• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jintor said:
I couldn't get into Darksiders. I keep thinking of it as an action game when it's not really.

What do you mean? If you liked DMC and all that shit then it's just about the same thing. I'm actually not a huge fan of DMC or similar titles but darksiders grabbed me for some reason, I'm thinking the atmosphere and design more than anything.

It's that time again! Where I clear out the most precious gaming treasures that I haven't touched in ages and clear out space in my shelves and drawers. This time, it's pretty much all Nintendo, all the time.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/vicious_killer_squirrel/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Systems:

Gameboy Advance SP2+ (AGS-101 backlit model)

Playstation 2 + accessories

DS:

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (cartridge only)

Radiant Historia w/ Music CD

Tingle's Balloon Fight

GBA:

Final Fantasy VI Advance

NES Classics: Legend of Zelda (cartridge only)

NES Classics: Zelda II The Adventure of Link

Gameboy Color:

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (No box)

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (cartridge only)

Wii:

Kirby's Epic Yarn (JP version)

Super Mario Galaxy (US version)

Gamecube:

Super Mario Sunshine

evlcookie said:
What do you mean? If you liked DMC and all that shit then it's just about the same thing. I'm actually not a huge fan of DMC or similar titles but darksiders grabbed me for some reason, I'm thinking the atmosphere and design more than anything.
I didn't like the atmosphere, actually. The main character is basically Marcus Phoenix with a sword. I should get back to it because apparently that last dungeon is awesome to the max, but it isn't the atmosphere that I liked about it.

I just want some good dungeons, damn it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
viciouskillersquirrel said:
I didn't like the atmosphere, actually. The main character is basically Marcus Phoenix with a sword. I should get back to it because apparently that last dungeon is awesome to the max, but it isn't the atmosphere that I liked about it.

I just want some good dungeons, damn it.

The dungeons weren't all that awesome and the last one can go fuck itself.

I've always enjoyed some good badass gothic heaven and hell stuff. Which is strange since I have no interest in religion. I guess it's just fun watching demons run around and a horseman rip people's heads off.

Madrical

Banned
I love the art style of Darksiders, which is the only reason I've been trying to push through it. I got about.. 4? 5? hours into it on PS3 and realised it's a pretty long game since I was only in the second dungeon. I always enjoy media with a heaven vs hell theme also which I enjoyed. I think it was too linear for an action-adventure game. If I'm playing a linear game I want some nice setpieces or a deep storyline. I got neither.

If I could import my save to the PC version I'd think about trying to finish it, buuut you can't, so I probably won't.

Hey, I got further into it than Dante's Inferno, my 10 minutes on that game were pretty fun.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
evlcookie said:
What do you mean? If you liked DMC and all that shit then it's just about the same thing.

not -- not quite

evlcookie said:
I would say DMC meets Zelda is a good description of Darksiders. The DMC influence is more the style of battle and upgrading system while the game itself is a great Zelda style romp through areas to get stuff to beat the big baddy. The art is a good mix, mainly because of the developers comic book origins.

Nemesis556 said:
In terms of depth of combat, it's more like God Of War meets Zelda. >_>
Good point. Basically Darksiders takes the Zelda formula and takes cues from the God of War/DMC style combat while creating its own Apocalypse style setting.

Nemesis_

reptilescorpio said:
I would say DMC meets Zelda is a good description of Darksiders. The DMC influence is more the style of battle and upgrading system while the game itself is a great Zelda style romp through areas to get stuff to beat the big baddy. The art is a good mix, mainly because of the developers comic book origins.

Yoshiya

Nemesis556 said:
I tried the demo after wrapping up Bayonetta and it felt awful. Cumbersome and slow, ten minutes in the demo comprehensively unsold me on a game that was next on my 'to play' list. It was a disappointment.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
God of war is certainly a better comparison than DMC. I actually never liked DMC but enjoyed God of war although I'm yet to play the 3rd.

Jintor

Yoshiya said:
I tried the demo after wrapping up Bayonetta and it felt awful. Cumbersome and slow, ten minutes in the demo comprehensively unsold me on a game that was next on my 'to play' list. It was a disappointment.

Exactly. Bayonetta is perhaps the most fluid game in existance, and something with the same style of imagery and a far clunkier combat system really doesn't cut it. I should've played Darksiders first. Ah well, they got my money anyway - Steam sales, y'ken.

hamchan

Yeah Darksiders and DMC is a pretty bad comparison lol

A Zelda style game with an in depth battle system with hard encounters like DMC or God of War would be pretty awesome though.

Bernbaum

Sweet, now I can go to the local Apple synagogue and make a small offering to jobs each and every work day!

Solved the mystery of 'Why my fucking PC isn't working'. Assumed the failure to boot up was a result of the second video card being zapped.

I open it up with the intention of pulling out the 8800GT and popping in a 7300GT I excavated from a neolithic artifact site. Turns out this was the problem:

97l4pt.jpg

Yup, that's my Zalman cooler hanging free by its power cable, leaving the CPU completely exposed.

No worries, I'll just pop her back on. Oh wait, here's the motherboard brace:

8vwugk.jpg

I am not good with computer.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Don't use a vacuum cleaner, static electricity and all that bad stuff.

You can certainly try though if you have balls, Although i've never had an issue here :D

Crazy to see the brace has snapped on the CPU. I don't think i've ever seen that happen before. You have a magical PC bern.

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:

You can certainly try though if you have balls, Although i've never had an issue here :D

Crazy to see the brace has snapped on the CPU. I don't think i've ever seen that happen before. You have a magical PC bern.
Basically looking to temporarily resuscitate that PC so I can get all my photos/video/music off of it, then it will have a ceremonial burial.

You got anything to share on gaming laptops?

Yagharek

gold coast = witches hats

second highest 1st qtr score ever, highest ever 1st qtr margin.

Serves them right for cheating with the recruiting/player stealing.

Essendon better get a good percentage boost from the rest of the game.

evlcookie said:

Really? Bugger, I've been doing it for, like, 6 years. Just take the end off the vacuum and use the long plastic tube to pick up the crap that has accumulated on everything. It's okay if you turn the PC off and it is grounded though? Nothing on the end of the pipe that is metal to touch the PC so is that okay?

RandomVince said:
Essendon better get a good percentage boost from the rest of the game.
400 to 4 would be a nice scoreline. At least it would hopefully make the AFL rethink how it is trying to expand the game.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
Basically looking to temporarily resuscitate that PC so I can get all my photos/video/music off of it, then it will have a ceremonial burial.

You got anything to share on gaming laptops?

Just lay the case flat and throw the heatsink back on, Should work ;D

Gaming laptops are more freds area than mine. I don't think i've personally kept up with it at all.

Reptile, I believe it's a bad idea to use a vacuum cleaner since that seems to be the usual responses on forums when people suggest it. Oh god no, Don't do that!! Being the most common.

I've done it myself and haven't had any issues but these days I play it safe with some compressed air. I would love to get an air compressor though, Maybe one day if i can find a nice small one for cheap.

evlcookie said:
I've done it myself and haven't had any issues but these days I play it safe with some compressed air. I would love to get an air compressor though, Maybe one day if i can find a nice small one for cheap.
It seems strange but keep an eye on Super Cheap Auto catalogues as they can have some great specials on them. Here is a 2HP one for $110 that isn't too bad. Good enough for around the house and inflating stuff. Even a little 12V one would be fine for blowing out the computer.

Salazar

ClivePwned said:
I'm also wondering what will go in the old Borders store when that gets cleared out

Man, I'm going to miss it.

Not because it was a particularly amazing bookstore, but because it was a large, air-conditioned bookstore - with seats - in the CBD. The state library is pretty fucking good, but I am still going to miss that Borders.

Dead Man

Salazar said:
Man, I'm going to miss it.

Not because it was a particularly amazing bookstore, but because it was a large, air-conditioned bookstore - with seats - in the CBD. The state library is pretty fucking good, but I am still going to miss that Borders.
I liked Borders just because it had coffee available in the store. I am not up on the details of the situation, but I can't help but think parallel importation might have helped them hang around.

Salazar

And the American Bookstore is moving premises again.

Their stock has gone sharply downhill, too. The café still does solid work, but the bookstore side of things took a beating.

The Apple Store in Covent Garden looked godly. It was sucking me towards it, irrespective of the fact that I already have Apple everything.

Dead Man said:
I can't help but think parallel importation might have helped them hang around.
This has been big news everywhere. They tried to start a campaign for it, even ACA had a thing on it but it never went anywhere. 99% of the reason bookstores are shutting is because of price in the current economical state.

Danoss

reptilescorpio said:
This has been big news everywhere. They tried to start a campaign for it, even ACA had a thing on it but it never went anywhere. 99% of the reason bookstores are shutting is because of price in the current economical state.
Price is the problem, though it is the price that local publishers/distributors are charging retailers. This problem isn't isolated to books, unfortunately. The sooner retailers can look elsewhere, or decide to band together and create their own distribution channels, strangling the greedy distributors, the better.

Danoss said:
Price is the problem, though it is the price that local publishers/distributors are charging retailers. This problem isn't isolated to books, unfortunately. The sooner retailers can look elsewhere, or decide to band together and create their own distribution channels, strangling the greedy distributors, the better.
Yep this is a huge problem that is only getting worse with the Aussie dollar continuing to rise while the middle men in Australia continue to charge the same high prices to retailers. So much cheaper for consumers to buy overseas while the retailers themselves aren't allowed to do the same.

Hi

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you, however just to make you aware we have just had your Evangelion 1.11 Youre Not Alone Special Edition [Blu-ray] returned back to us by the Post Office, they have not reported to us why it has been returned back so we automatically refund you for these items.

If you want to contact your local Post Office to find out the reason or if there is more information to be added to your address please update so save any further inconvenience on future orders.

Kind Regards

What's going on? Is this related to my Mortal Kombat Imports?! (One from zavvi, one from Amazon via courier) Has this happened to anyone before? HELP!

OneMoreQuestion said:
What's going on? Is this related to my Mortal Kombat Imports?! (One from zavvi, one from Amazon via courier) Has this happened to anyone before? HELP!
Who was it returned to? Was MK in the same package as Evangelion? If so then it seems customs confiscated MK and sent Evangelion back to sender.

reptilescorpio said:
Who was it returned to? Was MK in the same package as Evangelion? If so then it seems customs confiscated MK and sent Evangelion back to sender.

Separate orders.
On a side note I noticed that I forgot to put down the state that I was in... Postcode was there though. Could this be the cause?

The package was returned to Zavvi/TheHut.

OneMoreQuestion said:
Separate orders.
On a side note I noticed that I forgot to put down the state that I was in... Postcode was there though. Could this be the cause?

If it was separate to MK then I don't see why it would be any different. I got 2 orders from Zavvi last week fine. If they reimbursed you then try again with the full address.

So what is the go with steamfilter and downloading games not on your cap? I'm with iiNet, I'm in Melbourne, and I have set Frey's Steamfilter so I can download Crysis onto my new PC but to no avail, it won't download, despite it apparently being on the servers. What gives :(

Danoss

roosters93 said:
What happens when God dies?
I'm assuming you mean Jobs. Once he's gone Apple will "innovate" no longer and just upgrade over and over, filling the world with an endless supply of iPhone 3GS's.

Clipper

OneMoreQuestion said:
Separate orders.

It could be due to that. How long ago was it sent? Is it possible it arrived at the post office two weeks ago, as they might have received it then and you somehow missed out on getting the notes to go to your post office.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
Same tactic that the AFL has used with every new team. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Indeed I do. Essendon circa 2001 lost a number of key players who would have brought them possibly another flag and certainly a longer tail before their descent out of the finals.

And some of them went to brisbane who had a much higher salary cap and won flags there.

Absolutely disgusting.

RandomVince said:
Indeed I do. Essendon circa 2001 lost a number of key players who would have brought them possibly another flag and certainly a longer tail before their descent out of the finals.

And some of them went to brisbane who had a much higher salary cap and won flags there.

Absolutely disgusting.
Port supporter. :)
I agree it is bullshit and I hate to see what is going to happen once West Syd come in. Both teams are going to be below AFL standard and it just won't be good football to watch. Also the teams who have to try and live off the stadium takings are going to take a battering when they play those 2 teams, no-one will bother turning up.
I don't really care too much as I haven't enjoyed watching footy for about 8 or 9 years now since all the rules keep getting changed.

legend166

RandomVince said:

Absolutely disgusting.

Essendon cheated the cap during 1991-1996 and won a flag during that period. Save me your tears.

And I don't know what players you're talking about because between 1998 and 2003 there wasn't a single trade between Essendon and Brisbane.

Yagharek

I'm an Essendon supporter and that Port flag in 2004 was rightly deserved.

And legend: dont you start throwing around cheat claims, look at the tribunal farce in the 1996 finals series with dunkley's suspension overturned via the courts. Swans = cheats!

Yagharek

legend166 said:
Essendon cheated the cap during 1991-1996 and won a flag during that period. Save me your tears.

And I don't know what players you're talking about because between 1998 and 2003 there wasn't a single trade between Essendon and Brisbane.

Caracella.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
I was referencing more the players who went from the dons to Port. Like our first captain. Unfair on you guys.

:(

Yeah but he did come from Port I guess so I cant say Im surprised. And, well, Essendon got better in the years after he left.

Top Bottom