• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus said:
Oh, I have... would just be awesome to have the ultra-tacky car videos made like in NFS:SE (holy hell how I loved the Lambo one), but I'm guessing we might get something similar with Forza 4 and the Top Gear tie-in.
I too am saddened at the direction it's taken, but frankly Forza and GT are better games than NFS ever was. The courses were basically straight lines!

codswallop said:
I too am saddened at the direction it's taken, but frankly Forza and GT are better games than NFS ever was. The courses were basically straight lines!
NFS should be for fun, kinda like PGR but that series is dead in the water now. Trackmania 2 will take up enough of our time anyway. Hot Pursuit was awesome and a new Burnout will come along soon for the fun times racer we need.

Shaneus

Fredescu said:
Don't tell Agyar, but I wish they would put Forza on PC.
I'm going to be giving Race 07 a shot fairly soon to tide me over until Dirt 3 and Forza 4 hit the streets. It gets decent reviews and is pretty cheap, even with the additional packs.

There's a retro pack coming, so I'll probably nab it with that.

Rezbit

Jintor said:
God, terrible terrible one. If you're running MSE at the time it'll stab that in the dick as well, although it takes a little amount of time and MSE will at least flag it before it goes down, so you have a chance. I eventually admitted defeat (because this stupid computer won't boot into safe mode with a USB keyboard) so I just rolled back the system to the beginning of the day.

I fucking hate those malware scareware programs.

Yeah, on another computer I looked up how to fix it. Just had to download a new registry item, then a program to delete the bogus registry files, and from there was able to run exe files again. Malware Bytes took a couple of hours to clean it up and was then good to go.

Dead Man

Fredescu said:
Yeah, that would be awesome. GT5 has disappointed me severely, but I am not buying a 360 for one game. And I don't know of any other collect-a-thon , decent physics model, moderate tuning car games.

Frawdder

Fredescu said:
I'd like this too just so I could try it out. I'm not buying a 360 just for one game.

I'd really like a GT/Forza style game (start with X credits and win credits to upgrade cars and buy better cars etc) on the PC at some stage.

Frawdder said:
I'd like this too just so I could try it out. I'm not buying a 360 just for one game.

I'd really like a GT/Forza style game (start with X credits and win credits to upgrade cars and buy better cars etc) on the PC at some stage.
I think that was what Shift 2 was supposed to be aiming for, take the GT/Forza market on PC. Not sure how well it worked. Hopefully Codemasters is working on one after DIRT 3.

Mar

codswallop said:

Different strokes for different folks. I personally find simulation racers utterly boring.

I also haven't enjoyed an NFS for a good 10 years as well, but that's a different story.

Shaneus

Mar said:
Different strokes for different folks. I personally find simulation racers utterly boring.

I also haven't enjoyed an NFS for a good 10 years as well, but that's a different story.
You haven't played PGR4, have you? It's just unsimmy enough to be fun without having to worry about brakes locking up and all that stuff but it has weather and real-world locations and fun times. If I didn't already have a 360 and knew how good it was, I'd have bought a console for it.

Danoss

Boo, I scheduled my late arvo nap to wake up in time to watch the NRL on 9 at 7:30. I awake to find it is on at 8:30 instead and the wedding is on bloody everywhere with my family screaming at the royal TV presentation something about fancy hats.

Screw it, I'll watch AFL for an hour in SD on 7mate, which is an HD channel.

Frawdder

reptilescorpio said:
I think that was what Shift 2 was supposed to be aiming for, take the GT/Forza market on PC. Not sure how well it worked. Hopefully Codemasters is working on one after DIRT 3.
Hrm, I'd rather EA and Codemasters stay away from that to be honest. Codemasters games are fun but I'm looking for something more on the sim side of the racing genre. I would love to see ISI, Simbin, an offshoot of iRacing (formerly Papyrus) etc. Highly unlikely, but a man can dream.

Fredescu

Mar said:
Forza isn't simmy unless you turn all the stuff off. I just leave it on easy, follow the line, and enjoy the drive.

Dead Man

Frawdder said:
Hrm, I'd rather EA and Codemasters stay away from that to be honest. Codemasters games are fun but I'm looking for something more on the sim side of the racing genre. I would love to see ISI, Simbin, an offshoot of iRacing (formerly Papyrus) etc. Highly unlikely, but a man can dream.
If it could be the codemasters of old (TOCA1 etc) then I would love it, but yeah, new CM stuff is all a bit off for my tastes.

Mar

Shaneus said:
You haven't played PGR4, have you? It's just unsimmy enough to be fun without having to worry about brakes locking up and all that stuff but it has weather and real-world locations and fun times. If I didn't already have a 360 and knew how good it was, I'd have bought a console for it.

No I haven't. I'm kind of a strange 'racing game' player in that for me to be interested (and I become very interested) there needs to be the following things:

* Random traffic
* Stupidly fast
* Good car designs (either real exotics or fictional)
* Some kind of combat (wrecking other drivers, or belting them with a club)
* Boosting

All of these combine to create a chaotic and white knuckle experience that I love. I like to make decisions in a split second and for that decision to either hinder or help. Either way is cool.

Which reminds me. I should check to see if Road Rash is included in this book.

Dead Man

Mar said:
No I haven't. I'm kind of a strange 'racing game' player in that for me to be interested (and I become very interested) there needs to be the following things:

* Random traffic
* Stupidly fast
* Good car designs (either real exotics or fictional)
* Some kind of combat (wrecking other drivers, or belting them with a club)
* Boosting

All of these combine to create a chaotic and white knuckle experience that I love. I like to make decisions in a split second and for that decision to either hinder or help. Either way is cool.

Which reminds me. I should check to see if Road Rash is included in this book.
Midnight Club:LA is awesome for an arcade racer. Real cars, massively fast, traffic, shortcuts, boosts, all the good stuff.

Shaneus said:
You should also play Blur. Multi-format, too!

Yeah Blur is great fun, from the short amount of it I've played. Me and a bunch of mates went to an internet cafe late last year to burn some time before Scott Pilgrim started, we ended up playing Blur and had a ball. Shooting out mines front and back is my favourite aspect of super arcadey, almost kart, racing games.

Sutton Dagger said:
Come on, does the wedding really need to be on every fucking channel?
Wouldn't be anything else worth watching anyway. Better than the usual dreary stuff about killings and the world falling apart. Kinda nice to have something positive on TV for once. Rare these days that anything positive and uplifting is given much airtime.

Shaneus said:
Shaneus said:
You should also play Blur. Multi-format, too!
Have I told you lately how much I like you (your opinion mostly)?

VOOK said:
Vookmobile got hurted :(
Playing too much Mario Kart Vook?

Frawdder

Dead Man said:
If it could be the codemasters of old (TOCA1 etc) then I would love it, but yeah, new CM stuff is all a bit off for my tastes.
Oh yeah, the old Codemasters games were amazing. TOCA Touring Cars and the old Colin McRae rally games took up huge amounts of time during my younger years.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Have I told you lately how much I like you (your opinion mostly)?
Not lately :(
Dead Man said:
Midnight Club:LA is awesome for an arcade racer. Real cars, massively fast, traffic, shortcuts, boosts, all the good stuff.
This is true. Looks fucking great, too... I always intend to put serious time into it but just get caught up in photo mode.

Both Blur and Midnight Club: LA (with the DLC on-disc) should be ridiculously cheap and available for PS3 (MC:LA isn't on PC, which is a massive shame). If you can relate, MC:LA is like an expanded, super-polished American equivalent of Tokyo Highway Challenge.

Shaneus said:
Not lately :(

This is true. Looks fucking great, too... I always intend to put serious time into it but just get caught up in photo mode.

Both Blur and Midnight Club: LA (with the DLC on-disc) should be ridiculously cheap and available for PS3 (MC:LA isn't on PC, which is a massive shame). If you can relate, MC:LA is like an expanded, super-polished American equivalent of Tokyo Highway Challenge.
The PSP version of Midnight Club is really impressive. Recommend it to anyone who like racing on the PSP
:(
Also everyone should buy Burnout Legends! If you like Burnout 2 or 3 it will be your favourite PSP game. Otherwise I would recommend PURE. Fun.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Anyone ever get nocturnal leg cramps? Fuck those, They hurt like hell, Makes me feel like my leg is being chopped in half.

From what I can tell I don't seem to be getting enough water and potassium and with bananas up the arse in prices, I doubt I will be getting my awesome share of potassium any time soon.

Anyone ever get the noct leg cramps? Did you change up anything to get rid of them?

Dead Man

evlcookie said:
Anyone ever get nocturnal leg cramps? Fuck those, They hurt like hell, Makes me feel like my leg is being chopped in half.

From what I can tell I don't seem to be getting enough water and potassium and with bananas up the arse in prices, I doubt I will be getting my awesome share of potassium any time soon.

Anyone ever get the noct leg cramps? Did you change up anything to get rid of them?
Yeah, potassium is the only thing I know of that helps, plus water. Maybe multi vitamins.

Shaneus

I think I get them in the morning. Only seems to happen with one leg, but unless I force myself to stand on it to straighten up, I'm fucked. Pretty sure it's due to lack of fluids, too... I used to drink heaps of water but haven't for a while.

Maybe try drinking a litre of water before you head to bed?

Rezbit

ClivePwned said:
I would be pissing every hour on the hour if I drank that much water late at night.

Haha, same. I am a pisser at the best of times. Like now, after having six beers. Broo is delicious for anyone wondering. Definitely a no-nonsense beer. Expensive, but.

Oh, and this game of AFL is real shitty wet-weather stuff. It's like watching under 12's play. Endearing in a way.

evlcookie said:
Lots of water and keep your leg warm. My mum gets them all the time. Apparently it is a sign of old age ;)

ClivePwned said:
I would be pissing every hour on the hour if I drank that much water late at night.
I'm up at least once a night as it is. Probably should get checked for diabetes on that note.

Keep hydrated during the day, have a glass before bed. Keep a glass next to you at night in case you get dry.

Rezbit said:
Oh, and this game of AFL is real shitty wet-weather stuff. It's like watching under 12's play. Endearing in a way.
Most of the AFL games have been shitty under 12's stuff. They get paid more and more each year and still most players remain unable to play decent footy 50% of the time.

Sutton Dagger said:
Come on, does the wedding really need to be on every fucking channel?
And the one good coverage, The Chasers, has to get pulled cause the Brits had a freak out about it.

Soo annoyed was looking forward to see the Chasers take on the wedding.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
people complaining about the wedding are exponentially more annoying than a fancy ceremony

Shaneus

Rez said:
people complaining about the wedding are exponentially more annoying than a fancy ceremony
I'm not complaining about the wedding, I'm just complaining about the extent of the media coverage. There really should be more important things to the general public.

Shaneus said:
I'm not complaining about the wedding, I'm just complaining about the extent of the media coverage. There really should be more important things important to the general public.
Historic moment, dude. It'll be the same when the Queen carks it and Charles III takes the throne. It's as big as when the pope died.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
reptilescorpio said:
I'm up at least once a night as it is. Probably should get checked for diabetes on that note.

Keep hydrated during the day, have a glass before bed. Keep a glass next to you at night in case you get dry.

I'm rather routine. I'm always up at around 3:30 to take a leak.

I don't think i need more water but maybe i do, I always have a glass of milo at 8:30 and then pass out around 10 - 10:30. Might put a glass of water on my desk though, could be handy.

So Brisbane has been pretty good so far. Had some oysters and a fantastic steak at the port office hotel and followed it up with a lagavulin 16 neat at the swanky lounge bar at the sofitel.

About to crack open a bottle of moet in my hotel room and watch some football.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

evlcookie said:
I'm rather routine. I'm always up at around 3:30 to take a leak.

I don't think i need more water but maybe i do, I always have a glass of milo at 8:30 and then pass out around 10 - 10:30. Might put a glass of water on my desk though, could be handy.
BROFIST. Always have a warm milo before bed. I drink a lot of water (with Diet Rite cordial) during the day though. Secret to my weight loss. Learnt it from the mystical jockeys.

Rez said:
Seems like everyone in Australia is gaga for being a part of the Commonwealth at the moment. Hopefully it will pass. Better than the crap that is usually on TV though. Nice edit.

Jintor said:
Man, between drawing a picture and posting the damn thing all my love for my creation drains out and is replaced with a cold, sinking feeling that i've failed forever.
Crikey. Cheer up, every picture gets you close to perfection. Experience means everything in art.

Jintor

Man, between drawing a picture and posting the damn thing all my love for my creation drains out and is replaced with a cold, sinking feeling that i've failed forever.

Just got MK, is there a way to get the online pass to work with my gamer tag? Is it like dlc and xbla games where if I download it on this console (with a US account) it can be used by all the accounts on my console?

Top Bottom