do you guys think? I’m clueless about laptops....should I jump in?

Seems like great bangforbuck, but have a quick browse over here and here as they have some pretty great gear as well. I'm not sure what your desire is, so consider this more of a FYI than a recommendation :D

We've had sun - rain - sun today, getting a bit tired of this cold weather, and it's only the beginning of Autumn :S

Top Bottom