• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Clipper

Danoss said:
I didn't know the name had changed. They obviously didn't choke hard enough. I know they don't set the rules, I'm just letting out a little frustration and it's a bit easier than saying "I hope you choke in your sleep legislation dictated guidelines related to the issue which has raised my current frustration level somewhat".
I like that argument. I'm glad you took the criticism in the intended manner and I hope there's no hard feelings. I just really hate seeing anger directed at the wrong people.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
As long as it still has the tits, It's all good.

Still going to hold out until mid june when i upgrade though. I will hate everyone of you who is playing it in steam chat, taunting me with your enjoyment of said title.

Bernbaum

Okay travel-savvy AusGAF.

I have arranged a QANTAS option as an alternative to flying DELTA WE LOVE JESUS AIRLINES on my trip to Utah. The Delta option is fully flexible, the QANTAS option is not.

Your advice, as always, is appreciated.

EDIT: Both are economy.

Omikron

Clipper said:
I'm just speaking from experience. Inferring people should pirate a game has gotten plenty of people banned in the past, whether it was intended as a joke or not.

Its an interesting argument to just stick your head in the sand and and not mention it, when we all know that people will use any excuse under the sun as a justification to pirate software.

Danoss

Clipper said:
I like that argument. I'm glad you took the criticism in the intended manner and I hope there's no hard feelings. I just really hate seeing anger directed at the wrong people.
No hard feelings at all mate, plus I learnt something in the process. :)

Choc

Banned
Bernbaum said:

I have arranged a QANTAS option as an alternative to flying .

why do you need fully flex for a business trip?

if you miss and its not your fault, the business coughs up again. If you get stuck, Qantas puts you in a hotel

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Its an interesting argument to just stick your head in the sand and and not mention it, when we all know that people will use any excuse under the sun as a justification to pirate software.

"the best way to repeat a mistake is to deny that it ever happened in the first place"

Bernbaum

Choc said:
why do you need fully flex for a business trip?

if you miss and its not your fault, the business coughs up again. If you get stuck, Qantas puts you in a hotel
For the billion domestic flights I've taken for work, we've always gone fully-flex because of the nature of the work and have had to use it. I tagged it as a preference for my international flight for prudence' sake.

I'm inclined to just avoid Delta.

Bernbaum said:

I have arranged a QANTAS option as an alternative to flying DELTA WE LOVE JESUS AIRLINES on my trip to Utah. The Delta option is fully flexible, the QANTAS option is not.

Your advice, as always, is appreciated.

EDIT: Both are economy.

Id be going with Quantas. they still provide a good service. whereas i have never even heard of delta and if your reading material is a bible id be taking a parachute for emergency bail-out.

jambo

JBHiFi are getting new stock of Samsung Galaxy Tabs if anyone is interested, $299 tomorrow.

It's bad timing, because I don't get paid till next Thursday so I might miss out. If anyone wants to buy me one I promise I'll pay them back as soon as I get paid <3

codswallop said:
There's more (including what you get with fsmgmt.msc) available with compmgmt.msc, if you weren't aware.

Haha, I've been using Computer Management for years and never realised the Shared Folders part was in it :lol

Choc

Banned
Bernbaum said:
For the billion domestic flights I've taken for work, we've always gone fully-flex because of the nature of the work and have had to use it. I tagged it as a preference for my international flight for prudence' sake.

I'm inclined to just avoid Delta.

A380 versus some other old Airbus

Generally international meetings etc don't run overtime bern, it depends on why you are going.

When i go i fly out the day after the meetings have ended, this gives me a night to get over whatever it was plus get some sleep before the long journey.

Fredescu

jambo said:
JBHiFi are getting new stock of Samsung Galaxy Tabs if anyone is interested, $299 tomorrow.
Considering it. The wife wants a tablet with a phone, so she won't be swayed by an iPad, even though the tablet is basically to replace her iPod touch. I think she wants to replace the phone and the laptop at the same time. Am I right in thinking that the next wave of Android tablets don't let you make phone calls?

Deeku

On the topic of what I was doing 9/11, I think I was watching Rove and it cut to the news.

Don't really remember though, I was in like form 2 I think...errr year 8.

Bernbaum

Choc said:
A380 versus some other old Airbus

Generally international meetings etc don't run overtime bern, it depends on why you are going.

When i go i fly out the day after the meetings have ended, this gives me a night to get over whatever it was plus get some sleep before the long journey.
Well it's a week of work followed by a week of personal time in which I need to get myself from Utah to LA.

RE: 3DS Streetpass. A well-filled Mana Bar brimming with gamers yielded two streetpass hits for the entire night. I am worried that my puzzle piece and hat-hunting addiction will go unsatisfied.

Kritz

Banned
commanderdeek said:
On the topic of what I was doing 9/11, I think I was watching Rove and it cut to the news.

I was watching spongebob and wondered what the fuss was about with these little scrolly things going across my screen telling me things that were not Spongebob related.

So, yeah. I didn't know what happened until much later in the day. It's nice to know 11 year old me was as self absorbed as 21 year old me.

commanderdeek said:

I was catching the train home from work late one night when I used to work for a Subway, heard some train guards talking about some plane crash in the US, I was kind of disappointed to see when I had gotten home that channel Ten had cut Rove short to show the news about the event, he had an interview with Bret "The Hitman" Hart that I was looking forward to that my little brother was going to tape for me, I never got to see that interview :(

jambo

Fredescu said:
Considering it. The wife wants a tablet with a phone, so she won't be swayed by an iPad, even though the tablet is basically to replace her iPod touch. I think she wants to replace the phone and the laptop at the same time. Am I right in thinking that the next wave of Android tablets don't let you make phone calls?

It's incredibly cheap, plus once you load up some custom firmware on it it becomes a bit of a beast.

Are the Galaxy Tabs on Honeycomb (Android 3.0) yet? Are any Android tablets? For phone calls, you may be able to use Skype or Google Voice (assume the one you buy has a microphone or can have one connected) but I wouldn't really recommend one as a replacement for a phone. I suppose you could do alright with Bluetooth and the above services. There are Android SIP clients so if you had your own setup that could also work.

Fredescu

codswallop said:
Are the Galaxy Tabs on Honeycomb (Android 3.0) yet?
Not the first one, and I don't think it ever will be. There are new ones out soon that will be.

codswallop said:
For phone calls, you may be able to use Skype or Google Voice (assume the one you buy has a microphone or can have one connected) but I wouldn't really recommend one as a replacement for a phone.
With the Galaxy Tab, someone has just stuck a bicycle pump into a Galaxy S and given it a few pumps, so it is actually a phone. I imagine the market for a not-very-portable phone is fairly low, but it's what the boss wants, so, eh.

Danoss

One of my friends uses his Galaxy Tab as a phone. He just takes his bluetooth headset with him everywhere he goes. He loves it. He is a real estate agent though, so for all the emails, calls and such he does, it is quite nifty.

Deeku

evlcookie said:
I'm fairly confident i could kill someone with this "A Game Of Thrones" book.

The train should be fun.
I've finally started reading for reals now - really enjoying it too.

Just bought books 2 and 3 as well.

I didn't realise the Galaxy Tabs had been upgraded since the "OK I guess" version last year. If it was basically a big Galaxy S, with Android 3.0 then I could imagine someone exclusively using a Bluetooth headset could get by with it quite easily.

I prefer the portability of a phone-sized phone but if you always had a satchel or purse or whatever to put it in then it could work.

Oh, and since we're on Game of Thrones, the last scene
where Arya has her first lesson
in the third episode was fantastic.

evlcookie said:

The train should be fun.

YAY COOKIE!

did u pick this up due to the show?
ep 3 was really good the other night. loving it so much. not sure if safe to watch with Girlfriend because of obvious drooling over Danerys.

I need to start reading it again on the bus.

evlcookie said:

The train should be fun.

I had a funny moment the other day when I saw a copy of Wise Man's Fear in a book store.

I'm almost finished reading it, but had no idea it was a ridiculous beast of a book, about 1000 pages.

I <3 my Kindle

jambo

3UhFw.jpg

A mate pointed this out, could totally become a CS map.

Dead Man

Reminds me of one of the level in SWAT4. Or 3. Can't remember.

jambo said:
Since when did eurotrance have lyrics about getting drunk in clubs and feature techno beats and auto tuning? =\
Okay, fine. It is not technically eurotrance. I just find the name an easy descriptor for people who do not know the 603 genres of edm.

Choc said:
the galaxy tab 10.1 came out today and it has honeycomb

just googled it. seems interesting at 1st glance.
what is honeycomb?

also my dad is looking for a tablet, he wants to displat .jpg's on it, be able to use microsoft word on it and use usb and transferr stuff of course etc.

suggestions please? im a complete tablet pc noob.
also hes fairly old but not completely stupid with computers. uses one day 2 day for work
Cheers!

Marshmellow said:
just googled it. seems interesting at 1st glance.
what is honeycomb?
Version of Android targeted specifically at tablet devices. Tablets using Android 1.x or 2.x are not as good an experience as Honeycomb
is meant to be

Marshmellow said:
also my dad is looking for a tablet, he wants to displat .jpg's on it, be able to use microsoft word on it and use usb and transferr stuff of course etc.
iPad and any Android tablet with a USB port will be able to do all that just fine, except the iPad will require it's special USB cable rather than allowing you to use flash drives etc. Neither, however, will use Word and instead would use something else. Google Docs will do just fine for most word processing. Luckily, you can test it for free right now - http://docs.google.com.

Since we're talking Android and I was on Engadget looking at the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (or was it the 10.1v, oh Samsung, way to confuse your customers), they have a review of the Xperia Play. I remember someone was interested in it a while back: http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/28/sony-ericsson-xperia-play-review/

Rahk

BanShunsaku said:
I had a funny moment the other day when I saw a copy of Wise Man's Fear in a book store.

I'm almost finished reading it, but had no idea it was a ridiculous beast of a book, about 1000 pages.

I <3 my Kindle
So good.

Hopefully the next book doesn't take as long. No idea how he'll wrap everything up in one more book.

Just had a call from the bank supplying my CC saying "it's been compromised and we're giving you a new card"

I can't log into that card anymore to check so this should be interesting

Not sure if it's sony related or not but seeing as how the same card was the one I used on PSN, it would be an enormous coincidence.

On the plus side, go ahead and try and auto-renew XBL sub now, MS!

points cards all the way from now on.

ClivePwned said:
Just had a call from the bank supplying my CC saying "it's been compromised and we're giving you a new card"

I can't log into that card anymore to check so this should be interesting

Not sure if it's sony related or not but seeing as how the same card was the one I used on PSN, it would be an enormous coincidence.

points cards all the way from now on.

OMG yes on your second point. MS sent me the e-mail last week about auto-renew. i checked and its still my old CC

Suck on that u dirty money grubbers. It would take something massive to make me even consider buying points ever again after the horrid experiance ive had trying to get my cc cancelled previously

Bernbaum

ClivePwned said:
Marvellous how the results of PSN's isolated moment of horribleness may have been the contributing factor that mitigated an aspect of XBLA's perpetual horribleness.

Hopefully you're not put out by this. I'd be interested to know how quickly the bank were made aware and responded, and also, what bank you're actually with. I have everything set up with CBA and would pack up shop with those unpleasant folk if it wasn't such a darn hassle.

Shaneus

I still have a bunch of those codes from that site that generated the codes a while back. Perhaps I should register them.

codswallop said:
Wait, people actually use the recurring subscription thing on Xbox LIVE? I've only ever used cards for my subscription...

Worst life mistake i have ever made.

If your just curious in general Bern i'm with Commonwealth Bank and had CC fraud. They picked up on it within the hour. called me and told me i was getting a new card and why.

They were generally nice/helpful about it as well.

Shaneus said:
I still have a bunch of those codes from that site that generated the codes a while back. Perhaps I should register them.
I think they've been canned unless they were already redeemed.

Edit: From http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03/xbox-live-points-hack-cost-microsoft-thousands-not-millions.ars "There are unconfirmed reports that some people who took advantage of the flaw have already been banned." and apparently Microsoft have "taken steps to invalidate the codes obtained illegitimately."

to be honest, I have no idea whether I'm set up to auto renew or not on XBL, I've been using cards for XBLive subs for years. I may have switched it off years ago but I can't remember. But I did use the CC card regularly to buy XBL for points, but now I use cards there as well. If I ever buy anything off PSN again, it will only be with points cards.

ps- the bank in this case rhymes with a photographer character in Dead Rising

Top Bottom