• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Gazunta

Reptile, they didn't work on Zavvi, but I just entered the same order into The Hut and the codes worked - thanks!

SSF4, Sonic & Sega Racing, De Blob 2 and Kinectimals for $78au. Crazy times.

They probably won't arrive for three months

I probably won't play any of them when they do anyway

Anyway, had a nice night offline enjoying the executive level of the Marriott. THE LIFE

Clipper said:
It could be due to that. How long ago was it sent? Is it possible it arrived at the post office two weeks ago, as they might have received it then and you somehow missed out on getting the notes to go to your post office.

It was sent on the 19th. And no I haven't received any cards from the PO. I guess AusPost must have sent it back...

OneMoreQuestion said:
It was sent on the 19th. And no I haven't received any cards from the PO. I guess AusPost must have sent it back...
Less than 2 weeks which means it must have been sent straight back. Most Zavvi stuff is 2-3 weeks for me. Since they reimbursed you I wouldn't worry too much, try again now that your address is changed. Customs can't legally stop you importing everything just because you get caught with one game. You might get a fine or warning for MK but not for the blu ray.

sometimes it pays to check inside at the Post Office if something's a bit overdue. Last week, they dicked me around by not putting the collection card in the slot.

so I really wish they would find a different picture for this guy.
Geohot-Sony-War.jpg
tycho.jpg

I never knew the Penny Arcade guys were hackers.

edit: oh jeez the logies are a train wreck. even more so that usual. This is more than a derailment, this is one of those ones in Switzerland where the tunnel catches fire.

Reposting for the 50 posts per page peeps (PPPPs)

It's that time again!  Where I clear out the most precious gaming treasures that I haven't touched in ages and clear out space in my shelves and drawers.  This time, it's pretty much all Nintendo, all the time.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/vicious_killer_squirrel/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Systems:

Gameboy Advance SP2+ (AGS-101 backlit model)

Playstation 2 + accessories

DS:

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (cartridge only)

Radiant Historia w/ Music CD

Tingle's Balloon Fight

GBA:

Final Fantasy VI Advance

NES Classics: Legend of Zelda (cartridge only)

NES Classics: Zelda II The Adventure of Link

Gameboy Color:

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (No box)

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (cartridge only)

Wii:

Kirby's Epic Yarn (JP version)

Super Mario Galaxy (US version)

Gamecube:

Super Mario Sunshine

AusGAF trading post!

Xbox 360
The Saboteur - $10!
Ashes Cricket - $10!

Postage included!!!!
If this is not the place for this kind of thing let me know. Just want to get these games out of my house and into your Xbox!!!!

Shaneus

Saboteur is well worth it for that much. I bought it, traded it toward RDR then rebought it when Game was having a sale because I do intend to go through it again. The world they put together for it was arseloads of fun.

Shaneus said:
Saboteur is well worth it for that much. I bought it, traded it toward RDR then rebought it when Game was having a sale because I do intend to go through it again. The world they put together for it was arseloads of fun.
Loved it but once it is done (spent about 40 hours on it) there isn't much to do.

jambo said:
I might bid on Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
On my watch list now. I'll wait for the last second snipe ;)

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Loved it but once it is done (spent about 40 hours on it) there isn't much to do.
Oh, I'm sure... it was more a note to anyone contemplating it that it's well worth grabbing :)

hamchan

I'll bid when it's the final hours. No point bidding now I think :3

I do want Radiant Historia :D

Oh it's already $20.50 ><

Ventron

Is Bowser's Inside Story really that desirable/rare? I have a copy with box and manual
AND YOU AREN'T GETTING IT, SUCKERS

Deeku

hamchan said:
I'll bid when it's the final hours. No point bidding now I think :3

I do want Radiant Historia :D

Oh it's already $20.50 ><
Heh, I was the first bidder for RH and FF6. Doing my bit to help vks!

Didn't expect to be outbid so quickly for both though.

Ventron said:
Is Bowser's Inside Story really that desirable/rare? I have a copy with box and manual
AND YOU AREN'T GETTING IT, SUCKERS
Eh, it's a great game. $40 on Zavvi though so I don't think it is rare.

Also we should get a president so we can have a Correspondents' Dinner. The Queen wouldn't put up with it so lets change! Change!

Jintor

Keating tried that already

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THERE AREN'T MORE PARTS OF KEATING THE MUSICAL ON YOUTUBE

Anyway while browsing TVTropes I somehow ended up reading a Harry Potter fanfiction written by an AI Researcher/Rationalist which was more or less "What if... Harry Potter was a scientific genius kid?". It's kind of awesome but kind of crap at the same time.

How the hell does Karl Stefanovic from the sodding Today show win the gold Logie. In what screwed up universe is he decreed the best talent on Australian TV.

I've lost what little faith I've had in the TV viewing public of Australia

Worthintendo said:
How the hell does Karl Stefanovic from the sodding Today show win the gold Logie. In what screwed up universe is he decreed the best talent on Australian TV.

Australian entertainment is a joke anyway. Nobody who is worth talking to gives the logies any worth, the person with the most tenacious fanbase will win.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Australian entertainment is a joke anyway. Nobody who is worth talking to gives the logies any worth, the person with the most tenacious fanbase will win.

Still, that should never have been Karl Stefanovic, who will die with the taste of Alan Jones's shoes on his tongue.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Karl probably only won since 9 was rumoured to have spent like $5m on advertising for him.

The train girl saga has come to an abrupt end, although it really ended ages ago. I just noticed she has a ring on her finger, while not the left hand it is on the ring finger on the right hand. Which going by wikipedia suggests an orthodox christian wedding or something like that anyway.

Monday is already off to a shit start. Boourns.

Can't believe it's May already :/

evlcookie said:
I just noticed she has a ring on her finger, while not the left hand it is on the ring finger on the right hand. Which going by wikipedia suggests an orthodox christian wedding or something like that anyway.
Some orthodox Catholics and other cultures wear rings on the right ring finger, but IIRC once they're married they have a ring on each hand's ring finger.

Maybe she just likes the feel of a ring there? Never give up, man!

Nemesis_

Worthintendo said:

I like him. >_>

Choc

Banned
the fact that the gold logie is viewer voted completely invalidates it as an award

its a joke

also the tv stations should be banned from self promoting their own stars for the win. Karl's ads were on all the time.

Choc

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
I like him. >_>

you are kidding right? he is one of the slimiest and slick people on television

and thought it was hilarious when he presented a national television show drunk

in any other job he would have got the sack

Choc said:
and thought it was hilarious when he presented a national television show drunk

in any other job he would have got the sack
He's no Terry Wogan.

So sad that drunk Terry Wogan no longer does Eurovision coverage

codswallop said:
Some orthodox Catholics and other cultures wear rings on the right ring finger, but IIRC once they're married they have a ring on each hand's ring finger.

Maybe she just likes the feel of a ring there? Never give up, man!
When I met my fiancé she had a ring on her right hand ring finger. Turned out she just liked rings. Don't give up, Cookie.

Nemesis_

Choc said:
who watched masterchef and what do you think?

i thought they said they were getting rid of the tears!

Now I'm angry I missed this. I kind of wanted to watch. Sigh.

At least Logies was moderately boring enough to motivate me to study for my exam today. ;_;

There was a management spot open for a new store at my place of work, so I and a few fellow employees applied for it (all being qualified and experienced to run a store) and they did not even interview any of us and gave the job to someone who doesn't even work for us. Bleh. Now I'm working in the new store training the new manager and all the staff anyway.

/rant

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Well it was a band more so than a ring with a fancy diamond from what i could tell from a distance. I don't believe i've ever seen her have one on.

My stalking abilities are starting to let me down, I'm getting too old for this shit!

Now that darksiders is completed i guess i need to look into my next SP game. I have no idea what on earth that will be. I keep randomly remembering that i own alpha protocol but that is a long ass game.

Shank was enjoyable and seems super short so i guess that will easily be the next one but i need on that's a bit meatier in length, 12hrs max or so before i hit the long ass RPGs. Maybe i should try bioshock again :/

Salazar

Neverender said:
There was a management spot open for a new store at my place of work, so I and a few fellow employees applied for it (all being qualified and experienced to run a store) and they did not even interview any of us and gave the job to someone who doesn't even work for us. Bleh. Now I'm working in the new store training the new manager and all the staff anyway.

/rant

I got all excited applying for a job at a university press, and was given directly every indication that I was a shoe-in for the position. I worked like a crazy man on my CV and they turned out to have already moved someone across to the job internally. They were already in the office.

senahorse

evlcookie said:
Now that darksiders is completed i guess i need to look into my next SP game. I have no idea what on earth that will be. I keep randomly remembering that i own alpha protocol but that is a long ass game.

Shank was enjoyable and seems super short so i guess that will easily be the next one but i need on that's a bit meatier in length, 12hrs max or so before i hit the long ass RPGs. Maybe i should try bioshock again :/

Alpha Protocol isn't that long, I am showing 16 hours played from steam and you can be sure some of that is idle time.

Jintor

I liked Alpha Protocol but it really requires multiple playthroughs to get the most out of it, and the combat is too shit to support that

Top Bottom