• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Omikron

Choc said:
stoke got crouch >_<

don't be too sad, Stoke spent 22 million on Crouch, Palacios and Cameron Jerome.

lol. :p

And yeah, so happy with the West Ham squad. If Bentley captures his Blackburn form, I would have no issues with a full transfer end of the season. Hopefully there is a clause in there somewhere.

elfinke

Mighty tempting, but I can't bring myself to splash the cash. It'll just collect dust like damn near every other console in the house at the moment >.>

r1chard

Choc said:
ok it is time to start feeling a bit sorry for Gillard. She just cannot take a trick.

THE Salvation Army has pulled its support for the Gillard government's controversial pokies cap, putting Labor at odds with the nation's most iconic anti-gambling group.

The turnaround - which follows suggestions that clubs were prepared to bar Salvation Army collectors from their venues - will have major ramifications for the ALP.

Under the deal struck to form government, Prime Minister Julia Gillard must pass the reforms or lose the confidence vote of independent Andrew Wilkie.

when has a prime minister had so much go against them before?
How is it that the clubs don't get utterly trashed for that appalling move? Seriously, they're trying to block the Salvos from collecting in their venues and that is not the major news?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Pretty sure the Free 10 Game Offer has expired for the PSP Go's though.

jambo

Good to see Australia has gotten the opening race back, now they just need to bring it back to Adelaide ;)

VOOK said:
Pretty sure the Free 10 Game Offer has expired for the PSP Go's though.

I have no idea either way. There's an article on the PlayStation website but when you click on it it goes to a 404 error page =\

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
codswallop said:
Yeah the Synology and QNAP devices are pretty much what I want to get. Starting to run out of space so it's buy one of these and chuck in some 3TB drives or a SATA card and hope my current big, loud PC can handle it. Really want to move away from WHS though.

I'm being told to pick up one of these - Synology DS411j . Seems like a few people at work have one and love it.

Looks like I can throw my stuff on there and it does support 3TB drives, Which i won't get just yet.

So fucking tempting. FUCK!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Omi said:
Man, kids these days, all about the instant gratification.

Word, I don't like long games and I miss the days of easily accesable gameshark codes to give me invincibility in JRPGs and the likes, I play for the story I dont play to be challenged.

jambo said:
Holy shit that PSPGo Myer deal is back on, they have stock, just bought one :lol

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/51681

I hate having a proper job >_>

just bought it.. now thats a touchpad, a tv and a psp go all in the space of a fortnight.. all impulse buys

jambo

Bad luck Clipper, same thing happened to me yesterday.

They must have found another crate in the warehouse this morning :lol

ShyGuy

So I just finished downloading all my Ambassador games for my import US 3DS.

I **really** hated having to keep going to My Settings to download them one by one, would it have been so hard for them to allow queueing?

Clipper

ShyGuy said:
So I just finished downloading all my Ambassador games for my import US 3DS.

I **really** hated having to keep going to My Settings to download them one by one, would it have been so hard for them to allow queueing?
I did this too. I'm pretty sure that if you download the Ambassador app alone, then the rest would probably download themselves overnight via Spotpass, though.

Kirby102

Clipper said:
Incidentally, the PSP Go now reports as not enough stock.
RRRGH My net is being the suck and not loading the pages properly. I was spamming F5 alternating from choosing an option, and running out of stock :\

SO SAD. I really wanted a PSP GO ;_;

Shaneus

Quick question regarding the PSPGo: Is it at all possible to play Lumines on it? I don't care if I have to buy it again, but any form of PSP without it is pretty well worthless IMO.

midonnay

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...alaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226127154614

EMERGENCY legal advice received by the Gillard government last night suggests all offshore processing of asylum-seekers - including on Nauru and Manus Island - may now be invalid.

The Labor government is in a holding pattern as it awaits considered legal opinion on the implications of yesterday's High Court decision ruling the government's Malaysian refugee swap unlawful.

An emergency phone hook-up of cabinet ministers last night heard that offshore processing on Nauru and on Papua New Guinea's Manus Island - both under consideration by the government - would also be ruled out under the court's decision.

according to legal experts, the only nearby country that could satisfy the high court's requirements would be......
New Zealand :D

interesting to see whether the coalition will keep to their small target strategy and continue their obfuscation or cooperate with the government to amend the Migration Act and keep off-shore processing viable.

perhaps Labor will do a hail mary, scrap off-shore altogether and try to claw back some votes from the Greens. Nothing to lose after this disaster.

Kerrby

Banned
Wow, with the Metroid game Nintendo gave away for free if you type in a certain password it crashes the system. The thread on GAF is speculating it could be used to hack the 3DS by buffer overflow or something :eek:.

Nintendo better not pull the games off the eshop before us Aussies get to download them :(.

Choc

Banned
midonnay said:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...alaysia-solution/story-fn9hm1gu-1226127154614

according to legal experts, the only nearby country that could satisfy the high court's requirements would be......
New Zealand :D

interesting to see whether the coalition will keep to their small target strategy and continue their obfuscation or cooperate with the government to amend the Migration Act and keep off-shore processing viable.

perhaps Labor will do a hail mary and scrap off-shore altogether and try to claw back some votes from the Greens. Nothing to lose after this disaster.

this means the coalitions plan is illegal as well. Including the one Howard had for years.

Omikron

Choc said:
this means the coalitions plan is illegal as well. Including the one Howard had for years.

Yeah, I thought that is kinda what was implied in the HC ruling as well the other day. Interesting.

Clipper

Kerrby said:
Wow, with the Metroid game Nintendo gave away for free if you type in a certain password it crashes the system. The thread on GAF is speculating it could be used to hack the 3DS by buffer overflow or something :eek:.

Nintendo better not pull the games off the eshop before us Aussies get to download them :(.
The thread on GAF doesn't know much about buffer overflow exploits then. Just crashing the system isn't enough to inject code.

Yagharek

r1chard said:
How is it that the clubs don't get utterly trashed for that appalling move? Seriously, they're trying to block the Salvos from collecting in their venues and that is not the major news?

Seriously, this.

The entire media circus in this country is a fucking joke. Only SBS is exempt from this accusation.

Jintor

HolyCheck said:
Same, I started playing a few months ago and got bored with it, then I started using cheats to just walk through doors as the game was taking too long, then it glitched out so I quit

Please present your wrists for your mandatory cutting session.

Pretty sure the Salvo's can only collect in the venues if the clubs allow them to. It's not like it's their right to collect in those venues.

It's still a dick move, but entirely legal I think.

Choc

Banned
<chocbolt>scott morrison is a fucking moron. Yes Australia created the worldwide refugee problem and more specifically this government did. By the way scott not sure if you have read but everything you want to do IS ILLEGAL AS WELL.</chocbolt>

HolyCheck said:
Same, I started playing a few months ago and got bored with it, then I started using cheats to just walk through doors as the game was taking too long, then it glitched out so I quit
I didn't cheat but definitely got bored.

Bernbaum

Next Tuesday, SBS’s ‘Insight’ program will be discussing the issue of hacktivism and online crime. They will be covering the Playstation Network hack that occurred in April this year.

I will be appearing on the show as a regular Joe to offer my experience as one of the many Australians who had their personal details compromised as a result of the PSN hack. The show will feature hacktivists themselves, as well as other victims of online crime, some academics and representatives from the AFP.

Incidentally, I was also the victim of $7000 worth of fraudulent transactions made on my credit card – a matter I have made aware to the producers at SBS. I will not be making any attempts to link the PSN hack with my personal instance of credit card fraud. There have been no confirmed cases of credit card fraud made as a result of PSN having been compromised and I will be reluctant to suggest such a link on national television.

Y’all get to be looking at my ugly mug on TV.

Bernbaum

I shit you not, that was the first thing I thought about doing once I heard they wanted me on the show.

Esoteric nerd culture references for life, yo!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Bernbaum said:
I shit you not, that was the first thing I thought about doing once I heard they wanted me on the show.

Esoteric nerd culture references for life, yo!

How'd they find ya?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
if i buy a ps3 game, can I play it on my pspgo if I am at another location , or near my ps3.

my boss is asking me about this. he means playstation store games (i assume like your wiiware style games) and playstation 3 games he has purchased digitally?

quick answers people quick!

jambo

Hah, my sister is probably going to be on that Insider episode as well, she was telling me about it last weekend. Small world.

Lunch break was a success, Fathers Day present sorted and I picked up some comics. Ultimate Ultimates, Ultimate Hawkeye and new Justice League reboot!

At no stage did I say Halo was better than HL2. I said the story wasn't much above Halo. Which I totally stand by. But there are parts of Halo that shit on HL2. Namely driving.
Bernbaum said:
Next Tuesday, SBS’s ‘Insight’ program will be discussing the issue of hacktivism and online crime. They will be covering the Playstation Network hack that occurred in April this year.

I will be appearing on the show as a regular Joe to offer my experience as one of the many Australians who had their personal details compromised as a result of the PSN hack. The show will feature hacktivists themselves, as well as other victims of online crime, some academics and representatives from the AFP.

Incidentally, I was also the victim of $7000 worth of fraudulent transactions made on my credit card – a matter I have made aware to the producers at SBS. I will not be making any attempts to link the PSN hack with my personal instance of credit card fraud. There have been no confirmed cases of credit card fraud made as a result of PSN having been compromised and I will be reluctant to suggest such a link on national television.

Y’all get to be looking at my ugly mug on TV.

Nice, congrats Bern.

That sounds like a pretty good episode. Insight can often be more painful than interesting. But it could be interesting to hear what people have to say about hacking.

elfinke said:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18571_5-reasons-its-still-not-cool-to-admit-youre-gamer.html

Was this article mentioned, is it what started this conversation?QUOTE] Nope it was the Jaffe keynote at PAX where he talked about the importance of gameplay that can last 50 years of enjoyment.

Choc said:
THE Salvation Army has pulled its support for the Gillard government's controversial pokies cap, putting Labor at odds with the nation's most iconic anti-gambling group.

The turnaround - which follows suggestions that clubs were prepared to bar Salvation Army collectors from their venues - will have major ramifications for the ALP.
QUOTE] Seems completely fine to me. Why should the Salvos care about gambling addicts? More work for them! (I am in a bad mood so don't take me seriously)

HolyCheck said:
getout.gif

Fredescu said:
Eh, as a "story", strictly speaking, yes. In terms of immersion in a game world via interactivity, it beats both Torment and Halo and most other games handily. Playing Torment is like sitting down to read a book. Half Life 2 is much better video game. From a single player point of view, Halo doesn't belong in a conversation alongside these games.
I like you man.

Top Bottom