• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Dead Man

Clipper said:
Just went home to get my incoming package and here's my results:

Woo!!!

I'm a little pissed, though. My convoluted method of sending stuff to a shipping facility in the US then getting them to ship to me instead meant the Amazon invoice was stuck to the outside of the cardboard box that held the package when Amazon had it inside, and that had MK:Kollector's Edition clearly written on it. It's kind of ironic that pretty much everything I did to get this past customs actually made it more likely I could have been stuffed. Guess it's my lucky day.
The moral of the story is never try. Nice score though.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
Does Metro Trains even have anything to do with V Line services? Geelong is a country town, no matter what Geelong residents say.

what the fuck really?

In sydney that far out of the CBD you are still well in teh metro area

when i drove to Lorne, Geelong didnt seem that far from Melbourne

Because Ezio is the best. Love him, he's great.

Aaand finally gonna play Mass Effect 2! Thanks Steam! Gotta finish Ilos on my second playthrough tonight then start ME2 asap.

Fredescu

Choc said:
what the fuck really?

In sydney that far out of the CBD you are still well in teh metro area
Google Maps says an hour and 10 from Geelong to Melbourne and an hour and 20 from Sydney to Wollongong. Not that much different is it?

Clipper

Incidentally, does anyone want a PS3 Jade Klassic costume code for MK? I bought the MK Blu-Rays as part of my obfuscation order, so I have a spare. First reply asking for it will get a PM from me.

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
Google Maps says an hour and 10 from Geelong to Melbourne and an hour and 20 from Sydney to Wollongong. Not that much different is it?

biggest load of shit ever.

It takes 2 hrs or so due to the traffic

Fredescu

Choc said:
It takes 2 hrs or so due to the traffic
I have family in Nowra and it only takes two hours to get there. Wollongong is roughly halfway. Maybe two hours if you were driving from Palm Beach in peak hour or something. No way in the world would it take me two hours to get to Wollongong.

markot

Banned
Guess it depends on which part of sydney you come from/go to.

It takes like 2 hoursish to get from canberra to outer sydney, an extra hour to get into the good bits >.<

Shaneus

Clipper said:
Incidentally, does anyone want a PS3 Jade Klassic costume code for MK? I bought the MK Blu-Rays as part of my obfuscation order, so I have a spare. First reply asking for it will get a PM from me.
I'll grab it if that's cool! Provided mine actually comes :/

And damn if you didn't sell me on that Kollector's Ed. If I can't find a cheap(ish) copy with the stick, I might just try and track one down.

PS. Friiiiiiiday. Woo.

Kritz

Banned
I'm bussing from Newtown to mornington and I needs to get there before 6.

It's like my own personal amazing race, for fat people.

Useless couriers.

Edit: I shouldn't use my phone on a bus, nearly threw up. Motion sickness :<

Shaneus

Hey, AusGAF. Who wants to buy me one of these?
itablet640.jpg

Yagharek

Kritz said:
I'm bussing from Newtown to mornington and I needs to get there before 6.

It's like my own personal amazing race, for fat people.

Useless couriers.

Edit: I shouldn't use my phone on a bus, nearly threw up. Motion sickness :<

oh good luck, try not to get stabbed on the warrane leg

jambo

I was having issues with Chrome at work so I wiped it and reinstalled. Everything went smoothly except for one extension that has been removed from the Chrome web store. If anyone has the YouTube Downloader extension handy it would help a lot!

Clipper

Shaneus said:
I'll grab it if that's cool! Provided mine actually comes :/

And damn if you didn't sell me on that Kollector's Ed. If I can't find a cheap(ish) copy with the stick, I might just try and track one down.

PS. Friiiiiiiday. Woo.
It's yours. But I'll probably wait until the PSN is accepting codes again to send it to you. I want to make sure my other one works first.

jambo

This thread certainly quietened down this arvo.

Don't forget everyone, Turkey Practice Session 1 has begun!

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

CryptiK

Ship Carrier: DHL
Tracking ID:
Latest Event: Los Angeles Gateway CA
Departure Scan - May 05, 2011 1:16:00 PM
Text Trace:
Sign-up to receive text tracking alerts

PLEASE OH PLEASE COME!

CryptiK

Fredescu said:
Are you talking Car or Train?
On an all stops it takes 2 Hours on a almost no stops it takes 1 hour 40mins

I have never gotten back from Sydney in an hour twenty.

markot

Banned
All she had to do was be the daughter of a billionaire and have a fight with a Philippino house maid over the inheritance >.<

trinest

Sydney trains when they work are great- but people who say the system is the best meh.

All capital cities suck, all capital cities have crap transpot- get over yourself.

Kritz

Banned
xqHnW.jpg

motherfucker

Took like 40 minutes to get there, 1 hour 20 to get back.

You get real fucking paranoid on Tasmania's Eastern Shore. That place... that place. Hobart CBD at night isn't much better, although at the least I know people there.

Still, worth it. 5 shirts, 3 posters and a mug.

Jintor

Aon said:
I am so envious of you. Was it transcendental?

Unfortunately our debug box didn't have updated firmwaremagiggy so we couldn't use the Kinect. I bet it's so good with the Kinect

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Unfortunately our debug box didn't have updated firmwaremagiggy so we couldn't use the Kinect. I bet it's so good with the Kinect
By that do you mean to use Kinect at all or is Eden using the new rumoured Kinect compression and the box wasn't up to date enough?

Woot. Found out a friend at work is moving to a different department so she is going to try and get me into her old job. Which is cushy and awesome.

Fredescu said:
The train from Southern Cross to Geelong central is only an hour. The ring road means people going from Melbourne to Waurn Ponds at the very southern end of Geelong takes the same time as going into central Geelong too.

Clipper said:
Just went home to get my incoming package
Those book ends look FAB, wish we could at least get the CE here without the game. :(

Frawdder said:
News to me and it sucks. Adding to the list:

Activision
EA
THQ
Take 2
SEGA
Bethesda
CD Projekt RED

Ubisoft
Bit rash to blame CD RED for a publishing dispute. They had it for $45 on GOG and Steam for quite a long time before they were pressured to put the price up. Also Ubisoft gets a pass? After their last stab at PC DRM? They thankfully dropped it but I wouldn't be surprised if they try again soon. At least TW2 only has Day One protection, don't even need a retail DVD in the drive. Not to mention the way they treated the original Witcher.

Fredescu said:
They've confirmed that the version on GoG will be censored too. I think I'm going to go with a Steam gift.
I'm sticking to retail for the CE goodies and the GOG version as the change is inconsequential to me. I don't mind if I have to accept some gold for finishing a quest before I get to bang some chick. I would prefer CD Projekt to be able to give us the game they wish but hey, we live in a democracy. Sometimes I'm on the wrong end of the popular train of thought.

Kritz said:
Still waiting on my package from Valve Store.
First they screw everyone over with the ARG. Now this! Valve are the devil! Ever since they got involved with EA it has been one paddle up the arse of the consumer after another!
Joking of course

Shaneus said:
Love how Geelong doesn't even rate a mention. Bastards.
Not worth a mention.

Top Bottom