• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kritz

Banned
Still waiting on my package from Valve Store.

It shipped via DHL last Tuesday, and they tracked it up until it arrived on Friday. As far as I know, DHL hand over packages to AusPost. The AusPost website accepts my tracking number, but says "no events found" even after a week. So I'm not entirely sure where my package is. There's been nothing left in the mail saying it's at a post box or anything. I'll probably call them tonight to see if they know where it is.

I find it funny that it took less time to ship a package from Seattle to Melbourne than it did to ship from Melbourne to Tasmania. Like, do they have someone swim across the Bass for the last 300km of the journey?

Clipper

ClivePwned said:
Aussie dollar seems to have peaked at $1.10. Down to $1.06 since monday.
Once the whole Osama thing calms down a bit more, the dollar will probably start to rise against the US one again.

Omikron

"No change"

large_map.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hrm which morning train got removed from my pakenham line? Got a link with the full details?

Which train will train girl take now. fuuucccckkkk!

legend166

Civ 5 is only $21 on ozgameshop.

Tempting. But I haven't even played Civ 4 enough to justify getting Civ 5.

Also, did anyone here ever even get an email from Sony about PSN?

Shaneus

Stackboy said:
Shaneus, have you received MK yet? I'm still waiting.
Nope. But I do have a package (or two) waiting at the post office. Might be it, might not. It does usually take a while from The Hut so I'm not getting my hopes up.
codswallop said:
Does Metro Trains even have anything to do with V Line services? Geelong is a country town, no matter what Geelong residents say.
Nah, I just like complaining :D
We're actually getting new services starting Monday anyway, though I doubt it'll do anything to alleviate how fucking packed the trains are in the morning.

PS. Anyone want my regular copy of Michael Jackson Experience for 360 here? Same price as Ozgameshop, though you'll get it a lot quicker :)

Clipper

legend166 said:

My US account got one, but not my Aussie one.

Oh, and to the MK guys, my copy cleared customs this morning. Now I just have to wait for it to ship. Ironically, due to all my planning and subterfuge, it still ended up being couriered to me. Tracking indicates it will arrive this afternoon (and if not, I'll pop over tot he airport again to get it).

Deeku

Clipper said:
My US account got one, but not my Aussie one.
Yeah, US only for me as well. Though I haven't been able to check JP and HK because I forgot the passwords for the email accounts:/

Dead Man

commanderdeek said:
Yeah, US only for me as well. Though I haven't been able to check JP and HK because I forgot the passwords for the email accounts:/
My US and HK got one, but not my Aus or JP one.

Kirby102

I came to uni to pick up my iPad 2 that my lecturer bought at Syd Intl Airport.

He didn't get me one :( Where can I find a relatively cheap one... ($862 was the duty free-ness), or is anyone going overseas anytime soon? :D

Danoss

Well, it seems The Witcher 2 is up on Steam for $75, but you can have it for the low, low price of $67.50 if you pre-order. Only $22.50 extra for the slightly gimped version over the $45 GOG version at the moment.

Just pre-ordered with GOG, damn greedy companies operating in Australia.

Apologies if this is old news.

Danoss

Fredescu said:
They've confirmed that the version on GoG will be censored too. I think I'm going to go with a Steam gift.
What? Is this all versions on GOG or have the done some wonky thing for us Aussies?

Fredescu

Just the Australian version. I don't know if there is some method of getting around region restrictions on GoG, because this is the first ever region restricted title as far as I know.

Omikron

I am kinda glad I didn't pre-order the early (cheaper) steam version... because anyone that did will be getting the censored edition.

Unless you cancel your pre-order... which is completely possible on Steam. :)

Omi said:
I am kinda glad I didn't pre-order the early (cheaper) steam version... because anyone that did will be getting the censored edition.

Unless you cancel your pre-order... which is completely possible on Steam. :)

I asked this in the Witcher 2 thread and people seemed to believe otherwise.

Danoss

Well, thats rather disappointing news. Luckily I haven't given GOG any credit card details. I can't be bothered with gifting, I think I'm gonna let this sit until all this rubbish has been sorted out.

justin.au

On my Dvorak experience: definitely worth giving it a go. My typing is still incredibly slow but already I can see how much "better" the key layout is. Currently I'm just using an old Qwerty keyboard that I've converted to Dvorak so the key levels are a bit off but if/once I get used to it, I'll definitely invest it a proper mechanical Dvorak.

Hardest thing to get used to is the punctuation.

This post was written at a blazing 10 WPM (I estimate).

Omikron

DualShadow said:
I asked this in the Witcher 2 thread and people seemed to believe otherwise.

Fredescu said:
I don't know why you think that. I doubt it.

Because it has happened before, specifically with L4D2.

I pre-ordered when there was no rating/whatever, and once the ratings board modified the content, it changed to the censored edition.

Frawdder

Danoss said:
Well, it seems The Witcher 2 is up on Steam for $75, but you can have it for the low, low price of $67.50 if you pre-order. Only $22.50 extra for the slightly gimped version over the $45 GOG version at the moment.

Just pre-ordered with GOG, damn greedy companies operating in Australia.

Apologies if this is old news.
News to me and it sucks. Adding to the list:

Activision
EA
THQ
Take 2
SEGA
Bethesda
CD Projekt RED

Ubisoft

Clipper

Just finished 3DS StreetPass Find Mii for the first time, yay!

The final battle is absolutely brutal. I'm a bit disappointed to find out I wasted 4 coins on heroes that didn't even get to fight and don't carry over to the new game.

Hopefully it doesn't take me another 324 coins to beat it again :S

Fredescu

Omi said:

I pre-ordered when there was no rating/whatever, and once the ratings board modified the content, it changed to the censored edition.
Well, shit.

Omi said:

Damn, it's only a very minor change from what I've read here on GAF so I'll probably just keep my pre-order.

Ydahs

legend166 said:

Try checking your junk mail. That's where I found mine.

After visiting Istanbul last year, can I just say that Assassin's Creed Revelations being set there is awesome.

... but why Ezio again?

Aon

THE MEMORY BLEED IS NOW HAPPENING BACK THROUGH THE GENETIC MEMORIES? THE APPLE OF EDEN ALSO ALLOWS TIME TRAVEL?! THE NEW GAME RECYCLES THE ITALIAN ASSETS ONCE AGAIN AND BLENDS THEM TOGETHER?!

ONLY GOD KNOWS

Clipper

Just went home to get my incoming package and here's my results:

photo-17.jpg

Opening that up provided me with this bad boy:

photo-19.jpg

And the final, untampered proof:

photo-18.jpg

Woo!!!

I'm a little pissed, though. My convoluted method of sending stuff to a shipping facility in the US then getting them to ship to me instead meant the Amazon invoice was stuck to the outside of the cardboard box that held the package when Amazon had it inside, and that had MK:Kollector's Edition clearly written on it. It's kind of ironic that pretty much everything I did to get this past customs actually made it more likely I could have been stuffed. Guess it's my lucky day.

Agyar

Aon said:
THE MEMORY BLEED IS NOW HAPPENING BACK THROUGH THE GENETIC MEMORIES? THE APPLE OF EDEN ALSO ALLOWS TIME TRAVEL?! THE NEW GAME RECYCLES THE ITALIAN ASSETS ONCE AGAIN AND BLENDS THEM TOGETHER?!

ONLY GOD KNOWS

I got bored halfway through 2, after being reassured by everyone that it was far superior to the first. The multiplayer in Brotherhood is easily the best part of that whole series (although I haven't played the SP in Brotherhood yet so there's a dose of speculation based on it's similarity to 2 in there).

Zero interest in whatever comes next.

Top Bottom